The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #26
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

In the new 52 Detective Comics there appeared some new villains, one of them is snakeskin, and he was able to change his appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

There was Jane Doe who kinda did that but not in a spyish way. Just a sadistically-f****ed-up-chick way. And one time Hush did something of the sort but also not in the spy-like way.

Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
WompuM
Esquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
Does Batman have any covert, under cover, spy, Chameleon type enemies?
Besides Clayface, can any of his other enemies alter their appearance to hide?
Clayface is the most obvious here. But yeah, but Hush and Jane Doe do this. Hush through surgery on himself and Jane Doe takes up the identity of her victims after murdering them. Dan Slott's Arkham Asylum (Living Hell, I think it's called) story features Jane Doe pretty prominently.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #29
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

First off, thank you all for the help. Second, Holy Cow thats gross about Jane Doe. Just read about her on Comicvine and saw some pics. Think I'll have nightmares. Eww. But thanks still, I was combining DC with Marvel (Batman + Spider-Man). Most of their villains go together well. And wanted a character to combine Chameleon with someone. Who should it be? Snake Skin or Hush or Jane? Hmm...

Old 03-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #30
WompuM
Esquire

Probably Clayface.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #31
Lord
All Mighty

Clayface, if not, i would say snakeskin, but he's relatively new

Quote:
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

When Darkseid and Highfather swapped babies, did the kids know about it growing up? Or was it something that was kept secret from them?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #33
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I believe it was kept secret from them both, I think in Kirby's original New Gods stories Orion and Scott Free eventually discovered it on their own, I think they even had a character say something like that "He has to discover on his own..."

Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #34
Cosmic
Theosophist

Faces was excellent.

Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #35
Panthro
Catman Begins

Didn't Power Girl have a kid at some point?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 03-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #36
WompuM
Esquire

Stephanie Brown did. I don't recall every hearing that Power Girl had one.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
WompuM
Esquire

What's the deal with the Golden Age Manhunter and the Manhunters of Oa? Is there any connection there? What's with their way similar outfits?

Old 03-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #38
Harlekin
Business

Yeah, PG did. It was quite quickly abandoned.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #39
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Why do monthly solicitations for DC comics always trail behind Marvel's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Lauper
Taffy butt! You have a taffy butt!
There's treasure in that butt
I want that taffy butt!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #40
Anubis
Sup?

Because you don't wash your hands.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #41
WompuM
Esquire

Hey cool guys. Don't bother with my actual DC Comics question about Manhunters. You ****s.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #42
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Manhunters infiltrated and liberated many planets disguised as living beings and created a "Cult of the Manhunters" that trained others to be their minions. On Mars, the people of that world started a group of Martian Manhunters based on the lessons of preserving justice taught unto them by the Manhunters and even erected a temple based on the appearance of their inspiration. On Earth, most of the Manhunters' agents were unaware that their masters were robots, or that their real purposes were not noble. Some of these agents became superheroes also known as Manhunters. They wore red-and-blue costumes patterned after the Manhunters themselves. The most famous of these was a big game hunter called Paul Kirk. He was active in the 1940s, and starred in his own comic book. The character was brought back in a modern version in the 70s, in which he was supposedly killed years before but was in truth placed in suspended animation by a secret conspiracy. He was cloned, and when he finally reawoke, he dedicated himself to battle those who had used him, eventually dying in the process. However, some of his clones survived.

Last edited by Anubis; 03-22-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Oh wait, there's this.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #43
WompuM
Esquire

Tight. Thanks Nubsy.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #44
Lord
All Mighty

Were the Superman Daily and Sunday Newspaper Strips that started being published in 1939 part of Earth-Two, or were those stories set in a different universe?

Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #45
WompuM
Esquire

They were never really a part of the multiverse or any verse.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #46
Lord
All Mighty

Really? Even before the crisis? Considering how similar it is to Pre-Crisis earth two and how it showed the first appearance of Jor-L and other characters it was maybe set there or in a similar universe before the multiverse was destroyed in Crisis on Infinite Earths

Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #47
Anubis
Sup?

Does it matter? Even if it was in continuity, that's like 4 continuity's ago.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #48
Lord
All Mighty

Because they're still stories, even if the Siegel and Shuster stories are no longer canon they should still be aknowledged.
It mathers for me because i want to know if i should those stories along with the Superman Chronology volumes, the stories are not conected between each others but i like to know when stories are set in the same universe or not.

And stories are stories, they're supposed to be enjoyed, the continues having been erased or not does not matter to me, this continuity is going to be replaced too, i simply don't care if the events in those comics are important to what's happening right now in the DCU, when i'm reading old Superman comics i'm caring for that universe, not the new one

It's because of that rule of "It's no longuer canon so there's no point in reading it" that when the reboot was anounced many fans felt that the Comics they ouned were no longer important or mattered.

Quote:

Last edited by Lord; 03-26-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #49
Anubis
Sup?

Why?

Old 03-26-2012, 03:03 AM   #50
Lord
All Mighty

"Why?" what?

Quote:
Closed Thread