SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Story.

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
protocida
Side-Kick

Default The Story.

Cosmic Book News revealed a series of Plot points about The Man of Steel, revealed to them by their insiders at Warner. It is unconfirmed if this is true, but it sounds good.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
  • Brainiac attacks Krypton after Jax-Ur destroys one of its moons during an experiment, and abducts the city of Kandor, which eventually leads to Krypton's destruction.
  • General Zod and Faora attempt to stop Brainiac, but fail and, for this, they are banished to the Phantom Zone alongside Jax-Ur.
  • Years later, they escape via a Phantom Zone Projector in Superman's spaceship and learn more about Earth.
  • Zod believes that the humans are destroying a perfect planet and decides to conquer Earth and turn it into a New Krypton, with him and Faora as the parents of a new Kryptonian bloodline.
  • Meanwhile, Jax-Ur is sent by Zod to advance Earth's technology alongside Lex Luthor, CEO of LexCorp.
  • General Sam Lane, Lois Lane's father, commands Earth's military forces against Zod's invasion. He hates aliens as much as Zod hates humans and believes Superman to be the same as them, so, he attacks Superman as well.
  • Brainiac is being introduced to be used as the main villain of a potential sequel. Revisions in the Script, however, appear to atribuet Krypton's destruction to Jax-Ur, leaving Brainiac's role in in unknow.
  • Ed Harris and Jeff Bridges are being looked at to play General Sam Lane.
  • Jon Hamm is being looked at to play Jor-El.
  • Adam Harris' audition impressed Zack Snyder and he'll be doing complementary tests with Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, in addition to be working out in order to make for a more physically intimidating Lex Luthor.
  • There is apparently two versions of the Script being worked on. Both are very action-packed, especially during the finale.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-superman-2012

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Has it been mentioned what other stories, besides "Birthright", are of influence to the film? Byrne's "Man of Steel"?

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: The Story. - Part 1

Goyer was pretty keen on the first chapter of Secret Origin, which he wrote the foreword to. I can only imagine he somehow rewrote and included it.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I imagine there'l be influences from Birthright, Secret Origin, Earth One and of course Byrne's Man of Steel.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

And perhaps Last Son? Zod and co wise at least.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Cosmic Book News revealed a series of Plot points about The Man of Steel, revealed to them by their insiders at Warner. It is unconfirmed if this is true, but it sounds good.

• Brainiac attacks Krypton after Jax-Ur destroys one of its moons during an experiment, and abducts the city of Kandor, which eventually leads to Krypton's destruction.
  • General Zod and Faora attempt to stop Brainiac, but fail and, for this, they are banished to the Phantom Zone alongside Jax-Ur.
  • Years later, they escape via a Phantom Zone Projector in Superman's spaceship and learn more about Earth.
  • Zod believes that the humans are destroying a perfect planet and decides to conquer Earth and turn it into a New Krypton, with him and Faora as the parents of a new Kryptonian bloodline.
  • Meanwhile, Jax-Ur is sent by Zod to advance Earth's technology alongside Lex Luthor, CEO of LexCorp.
  • General Sam Lane, Lois Lane's father, commands Earth's military forces against Zod's invasion. He hates aliens as much as Zod hates humans and believes Superman to be the same as them, so, he attacks Superman as well.
  • Brainiac is being introduced to be used as the main villain of a potential sequel. Revisions in the Script, however, appear to atribuet Krypton's destruction to Jax-Ur, leaving Brainiac's role in in unknow.
  • Adam Harris' audition impressed Zack Snyder and he'll be doing complementary tests with Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, in addition to be working out in order to make for a more physically intimidating Lex Luthor.
  • There is apparently two versions of the Script being worked on. Both are very action-packed, especially during the finale.

bogus

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
Octoberist
point blank

cosmic news is the worst.

Octoberist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:

Those links are from April 2011...

Why are you reposting this nonsense?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 03-20-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Cosmic news is so desparate to be credible that they post every possible "breaking news" story no matter how bogus or how illegitimate it sounds.

They also lurk here on the Hype forums for their news.

That should tell youo something.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

Sam Lane isn't even in MOS.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
protocida
Side-Kick

It's old.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
Swordmaster
Big Damn Hero

When Thread Manager does its thing, the first post of the last thread appears as the first post of the new thread.

Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #14
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I kind of hope that we get to see Clark learning how to fly for the first time on film here. I'm not talking about him having his first experienced where he levitated or defied gravity like in SR, I mean about him actually learning how to fly and his reaction to that ability upon unlocking it for the first time. I think it'd be a great thing to see.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #15
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
When Thread Manager does its thing, the first post of the last thread appears as the first post of the new thread.
Ooooooh

That makes sense.

*\S/T*
Old 03-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder!

I think I may have cracked why Jimmy isn't in this movie. Because Jimmy has ginger hair and so does Lois!

Nah. There's a story from the 50's, that shows Jimmy become a photographer at the Daily Planet because he wants to meet Superman and thinks Lois is his ticket to doing so.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think I may have cracked why Jimmy isn't in this movie. Because Jimmy has ginger hair and so does Lois!

Nah. There's a story from the 50's, that shows Jimmy become a photographer at the Daily Planet because he wants to meet Superman and thinks Lois is his ticket to doing so.
That'd be cool

*\S/T*
Old 03-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #18
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder!

It's either that or the ginger hair

That story does show how much guts Jimmy has to follow his dreams. He's quite an interesting character and if he does appear, I hope he isn't just brushed to the sidelines.

Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Old 03-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I kind of hope that we get to see Clark learning how to fly for the first time on film here. I'm not talking about him having his first experienced where he levitated or defied gravity like in SR, I mean about him actually learning how to fly and his reaction to that ability upon unlocking it for the first time. I think it'd be a great thing to see.
Tapping into most people's dream of flying using modern film making technology in a brand-new, live-action Superman film? Yes, please!

On the subject of Jimmy Olsen, I like that '50s comic story Rodrigo mentioned. That would be a cool way to introduce the character, instead of him being an assumed, pre-existing fixture at the Planet, as he often is. One thing that I liked about the Secret Origins story was that Superman and Jimmy both felt overwhelmed by life in the huge city (for different reasons, of course), bonded over that, and helped one another out because of it. This also helped the struggling Daily Planet re-establish itself, which was another nice aspect of Secret Origins that I wouldn't hate to see in the film.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder!

It would be awesome if Clark too Jimmy under his wing

Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Old 03-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #21
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

maybe Jimmy will be some random young photographer who Superman saves during an action sequence.........and that inspires Jimmy to join the DP.....

XEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder!

Would be cool if took a shot of Superman and sends it to the DP!

Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #23
conan69
Cimmerian

Nevermind

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #24
haikei_fw
Newbie First Class

I wonder if we'll see anything on it at C2E2 this weekend.

haikei_fw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by haikei_fw View Post
I wonder if we'll see anything on it at C2E2 this weekend.
What's C2E2?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote