Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #102
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
So Megan can add to her resume

"I killed a show"
I'd rather see her back as Tammy 2 on Parks and Recreation anyways.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #103
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I will still watch NBC as long as they have Sunday Night Football.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #104
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

That's about the only thing keeping the whole network afloat.

That and the Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #105
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
That's about the only thing keeping the whole network afloat.

That and the Olympics.
Yep. During the Super Bowl, NBC bragged about the fact that Sunday Night Football was NBC's highest rated program.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #106
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
lol show was already ****ing dead.
Yeah, but it was awesome until Megan Mullally showed up.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #107
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Sad part is, her assistant is awesome. And damn cute.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #108
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Sad part is, her assistant is awesome. And damn cute.
Season 2 gets a bad rep. Why? Cause season 1 was LOL awesome. Season 2 is Okay. Still, I've seen every season 2 episode twice. 4 and 5 episodes were actually good. Maybe FOX has balls and will make ME happy. Back to Back Fridays. 8-10 PM in summer. 8 episodes in 2 weeks. I'll grab the popcorn.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #109
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Universal remaking Rockford Files tv show with Vince Vaughn as lead

Quote:
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #110
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

You know that it's as a film, right? Sorry, the title's a little misleading.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #111
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: Early Buzz Update
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday April 19, 2012 @ 1:39pm PDT

With the upfronts three and a half weeks away, we are in the final stretch of the the mad dash we call broadcast pilot season as pilots are being cut, re-cut, tested, delivered and screened. Because so may pilots were so late, it’s hard to get a full picture yet, so keep that in mind.

FOX

The biggest move at the network over the last week has been the ascend of REBOUNDING, Joe Port and Joe Wiseman’s uplifting comedy about a man (Will Forte) recovering from the death of his fiancé with the help of his buddies. The pilot, which has Modern Family‘s co-creator Steve Levitan as an executive producer and helmer Jason Winer as director, has been testing very well and is red-hot. Also hot on the comedy side at the network is the MINDY KALING medical office ensemble half-hour. Additionally, in contention are culture-clash comedy EL JEFE, and two adult sibling half-hours LITTLE BROTHER, which underwent minor reshoots, and THE GOODWIN GAMES. The network will be stocking up on comedies as I hear it is looking to make the two-hour midseason comedy block experiment a permanent element on the schedule next season. On the drama side, the KEVIN WILLIAMSON project starring Kevin Bacon continues to look like a sure thing while for rest of the field, the race has tightened. The KARYN USHER teen spy drama continues to be strong but the network’s other female CIA operative pilot, the more adult THE ASSET, has tested almost equally as well. There also has been chatter about encouraging studio testing results for the other two Fox drama pilots, the untitled BERMAN/WRIGHT mob doctor project and legal drama GUILTY. The decision would probably come down to how many new dramas Fox will pick up for next season, with speculation that as many as four could potentially make the cut.

NBC

Return to the glory days of Friends, Seinfeld and Frasier? It is shaping up to be a strong year for multi-camera comedies at NBC, which was already high on the format in the pilot pickup stage. Early standouts, the untitled KARI LIZER and JIMMY FALLON projects continue to look good (through reaction to FALLON has been more mixed) with two other multi-camera comedies, TABLE FOR THREE and DOWNWARDLY MOBILE, also tracking well early on. Among single-camera offerings White House family comedy 1600 PENN, Greg Daniels’ FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER and SAVE ME are hot, with ANIMAL KINGDOM, GO ON and NEXT CALLER in contention. Ryan Murphy and Ali Adler’s much anticipated THE NEW NORMAL is yet to be delivered, while early pilot ISABEL is a rare family-friendly comedy that NBC could air at 8 PM. Along with HANNIBAL, which has a straight-to-series order, drama pilots DO NO HARM, COUNTY, MIDNIGHT SUN and CHICAGO FIRE are garnering solid buzz. No much chatter about early entry BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE though the network was intrigued enough to order re-cuts. I hear THE FRONTIER looks stunning visually, but will NBC pick up a Western (albeit an unconventional one), especially with CBS on track to greenlight a period drama with a 20th Century cowboy as its lead, Ralph Lamb?

ABC

Soaps seem to be leading the charge at ABC this season with several pilots in the genre garnering early buzz: NASHVILLE, PENOZA, GILDED LILYS and, to some extent, AMERICANA. (also don’t forget MISTRESSES, which has a series order.) Feedback on Marc Cherry’s DEVIOUS MAIDS has been conflicting. Among the non-soapy contenders, the spooky 666 PARK AVE and high-concept LAST RESORT appear to be in good shape. On the comedy side, Claudia Lonow’s HOW TO LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS is gaining momentum. I hear ABC brass also are high on Judy Greer in her pilot AMERICAN JUDY, and like Reba McEntire and Mandy Moore, who also topline half-hour pilots. PRAIRIE DOGS and the off-cycle DAN FOGELMAN also are in contention. Additionally, ABC topper Paul Lee has been high on the raunchy AWESOMETOWN, which has encountered testing issues, so the jury is out on that one. ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES has been quiet, though I hear the British original is a favorite of Brit Lee.

CBS

Most CBS drama pilots appear to still be in contention though, with Sherlock Holmes reboot ELEMENTARY and sprawling period drama RALPH LAMB starring Dennis Quaid going strong, the squabble seems to be for the remaining available slots. BABY BIG SHOT, APPLEBAUM, TROOPER and GOLDEN BOY all look like they have a shot at this point. Max Mutchnick and David Kohan seem to have finally nailed the concept that they have been passionate about for years as it reflects their real-life relationship, with their pilot PARTNERS tracking very strong. I hear the DORF/FALCONE and LOUIS CK/SPIKE FERESTEN comedies turned out better than expected (though it’s unclear if that will be enough to snag a series order), while FRIEND ME not so much. The NICK STOLLER project looks solid however, being single-camera, question if where it would fit in CBS’ comedy lineup, dominated by multi-camera sitcoms.

THE CW

At The CW, mystery drama CULT is gaining momentum, joining frontrunners ARROW and THE CARRIE DIARIES. THE SELECTION continues to look strong because of its kinship with blockbuster HUNGER GAMES, and medical drama FIRST CUT still looks solid, mostly on the strength of its leading lady, Meryl Streep’s daughter Mamie Gummer. Being a time-traveling musical murder mystery, JOEY DAKOTA is probably the riskiest pilot ordered by a network this season. Not much feedback on that one, though I hear the network likes how the singing portion of it turned out.

TNT

TNT this year is on the same development cycle with the broadcast networks, evaluating its four drama pilots for series pickups tied to the network’s upfront presentation during the broadcast upfront week. I hear David E. Kelley’s medical drama CHELSEA GENERAL is hot, with the Frank Darabont’s LA NOIR and Carol Mendelsohn’s SCENT OF THE MISSING also in the mix.

Rick and Morty
Old 04-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #112
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Deadline:
Quote:
NBC Picks Up Matthew Perry Comedy Pilot ‘Go On’ To Series
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

And we have the first new series for next season locked in — I’ve learned that NBC has picked up comedy pilot Go On to series with a 13-episode order. The project brings back to NBC’s primetime former Friends star Matthew Perry and co-showrunner Scott Silveri. (Will they return to the Thursday 8 PM slot?) Perry stars in and co-executive produces Go On, a single-camera project written by Silveri and directed by Todd Holland. Produced by Universal TV, Go On centers on an irreverent yet charming sportscaster (Perry) who, trying to move on from a loss, finds surprising solace from the members of his mandatory support group. The series hails from Holland and Karey Burke’s production company Dark Toy, which just reupped its overall deal at Universal TV. Silveri, Holland and Burke executive produce. The cast of the pilot also includes Laura Benati, Julie White, Suzy Nakamura, Allison Miller and Khary Payton.
Not too surprising. With the shape they're in, I couldn't see NBC passing up on having any of the Friends back on their primetime line-up. Now, lets just hope the show puts Perry to good use.

H.E.(R?)
Old 04-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #113
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I actually liked his show Mr. Sunshine. My expectations were low, but it surprised me. I was sad it only got half a season.

glad to see him getting more stuff.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #114
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Matthew Perry should stay on The Good Wife.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:29 AM   #115
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I love Matthew Perry, so I'm willing to give his new show a chance.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #116
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Deadline:

Not too surprising. With the shape they're in, I couldn't see NBC passing up on having any of the Friends back on their primetime line-up. Now, lets just hope the show puts Perry to good use.
Well hopefully with Perry attached and being the first comedy picked up they have the biggest pool of writers to hire/lure so they put him to good use.

Nobody has done well post Friends with TV shows

Joey tanked in season two for NBC
Episodes is a lowly watched Showtime series
Cougar Town is a toss up for cancellation at ABC
Dirt lasted two seasons on FX
The Comeback had one season on HBO
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip cratered on NBC
Mr.Sunshine didn't even air all 13 episodes on ABC

Rick and Morty
Old 04-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #117
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I wish Cougar Town was doing better. It's better than nearly every "comedy" on CBS.

H.E.(R?)
Old 04-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #118
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Well hopefully with Perry attached and being the first comedy picked up they have the biggest pool of writers to hire/lure so they put him to good use.

Nobody has done well post Friends with TV shows

Joey tanked in season two for NBC
Episodes is a lowly watched Showtime series
Cougar Town is a toss up for cancellation at ABC
Dirt lasted two seasons on FX
The Comeback had one season on HBO
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip cratered on NBC
Mr.Sunshine didn't even air all 13 episodes on ABC
Plus a majority of Jennifer Aniston's movies have failed at the box office.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #119
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Plus a majority of Jennifer Aniston's movies have failed at the box office.
I wouldn't say that. Maybe 30% of her films have failed post-Friends.

Rick and Morty
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #120
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

But 100% of them are the same film

Quote:
Old 04-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #121
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I was hoping she would get naked in Wanderlust...but nope, she didn't.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #122
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Aniston needs to come back to primetime. Her film choices are just....

Except Horrible Bosses, of course.

H.E.(R?)
Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #123
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I was hoping she would get naked in Wanderlust...but nope, she didn't.
SHE CAME PRETTY CLOSE IN "HORRIBLE BOSSES"

-DOOM

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #124
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Yeah, close but no cigar

Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #125
DrDoom
Dictator