SHH! Moderator

Default Fringe Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fringe Thread

Weig you messed up in one point Peter and pholvia are of the same universe. There is supposed to be a child between the universes

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Default Re: Fringe Thread - Part 2

right. I'm so used to Peter being on this side

That would make the need for those two to get together even more important. Because they're supposed to have to first child of two universes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
elgaz
Side-Kick

That somehow adds even more plausibility to the the theory.

A 'normal' child may not have any special abilities, but a child born to a woman with latent telekinetic powers and a man from an entirely different universe ................ there's all the potential there for that child to evolve slightly differently.

We know that Olivia has an in-built ability to step between universes. In doing so, she must be able to remove herself from her universe before putting herself in the other a nanosecond later. I would theorise that this is a very undeveloped version of the powers that the Observers have - where they can actually step outside a universe without going into another, and also step outside the timestream.

I wonder if the Observer's name 'September' has any relevant. If he's named after a month, are the others too? Does this mean there are 12 of them? And if so, what's the significance of 12?

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
Siby
Side-Kick

Wow, so much going on in this episode.

So Nina was really bad and working with David Robert Jones? Or were there two shape changers?

The stuff with Peter's baby was strange. I had forgotten about all of that. So if the blue/red olivia are gone shouldn't Peter have a baby with the amber olivia? Or is the implication that the blue universe still exists?

The Observer stuff was cool. So they are a group of scientists from the very far future who used to be humans. It's pretty clear now that Peter and Olivia's baby is the progenitor of the Observers. I agree with elgaz about Olivia's ability.

This episode made me think about the First People and their book. I hope we get more episodes about them. That story was really cool and the guy at the bowling alley was awesome.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post

So Nina was really bad and working with David Robert Jones? Or were there two shape changers?

The stuff with Peter's baby was strange. I had forgotten about all of that. So if the blue/red olivia are gone shouldn't Peter have a baby with the amber olivia? Or is the implication that the blue universe still exists?

The Observer stuff was cool. So they are a group of scientists from the very far future who used to be humans. It's pretty clear now that Peter and Olivia's baby is the progenitor of the Observers. I agree with elgaz about Olivia's ability.

This episode made me think about the First People and their book. I hope we get more episodes about them. That story was really cool and the guy at the bowling alley was awesome.
There is only one shape changer. She was the "prisoner" with Olivia.

The real Nina was the one being questioned. She honestly had not been in that "vault" for months, but it was the Fake Nina who went in there and got the drug and then dosed Olivia.

Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
Siby
Side-Kick

Dugath, I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post

I think the implication is that amber Olivia is blue Olivia. That there isn't another set of universes, like Peter has convinced himself has to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
Siby
Side-Kick

Wiegeabo, I agree with you that amber Olivia is blue Olivia but September telling Peter that he needed to get back to his Olivia and have babies is misleading or points to the existence of the other (blue/red) universes.

September could just have been referring to "getting back" to the Olivia we are seeing which would mean she is the real deal and also no other universes. Also, I noticed that since amber Olivia has been getting her memories back she sounds and acts more like the blue Olivia we have seen before.

Also, if Peter ends up using the machine what will that do? I just hope it doesn't end the show and leave us with way too many unanswered questions. hehe

Old 02-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
DrDoom
Dictator

subscribe

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
Clu
End of Line, Man.

think they set it up perfectly if canceled, they can say the timelines merged. if its renewed for a final season, they will make it 3 universes and timelines and peter can get back to "his" olivia.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #13
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

some positive news

Quote:
MichaelAusiello Michael Ausiello
This Just In: FRINGE has been upgraded from "could go either way" to "a safe bet" on TVLine's 2012 Renewal Scorecard!

Kaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #14
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I'm crossing my fingers as we speak.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Just need one more season to tie everything up. Come on. Give it to us.

Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #16
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Oh one more season... come onnnn!!
I'm shocked the series made it this far. I'm so happy for everyone involved in the show.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #17
Clu
End of Line, Man.

yeah, i hope for 1 more season to finish everything up nice and tight instead of rush fest to a conclusion that the fans and creators dont like.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clu View Post
yeah, i hope for 1 more season to finish everything up nice and tight instead of rush fest to a conclusion that the fans and creators dont like.
A planned conclusion does not always turn out good. I would be optimistic. But not get to much of my hopes up

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #19
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
some positive news
I think the "safe bet" for a renewal may be due to the cancellation of Terra Nova. I would totally want a 5th season, even if it's shortened to 13-15 episodes. I also think a defined sense of finality would get the writers/producers to get their crap together.

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumugats View Post
I think the "safe bet" for a renewal may be due to the cancellation of Terra Nova. I would totally want a 5th season, even if it's shortened to 13-15 episodes. I also think a defined sense of finality would get the writers/producers to get their crap together.
I agree,I also think that it would help its cause even further if Alcatraz got canned too.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #21
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
I agree,I also think that it would help its cause even further if Alcatraz got canned too.

Haha, I started watching Alcatraz to see if it would be a viable replacement for my Fringe viewing.

Alas, I was only able to last about 4-5 episodes in. I started to realize that the premise of quirky criminal of the week (OMG sniper; OMG bank robber; OMG serial land mine bomber??) can get old pretty quick compared to whatever weird science Fringe throws in (however, the Fringe cases are already starting to become very very repetitive).

However, I'm pretty accepting of Alcatraz's overall mythology and using trauma as a theme/motif. I also think Alcatraz's female lead is more attractive than Anna Torv....

Either way, I would rather that Fringe get renewed and Alcatraz get cancelled rather than the other way around. However, I still think the best case scenario would be for both shows to get renewed. I'm still willing to give Alcatraz another chance (I actually stopped watching Lost in the middle of the first season and was glad I returned to it).

-FRINGE
Old 03-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #22
Clu
End of Line, Man.

lies....anna torv is princess.....and with red hair....super hot....i demand both shows stay on so i can see both of their hotness.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clu View Post
lies....anna torv is princess.....and with red hair....super hot....i demand both shows stay on so i can see both of their hotness.
yes, there is something about red-head Anna Torv compared to blonde Anna Torv ......

-FRINGE
Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Anybody here going to WonderCon on Sunday? It might be one of the last panels they'll do (unless they get renewed !!!!!)

-FRINGE
Old 03-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/fringe...er-promo-ever/