The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #751
camp Blood
For your health!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

I kinda liked it but at least you get the reference

Old 04-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #752
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Watched TMNT 3 last night, I still like it

Old 04-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #753
Project862006
Banned User

anyone think Mikey and Raphael are limited due to their weapon of choice when it comes to combat

unlike donnie who has a staff he can knock guys out with and can do so much with it

and leo has his 2 swords

i hope they let raph use his hands and punch some guys with a more dirty style

and utilize Mikey with more speed

Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #754
camp Blood
For your health!

I know they won't but I would like to see raph stab the foot with his sai

Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #755
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I wouldn't mind stabbing, as long as it's non-lethal in most cases. Like shoulder stabs.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #756
camp Blood
For your health!

shoulder and leg stabs

maybe he can do a lethal one but simply for plot development

Old 04-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #757
CGHulk
Green Guy

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
Old 04-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #758
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sugar View Post
but it would get stale never changing the recipe. i will never get people who are against change by default.
I don't know, KFC hasn't changed their recipe in over 60 years, and they're still the #1 fried chicken franchise in North America. Sure, they've ADDED new things to the menue (extra crispy, extra spicy, grilled, etc) but they've never gone as far as Coca Cola did back in the 80's and change their entire recipe. I mean, look how badly that turned out for New Coke.

Bay's Ninja Turtles are gonna be New Coke Ninja Turtles. All Turtle fans would much rather a Vanilla Coke Ninja Turtles or an Extra Spicy Ninja Turtles. If you see where I'm going with this analogy.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #759
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
I don't know, KFC hasn't changed their recipe in over 60 years, and they're still the #1 fried chicken franchise in North America. Sure, they've ADDED new things to the menue (extra crispy, extra spicy, grilled, etc) but they've never gone as far as Coca Cola did back in the 80's and change their entire recipe. I mean, look how badly that turned out for New Coke.

Bay's Ninja Turtles are gonna be New Coke Ninja Turtles. All Turtle fans would much rather a Vanilla Coke Ninja Turtles or an Extra Spicy Ninja Turtles. If you see where I'm going with this analogy.

I don't see where you are going since as me personally I like change if it's good, I will never be against change by default. Man I wouldn't been able to love as many bands and movies as I do, which is my big passion. Change is neccesary. God it would be boring if every incarnation of TMNT would have been exactly like the original Mirage run. Then we wouldn't have the very fun, goofy loveable Turtles that most of us fell in love with from the beginning. I'm not saying everything should change 180 degrees everytime but some characters and worlds are worth more than one single take, that's why my most loved characters and franchises has gone through several different incarnations and versions and I can love more than one version/incarnation of it/them.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #760
camp Blood
For your health!

i'm for change if it isn't stupid

http://www.zazzle.com/toxicavenger/tshirts

Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #761
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp Blood View Post
i'm for change if it isn't stupid
How would you define "not stupid" in the realm of the Ninja Turtles?

Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #762
camp Blood
For your health!

Venus de Milo = stupid

a slight weapon change to give Donnie more combat effectiveness = not stupid

Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #763
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Hell No Changing Donnie Staff to some more "effective" would be Stupid...what makes a Staff Less "Effective"?

Someone who has Honed the Craft of Fighting with a staff is just as effective as someone with a "lethal" weapon...Making a Weapong Lethal doesn't make it more effective....Nunchucks are a prime example. Someone who mastered a sword would have difficulty with someone who has mastered the Chucks or Bowstaff

Old 04-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #764
camp Blood
For your health!

then I'll use another example

Venus de Milo= stupid

slight costume changes= not stupid

and the only reason I said the Donnie thing is that I'm not against giving him a zanbatou but if he has a reenforced bow that is fine

as long as a sword can't cut through it

Last edited by camp Blood; 04-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #765
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

That's better

Old 04-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #766
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
i'm for change if it is stupid
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 04-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #767
camp Blood
For your health!

yeah yeah keep the troll wagon moving

and it doesn't change the fact that a wooden bow isnt the strongest defense against a bladed weapon

Last edited by camp Blood; 04-08-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #768
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:

and it doesn't change the fact that a wooden bow isnt the strongest defense against a bladed weapon
Why are you so concerned about how hard Donnie's wood is?

It's not about the strength of his bo. He has that weapon for a reason. Depending on how someone uses their weapon, they can defeat someone with a stronger weapon. If you want to talk about the strength of his bo, there are some types of stong wood that can stop a blade... Some people may look at Donnie's weapon of choice and think "ha ha he has a stick", but they underestimate his skill and that's already part of how he defeats you. Another thing about Donnie is that he's a smart calculated fighter. So with that in mind, there is no need to change his weapon. Like I mentioned before, there can be metal on the ends of his bo, but nothing extreme because Donnie likes simplicity.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 04-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #769
camp Blood
For your health!

i dont underestimate his skill at all i personally think donnie equipped with a metal bo would be a devastating force

imagine if he had aerith's bo or something like this

Last edited by camp Blood; 04-08-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #770
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:

What the hell...so your saying since his Bow is Wood its automatically not as effective as a Blade?

Yes Because Master Martial Artists developed that form of weaponry to be easily defated by any bladed weapon

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 04-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #771
camp Blood
For your health!

i'm just saying after a few good blocks the bo will break its simple physics

but if you give him a aluminum bo staff he would be mean as hell

Old 04-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #772
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:
i dont underestimate his skill at all i personally think donnie equipped with a metal bo would be a devastating force

imagine if he had aerith's bo

Well in that case, why not give Mikey metal nunchucks?

Donnie's bo already has devistating force because of the power he puts into it. There's no reason to make it metal...Oh and I have to pass on that bo. It reminds me of American Gladiators.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 04-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #773
camp Blood
For your health!

ok fair enough but you dont have to be a d!ck about it

Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #774
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:
ok fair enough but you dont have to be a d!ck about it
Dude, calm down.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #775
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:
i'm just saying after a few good blocks the bo will break its simple physics

but if you give him a aluminum bo staff he would be mean as hell
I think your underestimating how strong Certain Woods Are

I'm not against a metal staff...I just understand the reasoning on keeping it wood

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Closed Thread