Side-Kick

Default Re: Official PlayStation Vita Thread - Part 1

Looks like we may FINALLY be getting the Slim over here

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #527
Havok83
Side-Kick

Theres a UK review up on Cnet. Here's what they had to say about the display for this still hating on it

Quote:
Display
The Vita Slim retains the 5-inch screen, but Sony has swapped the old Vita's OLED panel, in favour of an LCD one. Initially that raised alarm bells, as OLED panels typically provide stunningly rich colours. Hearing that it had been removed didn't sound like good news.

My fears were quickly allayed however, as the new LCD panel is actually rather good. It doesn't have quite the same deep saturation as its OLED cousin, but I found it to have a slightly warmer, more natural colour tone. I certainly won't say the new Vita's screen looks better -- but it's no worse, just different. The colour tone on the new panel is different, sure, but I had to look at test images and settings menus on both screens at once to tell the difference. When you're in the middle of a game, I almost guarantee you won't find the new Vita's screen lacking in any way.

Both screens share the same 960x544-pixel resolution, which is sufficient to make small text in games or when browsing the Web look sharp and clearly readable. Whacking in a Full HD display of the kind you'd get on Sony's recent Xperia Z1 smart phone might make things look more crisp, but it would also be much more demanding of both the processor and the battery. As it stands, the screen is more than adequate, and is a good compromise for overall performance.
http://reviews.cnet.com/consoles/son...-35827488.html

Old 02-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #528
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

I'll just stick with my OLED.

Quote:
New PS Vita Model Coming to North America
by Colin Moriarty FEBRUARY 10, 2014
SUBMIT TWEET SHARE +1 SHARE
Today, Sony revealed that the new PS Vita Model -- the so-called "Slim" design -- will be coming to North America this Spring. Additionally, a Borderlands 2 bundle will be available upon launch.

Little else is known about the new PS Vita Model when it comes to its North American launch, such as pricing or a specific release date. However, Sony did show-off the Borderlands 2 bundle's box. Presumably, PS Vita Slim will also be available on its own.

Developing...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...-north-america

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #529
Dave McFly
*wishes he was a spoon*

that was the reason why I tracked down the non slim model I am not a fan of them downgrading to a LCD although the 1 gb of built in memory is nice. I am quite happy with my fat Vita with the OLED

PSN ID: davemcfly85
Dave McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #530
Havok83
Side-Kick

Id rather a standalone console as I already own BL2 via Plus.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #531
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

This one does however come with all 6 DLC packs.

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #532
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

So we finally have some tangible details about the Vita version of Borderlands 2! Basically it doesn't look as good or run as well as the PS3 version, but overall it's not too bad considering they squeezed everything down to Vita size.

First, here is a 4 minute video of the game running at GDC:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Borderlands 2 on Vita: Rough Around the Edges
Quote:
It came as a surprise to find Borderlands 2ís PS Vita iteration at the PlayStation GDC booth, especially because Sony, 2K, and Gearbox have been so mum about it. Running on debug Vita hardware, Borderlands 2 looks the part Ė and is reportedly content complete with some DLC added in -- but itís definitely not on the same level as its console and PC counterparts. (It can, however, speak to the PS3 version of the game with Cross-Save.)

In the five minutes or so I spent with the game, running around a couple of areas while gunning down enemies, I was disappointed that Borderlands 2 isnít running better. Itís not a major surprise that there are some performance issues Ė PS Vita is powerful, but not as powerful as the PlayStation 3 Ė and I couldnít help but wonder if Sony and the studio responsible for the port, Iron Galaxy, are working on further optimization.

The game ran somewhat sluggishly, held back by a subpar framerate, and it even froze in place a couple of times for a second or two when there wasnít even that much action going on on-screen. In this regard, I hope that Borderlands 2 is further refined before itís released to the general public, because the performance issues are noticeable, and I suspect performance will only degrade further when thereís heated action going on all around you.
The game is cross-save, so you can use your same character. Trophies will also transfer between versions, so you will have two lists but any new trophy you earn will pop once you transfer the save.

It's not going to run as well as the console version, but I won't mind being able to level up and do some quests on the Vita.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:13 AM   #533
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

For a handheld port, it looks quite good imo.

That's very scary. I've never actually encountered Shia Labeouf before, but I hear that you should never stare him directly in the eyes. Otherwise he'll plagiarize, er, ah, take your appearance and ruin your life. Like a drunken doppelganger. In order to appease him you must offer him photos with his own signatures and a burrito.
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #534
Havok83
Side-Kick

Looks like Bioshock Vita isnt happening anymore

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...-bioshock-vita

Old 09-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #535
Superhero 101
DESI