Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #76
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
How is 'Missing' doing in the ratings?
I've heard it's not doing well, which sucks since it's a good show.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #77
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I've heard it's not doing well, which sucks since it's a good show.
Damn. I hope the writers at least plan to wrap up this season if there isn't going to be a second.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #78
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Deadline:
Quote:
PILOT LOCATIONS: New York & Vancouver Production Booming, Los Angeles Declines
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

The TV comedy resurgence cannot come soon enough for the Los Angeles production community because Hollywood is fast losing ground on the drama side to New York and Vancouver. New York State’s August 2010 decision to extend and expand its Film Production Tax Credit Program continues to pay dividends in TV in a big way. A record 11 broadcast drama pilots are shooting in New York this season, up from 9 last year and 0 the year before, just before the tax credit vote. For the first time this year New York eclipsed traditional location leader, Los Angeles, in the number of drama broadcast pilot shoots. What’s more, Los Angeles fell from first to third place with 8 of the 41 drama pilots shot here. That is down from 11 (out of 42) last year and 14 (out of 43) the year before.

The biggest gainer this year is Vancouver, which shot up to second place with 9 pilots, doubling its tally of 4.5 last year (Production of Fox’s Alcatraz was split between Vancouver and San Francisco). While currency exchange rate with Canada is still not as favorable as it was 3 years ago, it is a fraction better than last season. And filming in Vancouver is still a bargain compared to the U.S. Additionally, with so much production going on, there are experienced crews, Vancouver can relatively easily stand in for many locations in the U.S. and it shares a time zone with Los Angeles, making communication simple. Overall, runaway production accelerated this year with a total of 11 broadcast pilots filmed in Canada: 9 in Vancouver and one each in Toronto (CW’s Beauty And The Beast) and Montreal (ABC’s Zero Hour). That is almost double the 6 pilots shot north of the border last year. Additionally, NBC’s Frontier is being filmed in Australia.

After a year of saber-rattling among Georgia state legislators about killing the film incentive program, they just voted to tweak but keep the program in place. Two drama pilots are shooting in Atlanta thus year, NBC’s untitled JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke and Fox’s Kevin Williamson. The location choice for the latter accommodates Williamson as one of his two series on the air, The Vampire Diaries, also shoots there. The only other city/state with multiple pilots this season, Chicago (Chicago Fire, John Berman/Rob Wright) also has aa tax credit program in place. For several projects, like Chicago Fire, the shooting location matches their setting. The list includes Gotham, 666 Park Avenue, Trooper, Golden Boy, Elementary, Baby Big Shot and The Carrie Diaries (New York), Scruples, Widow Detective, Devious Maids and County (Los Angeles), Chicago Fire & Josh Berman/Bob Wright (Chicago) and Nashville (Nashville). But among the US shoots, we also have Manhattan-set Gilded Lily shooting in Boston and New England-set Shelter filming in North Carolina.

Comedy pilots continue to be a Los Angeles domain, with all half-hour pilots filming here. (One of them, NBC’s Next Caller, may move to New York if picked up to series.) With comedy pilots factored in, Los Angeles’ share of pilot production remained unchanged from last year at 60%. However, comedies on average employ fewer people as they do fewer location shoots. (Multi-camera sitcoms film almost entirely on a soundstage.) That is not good news for the city, which already posted a 3% decline in television activity last year, when Los Angeles’ overall share of produced pilots (broadcast and cable) decreased to 51% from 58% the year before and 82% seven years ago, according to FilmLA. Here is a list of this year’s broadcast drama pilots by location:

NEW YORK

666 Park Avenue ABC
The Carrie Diaries CW
Golden Boy CBS
Guilty Fox
Trooper CBS
Elementary CBS
Gotham ABC
Americana ABC
Roland Emmerich ABC
Notorious NBC
Baby Big Shot CBS

VANCOUVER

Beauty & The Beast ABC
Penoza ABC
Midnight Sun NBC
Mockingbird Lane NBC
The Selection CW
Arrow CW
Cult CW
Joey Dakota CW
First Cut CW

LOS ANGELES

Bad Girls CBS
Scruples ABC
Devious Maids ABC
Widow Detective CBS
County NBC
Karyn Usher Fox
The Asset Fox
Applebaum CBS

ATLANTA

Untitled J.J. Abrams/Eric Kripke NBC
Untitled Kevin Williamson Fox

CHICAGO

Josh Berman/Rob Wright Fox
Chicago Fire NBC

OTHERS

Shelter CW (North Carolina)
Gilded Lilys ABC (Boston)
Nashville ABC (Nashville)
Zero Hour (Montreal)
Last Resort ABC (Hawaii)
Frontier NBC (Australia)
Untitled Las Vegas CBS (Santa Fe)
Beauty And The Beast CW (Toronto)
Do No Harm NBC (Philadelphia)

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 03-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #79
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Deadline:
Quote:
FX Developing Cop Drama Produced by Philip Seymour Hoffman
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

FX has put in development Inside, a drama project from playwright-screenwriter Kyle Jarrow and Philip Seymour Hoffman and Emily Ziff Cooper’s Town Prods. The semi-serialized cop drama follows a San Francisco homicide detective who discovers his real father is a convicted serial killer who claims to be innocent of murdering the cop’s mother. Hoffman and Ziff will executive produce, with Sara Murphy also producing. Jarrow, repped by CAA and Madhouse Entertainment, had his feature Armless premiere at Sundance, and his spec Good Samaritan sold to Voltage Pictures.
That FX is looking into a different new cop drama can't mean anything good for Powers.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #80
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Oh good...a cop drama. Because we don't have any of those yet.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #81
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #82
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

I wonder if Vancouver gives TheCW a gift basket every year? Or in their case, a discount for shooting there since CW=lol fail.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #83
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #84
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Is it just my perception of things...or does it seem like in the past couple years we've seen more shows cancelled or getting extremely low ratings more than in the past?
It just seems like everytime I get into a show it gets cancelled or at risk of being cancelled...more often than in the past.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #85
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Today Fox picked up Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope (going to season four, two and three).

Those three shows join Bones, Kitchen Nightmares, American Idol and The X-Factor for next year's schedule. Deadline says a shortened Fringe season could occur if the economics work out.

That essentially means Breaking In won't come back from the dead again, I Hate My Teenage Daughter is also likely to join the long list of canceled Fox comedies.

Alcatraz, The Finder and Touch are still waiting for good news, Touch is likely the only one to return.

NBC should be making decisions soon on what happens with their shows.

Rick and Morty
Old 04-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #86
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Shame if The Finder doesn't come back. I'd rather have that than Touch, although the last couple of episodes of Touch have picked up a good bit of momentum.

Finder got screwed by having a january premier, and not being paired up with Bones, it's popular sister show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #87
Donut
Side-Kick

FOX should get rid of Alcatraz & Touch. That way more room for Fringe & they can get the 24 movies going

Old 04-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #88
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Is it just my perception of things...or does it seem like in the past couple years we've seen more shows cancelled or getting extremely low ratings more than in the past?
It just seems like everytime I get into a show it gets cancelled or at risk of being cancelled...more often than in the past.
Wouldn't surprise me, networks want instant gratification so they don't let slow burners gain an audience like they once did. Seinfeld would've been cancelled very quickly in today's climate. Also with the quality shows being produced by Cable Channels also hurt the Network shows ratings.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #89
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

YEAH!!! >_<

GENERAL HOSPITAL RENEWED, THE REVOLUTION CANCELED.

http://m.deadline.com/2012/04/abc-th...gma-afternoon/

The bad is that GMA Afternoon edition will air for 9 weeks in early July. If that is threw the roof, GH is done? No set sch for Fall 2012 Daytime, although The Chew at 1, GH at 2 taking over Revolution, and Katie at 3 taking over GH is likely.

Still rumors that ABC will test GH at night time in the summer a few days a week.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #90
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Ratings in for last week. ABC's The Revolution hit another series low. 1.30 million viewers, down a whopping 51% from OLTL's year ago 2.6 million. Down a pathetic 64% in key demo from OLTL. Lololololol. The Chew and The Talk are barely doing 2 million viewers.

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2012/...aytime-talk-7/

Old 04-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #91
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Oh yeah. Breaking in pulled from April 24th return, possible summer burn off likely. Whatever, just give me DVD fox. I got money take it from me.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #92
marvelman2006
Banned User

I really dont have many shows right now to get into, I watch glee, the office and the voice but thats it. WWE occasionaly. Way too many shows with too much hype and build up that have quickly gone no where. Its like most of these networks put all there thought into the pilot then after that they dont have a clear path where they want to go. I swear to god if I see one more cop show I will explode with puke..

Old 04-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #93
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Oh yeah. Breaking in pulled from April 24th return, possible summer burn off likely. Whatever, just give me DVD fox. I got money take it from me.
I wonder if we will hear any news of Megan being fired & not part of the remaining episodes ? Or are all of the episodes filmed already ?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #94
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Megan Mullally got fired from Breaking In?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #95
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
Megan Mullally got fired from Breaking In?
No but just about everyone is complaining about her character. I wonder if FOX will listen to the fans about that

Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #96
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

they've already filmed all the episodes for the season.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #97
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
they've already filmed all the episodes for the season.
So Megan can add to her resume

"I killed a show"

Old 04-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #98
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
So Megan can add to her resume

"I killed a show"
Let's be honest, this show was DOA before season 2 came on. It was nothing more than a stop-gap show this season for the hyped and major fail 2 hour comedy block on Tuesday for FOX. FOX also wanted a new show from the creator of Breaking In.

Now announce the complete series on DVD when show begins summer burn off on Fridays or Sundays 7-8. IHMTD begins it's 3 week burnoff 7-8 early June on Sundays.

Everybody all mad on Facebook this is canceled. It was canceled before the S2 debut was on FOX. If FOX was serious, they would had Micheal be in a few early episodes at least.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #99
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

they also wouldn't have put it on at 9:30

I don't think Fox every liked the show. But they had a surprise little hit on their hands when it premiered well, and stayed fairly strong with good fan loyalty, despite the ratings drop by the end of S1.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #100
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

I feel like hating on FOX, but NBC, ABC, CBS are pissing me off more currently. A lack of daytime soaps is one thing. Another is I am so sour of NBC, I no longer have faith in them launching new shows. When 30 rock, community, parks and Rec is done, I won't watch primetime anymore. When Days is gone, that entire NBC is dead to me. Cable is rising, Networks dying scripted wise.

And Grimm and Snaah are not hits. Grimm may last awhile, but Smash I see crashing next season.

Closed Thread