The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #76
Anubis
Sup?

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

What evidence? A guy with crazy reality altering powers killing random people in ironically horrible ways? Energy manipulators? What does that have to do with proof of a God?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #77
WompuM
Esquire

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

He's the Spirit of God's Vengeance. We have Hal Jordan, who has literally been the Spectre (in heaven). Up there was Jason Todd, Barry Allen, and Oliver Queen, whom have since come back to Earth. You have that cool angel guy whose name escapes me (I want to say Azrael, but know that's incorrect) who literally spent most of his life living in heaven. You have the Shade, Jack Knight, and Matt O'whatshisface who went to hell through a poster and fought demons. It seems Christian mythology is very present and everyday in the DC Universe.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #78
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Let's be honest, here. There are some people (both in the DCU and probably real life if the dude exists) who could meet God face to face, witness his power, and say "Well, he's omnipotent and everything, but I doubt he's actually God."

Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #79
Anubis
Sup?

Yeah, we all know that, because we have the God's eye view of things. (So to speak.) We see this. But we're not talking about what we know. We're talking about what Lex or any other regular Jag off in the DCU knows. Did Hal have an hour special with Oprah about his time away from the lime light? Did the Shade, Jacky Boy, and Matt O'Dare bring a video camera to Hell with them? Is Zauriel (That was his name by the way) not one of several super people with wings and or sonic powers? Here's y something else, remeber when those Angels invaded Earth and Superman wrestled a damn Bull Angel to a standstill? Whose to say those weren't just aliens? I mean, Earth gets invaded every other day, what makes these douche bags any different than say, the Thannagarians?

Just saying. This is evidence that is not available to everybody. So how is your average Athiest supposed to know that these people are in fact the real deal?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #80
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

I suppose you have a point. And as a Stargate SG-1 fan, I should probably know better.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #81
WompuM
Esquire

Nubs, I'll think of something, and shove it in your face.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #82
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by WompuM View Post
You have that cool angel guy whose name escapes me (I want to say Azrael, but know that's incorrect) who literally spent most of his life living in heaven.
Zauriel?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #83
WompuM
Esquire

Well, slow start for me. Just found this.
Starman #42

Old 03-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #84
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

In that case, for the sake of convenience, pragmatism, and a little bit of compromise, shouldn't he just call that type of energy they wield, magic?

Old 03-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #85
Anubis
Sup?

Probably, but he is right.

It's just energy. A different type of energy, but energy none the less.

As far as he knows. Doesn't know all the deals with lords of Hell and what not that goes into the gathering of that energy.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #86
The Morningstar
Banned User

They should just have the pantheons from Vertigo be the same as the DCU one too. Then we can have a cute teenage girl as God.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #87
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

When/why did Batman switch from his all black/yellow oval costume to his current suit?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #88
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

happened during the reboot. didn't tell us why.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #89
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

In the new reality, Batman thinks ovals are stupid. By far the worst of all the shapes.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #90
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
In the new reality, Batman thinks ovals are stupid. By far the worst of all the shapes.
He's a shape discriminator!

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #91
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Follow-up question: Why did Bruce bring the yellow oval BACK to his costume following his return from the dead?

Old 04-01-2012, 02:07 AM   #92
Anubis
Sup?

Cuz it was awesome.

Same reason why he was rocking the Codpiece.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #93
Superman 1265
Side-Kick

Why do a lot of writers find it hard to write Superman?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #94
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman 1265 View Post
Why do a lot of writers find it hard to write Superman?
Lots of reasons - emotional disconnect, change in societal values, biased in favor of Batman, can't see Superman being anything other than Chris Reeve, the writers in question are just plain stupid, etc.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #95
Anubis
Sup?

Little known fact, MOST comic writers aren't very good.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #96
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

the other day I heard kyle higgins say it'd be too hard to write superman because he's too powerful

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #97
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

That's a common complaint. Which is funny because it's not true.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #98
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Superman is one of those characters that writers who've never read his comic claim is impossible to write. You can't jump into a Superman book with only scant knowledge of the character gleaned from a few old Christopher Reeve movies.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #99
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Unless you have the power to remake everything about the character to fit those old Chris Reeve movies.

*cough*Johns/Frank*cough*

Old 04-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #100
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
the other day I heard kyle higgins say it'd be too hard to write superman because he's too powerful
Which goes to show he's not a very good writer and why Nightwing isn't very good. I hope Nightwing features heavily in Batman Inc, I need me some Grayson!

Closed Thread