The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #76
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Probably not the thread to get into this, but i think it would be a disservice to the black community to have probably their most recognizable superhero be played by The Rock who looks very Samoan. yeah i know he's half black but he 's just not this:

A "disservice" to have a man who has a black heritage to play a black man?

In that picture of Luke he looks even more light-skinned than ever. Rock with a goatee could pull that off.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #77
protocida
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

^ I'd add Aquaman to that. Aquaman is cool.

Hawkman, too. Maybe the JSA and the Titans. Luke Cage, Black Panther, and Namor.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #78
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanstine View Post
I just want Thor with chain mail legging like his arms and in the comic books, rather than just striped pants.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3...47472-thor.jpg
i wish to GOD they would have done this.

I feel he looks retarded with Pants and treaded boot soles. if they are so "alien" or even "magic" why would he have slacks on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #79
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
A "disservice" to have a man who has a black heritage to play a black man?

In that picture of Luke he looks even more light-skinned than ever. Rock with a goatee could pull that off.
No thanks, The Rock just doesn't fit the role other than the body.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #80
BizarroAids
Heh

Is there a way to get a thread with a list of the rumors/info and which have been debunked and which have been proven.

I know a few other sections did that and it helps from going through all the different pages and new speculation threads.

Mods?

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #81
venom420
Side-Kick

150 minute runtime
2 and ahalf hours booya

Old 03-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #82
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
The landscape has changed since Blade. I'm sorry but I'm not interested in a Moon Knight or Nova movie.
This. As mentioned before, Moon Knight is just a Batman ripoff who cant even sell a successful comic nowadays. His series just got cancelled...and it was being written by Marvel's biggest writer. Nova is basically a Green Lantern ripoff. Like you said, not everyone deserves to have a movie. Assuming you can make a movie out of any character is simply naive.

Focus on making movies for character with a specific niche or power that we havent seen onscreen. With Namor, you could have the first underwater superhero epic. With Dr. Strange, you have a superhero dealing in the occult and magic realms. With Nick Fury and SHIELD, you have the superhero version of James Bond. The audience dosent need Moon Knight when Batman is a better and more compelling version of Moon Knights archetype.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #83
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
This is one of the reasons why Marvel is winning. They have so many heroes to choose for movie inspirations.
Umm... DC has plenty of heroes, too. Quantity isn't the reason that Marvel's ahead. It's because DC is the WB's *****.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #84
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Probably not the thread to get into this, but i think it would be a disservice to the black community to have probably their most recognizable superhero be played by The Rock who looks very Samoan. yeah i know he's half black but he 's just not this:

Cage here looks to be about the same tone as the Rock is.

Also regardless of your personal opinion, it would not be a 'disservice' to the black community to have the Rock play Luke Cage since he is black. He just also happens to be Samoan as well.

Though personally I wouldn't cast the Rock as Luke Cage. I'd love to see him in a Marvel movie, but I've never really pictured him as Cage.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #85
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

So if not Luke Cage then who should the Rock play?

And yeah, I'd love to see him in a Marvel movie, too. The man's just oodles of fun to see onscreen.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #86
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
He should play the character no one.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #87
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Really hope that 2 and a half hour running time is legit.

- CM Punk
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #88
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post

And yeah, I'd love to see him in a Marvel movie, too. The man's just oodles of fun to see onscreen.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #89
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Blue Marvel??? That's a harder name to sell than Ant-Man
If they were to cast Will Smith as Blue Marvel, I guarantee you, he'd instantly become an A-List character.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #90
Chewy
REDACTED

Boom

Old 03-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #91
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No thanks.
Duane Johnson isn't "black" enough for Luke Cage, both physically and socially.
Ok, I'll bite. How is one "socially" black enough? What're the prerequisites for that?

Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #92
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
He should play the character no one.
One of my favourites!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #93
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom420 View Post

150 minute runtime
2 and ahalf hours booya
Heck yes.
And the rock with a goatee is just roadblock. I'd prefer someone else for cage

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #94
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:

150 minute runtime
2 and ahalf hours booya

Best news I've heard all day!

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #95
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Very disrespectful to the Atlantean-American community to have the Rock play Namor.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #96
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

2 hours and 30 minutes is perfect! Really hope it's legit.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #97
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

2 & 1/2 hours would be perfect. Where is that from venom?

Old 03-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #98
venom420
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
2 & 1/2 hours would be perfect. Where is that from venom?
the article is on cbm
its from a british film site known as VUE
they were also the ones to post the thor runtime first

Old 03-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #99
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:

150 minute runtime
2 and ahalf hours booya
sweet!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #100
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I wonder whats going on in this scene where the SHIELD facility is disintegrating

Closed Thread