The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #51
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,872
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Maybe that'll change, given that this is a supporting role.

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #52
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

He was in supporting roles on The Agency the season it was canceled, and in In Justice for its whole 13 episodes.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #53
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

No, wait, I think he was the star of In Justice now that I think about it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #54
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 38,245
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

O'Mara had the same billing as Kyle McLaughlan on In Justice.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #55
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

yeah, it hit me as I thought back on it that he was the lead investigator or something

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #56
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Point of Diminishing Returns
Posts: 4,971
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

watching Bent right now. It's actually pretty decent.

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #57
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius
 
Shifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Earth Dimension C-137
Posts: 13,557
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Bent was NBC's worst comedy premiere ever in terms of ratings. It was up against American Idol and ABC comedy repeats but with lack of promotion this show was DOA. Good thing there is only two more weeks of that show but it won't have any chance for a second season.

Happy Endings is looking shaky for a renewal, it probably will be ABC's version of Chuck in that with so many cancellations for other shows it will hang on and survive for another 5 years. Cougar Town is another that with a new night and time has been hurting in the ratings and could be canceled based on what ABC has in development.


8:00
FOX American Idol 4.5/14 15.52
CBS Survivor 2.7/8 10.20
NBC Whitney 1.6/5 4.22
ABC The Middle (R) 1.2/4 4.91
CW One Tree Hill 0.7/2 1.45

8:30
NBC Are You There, Chelsea? 1.4/4 3.49
ABC Suburgatory (R) 1.3/4 4.43

9:00
FOX American Idol 5.3/14 17.59
CBS Criminal Minds 3.2/8 11.90
ABC Modern Family (R) 2.0/6 5.64
NBC Bent (Premiere) 1.0/3 2.82
CW America's Next Top Model 0.6/2 1.28

9:30
ABC Happy Endings 1.8/5 4.12
NBC Bent 0.9/2 2.42

10:00
CBS CSI 2.5/7 11.22
ABC Missing (R) 1.3/3 5.03
NBC Rock Center with Brian Williams 0.7/2 2.99

__________________
THOSE GUYS ARE INSIDE YOU BUILDING A PIECE OF ****, ETHAN!
They're inside you building a monument to compromise!

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #58
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Never even heard of Bent

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #59
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,872
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Its always kind of appalling to me that a network would pick up a series and then do absolutely nothing to promote it when the time comes, much less wait until nearly the end of the season to air it. If you're going to pick it up based on it's pilot, you ****ing put the word out.

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #60
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,895
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
That might be the kiss of death. O'Mara is almost as bad as Glau with canceled shows.

And his awesomeness needs a good vehicle.
I hope not. He was (acting wise) probably the best thing about Terra Nova and this new project sounds so good. I have a feeling that show will at least garner significant interest, given that is has a movie star (Quaid) and one of the best TV actors of all time (Chiklis), doing what he does best... being a badass.

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #61
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,161
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Good & Bad for General Hospital.

Bad: Down two weeks in a row to 2.248 million viewers!

Good: The Revolution, lead-in to GH is also down two weeks in a row, back to back series lows. 1.33 million viewers. GH still 900,000+ viewers gained over TR.

Solution: cancel TR. Move GH to 2pm ASAP and give it a 1-2 year renewal.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #62
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

I thought they already canceled it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #63
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,161
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I thought they already canceled it.
Nope. Rumors.

One Rumor by SoapOperaNetwork is that The Revolution will be pulled soon. And GH *may* move to 2pm. No word if that means GH is renewed or just moving to 2pm for a short while.

Another is both shows are canceled, but not publicly announced til April.

It's in ABC's best interest to give GH the 2pm slot for 1-2 years. Give Frank & Ron a chance to fix the ratings. The Chew is at 2.14 million. Stronger lead in to GH, GH stronger lead in to Katie talk show.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #64
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,738
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Wait, what's Bent?

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #65
O'Haire
Awesome
 
O'Haire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada.
Posts: 2,602
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Wait, what's Bent?
Yeah, I never heard of it until someone mentioned it today.

O'Haire is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #66
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Point of Diminishing Returns
Posts: 4,971
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

new sitcom on NBC. it's sad that nobody knew about it, I found it quite enjoyable. It definitely deserved more promotion.

The lead actor was wonderfully charismatic in a womanizing, surfer boy role.

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #67
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,872
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Hollywood Reporter:
Quote:
Rosario Dawson Bringing Graphic Novel 'O.C.T.' to A&E With 'Walking Dead' Producer (Exclusive)
12:45 PM PDT 3/28/2012 by Lacey Rose

The cable network is developing the drama, which could serve as a starring vehicle for Dawson.

Rosario Dawson is teaming with The Walking Dead's Gale Anne Hurd to bring her graphic novel to A&E.

The drama project, O.C.T., is being developed with both women attached as executive producers. Though O.C.T. -- an acronym for the NYPD’s Occult Crimes Taskforce -- is still in its early stages, it is being considered as a star vehicle for the Sin City actress.

The scripted drama, an increasingly appealing genre for the cable network, will explore the inner workings of the task force, which was established after the Civil War to make the New York City streets safe from practitioners of black magic, demons from another dimension and all manner of supernatural malcontents.

Like the graphic novel, co-created by Dawson and David Atchison, O.C.T. will center on the character of Sophia Ortiz, a new member of the bureau who uses magic, spells, ghosts, the undead and the unnatural. At the heart of the story is an ongoing struggle between the O.C.T. detectives and an organized demon-force attempting to take over Manhattan. (At one point, Dimension Films was developing a big-screen version.)

News of the project comes as A&E wraps up its best quarter on record, with the network best known for Hoarders and Storage Wars posting gains in the key adults 25-to-54 demo (now averaging 819,000 viewers) and with total viewers (1.6 million). If ultimately ordered to series, O.C.T. would join a scripted slate that includes The Glades, Breakout Kings and the upcoming Longmire.

The script will be penned by The Unusuals’ Jorge Zamacona, who also will serve as a producer alongside Dawson and Hurd, who is particularly well-versed in the graphic novel to TV business as evidenced by the success of AMC's Walking Dead. Atchison, Ford Gilmore and Tony Shasteen, the graphic novel's illustrator, will join them as producers.

Zamacona is repped by CAA and Gang Tyre, and Dawson is repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Never read the graphic novel, but this sounds enough like what 17th Precinct could've been to have me interested.

Plus, dat Rosario Dawson

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #68
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius
 
Shifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Earth Dimension C-137
Posts: 13,557
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Quote:
AMC Developing Football Drama 'The Real All Americans' (Exclusive)
7:19 AM PDT 3/28/2012 by Marisa Guthrie THR.com

Producers are in discussions with Tommy Lee Jones to direct the pilot, about the Native American college football program that minted Olympian Jim Thorpe.

AMC is in the early stages of development on football drama The Real All Americans. Based on Sally Jenkins’ book about the Carlisle Indian Industrial School in Carlisle, Penn., All Americans chronicles the school's storied football program created by U.S. cavalry officer Richard Henry Pratt, an abolitionist and early equal rights proponent who made a harrowing journey to the Dakota Territory in 1879 to recruit the school's first students.

Producers are in discussions with Tommy Lee Jones to direct the pilot if AMC moves forward. Nicholas Meyer, best known as the writer of various Star Trek films, is writing the script with Harry J. Ufland (the upcoming Robert De Niro-Diane Keaton romantic comedy The Wedding) on board as producer.

Pratt’s football program had a stunning record of 167-88-13 and produced a string of famous athletes and coaches – including Olympian Jim Thorpe and coach Glenn “Pop” Warner. The subject matter is close to Jones’ heart. The actor, who grew up in Texas, is of Cherokee descent. He also played defensive tackle at Harvard, where he was a 1968 All-Ivy League nominee and played in the infamous ’68 Harvard-Yale game that featured a stunning 16-point Harvard comeback in the final minute. Jones recounted the story for the 2008 documentary Harvard Beats Yale 29-29.

All Americans would give AMC another period piece and also one that deals with racial issues. Hell on Wheels is set in 1865 during the post-Civil War construction of the first transcontinental railroad. The Western is AMC’s highest-rated series after The Walking Dead, with the first season averaging 3 million viewers after a series premiere watched by 4.4 million. In December, the show was renewed for a second season.

With Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Killing, AMC has five scripted dramas on its schedule. Rubicon was the only series in recent development seasons that did not make the cut for a second season. The high success ratio is a result of the network's selective development process. So if All Americans gets picked up to pilot, odds are good that the network will move forward to series.

“If there’s something we care enough about to get into the pilot process, we feel like we’re producing the first episode of the series,” AMC president Charlie Collier told The Hollywood Reporter. “And that requires a ton of rigorous development where we really take it ultra-seriously.”
With Breaking Bad ending and The Killing potentially being a ratings flop with how things went in season one this could be on the air next year along with the Goodfellas show. Great to hear Jones involved.

Eventually AMC will have shows taking place in every decade.

1860s Hell on Wheels
1870s The Real All Americans
1880s The Real All Americans
1890s Broken Trail
1920s Mad Men
1930s Mad Men
1940s Mad Men
1950s Mad Men
1960s Mad Men
1980s Breaking Bad
1990s Breaking Bad
2000s Breaking Bad
2010s The Walking Dead, Rubicon, Breaking Bad, The Killing

__________________
THOSE GUYS ARE INSIDE YOU BUILDING A PIECE OF ****, ETHAN!
They're inside you building a monument to compromise!

Rick and Morty

Last edited by Shifty; 03-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Shifty is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #69
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,161
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Breaking In rose to a 1.4/4 18-49, up from last week's 1.3/3. But show dropped in viewers from 2.8something to 2.700 million. After next weeks 5th episode, looks like hiatus! So why is Christian Slater just now promoting?!?!? Last week, Friday--err Saturday morning he was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Did some interviews online. Tonight, Thursday, he's on CONAN on TBS. Is FOX not giving up? Or is Slater trying too little too late???

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #70
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

How is Fringe getting such low ratings? It's freaking awesome.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #71
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
How is Fringe getting such low ratings? It's freaking awesome.
Fringe is a smart show.


That's how.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #72
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,489
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

How is 'Missing' doing in the ratings?

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #73
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 23,278
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Fringe is a smart show.


That's how.
You're right. Also, smart =/= most entertaining. I will admit that Fringe when I used to watch it was so-so to me so I didn't care for it after a while.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Spielberg wanted to ground the myth of Lincoln in reality. "I wanted to say, what if this guy actually existed? What would it be like?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #74
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

I still think Fringe is one of the best shows on TV

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #75
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,161
Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

The Chew and The Revolution drop. Gee, nice move canceling the soaps, dummies. 2.04 million for The Chew, 2 weeks in a row it's dropped behind AMC ratings. The Revolution has dropped 3 weeks in a row, hitting series lows of 1.32 million. A year ago AMC did 2.37 & OLTL 2.51 million viewers. What??? The Revolution is down 47% in overall viewers!!! 60% drop in W18-34!!!!!!!

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2012/...se-more-steam/

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.