The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #101
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Default Re: Venom Spin-Off ISN'T Dead????

I've often wondered about McFarlene directing or writing. After all,he helped create Venom and from what I've read,really wants to make the character dark and disturbing. That can only be good from where I'm sitting.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #102
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Two words: Jensen Ackles. We need a representation of Venom exactly the opposite of Topher.

Put the black costume in Amazing Spider-Man 3, use the crashed space shuttle for its origin. Introduce Jensen Ackles as Brock, the climax will have Spider-Man lose the symbiote in the tower, then post-credits we see Brock as Venom.
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #103
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Snape, this movie is to be made for Venom fans (including people realizing Eddie deserves to be hated for good reasons, like moi), so whatcha doing here?

I am No. 14: Supa-Pizza
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #104
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
It also needs an intimidating actor for Eddie Brock.
Brock Lesnar FTW!

Quote:
Please stop with this "anti-hero" bs....he has never been an anti anything. He's a f***ing villain, and should be treated that way. That's the reason why the character is so screwed, because Marvel is not letting him be what he is....a villain. Stop It.
Nah, man. Lethal Protector was awesome!

Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #105
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Huh.......

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #106
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Brock Lesnar FTW!
I highly disagree. Venom needs balance; if they get a guy who can't act, it will hurt the character. Skill is a bit more important than looks in my opinion.

Put the black costume in Amazing Spider-Man 3, use the crashed space shuttle for its origin. Introduce Jensen Ackles as Brock, the climax will have Spider-Man lose the symbiote in the tower, then post-credits we see Brock as Venom.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 05-18-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #107
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Having anyone other than a qualified actor in the role would mean it wouldn't be taken seriously. Certainly not by me.
I don't know if it's true but I hear talk of an all CGI Venom,should the film be made. Just in ramblings around the net.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #108
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I'd really hate for him to be completely CGI. Like you'd actually believe you could run into this guy on the street!

Venom shouldn't be as huge as he is in the comics. He should definitely be bigger than Spider-Man though, and obviously muscular.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #109
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Here is a tagline to my screenplay of "Venom"

Prehistoric man called it Death, ancient man called it a curse, the Renaissance called it the Plague…..today, they call it Venom.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #110
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Just because Josh Trank isn't directing doesn't mean the movie project should be dead. He is one of many great directors, so why can't Sony just find someone else to do it?

Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #111
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Should be Zack Snyder (300, Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen).

Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #112
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Yeah he could do a really good job with a Venom movie.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #113
SpideyFan92
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not to mention Man of Steel reboot with Nolan writing the story

SpideyFan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #114
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I wonder what's there thinking and direction they desire to take the character. You know, what's their approach.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #115
awesome232
Racktastic!!!

Question is: After which TASM movie do they want to release the film? TASM 2, TASM 3?

And...will they do Eddie Brock or just the symbiote or "the suit"?

awesome232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #116
awesome232
Racktastic!!!

I think Spidey will possibly have the suit in TASM 3 and then gets rid of it at the end. It's also possible Eddie Brock could be a character in the next film or last one, setting up him as Venom. The Venom Spin-Off could have Spidey as a supporting cast member (which it should). They better use Andrew again. He's seems like the best Live Action Spidey!

There is also the rumor of the Black Cat Spin-Off and it's possible she could be in the trilogy too, but it's hard to tell since she's in the TASM game.

But yeah, Venom Spin-Off should be after the trilogy, with Spidey still being in the films branching off from the TASM trilogy. I think there should be a Venom trilogy as well.

1st Movie: Shows Eddie becoming Venom and also show's flashback of how his life was before. Get defeated at the end and goes to prison with Cletus Cassidy setting up the 2nd film.

2nd Movie: The suit comes back for Eddie, but gives birth to an offspring which turns Cletus into Carnage. Venom faces off against Carnage and Spidey, but Spidey won't be in the film as much. Show's Eddie becoming more of a Lethal Protector, killing criminals and saving the innocent.

3rd Movie: Venom is no match for Carange by himself so he asks for the help of Spidey. Carnage is infecting people with the symbiote and turning them into possesed zombies! After Carnage is defeated, Venom leaves Spidey for good, ending Peter's torment.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #117
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I really can't imagine doing a Venom spinoff without him being in a Spider-man film first. I still want that epic Spider-man vs. Venom movie. After that,have Venom/Brock live and then do the spinoff and fight Carnage.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #118
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I really can't imagine doing a Venom spinoff without him being in a Spider-man film first. I still want that epic Spider-man vs. Venom movie. After that,have Venom/Brock live and then do the spinoff and fight Carnage.
Agreed.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #119
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Not saying it's the best way to do it, but I disagree, there is a good way to do Venom without Spidey.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #120
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome232 View Post
I think Spidey will possibly have the suit in TASM 3 and then gets rid of it at the end. It's also possible Eddie Brock could be a character in the next film or last one, setting up him as Venom. The Venom Spin-Off could have Spidey as a supporting cast member (which it should). They better use Andrew again. He's seems like the best Live Action Spidey!

There is also the rumor of the Black Cat Spin-Off and it's possible she could be in the trilogy too, but it's hard to tell since she's in the TASM game.

But yeah, Venom Spin-Off should be after the trilogy, with Spidey still being in the films branching off from the TASM trilogy. I think there should be a Venom trilogy as well.

1st Movie: Shows Eddie becoming Venom and also show's flashback of how his life was before. Get defeated at the end and goes to prison with Cletus Cassidy setting up the 2nd film.

2nd Movie: The suit comes back for Eddie, but gives birth to an offspring which turns Cletus into Carnage. Venom faces off against Carnage and Spidey, but Spidey won't be in the film as much. Show's Eddie becoming more of a Lethal Protector, killing criminals and saving the innocent.

3rd Movie: Venom is no match for Carange by himself so he asks for the help of Spidey. Carnage is infecting people with the symbiote and turning them into possesed zombies! After Carnage is defeated, Venom leaves Spidey for good, ending Peter's torment.
Lol given recent events I don't think Zombies is the way to go... Lol just saying, but very cool description, but must admit I am a fan of Flash being Venom, The build of that story could be brilliant!! But Sony is too caught up on a Teenage Spidey....

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #121
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Snyder has made some great films...I do not want him to taint that with making a film that shouldn't even be made.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #122
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Arad and Tolmach talk about the spin-off:

Quote:
Talking to Hollywood.com, The Amazing Spider-Man producers Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach have revealed that while there may be connections between that and the Venom spin-off, they won't necessarily share the same world. "Look for the worlds to make sense with one another," teases Tolmach. "What I'm trying to say to you without giving anything away is hopefully all these worlds will live together in peace someday." So, it sounds like there MIGHT be a chance of the two characters crossing paths, although it surely won't make sense unless the villain is first introduced in a Spider-Man sequel. The site adds that it will not have any links to the version of Eddie Brock introduced in Spider-Man 3.

"It's an Eddie Brock story," said Arad. "We want to be as close to the comics as possible. Especially in Eddie Brock's story. But again, pseudo-sceince is becoming science. All these tidbits about webs, artificial webs, is a huge industry now. Spiderwebs have unique qualities that will be huge for communications, fibers, and so forth. So we have taken the approach that we want to make the huge amazing movie about Eddie." Tolmach adds, "He was a journalist. He had the wrong story, he got in trouble for it, he got fired. The whole essence to us for the Marvel characters. Stay close to the bible, stay close to the emotional story, and the rest is fun."

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #123
awesome232
Racktastic!!!

Hmmm....what could this mean? And wouldnt they be opening two universes if Venom is not in the TASM universe? I'm so confused, but I'm glad they're talking about it.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #124
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

After reading alot of people's comments on this they all seem rather negative. I mean,how can people believe a Venom film can't work? Or do they just hate the character? Either way,I don't get it. Of course,assuming they do it right I think there's alot of great things to explore and stories to tell with a Venom film. Although,I have mentioned before,I'd rather see him appear first in a Spidey film...

Old 06-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #125
awesome232
Racktastic!!!

They said they're taking a more scientific aproach. So maybe we should expect Ultimate Venom with some 616 traits.

I also wonder why people dont like the spin off. I think it's going to be awesome!