The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Your Preferred Flash For This Movie (Regardless who it ends up being officially)
Jay Garrick 7 2.18%
Barry Allen 151 47.04%
Wally West 157 48.91%
Bart Allen 6 1.87%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #826
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

I like Charlie Hunnam for the role Barry Allen. How about Kate Mara for Iris West?

P.S Should Flash's eyes be covered or uncovered in the film?

Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #827
TheComicbookKid
Coulda Woulda Shoulda

I person wearing goggles wouldn't look good when you need to be able to see all of the actor's expressions.

Like Batman's building attack at the end of The Dark Knight.

Constantly pulling the goggles off his head would get old, too.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #828
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

when are his eyes ever covered?

Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #829
Kevin Smith
Banned User

No goggles. That would be terrible. Again, you can't mess with The Flash's look, it's one of, if not the best designed costume of all time. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #830
MCU
Side-Kick

Chris Pine. Im not a huge Flash fan but I do like the character. Whenever I picture Flash I picture a young, funny "cool" kinda guy. So I think Chris Pine is a great choice. Like great. Bradley Cooper would be my second choice, but I would rather Pine.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #831
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
when are his eyes ever covered?

In the DCAU Fladh had white lenes covering his eyes like Batman. He also had them in the Young Justice cartoon.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #832
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
In the DCAU Fladh had white lenes covering his eyes like Batman. He also had them in the Young Justice cartoon.
That's just how they draw their eyes, dude, nobody ever said they were lenses. Just depends on the design they settle on, apparently The Flashes in those shows have very small eye holes in their suits, like Batman. Batman in "real life" or "live action" has pupils. We know they're NOT lenses because they shut when he blinks on the shows, same as Flash. If they were lenses they'd be mostly expressionless, like Spider-Man's. It would look so bad in live action (because it's not The Flash ), besides, real Flash fans know the significance of The Flash's eyes and why he wanted them exposed, there is a reason Barry Allen designed his suit that way in the comics..

Tired of these ****in' amateurs comin' in here wanting to change The Flash with their revisions and make him fit their view of him through their prism and go on what they think he is, not what he is. And the people that think Flash is "teh guy on Justice League Unlimited and he is really dumb and fun-neh!".

...when, while he does have a sense of humor, The Flash is NOT a joke and much, MUCH more than just his sense of humor and should not be played for laughs. That sucks, and really diminishes his awesome factor. The one time they actually did play him semi serious on the show everybody talks about; imagine how awesome he would have been if they'd have done that the whole time?

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-13-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #833
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

Barry's eyes are usually exposed in the books. Wally was the one who tended to have his eyes covered by the white slits - not always but usually.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #834
MCU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
That's just how they draw their eyes, dude, nobody ever said they were lenses. Just depends on the design they settle on, apparently The Flashes in those shows have very small eye holes in their suits, like Batman. Batman in "real life" or "live action" has pupils. We know they're NOT lenses because they shut when he blinks on the shows, same as Flash. If they were lenses they'd be mostly expressionless, like Spider-Man's. It would look so bad in live action (because it's not The Flash ), besides, real Flash fans know the significance of The Flash's eyes and why he wanted them exposed, there is a reason Barry Allen designed his suit that way in the comics..

Tired of these ****in' amateurs comin' in here wanting to change The Flash with their revisions and make him fit their view of him through their prism and go on what they think he is, not what he is. And the people that think Flash is "teh guy on Justice League Unlimited and he is really dumb and fun-neh!".

...when, while he does have a sense of humor, The Flash is NOT a joke and much, MUCH more than just his sense of humor and should not be played for laughs. That sucks, and really diminishes his awesome factor. The one time they actually did play him semi serious on the show everybody talks about - imagine how awesome he would have been if they'd have done that the whole time?
If ur talking about me sorry I got u upset lol. Like I said I like Flash, not trying to disrespect his character at all. Just when I see say an animated series the Flash is ussually pretty young looking and is always funny. He does have his serious moments to though of course. Thats why I think Chris Pine is a great choice. Cause hes a good actor that can be funny and serious, and he hes got the look of Flash down pack.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #835
Kevin Smith
Banned User

^^ Haha you're cool, man. It's more so some other posters I've come across, I was just blowing off steam.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-13-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:02 AM   #836
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Barry's eyes are usually exposed in the books. Wally was the one who tended to have his eyes covered by the white slits - not always but usually.
Yeah, he did have that "new look" thing for a while there in the early-mid 90s, but it was never specified whether they were lenses for sure or not IIRC, although I have seen Barry drawn with white eyes before too, it really just depends on the artist I think.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-13-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #837
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Jake G IMO is too short to play Barry. Plus he talks funny, like his mouth is full of sand all the time.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #838
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Too short? Do you know how tall Barry Allen is in the comics? Given that we have a 6'1" Superman, Gyllenhaal, if anything is too tall for Flash!

And I don't think he talks funny- he talks the way he needs to role by role-but I'll put that down to personal opinion.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #839
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
Good for you, no one is suggesting Boreanaz for Hal now. They wouldn't use Boreanaz now (they didn't even use him then because he was probably to old).
The above Boreanaz as Green Lantern art is pre-production art from like 2008 while the first movie was in pre-production.
Do you not get that? Nobody but you is inferring Boreanaz now. [lol]

It's posted to show yeah it's a great sign, but the Charlie Hunnam in pre-production art now doesn't necessarily mean WB will cast him when the movie is finally made..
Huh, while your probably right, Boreanz is too old to play Barry or Wally. . . what about Jay Garrick, or perhaps Max Mercury?

Old 04-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #840
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Too short? Do you know how tall Barry Allen is in the comics? Given that we have a 6'1" Superman, Gyllenhaal, if anything is too tall for Flash!

And I don't think he talks funny- he talks the way he needs to role by role-but I'll put that down to personal opinion.
No I don't know how tall Barry is in the comics, not like they bring it up much. But Superman is 6'2 in the comics (from a trading card I have) so he's my height. I have problems with these superheros played by manlets.

And Jake G's voice is weird as all heck, I couldn't make it through a whole movie of his.

Last edited by ChickenScratch; 04-13-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #841
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
No I don't know how tall Barry is in the comics, not like they bring it up much. But Superman is 6'2 in the comics (from a trading card I have) so he's my height. I have problems with these superheros played by manlets.

And Jake G's voice is weird as all heck, I couldn't make it through a whole movie of his.
Superman is 6' 4', Batman is 6' 2' (or 6' 1' I think), The Flash is 5' 11', sometimes 6'.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #842
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

supes is 6'3, bats 6'2, the flash 5'11, gl 6', wondy 6' (6'3 in heels)

I've seen jake gyllehaal he's not short at all. I'm 6' feet tall at best i might of had an inch on him. he had boots on i had chuck taylors.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #843
cabel
Side-Kick

Remind me, what is the name of the paper Iris works for?

Old 04-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #844
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabel View Post
Remind me, what is the name of the paper Iris works for?
Iris West was a tv reporter in the comics for Picture News IIRC, and the "paper" she worked for in one version was the Central City Citizen or something like that I believe.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #845
Powerman34
Side-Kick

Ladies and gentlemen...my choice for the new Flash...
Theo James from Golden Boy

Old 05-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #846
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Why has Tom Cruise never been suggested for Flash?

He's always running!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

jk of course

Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #847
Kevin Smith
Banned User

LOL ^^

Sad this is the only bump this thread's had in a while. Hahaha.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #848
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

You know the world is dark and lonely when Quicksilver appears in live-action before Flash .

Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #849
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
You know the world is dark and lonely when Quicksilver appears in live-action before Flash .

Old 05-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #850
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Whatever they do...I hope they make the costume as close to the comics as possible. Like Raimi's Spider-Man outfit.

IMO, the Flash outfit looks cheesy whenever they try to modernize it.

Closed Thread