Why devs are now flocking to the Vita.

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #327
Benstamania
Cool... But rude.

Default Re: Official PlayStation Vita Thread - Part 1

More inFAMOUS on Vita rumors.

If you watch Up At Noon, Greg Miller more or less got Nate to say that they've been working on a Vita game. Not real shocking if this rumor is true.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #328
Havok83
Side-Kick

Infamous is the game thats getting me to get a PS4 so early and Infamous could be the game that solidified a purchase of a Vita

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #329
Superhero 101
DESI

Man to have infamous on the vita would be grea.t vita really needs a open world game

Old 09-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #330
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
Man to have infamous on the vita would be grea.t vita really needs a open world game
there arent any? Thats crazy considering PSP had GTA like 7 months after launch and that was a huge title for it early on.

ETA: I guess AC3:L would count

Old 09-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #331
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Gravity Rush is a brilliant open world title on Vita.

But yeah, to have an Infamous Vita, perhaps a spin-off that followed on from Infamous 2's bad ending would be great.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #332
Superhero 101
DESI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

ETA: I guess AC3:L would count
LOL totally forgot about AC Liberation

Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 AM   #333
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sony Reveals New Hardware: PS Vita TV

Sony revealed a ton of stuff tonight at its pre-TGS press conference, but perhaps the biggest surprise (well, other than a PS Vita redesign) was the unveiling of an all-new piece of Vita-related hardware. It’s called PS Vita TV, and it lets you play Vita games on your television... and do a bunch of other stuff, too.

PS Vita TV is a tiny piece of hardware. It’s about as big as a deck of cards, measuring 6cm by 10cm. It’s the smallest PlayStation hardware ever.

The idea of PS Vita TV is to let you play Vita games on the big screen using a DualShock 3 controller, but there’s actually more to it than that. While PS Vita TV has a card slot for Vita games, and accepts Vita memory cards, it will also let you use video streaming services (such as Hulu) and more. It will even let you play your PlayStation 4 via Remote Play with DualShock 4; this functionality will come later via system update.

It will also let you play PSone Classics and PSP games through it, again using the DualShock 3. And it will connect to PlayStation 4 so that you can play Vita games through PS4, as well.
PS Vita TV launches in Japan on November 14th, and will cost 9,480 Yen ($95). A special verison of it, packing an 8 gig Vita memory card and a DualShock 3 controller, will cost 14,980 ($150). It sounds like it will eventually be released in the west, though a specific release date (as well as pricing information) is still unknown.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...are-ps-vita-tv

too bad they didn't just add video out to the Vita

Quote:
Sony Reveals A New PlayStation Vita Model

Today at Sony Japan’s pre-TGS press conference, the company revealed that it will be releasing an all-new model of PlayStation Vita.

This model was made to be “a more casual and easier to use model” of PS Vita, one that’s thinner, lighter, and that comes in different colors. It’s 20 percent thinner and 15 percent lighter than the standard Vita model, and is more “affordable,” packing a 5” LCD display in lieu of an OLED screen. Battery life has been increased by an hour, as well.

Interestingly, it also has built-in storage, albeit only a single gig’s worth.

Sony also revealed an all-new memory card for PS Vita, one that allows for up to 64 GB of storage.

This new model of PS Vita will be available in all six colors (some new, some old) on October 10th in Japan for 18,980 Yen (or about $190). It’s unclear if and when this model will be made available in the west.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...ion-vita-model

Last edited by Havok83; 09-09-2013 at 04:30 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:15 AM   #334
Benstamania
Cool... But rude.

Vita TV sounds awesome. Being able to play my ps4 anywhere? Sold.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #335
Two-Face
The White Knight

here's a video of it:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #336
Havok83
Side-Kick

its too bad they didn't fix the analog sticks I don't like them on the system

I remember someone on here predicting they'd switch to LCD over OLED. Looks like that person was right but that sounds like a downgrade. I wonder if the difference will be noticeable.

Im glad they added some onboard storage. That 1gb will be great for saves, music and probably a couple of small PSN titles

Old 09-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #337
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Well, that commerical is useless.

So, I'm kind of unclear with this Vita TV thing. Can you buy the thing with a DS3 controller and just play the Vita games or do you have to have a PS3 or PS4 to use it?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Kamiya
Is that IGN thing your god or something?
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #338
Havok83
Side-Kick

I dont think the PS3 or PS4 are required for the setup. Its purely a Vita thing and the console functionality is part of the Vita's remote play feature. That's why they are calling it Playstation Vita TV instead of just Playstation TV

I know the Vita got some underwhelming response since its been released but man Sony is been firing from all cylinders the past couple of months to push this in the months leading up to the PS4 release. TONS of announcements of news games, price drop, new model with new colors, this PS Vita TV accessory, showcasing PS4 remote play, etc.....hopefully things turn around for it bc it seems as if they are starting to do everything right and are giving the handheld a lot of support and love

Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #339
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

So you can just buy this and a DS3, and play Vita games. That's cool. But what about games that use the Vita touch screen? I'm guessing those won't work?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #340
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
So you can just buy this and a DS3, and play Vita games. That's cool. But what about games that use the Vita touch screen? I'm guessing those won't work?
You use the Vita as a controller in that case (well you have to). The way it appears, it will function like the PSP with video out except this requires a separate box for that. You could play the PSP on a tv using the PSP as the controller or a DS3. This is no different. The DS3 is just extra and will make using console games easier as it has 4 extra buttons (L2, L3, R2, R3) which would be more comfortable than the rear pad to emulate those

ETA: Hold up, maybe someone with a Vita can answer this. The analog sticks aren't also buttons are they?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #341
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

I'm talking about just getting the Vita TV. Am I misreading, do you need a Vita beforehand...?

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #342
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm talking about just getting the Vita TV. Am I misreading, do you need a Vita beforehand...?
Yes you need a Vita as this isn't a game console. Its only an outlet to connect the Vita to a TV. That's why its so inexpensive in comparison.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #343
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Oh well, psssft, whatevs.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #344
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Well then, what the **** is the point of this thing? Just to play Vita games on your TV? I thought you could do that with remote play. $100 just for that? It does that other stuff, too, but nothing that the PS3 doesn't do already or the PS4 won't.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #345
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

You don't need a Vita to play it. It'll take your Vita memory card/game cards but you don't need the actual system to play it.

That does, however, still leave that question mark on touch controls.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #346
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
You don't need a Vita to play it. It'll take your Vita memory card/game cards but you don't need the actual system to play it.

That does, however, still leave that question mark on touch controls.
really? Then I stand corrected.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #347
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Ah, okay. I was about to say, that went from being a really cool deal to a huge ****ing rip off if it was just an add-on. That's cool, though. I wonder how PSP games look on the bigger screen.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #348
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well then, what the **** is the point of this thing? Just to play Vita games on your TV? I thought you could do that with remote play. $100 just for that? It does that other stuff, too, but nothing that the PS3 doesn't do already or the PS4 won't.
No you can't. Remote play let's you play console games on the handheld, not the other way around

Quote:
Ah, okay. I was about to say, that went from being a really cool deal to a huge ****ing rip off if it was just an add-on. That's cool, though. I wonder how PSP games look on the bigger screen.
Like crap

Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #349
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
No you can't. Remote play let's you play console games on the handheld, not the other way around
Ah

Quote:
Like crap
Ah

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #350
Havok83
Side-Kick

I kind of feel Sony shot themselves in the foot here not requiring a Vita. Why get a Vita now when there's a device that's half the price and doesn't require one to play the games? Being handheld doesn't do it for me bc I'm rarely in a situation where I need gaming on the go. I was considering a Vita for when I go on vacation this holiday but something like this would allow me to travel with my PS4, PSN and Vita library and play games how I prefer, on a TV. I was like 80% leaning on getting a Vita but now reconsidering.