The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It looks like Loki trapped Thor in the Hulk cage.
I wonder if we'll ever actually see Hulk in that cage, since it was designed for him and all.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I doubt it. Looks like the are trying to not want to hurt Banner's feelings and let the beast come out.

It will be interesting to see exactly how they get the Hulk on their side and convince him to fight on their side.

- CM Punk
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I doubt it. Looks like the are trying to not want to hurt Banner's feelings and let the beast come out.

It will be interesting to see exactly how they get the Hulk on their side and convince him to fight on their side.
What's the point of having a cage designed for the Hulk, if you're not going to put Hulk in it.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
The Morningstar
Banned User

They probably keep Banner in it, in case he Hulks out. Like in the Ultimates.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

well, they can put Banner it in. But I would think they would hope that the Hulk doesn't come out and test how well the cage works.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

was waiting for the thread manager to chime in

Ok, here are some screengrabs of images I just haven't seen screengrabbed yet.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I don't know if they would ever actually adapt Nighthawk to film. He literally is a Batman ripoff

Well his Defenders costume doesn't immediately scream Batman. His Squadron Sinister one might be reminiscent of it, but you wouldn't automatically think of the Dark Knight when you see a dark blue costume with a hawk emblem and a big red feathered cape.

And if he's only introduced in the Defenders, then he can easily be distinguished from Batman. Sure, he's a billionaire, but then so is Tony Stark. Two big differences between Nighthawk and Batman is that Nighthawk is a former criminal and is also from an alternate reality. That already sets him apart from Batman.

If Marvel make a Defenders movie, I hope they don't leave the Hulk out of it because he's already in the Avengers. He was always the heart of the team, and every issue that had him in it was much better than those that didn't. I think you could drop any other single member of the big 7 Defenders, but if you dropped the Hulk it would be like that old Justice League TV film that couldn't use Superman or Batman. Hulk is the Defenders' biggest star. Of course, that could change if Dr Strange or Namor became very popular like Iron Man.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

some more

Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
eddy
Side-Kick

Anyone see the poll on the front page? Overwhelming support for the trailer giving it a 10 but lol, there seems to be a large minority who voted it a 1. I wonder who would do a thing like that?

Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Quote:
Looking at HULK'S...uh...happy spot.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
eddy
Side-Kick

Did anyone notice they used different takes for the "We are hopelessly outgunned" and "Trying to get me back in the world" lines? I wonder if those were the reshoots. Evans looks smaller in that shot then he did in the post-credit teaser from TFA.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
Looking at HULK'S...uh...happy spot.
That's because Hulk looked at hers first

Old 02-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

There are SO many money shots in this trailer that I can't decide which one is my favorite.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I wonder if some of these scenes were just shot on an aircraft carrier (instead of a constructed hellicarrier)?

After all, it looks pretty much identical to an aircraft carrier there, even being by the sea.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #17
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Anyone see the poll on the front page? Overwhelming support for the trailer giving it a 10 but lol, there seems to be a large minority who voted it a 1. I wonder who would do a thing like that?
Well I do have to give credit, that so far there has only been one guy, and it was only one post who came on here to troll, and said something like, "totallly unimpressed, looks like another bland boring Marvel film" or something like that.

When the first trailer came out, there were tons of trolls who came out just to trash the trailer and then didn't bother to try and have a discussion, they just wanted to urinate on the parade.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #18
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Hmmmm... can i phone a friend?

Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Well I do have to give credit, that so far there has only been one guy, and it was only one post who came on here to troll, and said something like, "totallly unimpressed, looks like another bland boring Marvel film" or something like that.

When the first trailer came out, there were tons of trolls who came out just to trash the trailer and then didn't bother to try and have a discussion, they just wanted to urinate on the parade.
Na, they are just bashing it in their own forum. It's really quite sad. I don't remember any Avengers fans ripping TDKRs trailer to shreds?

Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #20
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Alexei and Zanos voting over and over again . . .

And Herr Logan .

Yup, Thor has been trapped in Hulk cage.

- CM Punk
Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #21
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I get what you're saying. If they start the process all over people will likely think "they're doing this again?" Especially if it's a smaller team that nobody really cares about, like the Defenders.

Which is why I think it's good that it seems that from here on out, the movies will be more parallel than lead-ins. Cap 2, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Avengers 2...they'll all be happening in tandem in phase 2 of the MCU. We won't have 5 movies that could be considered prequels to one much bigger movie.

Any team movies from here on out should just be given a team movie without all the flash and substance that was given Avengers. The inter connectivity of the Avengers movies have already established that it's an expansive world with plenty of superheroes in it. We don't need individual movies for every single one of them.
Well 1st off they wouldn't be starting the process off if it never ended. I mean as it is the Avengers are going back to their individual movies and then returning again in Avengers 2. So, this process is going to continue at least for this one group of titles. As for future Marvel titles going a different route I am not a fan of the idea. If you have a group of characters, establishing character origins is very difficult, and without the origins it is difficult to connect with the characters. I much prefer the route we have with the Avengers where individual characters have been fleshed out and this movie can concentrate on story, character interaction, and visual effects. Hey, but to each their own.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
And Herr Logan .
Now there's a name I didn't need to hear again.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Well 1st off they wouldn't be starting the process off if it never ended. I mean as it is the Avengers are going back to their individual movies and then returning again in Avengers 2. So, this process is going to continue at least for this one group of titles. As for future Marvel titles going a different route I am not a fan of the idea. If you have a group of characters, establishing character origins is very difficult, and without the origins it is difficult to connect with the characters. I much prefer the route we have with the Avengers where individual characters have been fleshed out and this movie can concentrate on story, character interaction, and visual effects. Hey, but to each their own.

Surfer
But it pretty much would be starting again. You've had all the MCU movies build up to the Avengers. The Avengers has always been the endgame for these movies. After Avengers, you have to build up to another movie. After that, another.

It's definitely an original process, and there's no precedent to look at to see where Marvel will go from here. And we obviously don't know what they have planned for their future, beyond hearing what characters are getting movies. I just don't want to sit through a repetitive process of buildup, payoff, buildup payoff. Now that the ball has started rolling, keep it going.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #24
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I reckon the scene where Thor in the Hulk cage is when Loki has just escaped and he's trapped Thor in the cage but made everyone think it's actually still Loki in the cage. Kinda reminds me a bit of Thor in the Hulk cage in Ultimates.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Tellin ya peeps the porthole IS the Leviathon

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Closed Thread