The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #26
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

I've seen some "amped up" art that captures them fairly well.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8...0-nebezial.jpg

Old 03-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
Paroxysm
Banned User

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoral View Post
You know what bothers me about a lot of the art posted in the precursor to this thread? Most of it is just convoluted, amped up, 'roid freak versions of TMNT characters because that's what all the Red Bull swilling freaks are into.

Same with the attempts at "realistic" portrayals of the Turtles. Why? It takes away from the charm of them IMO.

They've always been jacked. lol

Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #28
camp Blood
For your health!

seriously

Old 03-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #29
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

lol, Camp Blood.

That's the best avvy I've seen in some time.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #30
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Not necessarily on topic, but Krang was talked about on 30 Rock tonight.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #31
camp Blood
For your health!

thanks. gearing up for the new season this sunday

Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #32
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Yes we need our own forum

Old 03-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #33
The /
Side-Kick

All of this talk of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Krang, Dimension X, etc. lately has me wanting to revisit the '87 cartoon. I haven't watched it since I was a kid. And I actually do have the first three DVD volumes of the show, so I guess it's time to crack them open and have a marathon. I'll be on memory lane for quite awhile, I'm sure.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #34
bullets
bang bang

I might get some of the early seasons. I had season five on dvd but traded it in. Not bad for a nostalgia trip but doesn't hold up as well , imo.
They actually released the 9th and final season not too long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp Blood View Post
i wonder if bay had registration to his forum turned off because people were criticizing him
He knew a wave of people would register to complain. It might of been a smart move on his part but the thread I saw seemed full of ass kissers. I couldn't stand it and I like Michael Bay. So I won't waste my time there.

Last edited by bullets; 03-23-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #35
Project862006
Banned User

ass kissers?

opposed to what

haters?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #36
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Usually the word "hater" burns a little. Just a smudge.

But compared to "brown noser" it's a flat out compliment.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #37
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
ass kissers?

opposed to what

haters?

You'd have to read through it. It's like the man can do no wrong over there and anything he says or does is pure gold. If you disagree with anything you'll be considered a hater. There needs to be some type of middle ground.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:16 AM   #38
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Doug Walker (That guy with the glasses) gives his view and I gotta say, he makes some damn good points

- Gene Wilder
Old 03-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #39
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

The original series is before my time so my turtles are the '03 version. I saw the original turtles in 'turtles forever' they come across a just plain silly. Also the original live action is rooted in the '80s and I think fans are looking at it through Rose tinted glasses. The tmnt characterisation and movement is far greater but admittedly the plot (for tmnt '07) is a little cheesy

Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #40
Marvin
Side-Kick

This property has it's high points and it's low points, as usual bay(even as producer) will make the property viable and popular again for a new generation only to have a lot of people claim it's the lowest point the property has ever seen.

go ninja go ninja go.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #41
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
This property has it's high points and it's low points, as usual bay(even as producer) will make the property viable and popular again for a new generation only to have a lot of people claim it's the lowest point the property has ever seen.

go ninja go ninja go.
As seen in Transformers, all it takes to make it "popular" again, is to throw in tons of hot women, racial stereotypes, bat***** insane people and of course explosions.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #42
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

go ninja go ninja go.
Popularity isn't everything.

I'd take a one, classic Transformers movie that I'm proud to show my kids, awakens my inner child, and extends my love for Transformers than have 5 loud, redundant and completely disposable movies that most people use as an example of Hollywood's greed and laziness.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #43
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
As seen in Transformers, all it takes to make it "popular" again, is to throw in tons of hot women, racial stereotypes, bat***** insane people and of course explosions.
If you think it's simply about hot chicks and explosions than that peaks my curiosity as to why every film with said aspect doesn't achieve the success it does. Moreover if you think it's the only film that has said aspects again wrong. I've brought up the Marvel films before as well as the James bond series and the list goes on and on. It's always amazing to see the blinder effect when it comes to this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Popularity isn't everything.

I'd take a one, classic Transformers movie that I'm proud to show my kids, awakens my inner child, and extends my love for Transformers than have 5 loud, redundant and completely disposable movies that most people use as an example of Hollywood's greed and laziness.
Everyone has there opinion, if the "majority" actually thought that, then the films wouldn't do as well as they do and will continue to do. Sure, sometimes films no one likes pass the 3 quarter bill mark but, with the exception of a mega padded franchise of star wars ilk, that usually doesn't happen. From fast five to inception to gi joe, I refuse to accept that returns are misleading.

As for all that talk of inner children. It's a great point to bring up that this series was always made by the youngsters and I'm sure if they all had the means to express how they feel about what's they think about the series it would be slightly different than they're cynical adult counterparts. Take this kid for example.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I'm sure if you ask him why the film is "popular" he will give just as cynical an answer and then compare it to the untouchable classics and see absolutely no value or substance in them.

If "most" people think that every aspect of the transformers productions are lazy, I'd hate to see what they think of the likes of 21 jump street(last I checked it had pot jokes and insane people and hot chicks. A concise and smart story is not all it takes to make a film not lazy.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #44
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
The original series is before my time so my turtles are the '03 version. I saw the original turtles in 'turtles forever' they come across a just plain silly. Also the original live action is rooted in the '80s and I think fans are looking at it through Rose tinted glasses. The tmnt characterisation and movement is far greater but admittedly the plot (for tmnt '07) is a little cheesy
Well, to be fair, you see everything through rose colored glasses when you're a child . Truth be told however, I really didn't find the' 03 turtles so drastically different from the original 1990 film or even the cartoon. I mean, its not like comparing Batman Robin to The Dark Knight.

Die hard TMNT fans may disagree ,but as someone without deep loyality to either version , I gotta say , there really isn't that great a difference beyond the loook and the times they were made in.

The guys have pretty much been the same since they appeared on TV in the 80's and i've yet to see any TV or movie version which has really done a 180 on the characters or tone. And to be fair to Bay, his description, aside from the alien idea, sounds pretty close to what the characters are so I doubt he's gonna do anything radical in terms of that aspect.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #45
Casius--J
Web Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by obin_gam View Post
Doug Walker (That guy with the glasses) gives his view and I gotta say, he makes some damn good points
Oh man that video was so funny, and you're right he made some good points which I didn't see before.

When I first heard the news about them being aliens I was like Not interested and I'm out!

Now that I've had time to calm down a little I feel a lot more open to giving it a chance. I want to see how everything comes along first before I make final judgements because basically I just love the Turtles, always have and always will so I want the best for them. However if I get the Transformers vibe I'll probably won't bother watching it until its on dvd or something.

I guess its just see how it goes, it could turn out good but right now I highly doubt it.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #46
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
love, love, LOVED the TMNT animated movie. absolutely love the set up of the tention between raph and leo and the pay off of the fight. the action is top class and I even liked the chessy plot of finding the 12 beasts. I love this far more than I liked the original live action movie but the turtles move and fight like I imagine them to move and fight

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

'THAT' is how I imagine the turtles to move and only the animated movie has given me what I want
I really liked that trailer. I thought this fan one was good...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #47
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Well, to be fair, you see everything through rose colored glasses when you're a child . Truth be told however, I really didn't find the' 03 turtles so drastically different from the original 1990 film or even the cartoon. I mean, its not like comparing Batman Robin to The Dark Knight.

Die hard TMNT fans may disagree ,but as someone without deep loyality to either version , I gotta say , there really isn't that great a difference beyond the loook and the times they were made in.

The guys have pretty much been the same since they appeared on TV in the 80's and i've yet to see any TV or movie version which has really done a 180 on the characters or tone. And to be fair to Bay, his description, aside from the alien idea, sounds pretty close to what the characters are so I doubt he's gonna do anything radical in terms of that aspect.
I do give credit to the original cartoon for the coloured masks, that is a good addition which the '03 version kept but thankfully they lost the lettered belt buckles.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #48
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Turtles Forever ftw. Though they made the 80s Turtles a bit too silly at times. They weren't like that all the time in the series. And I love the 1990 film, I even think it's underrated, doesn't have that genre-classic status it deserves.

Here is how I would rank the feature films of Turtles

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (4/5)
2. Turtles Forever (4/5)
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze (3/5)
4. TMNT (2/5)
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 (1/5)

Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #49
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Thinking of TMNT I was randomly talking to my friends about them and thought about the series in the 90s when there was a girl turtle from japan named Venus. Anyone else remember that show? Because my friends didn't believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 03-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #50
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

So, what he is doing is giving them Howard the Duck's origin?
It could be good, I dunno, it does open the scope for the stories.
I'm not any kind of TMNT fan though, I liked the cartoon show back in the day, and I even bought a bootleg copy of the 1st live action movie as soon as i could, liked it a lot, but it wasn't a franchise that I hooked onto in a way that was long term, so I guess I can't really judge how this change must feel to a true fan of the series, so I can sympathise with fans who are outraged.
But, I must admit to having some amusement at this turn of events, why? Because it is Micheal Bay, the guy who has the most hate posted about him on message boards like this. Of all the people to have talked about changing a world famous brand and invoking the ire of fans, it had to be him.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 03-23-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Closed Thread