The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Your Preferred Flash For This Movie (Regardless who it ends up being officially)
Jay Garrick 7 2.18%
Barry Allen 151 47.04%
Wally West 157 48.91%
Bart Allen 6 1.87%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #801
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Part 5 (of 5), Ideas for The Flash movie concluded:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
IN CLOSING...

The film ends with The Flash revered as a hero. Barry asks Iris out on a date, she agrees, and she tells him not to be late. Barry has every intention of showing up on time, and as he is in his apartment preparing for his evening date (in front of a MIRROR), his scanner goes off, the Central City PD is calling all units downtown for an emergency, a bank has been frozen. Barry looks at the clock. It looks like he's going to be a little late for his date after all, story of his life, but this time, its because he chooses to be, he's comfortable with himself. He turns to the camera, releases the costume from the ring, and THE FLASH races off. He runs with the Police cars, slowing down enough to see an officer who glares at him, The Flash waves, and then he picks up speed and passes the police cars and helicopters, runs up the side of buildings, speed jumps, and runs into the sunset. It's the story of his life, it's the life story of THE FLASH. End of movie.

As for who could play The Flash, I'd have to agree with fan favorite Ryan Gosling, who may not be your typical hollywood pretty boy, but he has one thing going for him most those other guys don't have - believability. You buy him as a "smart" person and can take him seriously. So if they don't cast Ryan or he does not want the part, hopefully they get someone else of that caliber/type actor. For a film score (everyone knows how much we fanboys love our movie tracks) I'd suggest David Arnold (Independence Day fellas), James Horner, Michael Giacchino, Randy Edelman, or Hans Zimmer (yeah, he did Batman and Pirates, but he also did Kung Fu Panda and Megamind, he has great range), any of these guys could provide a quality soundtrack.

^^ These are just some ideas of what they could do with The Flash movie. They aren't perfect, and many of them probably need rethinking, but I think it's a pretty good outline of what would make a good Flash film. I hope you liked them and would love to hear your thoughts. I know it's a long post, but a special thanks to everyone who read and stayed to the end. Now hopefully WB gets this running.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-12-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #802
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I even did an idea for how they could do the very first teaser trailer for the film (complete with pictures as well to help illustrate my points , warning: they are big):

Part 1 (of 2), Ideas for The Flash teaser trailer:

Quote:
Idea for a teaser trailer (Overview: a series of "Flash Facts" then a quick reveal of The Flash, briefly, just teasing the audience for what a ride this film will be), all wide screen shots (setting the stage for epicness):

Open with cheetah standing in a field, then running through it. We are amazed at its beauty and grace, but also its ferocity. It dashes by the camera. The screen goes black.

A caption comes up on it in white words:

"The Cheetah. 75 mph. Fastest land dwelling animal."

Next shot, a speedometer inside a car, sunlight blaring through the windshield, blinding us so not to see the exact speed it is going, just that the hand has went from the left side (presumably zero) to the right side completely. Then an outside shot of a high tech looking car speeding toward us at unbelievable speed. Camera shaking. Screen goes black again.

A caption reads:

"SSC Ultimate Aero. 257 mph. Fastest car in the world."

(or whatever the latest fastest car will be when the movie is released, I just chose this because I'm lazy, but you get the point)

The black fades out again to reveal a space shuttle, upright, launching from take off, flames and smoke billowing out from underneath, up into the sky. It is loud and bright and exciting, something mankind will always be in awe of. As the bottom of it leaves the top frame of the camera, the angle has changed where it's now flying toward us, leaving through the right side of the screen. Loud and impressive.

(yeah, I know it's not toward us and is actually going the opposite direction from which I described but...best I could find)

The screen fades to black again, a caption reads:

"Space Shuttle. 17,500 mph. Fastest man made object."

(or maybe it's not a Space Shuttle, but a shot of the Helios rocket that was sent to study the sun...? Want to be as accurate as possible)

By now the audience is wondering "okay, what the hell is this?"

And that's when we hit them with this...

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-12-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #803
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Part 2 (of 2), Ideas for The Flash teaser trailer (warning: large pictures):

Quote:
The words fade away and are replaced by a question:

"YOU THINK THAT'S FAST?"

...awesome music plays as we are introduced to...:

Cut out to reveal THE FLASH, headshot from behind, up close (it is evening, spring time, he is standing on top of a building roof, other taller buildings with cascading walls to his left and right that lead up to the sky out of the corner of the camera's POV, there's a somewhat rural area ahead with a road and trees, showing a path as if made for Flash to run, calling to him, implying this is a city but it's surrounded by country), camera pulling back from the side of his head (past the crimson red cowl and gold ear pieces with lightning finning off it flaring back, looking very shiny, reflective, and sharp), as he glances over his shoulder briefly for a look right into the camera, as if just realizing we were there. He smirks, revealing eyes that flash from a bold blue into golden electricity, quicker than it takes for us to process, then looks forward, purposed. The camera continues to pull back finally revealing a full body shot very briefly, now the camera has pulled back completely, the figure goes from standing into a loud BOOM, an explosion of light that blinds the camera. We regain focus less than a picosecond later only to see a wall of streams of red and gold lightning shooting off into the distance, it fades and trails off into the night behind him as the camera looks onward trying to find THE FLASH and figure out just what the hell happened along with the audience.

(Not the best image as far as the ear pieces go but it was the only one I could find of him close enough to the "big reveal" shot I was trying to describe)

(^^ Pretend a full body shot of Flash on a roof with his back turned toward the camera now stands toward the bottom right of the camera, looking over all this as the camera gradually rises up ^^)

(^^ and pretend that's a friendlier looking spring time image with a nice blue/green evening sky deserving of Central City filled with stars and the moon in the distance haha ^^)

Lightning then strikes through the screen, it goes black revealing the words:

"YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET."

THE FLASH LOGO then appears brifely....

....followed by:

"SUMMER 2015"

(or whatever the year the good Lord sees fit ta give us The Flash film. tee hee.)

And thus the appetite of the world has just been wet. ....For a movie like none other before.

Thoughts? I know it's not the greatest, but I thought just doing a little would be good like MOS and TDK teasers. Plus, the "Flash Facts" helps keep it grounded in "reality" a bit, I feel, and may help give non comic book audiences a jumping on/"comparison" point to help get them "hooked". The Flash is filled with pseudo science, always was, even more so than most of the other DC Comics, so I thought that was appropriate.

And to clear things up because of that awful headshot up there with the bad ear pieces, THIS is EXACTLY how Flash's head/ear pieces should look in the movie. JUST LIKE THIS:

They're sleek, they're shiny, they look sharp, like they'd cut you almost. Plus I love the lightning jumping off of him and crackling from his eyes in this picture. Perfect for film, IMHO. Make it so, WB.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-12-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #804
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Nice write-up, Kevin Smith. I don't have time to read all of it right now but I look forward to reading it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #805
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Nice write-up, Kevin Smith. I don't have time to read all of it right now but I look forward to reading it.
Thank you, my man. And take your time with it, it took me like 3 days to write it all. lol

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-06-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #806
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

anybody seen this manip? (There's your Nolanverse Flash)

Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #807
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post

anybody seen this manip? (There's your Nolanverse Flash)
I just saw that earlier, it's not bad.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #808
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

on the trailer idea. if you're going for a shared nolan/snyder verse, then never have the hero in costume until the last 4 seconds of the teaser.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #809
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Since a lot of people want Ryan Gosling as Barry Allen / The Flash, who should play Iris West?

Last edited by Project862006; 04-06-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #810
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
on the trailer idea. if you're going for a shared nolan/snyder verse, then never have the hero in costume until the last 4 seconds of the teaser.
I splurged and had him there at the last ten or so. haha

And I'm not 100% on Iris West yet, I used to want Rachel McAdams to play her, but that was before I was aware of The Notebook and that her and Gosling won't work together because they used to date and personal problems or whatever....plus The Notebook is a pretty well known movie and I wouldn't tread in familiar territory know what I mean?

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-07-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #811
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Charlie Hunnam's face and likeness is apparently being used for The Flash/Barry Allen in the Justice League film's concept art!

I know I've said Ryan Golsing, but he strikes me as a Gosling-esque actor and I think he'd be great for the part!

What do you guys think?

Don't know about you guys, but I see Barry Allen here!! And his eyes would look great in the red cowl, IMO! Sounds like WB's finally gettin' a good head on their shoulders with this!!!

Quote:

It is no secret that Warner Brothers and Legendary Pictures are pleased as punch with director Guillermo Del Toro and his film Pacific Rim. The overall impression from the few test screenings that have already occurred has been very positive. The studio is high on the film and have already commissioned a script for a sequel. They are also all about continuing to be in the Guillermo Del Toro business. The companies have already locked GDT down for another project, Crimson Peak, which is already scheduled to shoot early next year (circa February, tentatively) after he finishes up his Pacific Rim duties and gets the ball rolling on his TV show (The Strain) for FX. Looking even further into the future, WB already has him working on doing the oft-mentioned supernatural superhero team-up Dark Universe (aka Justice League Dark) for them and Legendary Pictures has expressed interest in producing his Gothic western Dumas adaptation Montecristo on down the line (and maybe even At the Mountains of Madness). For the moment, things are truly looking up for Guillermo again.

Another bromance to come out of the Pacific Rim production is that of GDT and star Charlie Hunnam. Del Toro has already cast him in a leading role in Crimson Peak as well and it isn’t too hard to picture him transferring Charlie over again to Dark Universe. After all, he’s a young blonde Brit whom is experienced at playing antiheroes and has a good relationship with the director. He has John Constantine written all over him and I’d be shocked if the thought wasn’t already on Guillermo’s mind.

It seems that Del Toro isn’t the only one with a new-found infatuation for the Sons of Anarchy actor, however. Warner Brothers may have their eyes on Hunnam as well. According to a trusted industry source of mine, the current rumor on the block is that Charlie Hunnam’s likeness is being used for conceptual art on a particular big WB project right now. The film? Justice League. It seems that in the current pieces being drawn up, Charlie is The Flash. Now before we get carried away, let’s take a step back and think about the possibilities here…

#1 – WB is already in discussions with the actor.

While possible, I find it highly unlikely that they would already be attempting to cast one of the “lesser” hero roles in their inevitable super friend flick before they have worked out what the hell they are doing with Batman yet. Honestly, it really depends on when the hell they want this film to hit theaters. 2016? 2017?
#2 – WB is high on the actor right now and are having the artists use his likeness to help sell him on this idea.

This one is a good bit likelier, especially if they want to make JL sooner rather than later.
#3 – An artist (or artists) on the conceptual team is a fan and simply using Charlie’s likeness in their work.

This seems likeliest to me, though the idea could also be coming from a producer or someone else involved.
So what do we take away from this? Firstly, that WB is more than pleased with their July monster vs. robot actioner and that enthusiasm is pushing them to take elements they love within it and move them on to other properties. Second? That they might want to get into the Charlie Hunnam business, especially since the upcoming season of Sons of Anarchy that hits this fall will reportedly be the next to last one. With Hunnam’s schedule conceivably wide open come late 2014, it’s not hard to imagine at least someone trying to hoist him into Hollywood full-time.

Will we see Charlie chain-smoking and chatting it up with Swamp Thing and Etrigan the Demon in Del Toro’s Dark Universe? Or will we see him zipping about in red alongside Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter? It is simply far too early to tell. Any number of things could happen between now and then…from Pacific Rim and/or Man of Steel underperforming to Hunnam taking up residence elsewhere? Only time will tell. That said, it’s nice to get a picture every once in awhile of where exactly Warner Brothers and DC’s collective heads are at when it comes to bringing characters other than Batman and Superman to the silver screen?
http://www.chud.com/132182/exclusive...ller-business/

Make it so, WB!

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-11-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #812
Rorschach2012
$

Charlie Hunnam is a GREAT choice for Flash. I suggested him for Flash a while ago, and then started putting him on my casting lists as Aquaman. But Flash would be great for him. Annnnd I suggested him for Constantine too! Figures he'd be on their radar after Pacific Rim.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #813
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Charlie Hunnam is a GREAT choice for Flash. I suggested him for Flash a while ago, and then started putting him on my casting lists as Aquaman. But Flash would be great for him. Annnnd I suggested him for Constantine too! Figures he'd be on their radar after Pacific Rim.
That is awesome, dude!!!

I want to see manips of him as The Flash. I think he'd be great. Right level of everything, IMO - seriousness, badassery, humor, look, etc.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #814
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

What!? Charlie Hunamm could be on WB's radar for the Flash!? That's freaking awesome!!

Old 04-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #815
Airwings
Waves of air

Now they just have to find the right director. The outcome depends on that.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #816
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

GA's love him, for those who know him from Sons of Anarchy.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #817
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

He'd be a solid choice

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #818
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

that's good news ya'll.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #819
Mondragon
Side-Kick

That's great, he looks like he would be a great Barry Allen , although pre-production concept art doesn't necessarily mean anything. They just need a look to conceptually build off.

WB's pre-production Green Lantern movie concept art used David Boreanaz and Carla Gugino as Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris.

Then casting went in a completely different direction.

Last edited by Mondragon; 04-11-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #820
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

That's awesome! But I think they'll stay with a young Hal.

I could definitely see the following men in the role:

-Jake Gyllenhaal

-Chris Pine

-Josh Duhamel

-Taylor Kitsch (He would actually be perfect for this role. The cockiness especially.)

Sorry I got off topic, just wanted to put out my GL two cents.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #821
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergeek232 View Post
That's awesome! But I think they'll stay with a young Hal.
Good for you, no one is suggesting Boreanaz for Hal now. They wouldn't use Boreanaz now (they didn't even use him then because he was probably to old).
The above Boreanaz as Green Lantern art is pre-production art from like 2008 while the first movie was in pre-production.
Do you not get that? Nobody but you is inferring Boreanaz now. [lol]

It's posted to show yeah it's a great sign, but the Charlie Hunnam in pre-production art now doesn't necessarily mean WB will cast him when the movie is finally made..

Last edited by Mondragon; 04-12-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #822
erehwon0
Side-Kick

I think the best way to see who fits the role would be if they can pull off wearing a lab coat without coming off as a hipster d****bag. Or some lab tech working on CSI Miami. Ha ha!

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #823
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I dunno, I liked Hunnam on Deadfall and look forward to watching him on Pacific Rim but he just seems too 'in your face' to pass as a scientist type! There is a reason he is cast as Aquaman and Green Arrow mostly! That said, I'd prolly go and watch if he was indeed cast.

I still want Gyllenhaal to do the role in the near future if Gosling is unavailable(and I really don't think he would be!).

Jessica Chastain as Iris Allen nee West.

Callan McAuliffe as Wally West

Olivia Thirlby as Patty Spivot

Dougray Scott as Heat Wave

Garret Dillahunt as Weather Wizard

Casey Affleck as Eobard Thawne/ Zoom

I choose these three villains as these three are in my view, the most "potentially realistic villains" of the Flash.
Treat Heat Wave like Firefly was treated in Arrow and Weather Wizard like the Weather dude in the "other" Avengers.

Directed by Pete Travis(Vantage Point, Dredd)

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 04-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #824
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

I could definitely see Jake Gyllenhaal as Barry! But who would go good with him as Iris?

Also, I like the suggestion for Callan as Wally West. Would be a great Kid Flash!

Old 04-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #825
Airwings
Waves of air

Jake Gyllenhaal will suit Hal Jordan more

Closed Thread