Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 9

Supermario?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #52
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
That's how I read it and, to be fair, it has been one of the most oft ridiculed Superman staples for the average layperson over the years.

Snyder hasnt exactly said anything that is controversial or untrue.
Exactly. He's just not pussy footing around the obvious problems you're going to face when you try and make Superman fit into a trend of 'realism'.

I took it as - We're going to make the CHARACTER relatable and believable, and because of that people might be able to look past the things they usually mock (I.e the glasses).

But I might just be seeing the whole interview through rose tinted wishful thinking glasses...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #53
sf2
Side-Kick

the problems of the superman movies ain't on superman elements (ie the red briefs and glasses).

and u don't make a superman movie to please those who hate/mock about him.

- period -

for an example:-

spidey has the worst/ most stupid suit in reality. no man on earth will wear it in reality and goes to act as hero.

but you don't change it in the movie. spidey movies making millions and millions... sequels are coming.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #54
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

U R rong.

I've seen plenty of people at conventions wear the Spidey costume.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #55
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
but you don't change it in the movie. spidey movies making millions and millions... sequels are coming.
Its not all milk and honey for Amazing Spider-Man...

Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #56
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
To some degree you do. Your not trying to get an audience of ONLY comic book fans and alienate the casual viewer. And your not trying to get an audience of only casual viewers and alienate comic book fans... You're trying to find the middle ground.

I think that's fair. After all, movies are always going to try and be as successfull as possible.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #57
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
spidey has the worst/ most stupid suit in reality. no man on earth will wear it in reality and goes to act as hero.
I dunno. Spidey is very acrobatic. And in the real world, circus acrobats and gymnasts usually wear form-fitting outfits. They’re very practical. And as far as convincing disguises go, a full face mask probably beats a cowl or a domino mask or a pair of glasses.

Given that Spidey has to wear something, his iconic attire seems fairly "realistic" to me.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #58
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

^^ I agree and I think that aesthetically speaking, Spider-Man's costume is amazingly designed.

It does give him an insect like appearance.

*\S/T*
Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #59
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:
the problems of the superman movies ain't on superman elements (ie the red briefs and glasses).

- period -

for an example:-

You can't compare Spiderman to Superman. Even if Spiderman has a stupid suit as you say, he needs a spandex suit because he is flexible. There's really no point in making too many changes to the suit. In Spiderman's case, his outfit makes sense. Superman, however, is basically a bodybuilder bright blue spandex with bright red underwear over them. Of course it looks silly and he will be mocked because that outfit holds no purpose. You can try and make sense out of all you wish, but that suit in reality makes him look like a blue stripper. I'd choose Spiderman's suit over Superman's any day.

As far as the glasses are concerned, Superman does not need them because they serve no purpose other than to poorly hide his face. He's an alien. I'm sure there are tons of other ideas to hide his idenity. If the glasses actually did something special, then there would be no need to get rid of them, but that's not the case.

I still don't get why alot of hardcore Superman fans believe that such a huge change is being made to Superman all because he's been made fun of for years. The fact is that Superman has made no sense for so long and has failed to grow as a character other than making him more powerful than he should be. Superman's story is all over the place with few original ideas, but this movie is going take his history and make more sense of it. This movie will bring more depth to Superman's character and you can take from it what you will. No, you can't please everyone, but there is no reason to make a Superman movie if it's something that we have already seen over and over again in one way or another.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #60
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindreaper21 View Post
You can't compare Spiderman to Superman. Even if Spiderman has a stupid suit as you say, he needs a spandex suit because he is flexible. There's really no point in making too many changes to the suit. In Spiderman's case, his outfit makes sense. Superman, however, is basically a bodybuilder bright blue spandex with bright red underwear over them. Of course it looks silly and he will be mocked because that outfit holds no purpose. You can try and make sense out of all you wish, but that suit in reality makes him look like a blue stripper. I'd choose Spiderman's suit over Superman's any day.

As far as the glasses are concerned, Superman does not need them because they serve no purpose other than to poorly hide his face. He's an alien. I'm sure there are tons of other ideas to hide his idenity. If the glasses actually did something special, then there would be no need to get rid of them, but that's not the case.

I still don't get why alot of hardcore Superman fans believe that such a huge change is being made to Superman all because he's been made fun of for years. The fact is that Superman has made no sense for so long and has failed to grow as a character other than making him more powerful than he should be. Superman's story is all over the place with few original ideas, but this movie is going take his history and make more sense of it. This movie will bring more depth to Superman's character and you can take from it what you will. No, you can't please everyone, but there is no reason to make a Superman movie if it's something that we have already seen over and over again in one way or another.
Most of them do not yet realize that you don't get respect by changing what you are doing because somebody is making fun of you.

If you have to change something about what you do and love because someone makes a joke about it then they are controlling you, and you are being weak.

No matter how anyone changes Superman or a comic book character someone will always be able to make jokes about it, like anything or anyone can be made fun of.

Superman, and all comic book fans, need to stop being embarrassed to be fans.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #61
BruceWanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
Most of them do not yet realize that you don't get respect by changing what you are doing because somebody is making fun of you.

If you have to change something about what you do and love because someone makes a joke about it then they are controlling you, and you are being weak.

No matter how anyone changes Superman or a comic book character someone will always be able to make jokes about it, like anything or anyone can be made fun of.

Superman, and all comic book fans, need to stop being embarrassed to be fans.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #62
sf2
Side-Kick

The public / general audience r ok with superman elements. They accept them. I.m talking those mock/dislike him.
U will never please them.
They will still think the red boots r stupid. The glossy black hair is silly.
The S insignia is stupid.
The blue eyes r awful.
The complaint goes endless.
In the end, u make urself a fool.

N i never said it should only please those who love him.

I just say focus in the story n dont change the elements. Because those r what make superman superman.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #63
The Morningstar
Banned User

Why would anyone think the S-shield is stupid? Or his blue eyes? Or his glossy black hair?

No, it's the trunks on the outside of his pants. That's it. Why? Because they look silly and are an archaic design feature that belongs in the 1930s, not the 21st century.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #64
sf2
Side-Kick

To the replies on spidey suit. It works only in movie or comic.
Same to superman suit.
They will never work in reality
Spidey cant breath n eat! For godness sake!

Old 03-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #65
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Why would anyone think the S-shield is stupid? Or his blue eyes? Or his glossy black hair?

No, it's the trunks on the outside of his pants. That's it. Why? Because they look silly and are an archaic design feature that belongs in the 1930s, not the 21st century.
u never meet one who mock about superman? Yes they think the S insignia is stupid. So as to all the other elements.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #66
The Morningstar
Banned User

I've never, ever, ever seen anyone mock the Superman symbol/shield. Or his hair. Or his eyes. Or his cape. Or his boots.

It's only ever the trunks.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #67
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

In fairness, i've heard plenty of people mock other aspects of his suit. The tights. The 's'. The 's' curl on his forehead. The big red cape. The boots (especially in interpretations where they are actual boots and not just boot socks).

It's all fair game.

But that's not anything Superman specific. People make fun of all Superheroes, all costumes.

*\S/T*
Old 03-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #68
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Supermario?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #69
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post

*\S/T*
Old 03-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #70
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post

Quote:
u never meet one who mock about superman? Yes they think the S insignia is stupid. So as to all the other elements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
In fairness, i've heard plenty of people mock other aspects of his suit. The tights. The 's'. The 's' curl on his forehead. The big red cape. The boots (especially in interpretations where they are actual boots and not just boot socks).

It's all fair game.

But that's not anything Superman specific. People make fun of all Superheroes, all costumes.
Maybe to make Superman more "Modern" and less like a regular superhero, they should change his costume to resemble Star trek uniforms,

No Red Cape, No spit Curl, No Big shield, No red trunks etc.

(just joking, but if people really want to make such changes then it would just not be Superman.)

It will look like this -

*\S/T*
Old 03-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #71
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

^^^a.k.a. boring and bareft of imagination.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #72
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Hmmmm... only the sheild to go!

*\S/T*
Old 03-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #73
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Took photos of the Cold Light of Day Poster on the bus, sorry pics aren't the best my blackberry's rubbish

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #74
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

And to think, come next year, we may start seeing his picture on buses as Superman.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #75
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I haven't heard of that movie on the bus. Must google now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Closed Thread