The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #51
Superhero 101
DESI

Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 6

The TIH Fight scene is my 2nd favorite fight scene in a comic book film (#1 being Spiderman vs Doc Ock train sequence) The fight was intense brutal and chaotic which is what i think every finale battle should be like in a Comic Book movie I mean i like how they Abomination punched Hulk through a bus then Hulk makes boxing gloves out of a police car and punches the **** out of Abom. I mean those first few minutes were epic. And after the helicopter crashes i love how there was a shot of how Hulk and Abom are pushing themselves against each other while snarling at each other. And the way Abom fought was so brutal i loved it he made the Hulk bleed which i thought was pretty cool. And the fight had the two most epic Hulk Moments with the Thunderclap and the Ground Smash which is what really made the fight even more epic! I mean hats off to whoever cordinated that fight sequence they really did a great job!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #52
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I liked the Abomination fight scene in TIH.
Anything is better than Whiplash/Dynamo 10-second-blink and you'll miss it- scene in Iron Man 2.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #53
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
More blows traded? I dunno man, those two beat the hell out of each other.
Yeah at the beginning of the fight, then after the helicopter crash the whole fight slowed down considerably.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #54
Anti Goku
Side-Kick

Hulk...Smaasshhh! Was an oh **** moment it was great in tih
Do you guys think hulk could take an atomic bomb to the chest?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #55
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Goku View Post
It depends on which version of Hulk it is, I'm pretty sure Green Scar Hulk could even though he'd be hurt.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #56
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
The pacing of the battle was to slow for me. There weren't enough blows and there were almost no power punches exchanged (punches that knock people of there feet). They would hit each other like two or three times then stop. The combat portion of battle just wasn't that intense.
If you say so.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #57
Anti Goku
Side-Kick

Yeah the reason I ask is because I always wonder how much hulk could actually take like if one was dropped on him and a whole city was decimated would he still be intact that sort of situation

Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #58
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah at the beginning of the fight, then after the helicopter crash the whole fight slowed down considerably.
Still don't understand what you're talking about to be honest. They were exchanging blows as Abom pinned Hulk against the wall ..... he even stabbed him. The only time it slowed down was when Hulk did his clap to put out the chopper fire.

Before that scene they had a massive mid air collision, Abom sent Hulk flying thru a building, Hulk pummeled him with a car he turned into boxing gloves, and on and on and on .....

It was like watching two silver back gorillas going at it ..... exactly what I'd expect.

To each their own I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I liked the Abomination fight scene in TIH.
Anything is better than Whiplash/Dynamo 10-second-blink and you'll miss it- scene in Iron Man 2.
IMO it was the most intense and lasting fight of all the Marvel films leading up to the Avengers.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #59
Anti Goku
Side-Kick

^^one of the best parts to me is when hulk rips out abominations elbow bone that protrudes and stabs him with it pay backs a *****

Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #60
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Jeet, everything you say about that show in regards to the Hulk himself I agree with, and have said myself in here. But what your suggesting about cutting Banner out completely is where we disagree.

Just like any other superhero, the trick is making the alter ego interesting. Before Bale, I couldn't care less about any of the previous "Bruce Waynes" now I prefer his Wayne over his own Batman. Same thing with RDJ's Stark, which makes those films way better than IM does, TBH.

Inherently Banner can be a dry character, and like you pointed out, Bixby strayed from that somewhat, which to me isn't a big deal as long as it works. Its up to the creative team along with the actor to decide how to improve this. As much as it was a corny scene, I loved when Norton's Bruce tried to have sex. Had there been a little more of that humanity, perhaps the role wouldn't be so bland, and conversely, make the Hulk himself something more meaningful beyond an action device.
I may have worded my point badly. I don't want Banner gone completely, I want some balance. It's been "The Incredible Bruce/David Banner" up to this point. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a movie where the Hulk character dominated the narrative since Banner has received almost all the character development so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Well still did better than the recent movies. Or comics. Wasn't the original Hulk series cancelled after only FIVE issues?
Perhaps more evidence that the Hulk character which came later and became popular is the one they got right. (And who isn't in the movies)
Quote:
And it's very well documenmted that the change of name was because theyt wanted to make a difference from the comics and Bruce Banner had the classic name alliteration that they wanted to avoid. But it's a mistake to think they changed Bruce to David. The name of the comics' character is Robert Bruce Banner, and in the series is David Bruce Banner.
According to Lou Ferrigno:

Q: The film gives another nod to the series by showing a gravestone marked Bruce David Banner. Why was the traditional Marvel Comics name Bruce changed to David for the series?

A: CBS felt that the name Bruce sounded too gayish, and they wanted David. I thought it was the most absurd, ridiculous thing I'd ever heard.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...gno-hulk_N.htm
Quote:
And I didn't know it didn't make it to the top ten, nor did I care, but it got an Emmy for best actress in a sci fi series, which was not very common - if it had ever happened at all before - and it's still the main referent within the GA about the character. That's why Ang Lee and Leterrier kept things from it.
I know the show managed to get a very distorted version of the Hulk into the mainstream...that's my complaint. Imagine if the Batman movies felt like they needed to stick close to the Batman TV show instead of getting closer to the comic version. (They could still get closer for my money) Just because a TV show manages to distort a character doesn't mean a movie has to go along with the distortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
The TIH Fight scene is my 2nd favorite fight scene in a comic book film (#1 being Spiderman vs Doc Ock train sequence) The fight was intense brutal and chaotic which is what i think every finale battle should be like in a Comic Book movie I mean i like how they Abomination punched Hulk through a bus then Hulk makes boxing gloves out of a police car and punches the **** out of Abom. I mean those first few minutes were epic. And after the helicopter crashes i love how there was a shot of how Hulk and Abom are pushing themselves against each other while snarling at each other. And the way Abom fought was so brutal i loved it he made the Hulk bleed which i thought was pretty cool. And the fight had the two most epic Hulk Moments with the Thunderclap and the Ground Smash which is what really made the fight even more epic! I mean hats off to whoever cordinated that fight sequence they really did a great job!
You're right.

There really aren't a lot of epic one on one battles in comic book movies, are there? I guess my favorites would be:

1-Spidey vs Doc Oct
2-Superman vs Zod and friends
3-Hulk vs Abom
4-Dark Phoenix vs Prof X
5-Hellboy vs Prince Nuada

Old 03-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #61
Snikt
Side-Kick

I actually rank Blonsky pretty high up there as far as Marvel movies go.

I'd say Loki then Red Skull and Blonsky are tied. I think Iron Man has had some of the weaker villains, but I still enjoyed them (especially Justin Hammer).

I liked Mickey Roarke, but there was something very nasty, wicked and evil about Blonsky. I really hated him. Which, to me, is an excellent sign of a great villain.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #62
sabetoonth
Who?

Pheonix and Xavier just stared at each other and had a mental shouting match?

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #63
Anti Goku
Side-Kick

Tim Roth aka blonsky is just a very great actor and he can play practically any role convincingly he is very adaptable this is a bit random but I really dug his performance in lie to me too bad it was canceled

Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #64
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Tim Roth aka blonsky is just a very great actor and he can play practically any role convincingly he is very adaptable this is a bit random but I really dug his performance in lie to me too bad it was canceled
Lie to Me used to be one of my shows

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #65
ArtTeacher
Boobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post

Q: The film gives another nod to the series by showing a gravestone marked Bruce David Banner. Why was the traditional Marvel Comics name Bruce changed to David for the series?

A: CBS felt that the name Bruce sounded too gayish, and they wanted David. I thought it was the most absurd, ridiculous thing I'd ever heard.

I put more stock in what the creator/writer/director of the show, Kenneth Johnson said than what one actor on the show said about it; he didn't like the "comic booky" alliteration of Bruce Banner (a la Peter Parker, Clark Kent, Mickey Mouse, Wonder Woman, etc.).
In the late 70's, the name Bruce was probably the furthest thing from "gayish", since you had Bruce Lee, Bruce Springsteen, and Bruce Jenner all being huge popular stars.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #66
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
He survived one during his battle with Red Hulk in Hulk#24, walked out of the smoking crater unscathed.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #67
Anti Goku
Side-Kick

^^^interesting, thanks for the answer
But truthfully his clothes should have been turned to dust after a blast that powerful it's funny how his shorts always seem to say on the only exception I know is in 2003 hulk where they get ripped off by the dogs

Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #68
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Perhaps more evidence that the Hulk character which came later and became popular is the one they got right. (And who isn't in the movies)
You're all about popularity? Then the TV show beat the comics back in the day.

Quote:

It was Kenneth Johnson who made that decision. You watch the interview with Kenneth Johnson, not just one of the cast members who was not involved with any kind of decision there:

"I wanted it to not be comic booky in any way. One of the first things I changed was David Banner's name from Bruce Banner. Why? Because the Bruce Banner thing is like Lois Lane, peter Parker, it's all aliterative, all harked back to comic books roots and I was doing everything I could to get the show away from comic book root and that kid of feeling".

Minute: 1:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kb-5Xs7Nv0

When getting the facts it's always better to go rioght to the source instead of secondhand hearsay.

He then talks about the Hulk's color and how little sense the green makes. And it certainly does, it was juyst a random decision. But it's a must because everyone's used to it and it's his visual identity. So Johnson kept the green color.

And well, you said that it was ridiculious to have a red Hulk. Don't they have red, gray, green and purple in comics? And a planet where he becomes a gladiator? And you can't take the TV show seriously? Heh.

Quote:
I know the show managed to get a very distorted version of the Hulk into the mainstream...that's my complaint. Imagine if the Batman movies felt like they needed to stick close to the Batman TV show instead of getting closer to the comic version. (They could still get closer for my money) Just because a TV show manages to distort a character doesn't mean a movie has to go along with the distortion.
No, it's that the show and its real-world feeling connected more to people than the comic books. That's all.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #69
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Still don't understand what you're talking about to be honest. They were exchanging blows as Abom pinned Hulk against the wall ..... he even stabbed him. The only time it slowed down was when Hulk did his clap to put out the chopper fire.

Before that scene they had a massive mid air collision, Abom sent Hulk flying thru a building, Hulk pummeled him with a car he turned into boxing gloves, and on and on and on .....
They weren't really exchanging blows when Hulk was pinned against the wall, Hulk threw a few blows and tightened the grip on his neck.

I'm not saying the fight was bad by any stretch I just expected more from the fight considered who the combatants were.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #70
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
They weren't really exchanging blows when Hulk was pinned against the wall, Hulk threw a few blows and tightened the grip on his neck.

I'm not saying the fight was bad by any stretch I just expected more from the fight considered who the combatants were.
I could agree with this. Though of all Marvel's movies, I'd say TIH has the best final fight, followed by Thor, Captain America, IM 2 and IM.

But I pretty sure The Avengers will top all five of em

Old 03-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #71
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Short Answer yes... Long answers hell yea!!!

Deathpool was suicidal and he couldn't think of a way to kill him self. So he ask Wolverine if he new of a way to die. Wolverine told Deathpool to seek out Hulk. Deathpool need the Hulk to attack him so he did every thing possible to piss him off but none of it worked. He even filled the Hulks mouth is explosive but it still didn't get the Hulk angry enough to try to kill him. So Deathpool used his last trick........ Nuke him!!!!

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 03-13-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #72
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Ah yes "Deathpool" the comedian of the marvel universe

Old 03-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #73
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

I have to agree with this, the fight was hyped up so much I was expecting A LOT more! I expected an all out brawl but really they would trade a few blows and then something else would happen to interupt the fight. I still liked it, but there have been better comic book fights beforehand and since.

For me, Thor vs The Frost Giants has been the best Marvel movie fight. And some of the fights in the Transformers movies are amazing.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #74
elgaz
Side-Kick

I loved the Hulk/Abomination fight in TIH.

We've seen plenty of shots of Hulk over the years throwing tanks and other heavy stuff, but it was nice to see him go one-on-one with someone who's just as powerful as him.

Plus, the fight was brutal at times - which is what it should be when you have 2 huge and powerful creatures facing off. Abomination stabbing Hulk slowly in the chest, Hulk snapping off his bone and stabbing him back, and Hulk eventually choking him out until he almost kills him are all prime examples of that brutality. It wasn't just punch, punch, punch with no consequences. Hulk eventually gets even angrier than he is at the start of the fight and overcomes Abomination.

I thought the way the fight was conceived really did justice to the characters.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #75
The Morningstar
Banned User

Who is this "Deathpool"? Never heard of him.

Closed Thread