3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #51
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: David O. Russell's Untitled ABSCAM Project (Bale/Cooper/Renner/Adams)

J.Law joining the cast is awesome news.

I'm guessing Amy's role is bigger than Jen's. Jen is going to be really busy I doubt she can fit in a lead role.

Typically they would cast someone like Jen as the mistress and someone like Amy as the wife but I like it when people play against type. I didn't care or think about Lawrence's age in Playbook, don't see why I should care about it in this film?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #52
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Default Re: David O. Russell's Untitled ABSCAM Project (Bale/Cooper/Renner/Adams)

When I first J.Law I thought you meant Jude Law.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #53
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
When I first J.Law I thought you meant Jude Law.
I understand why you would think that.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #54
Project862006
Banned User

now i want jude to be bale's wife

disappointed

Old 02-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #55
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Lawrence playing Bale's wife? That fact only would get me in the seat.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #56
kvz5
HBIC

Bruce Wayne marries Katniss Everdeen but is cheating with Lois Lane.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #57
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Bruce Wayne marries Katniss Everdeen but is cheating with Lois Lane.
Ahh I love being a nerd.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #58
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I find it funny that certain people were throwing a ****fit about the 9 year age difference between Cavill and Adams in MOS, but no one seems to take issue with Lawrence playing a love interest, or in this case, the spouse to actors 16 years her senior.

H.E.(R?)
Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #59
Bim
Side-Kick

I dunno... i just dont see them fitting well together. I like Lawrence and hopefully this works out, but i'm not all that thrilled with her playing Bale's wife. Feels odd for some reason i cant explain...

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #60
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I find it funny that certain people were throwing a ****fit about the 9 year age difference between Cavill and Adams in MOS, but no one seems to take issue with Lawrence playing a love interest, or in this case, the spouse to actors 16 years her senior.
You know why. It ain't politically correct but you know why.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #61
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I dunno... i just dont see them fitting well together. I like Lawrence and hopefully this works out, but i'm not all that thrilled with her playing Bale's wife. Feels odd for some reason i cant explain...
I'm of the same boat. Not to mention that the characters have a 12 year old kid in the script. Then again, Bale had a 14 year old wife in The New World. But still...

Old 03-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #62
kvz5
HBIC

Per Sony:

Limited Release - Dec 13
Wide Release - Dec 25

Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #63
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Might it be the 16 year age gap?

Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #64
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I know this post is old but I like it and want to respond.

People are sexist morons who are following the extreme patriarcal b.s from the past, that's why. It's ignorant and utterly disgusting to have a problem with Cavill and Adams age gap.

On the flip side I don't care about the age gap the other way around.

If you want to screw someone 8 or 16 years older or younger then you why should I care? Personally I'm 28 and I'm not attracted to 99% of men who are old enough to be my father but good for the ladies who do that, if they aren't doing it because of Daddy issues.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #65
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

They wants dat money.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #66
Octoberist
point blank

Why can't Sony just title this 'American BS'? It's like they're struggling with the title when it's an easy fix from the original and more vulgar 'American Bulls***"

Old 03-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #67
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I know this post is old but I like it and want to respond.

People are sexist morons who are following the extreme patriarcal b.s from the past, that's why. It's ignorant and utterly disgusting to have a problem with Cavill and Adams age gap.

On the flip side I don't care about the age gap the other way around.

If you want to screw someone 8 or 16 years older or younger then you why should I care? Personally I'm 28 and I'm not attracted to 99% of men who are old enough to be my father but good for the ladies who do that, if they aren't doing it because of Daddy issues.
I agree. It's totally one sided. But you have to think that 'geekdom' is a boy's club so you'll see a certain unbalanced look at things.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #68
mclay18
Side-Kick

I'm surprised Sony is going full-throttle on this... they must be hoping for a Silver Linings Playbook/The Fighter-sized reception for this. They haven't even started filming yet, and for a Christmas release? Russell will have to bunk down to get this done for Oscar season pronto.

Hmm... I wonder who's going to score this film?

"Come Think With Us."
Old 03-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #69
kvz5
HBIC

The filming started this week. There are already various sightings of the cast in Boston.

This and The Monuments Men appear to be following the same schedule. The shoot just started (will finish in May) and will be released in December by Sony.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #70
Liam_H
Side-Kick

For the over/under oscar nominations for this I'm gonna go with 7.

Spill

Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #71
kvz5
HBIC

I think/hope this is finally the movie that gives Amy her win. That's all I care for. Well, a Lead nod for Bale would be nice too.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 AM   #72
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I agree. It's totally one sided. But you have to think that 'geekdom' is a boy's club so you'll see a certain unbalanced look at things.
Not just geekdom, that idiot on Hollywood Elsewhere wrote a whole story about much older Adams was than Cavill. As if it were the worst thing in the world and had his sheeple lackies on the site's forums agreeing with him. Then again he was one of the creeps knocking Lawrence weight in the Hunger Games before sucking her toes after loving Silver Linings. I know it won't be popular but I'm going to call out double standards when I see them. I just can't not do it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I'm surprised Sony is going full-throttle on this... they must be hoping for a Silver Linings Playbook/The Fighter-sized reception for this. They haven't even started filming yet, and for a Christmas release? Russell will have to bunk down to get this done for Oscar season pronto.

Hmm... I wonder who's going to score this film?
It is fast but this movie if good sounds like it could be a bigger hit than Sliver Linings. Also I think it should just be named Abscam.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #73
kvz5
HBIC

Renner's hair will be the star of this show. Amy!

Old 03-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #74
Bim
Side-Kick

OMG

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #75
Octoberist
point blank

are they in character?

Closed Thread