Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #76
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I have to agree with this, the fight was hyped up so much I was expecting A LOT more! I expected an all out brawl but really they would trade a few blows and then something else would happen to interupt the fight. I still liked it, but there have been better comic book fights beforehand and since.

For me, Thor vs The Frost Giants has been the best Marvel movie fight. And some of the fights in the Transformers movies are amazing.
Yeah I agree, the Frost Giant battle in THOR >>> Hulk vs Abomination in TIH (which is still an awesome fight)

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #77
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah I agree, the Frost Giant battle in THOR >>> Hulk vs Abomination in TIH (which is still an awesome fight)
Definately, to me, Thor vs the Frost Giants has been the only fight in a Marvel movie to make me stand up and take notice. It has been the only major wow moment for me through them all as I thought the majority of the action in both IM movies, TIH and Cap was very, very average and some of it i'd even qualify as poor, especially in Cap.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #78
The Morningstar
Banned User

Agreed. I find it funny when critics of Marvels movies, mainly fanatical Nolanites, claim they are nothing but popcorn, action movie fluff.

When anyone with any sense can see that Marvels movies are primarily character driven and focused.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #79
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Agreed. I find it funny when critics of Marvels movies, mainly fanatical Nolanites, claim they are nothing but popcorn, action movie fluff.

When anyone with any sense can see that Marvels movies are primarily character driven and focused.
Yeah they're not really that action packed and people act as if action is easy to shoot and perform, when in actuality it takes quite a bit of skill to properly shoot and choreograph quality action scenes.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #80
The Morningstar
Banned User

Doing complex action scenes, that mesh CGI and real world locations/sets is probably one of, if not the most technically difficult thing to do when making a movie.

That's why i'll never understand people who say Michael Bay is a crap director. No, he's a crap story teller, but there isn't many better action movie directors out there, or who have ever existed.

Still, the best action scene i've ever seen is in Children of Men.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #81
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Doing complex action scenes, that mesh CGI and real world locations/sets is probably one of, if not the most technically difficult thing to do when making a movie.

That's why i'll never understand people who say Michael Bay is a crap director. No, he's a crap story teller, but there isn't many better action movie directors out there, or who have ever existed.

Still, the best action scene i've ever seen is in Children of Men.
Hell yeah , people placed too much importance in story telling which is only one aspect of film making (although it's an important one) and they don't give good action directors nearly enough credit.

I can't believe they think any director could give us action of the same caliber as Transformers and the rest of Bay's films, the attention to detail and the mixture of CGI and real locations are incredible.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #82
The Morningstar
Banned User

What makes me laugh about Bay critics is they come out with the utter ******** that his action scenes are undecipherable because of shakey cam and quick cuts.

Errr... no. If anything Bay's trademark is tracking shots and his whole "virtual camera" thing.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #83
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
What makes me laugh about Bay critics is they come out with the utter ******** that his action scenes are undecipherable because of shakey cam and quick cuts.

Errr... no. If anything Bay's trademark is tracking shots and his whole "virtual camera" thing.
That's crazy because his tracking shots are awesome and I can tell exactly what's going on in 90% of his action scenes (sometimes the camera is a bit too close).

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #84
The Morningstar
Banned User

One shot that i really love in the TF movies is in the first one, when Iron Hide jumps over this women in slow motion, and the women is screaming her head off hahaha. Not only is it awesome but it's nice to show the reactions of civilians in the middle of the madness.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #85
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
One shot that i really love in the TF movies is in the first one, when Iron Hide jumps over this women in slow motion, and the women is screaming her head off hahaha. Not only is it awesome but it's nice to show the reactions of civilians in the middle of the madness.
Oh hell yes, that was an awesome example of how to do a "sh** just got real" shot in an action film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #86
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:

Exactly!!! My fav scenes from THOR and CA:TFA are the heavy character moments, e.g., THOR and LOKI in the SHIELD interrogation room.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #87
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Exactly!!! My fav scenes from THOR and CA:TFA are the heavy character moments, e.g., THOR and LOKI in the SHIELD interrogation room.
Thor and Loki's heart to heart in SHIELD's interrogation room is highly underrated, it even impressed me more than Loki and Odin's argument over Loki's lineage.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #88
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Thor and Loki's heart to heart in SHIELD's interrogation room is highly underrated, it even impressed me more than Loki and Odin's argument over Loki's lineage.
Hiddleston did an incredible job coming off sincere even when you *know* he's lying, and even when you know he's, well, Loki. I can entirely believe that the most dangerous thing you can let Loki do is talk to you.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #89
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Hiddleston did an incredible job coming off sincere even when you *know* he's lying, and even when you know he's, well, Loki. I can entirely believe that the most dangerous thing you can let Loki do is talk to you.
Definately people LOVE the scene of Loki and Odin arguing because of the intensity, but sometimes subtle emotions expressed in scenes like the one we're speaking off are even more impressive.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #90
The Morningstar
Banned User

I liked the scene where Thor was screwing about the Frost Giants to Odin. And Loki is just standing there with a look on his face that says "Is this guy for ****ing real?!" lol.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #91
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
That is an amazing shot and there an abundance of them in the TF franchise, Bay's technical ability when it comes to shooting action scene's is simply amazing, but, as you pointed out, his story-telling lets his movies down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
To be fair this is were Marvel movies tend to excel, during the character moments. Its summed up in a scene in Thor actually, when Thor goes to get his hammer back, sure there is the fight scene before it which is decent, but the best moment in that scene by far is when Thor tries to lift the hammer and fails, and screams "WHY!" at the sky before dropping to his knees. Amazing acting and character moment, with perfect music accompanying it to boot.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #92
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Yeah, the Frost Giants battle in Thor was actually very good. It showed the strength of Thor in all his glory. Up until that moment, we didn't know how powerful the character was gonna be, but after that sequence you were left with "ok, this guy can fight". There should have been a similar epic fight in the 3rd act, it was easily the best action scene in the entire film, and it came too early (yeah... that's what she said).

Old 03-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #93
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
To be fair this is were Marvel movies tend to excel, during the character moments. Its summed up in a scene in Thor actually, when Thor goes to get his hammer back, sure there is the fight scene before it which is decent, but the best moment in that scene by far is when Thor tries to lift the hammer and fails, and screams "WHY!" at the sky before dropping to his knees. Amazing acting and character moment, with perfect music accompanying it to boot.
Agreed

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #94
Anti Goku
Side-Kick

So the avengers runtime is currently 135 minutes according to joss whedon I wonder If it will be epic enough he said he cut 45 minutes down

Old 03-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #95
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Goku View Post
So the avengers runtime is currently 135 minutes according to joss whedon I wonder If it will be epic enough he said he cut 45 minutes down
Yeah that's the runtime for the actual film, that's not counting the credits and post credits scene and he said he cut the 45 minutes worth of footage that didn't add anything to the overall film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #96
Anti Goku
Side-Kick

How do we know there is a post credits scene? Or is it just speculation

Old 03-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #97
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Goku View Post
How do we know there is a post credits scene? Or is it just speculation
Well Kevin Feige said that they're going to continue the tradition of post credit scenes so that's basically saying "yes this film is going to have a post credits scene".

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #98
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

44 days left.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #99
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
44 days left.
Man time is really winding down, just think about it in only 2 weeks exactly there's only gonna be 30 days left.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #100
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1977.htm
Not in the top 25 for 77-78 (The Incredible Hulk #26)
http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1978.htm
Not in the top 30 for 78-79
http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1979.htm
Not in the top 30 for 79-80
http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1980.htm
Not in the top 30 for 80-81
http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1981.htm
Not in the top 30 for 81-82

I think comic fans think that show was a much bigger hit than it really was. I was the biggest Hulk fan going and I was excited about it too...until I saw it. It could not be termed a "hit"....it just managed to hang on long enough to get some faulty ideas about the character into the general consciousness.

I was just reading about that show....the TV producers wanted to make the Hulk red for a while! Oh my god...just how clueless were they? They called Banner "David" because they thought Bruce was "too gay sounding".

I can't take anything serious about that show.
I saw you the first time when you spoke of ratings...but that does not tell the entire story. The TV show has been in re-runs and spun of three more television movies since it was cancelled. If it didn't have a successful impact, then you'll have to explain your view.

Quote:
Whether it was good or not, it elevated Hulk to pop culture icon status, which he still clings onto today.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
People who compares Bixby as Banner with the cinematic counterparts usually forget the actor (every actor) in a tv series has a lot more time to show his character, to really develop it, and find the right balance of emotions and characteristics.
Even if it was judged by the original pilot movie alone...Bill Bixby blows both Bana and Norton away.

It took me years to realize that to date the original television movie is my favorite Hulk film.

Last edited by Gamma Ra; 03-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Closed Thread