The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #101
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

I got bored of Nightwing pretty quickly. There wasn't anything wrong with it, per se, but it just wasn't all that exciting to me. Kind of the same issue I'm having with Aquaman now.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #102
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Unless you have the power to remake everything about the character to fit those old Chris Reeve movies.

*cough*Johns/Frank*cough*

Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #103
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Unless you have the power to remake everything about the character to fit those old Chris Reeve movies.

*cough*Johns/Frank*cough*

Does that mean Superman can reverse time by flying around the world, throw out cellophane S's and repair the Great Wall of China just by looking at it again?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #104
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I wouldn't count the cellophane S out. The Phantom Zone prisons have already gone back to looking like 2-dimensional shards, just like in the movie.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #105
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
I wouldn't count the cellophane S out. The Phantom Zone prisons have already gone back to looking like 2-dimensional shards, just like in the movie.
And my disgust of the nostalgia for those movies continues to grow...

So just how old is Alfred Pennyworth approximately?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #106
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

867. He's remarkably well preserved.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #107
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
I got bored of Nightwing pretty quickly. There wasn't anything wrong with it, per se, but it just wasn't all that exciting to me. Kind of the same issue I'm having with Aquaman now.
It sure takes a lot of talent to make Nightwing boring.

Isn't Alfred supposed to be late fifties?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #108
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
And my disgust of the nostalgia for those movies continues to grow...
Yeah, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #109
WompuM
Esquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
It sure takes a lot of talent to make Nightwing boring.

Isn't Alfred supposed to be late fifties?
Seems like he'd need to be older than that. He's typically seen as older than Thomas Wayne. Let's be generous and say when Thomas died, he was only 35, with Bruce being 10, and Alfred being 45. Now that Bruce is at least 30, Alfred would be around 65 at a minimum.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #110
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
happened during the reboot. didn't tell us why.
No, no. Not recently.

I mean, in the mid to late 90s when he had the all black costume, when and why did he switch back to the classic grey and black bar costume? I know it was the early 2000s, but I don't know what the "reasoning" was, or what issue exactly...

Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #111
Anubis
Sup?

It was because whoever was drawing it at the time decided that looked better. There was no issue where Bats and Alfred had some in depth conversation about whether or not he should ditch the oval. Had to have went down after No man's Land.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #112
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

When did WB take ownership of DC Comics?

Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #113
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
It was because whoever was drawing it at the time decided that looked better. There was no issue where Bats and Alfred had some in depth conversation about whether or not he should ditch the oval. Had to have went down after No man's Land.
And it's what issue that was that I'd like to know.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #114
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
I'm pretty sure it happened when they made the 1978 Superman film.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #115
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
What would become Warner Communications Inc (Kinney National Co.) bought what would become DC Comics in 1967.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #116
WompuM
Esquire

Ok, seriously though. How did Thor get better? 15 words or less. I don't really care that much but gimme something. Dude died. Now he's alive. What's the deal?

Old 04-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #117
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

No, it was 1969.

National Periodical Publications (DC Comics) was purchased by the Kinney National Company in 1967. Then in '69, they were bought out by Warner Bros.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #118
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I thought it was the other way around, and that Kinney bought out Warner Bros7. Which brought them under the Warner conglomerate.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #119
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

You're right. I read it wrong.

Either way, it wasn't owned by "Warner Bros." until 1969.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #120
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WompuM View Post
Ok, seriously though. How did Thor get better? 15 words or less. I don't really care that much but gimme something. Dude died. Now he's alive. What's the deal?
Might as well post it here too, since this is more the place it belongs:

Karnilla worked some magic mojo to take advantage of his death by wiping his memory from everyone's minds and replacing him with Tanarus, who was actually Ulik in disguise. She had formed a pact with Geirrodur, the king of the trolls, to use Thor's death against the Serpent (which was prophesied, remember, so everyone knew about it) as their means of finally taking revenge on Asgard. So Thor goes to where forgotten gods go, which is apparently a long-ass line being marched into the Demogorge's mouth to be consumed.

Kid Loki, however, has a vague notion that something's not right and, upon investigating, starts remembering Thor vaguely. Thor himself starts to remember who he is in the death line and starts to realize he doesn't belong there. His memory's slow return also makes Mjolnir return to him, which completes his memory. He inspires two other forgotten gods to have faith in themselves again and they begin to remember who they are too. One turns out to be a war goddess, who helps Thor bust out of the line to the Demogorge. Thor fully remembers who he is by then and they head for Earth.

Heimdall also starts to put the pieces together and eventually confronts Tanarus. They fight and Heimdall smashes the magic pendant that was disguising Ulik as Tanarus just as Thor and his two new space-god friends arrive. They have a big fight wherein Frigga f***s Karnilla up, Thor straight-up kills Ulik like he's a speck of dust, and the other Asgardians beat Geirrodur and his troll army. Karnilla and Geirrodur are magically imprisoned in Ulik's skull somehow and that's that.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #121
Sundancer
Cynicist

What's the current status of each member of the Marvel family?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #122
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

all ruined, probably forever.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #123
Anubis
Sup?

Billy's a douche and the rest are God knows where or likely don't exist anymore.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #124
Sundancer
Cynicist

Could I get some facts please?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #125
WompuM
Esquire

There's only been one back up story with Billy, and instead of the bright eyed sprout who was given the power of Shazam for his inherent goodness (which we all knew and loved), now he's a smart assed orphan who will probably have some spiritual journey in order to earn the power, rather than just deserving it for being good to begin with. Freddy, Mary, Tawny, etc. have been been shown or mentioned. They probably don't exist.