The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #76
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,320
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
It's definitely in the woods where the 3-way fight is. I suspect it's the reaction from the Moljnir hitting Cap's shield ...... which btw I don't find kosher. Especially seeing that the hammer is probably one of the most powerful weapons in all of the universe. I suppose they needed to find a way to keep Cap in the fight though so that's how they chose to do it.
Well, if Cap were to lead the Avengers, we can't have him being beaten to a pulp by the God of Thunder, can we? And Cap's shield imo symbolizes his unbreakable will, so I don't think it should be broken by anything, not even Mjolnir. I for one like the blue light reaction as a result of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable/indestructible object, and it is as if both weapons object to be subjected to this kind of senseless battle.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #77
Guerrilla
Side-Kick
 
Guerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 672
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Just showed my wife the trailer...lol. her face went from uninterested to wide eyed in about 15 seconds! At the end, she said "woah. We have to go see this!" She has never seen a marvel movie much less a comic book. I think the trailer is perfect. And marvel has a new fan.

Guerrilla is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #78
Juicy J
Side-Kick
 
Juicy J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Hulk has many pants. lol
Ahh true, forgot about that one!

Juicy J is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #79
Cth
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Concord, NC USA
Posts: 1,655
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -



My first thought.. nice view, of course Stark would want that outside his window.

My second thought.. that lightning strike in the trailer is that same building.

Some used that as proof of that (ugh) Muspellheim theory.. but we've seen multiple pics of a purple light coming out of Stark Tower.

Maybe, for whatever reason Stark brings it to Stark Tower and Loki activates it there?

I'm guessing after Loki starts messing with people by impersonating them, Stark would do something like that and not tell anyone. This causes everyone to argue (the Cap vs Tony scene) leading to the Loki talking to Stark scene eventually where Loki confronts Stark to get the cube?

Cth is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #80
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,631
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cth View Post


My first thought.. nice view, of course Stark would want that outside his window.

My second thought.. that lightning strike in the trailer is that same building.

Some used that as proof of that (ugh) Muspellheim theory.. but we've seen multiple pics of a purple light coming out of Stark Tower.

Maybe, for whatever reason Stark brings it to Stark Tower and Loki activates it there?

I'm guessing after Loki starts messing with people by impersonating them, Stark would do something like that and not tell anyone. This causes everyone to argue (the Cap vs Tony scene) leading to the Loki talking to Stark scene eventually where Loki confronts Stark to get the cube?
I believe the lightning strikes the chrysler building and not the stark tower, although the portal seems to come out of stark tower(poster)

darkslayer101 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #81
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
I believe the lightning strikes the chrysler building and not the stark tower, although the portal seems to come out of stark tower(poster)
I noted that on this board a few weeks ago. Stark Tower is definitely involved in the portal opening. There's a shot of Thor on the tower in the trailer and I assume it's when he goes to close the portal and defeat Loki.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #82
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,043
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

I still can't believe it took them four trailers to finally come out with something worthy of being an The Avengers trailer. God damn did the trailers struggle

Donut is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #83
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,116
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Just showed my wife the trailer...lol. her face went from uninterested to wide eyed in about 15 seconds! At the end, she said "woah. We have to go see this!" She has never seen a marvel movie much less a comic book. I think the trailer is perfect. And marvel has a new fan.
I demand you make crazy love to her now!

SpideyFan866 is online now  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #84
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,150
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I still can't believe it took them four trailers to finally come out with something worthy of being an The Avengers trailer. God damn did the trailers struggle
4? There is 3, including the SB spot, which was awesome.

The Morningstar is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #85
Guerrilla
Side-Kick
 
Guerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 672
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I demand you make crazy love to her now!
Indeed i will!

Guerrilla is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #86
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,043
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
4? There is 3, including the SB spot, which was awesome.
Im counting the Captain America preview

1st trailer drums
2nd trailer rock music
3rd trailer church music
4th trailer more like it

Donut is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #87
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,116
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
4? There is 3, including the SB spot, which was awesome.
fixed

SpideyFan866 is online now  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #88
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Im counting the Captain America preview

1st trailer drums
2nd trailer rock music
3rd trailer church music
4th trailer more like it
The church music was the bees knees

Chewy is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #89
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,043
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
He's including the SDCC 2010 teaser as well.
No because that does not count since that was not a public thing. I am including the Captain America one

Donut is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #90
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I didn't say anything like that. I'm all for individual characters' movies. I'd love to see a Dr. Strange movie. But like Captain Marvel here said, it was like a 5 year process leading up to Avengers. I don't want to see a bunch of individual movies leave a bread crumb trail to a big cross over again. Mostly because any other team they do it with isn't going to be the Avengers. It's going to be a second rate team and not really worth investing that much time and money on.

It worked for the Avengers, because they're the premiere Marvel team. People recognize them, even non comic book readers. But the Defenders? I'm a comic reader, and I couldn't give two ****s about a Defenders movie.

Even going through the process of building up to another Avengers movie would seem wasted. Part of what made it so exciting the first time was the novelty of it. Now that we've seen it happen and seen the formation of the Avengers, there's no real point in building up to it again. Just move forward with Avengers movies at the same time as the individual franchises.
Exactly. I'm looking forward to a Dr. Strange and Namor movie, but starting over the breadcrumb process again with the constant hints of forming a new team? No thank you. Especially not for a team like the Defenders.

As for Silver Surfer, isn't Fox rebooting Fantastic Four? In which case we can forget about Marvel ever doing a Silver Surfer movie. And if they did, Silver Surfer would be better off coexisting with the Guardians of the Galaxy or being a part of an Annihilators team, and not as part of an Earthbound supergroup, while Dr. Strange would be better off in a group based around Marvel's supernatural characters, like Blade, Morbius, and Werewolf by Night.

Captain Marvel is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #91
Guerrilla
Side-Kick
 
Guerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 672
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Looking back, the tidbits and trailers that have been released have done exactly what they should...show a bit more each time, and leave you aching for opening night. I dont really want any more plot specifics to come out. If they do another trailer, i would like it to be all from caps perspective. With no more alien reveals or fight reveals. In fact, i wouldnt mind not getting another trailer at all. Im set.

Guerrilla is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #92
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, if Cap were to lead the Avengers, we can't have him being beaten to a pulp by the God of Thunder, can we? And Cap's shield imo symbolizes his unbreakable will, so I don't think it should be broken by anything, not even Mjolnir. I for one like the blue light reaction as a result of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable/indestructible object, and it is as if both weapons object to be subjected to this kind of senseless battle.
I think it's more likely that the blue light is from Iron Man hitting Thor with his uni-beam.

Captain Marvel is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #93
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

I'm okay with this being the final trailer, too. Keep the alien threat a mystery.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #94
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
I think it's more likely that the blue light is from Iron Man hitting Thor with his uni-beam.
It's from Thor hitting Cap's shield. Iron Man's uni-beam isn't blue.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #95
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision
 
DyeLorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,129
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

I don't understand why people can't just like BOTH movies. It's exhausting.

DyeLorean is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #96
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,509
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Going to back to Captain America's action in the movie, I hope we get something like this, I love how this portrayed Cap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSKsJucPJGs

And when Thor was blown back in the trailer, my guess is that is from another one of Ironman's blasts, not from hit's Cap's shield as it may appear from the editing. I don't think we have anything that would show any evidence that Thor hitting Caps shield would cause an explosion.

peterparker0077 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #97
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,504
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Exactly. I'm looking forward to a Dr. Strange and Namor movie, but starting over the breadcrumb process again with the constant hints of forming a new team? No thank you. Especially not for a team like the Defenders.

As for Silver Surfer, isn't Fox rebooting Fantastic Four? In which case we can forget about Marvel ever doing a Silver Surfer movie. And if they did, Silver Surfer would be better off coexisting with the Guardians of the Galaxy or being a part of an Annihilators team, and not as part of an Earthbound supergroup, while Dr. Strange would be better off in a group based around Marvel's supernatural characters, like Blade, Morbius, and Werewolf by Night.
Considering there's been talk of a 'Phase 2' to the MCU it looks like there may be another build up (though it may just be to Avengers 2). I honestly wouldn't look forward to a Defenders build up (or really any other team movie). It's not like you can simply transplant the formula for the Avengers and have it work. I think there are probably better things they could do long before we see that as a film.

I'm not against a Defenders solo film at some point down the road, but I don't think it necessarily needs the build up Avengers had. Nor do I think there is a great need to litter a Dr. Strange or any other movie with clues or subplots leading up to it.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #98
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision
 
DyeLorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,129
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Yeah, Cap's shield in this trailers were not as prominent used as in his solo movie. With the exception of him throwing it in that german teaser we got.

DyeLorean is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #99
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,504
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post
They're sad, sad little people.
Yeah, they can be.

But if you must go back there then at least go armed with this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:



__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #100
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,116
Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

I've figured out why Thor was screaming no in the trailer.

Thor is in fact locked in the Hulk cell that Loki was in. As previously rumored, Thor breaks in to the shield facility to get Loki (hence Thor landing on plane, in order to get to the helicarrier), who he finds out is there and who he hasn't seen since his apparent death in THOR.

Once Thor actually gets to Loki, Loki, expectedly, turns on Thor and locks him in the cell while he makes his escape.

Loki then makes his escape.

SpideyFan866 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.