The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #876
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I'm getting sick of hearing Bay's Turtles movie. Noone ever said Bay's Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Bay's Nightmare on Elm Street just because this is an action movie, people need to put his name on it and hate on him.
I stand by saying he's a better producer than director.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #877
sweetre15
Positive Page

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
Kevin Eastman Spills some Beans on Ninja Turtles to OneRing.com

Here's the breakdown of the video:

inspired TMNT

30:00 - Star Wars influence on the backstory

47:25 - Discusses Nickelodeon's new animated show

51:15 - Describes his involvement with Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles

52:15 - Comments on fan's negative reaction to Bay's Alien race remarks, and defend Michael Bay as a filmmaker

1:01:30 - April O'Neil will NOT be a sixteen year old in Bay's Ninja Turtles

1:05:00 - The original live-action film bridged the gap of the black and white comic books and the cartoon show

1:07:55 - Kevin Eastman thinks Ken Watanabe would make a great Shredder

1:08:25 - He'd like to bring Ernie Reyes, Jr. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II) back for Bay's Ninja Turles as a Foot lieutenant.

1:31:00 - Possibility of motion capture Turtles like Rise of the Planet of the Apes

1:32:55 - Martial arts wise they are looking at Fist of Legend & The Raid: Redemption

Source:CBM http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=61882

Ok so...Fix the script, possibly get rid of Bay and we might have a dope film afterall lol

Old 06-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #878
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^So basically start from scratch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 06-18-2012, 01:59 AM   #879
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
^So basically start from scratch?
In sense..yes or just list the plot points in that script that do work and come up with elements that are truer to the TMNT media that can still mesh with said plot points.

So.....something like that

And it wouldn't hurt for Eastman to get Laird involved as well.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #880
Octoberist
point blank

It looks like the always reliable El May of Latino Review has gotten a hold of the script:

Quote:
Night folks. Going to read Appelbaum & Nemec's THE BLUE DOOR aka TMNT & see why Paramount shut it down.

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/214583675113832448

Old 06-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #881
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

most likley been posted but movie bob from the http://www.escapistmagazine.com has been posting this morning about the rumoured dropped script

Quote:
Bob Chipman ‏@the_moviebob

He may be talking about Bay's canned TMNT script, folks RT @elmayimbe: Skimming through Turtles, I see KRANG and THE TECHNODROME RT
Quote:
Bob Chipman ‏@the_moviebob

So apparently the now-aborted Michael Bat TMNT had Krang, Dimension X and Bebop & Rocksteady. I don't know what to think anymore.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #882
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Wow, Krang...Rocksteady and Bebop?!

Sheesh. If this script were to ever leak, I need to read this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
THe Raid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If they get anything like that in terms of fighting style then great
I know! That would be awesome.

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #883
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Superherohypes choices for the cast: http://www.superherohype.com/feature...-turtles-movie

To sum it up
Michael Pitt (Boardwalk Empire)=Leo
Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)= Raph
Zachary Quinto (Star Trek)= Don
Aaron Johnson (Kick Ass)= Mikey
Ken Wantabe (Inception)= Splinter

idk although I do like some of those actors, I think just having good voice actors doing the Turtle roles will suffice.
I mean with the Transformers films, and correct me if Im wrong, besides Hugo Weaving as Megatron and Leonard Nimoy as Sentinel Prime did they get any non voice actors for the MAJOR roles? And how I feel about the film withstanding, I thought the voice acting was good
I'd rather they get professional voice actors or at least live-action actors who have some experience.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #884
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
Kevin Eastman Spills some Beans on Ninja Turtles to OneRing.com
Here's the original site link since CBM is not allowed for some reason...

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012...ve-chat-today/

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #885
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
most likley been posted but movie bob from the http://www.escapistmagazine.com has been posting this morning about the rumoured dropped script
So from what's been said..... Krang, Dimension X, Technodrome, and Bebop & Rocksteady.

OK...now we need to know is there a planet full of turtles or is it still Alien ooze.lol

Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #886
sweetre15
Positive Page

If ya'll care to know more about the film get all your friends to start following El Mayimbe:

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/215661212103487488

Last edited by sweetre15; 06-20-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #887
Bug-Eyed Earl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
If ya'll care to know more about the film get all your friends to start following El Mayimbe:

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/215661212103487488
He's demanding nearly 7,000 more followers before he shares the scoop? The guy who gave the Transformers, GI Joe, and Greyskull scripts an A+? Falck this idiot.

I'm sure LR removed his Transformers script review because it was so embarassing, but I found it quoted here:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...97&postcount=2

Old 06-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #888
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug-eyed earl View Post
he's demanding nearly 7,000 more followers before he shares the scoop? The guy who gave the transformers, gi joe, and greyskull scripts an a+? Falck this idiot.

I'm sure lr removed his transformers script review because it was so embarassing, but i found it quoted here:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...97&postcount=2
lmfao

Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #889
project13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by project13 View Post
I might be flamed for this, but I'm glad the reboot's delayed. Hopefully they would drop the "Turtles are aliens" crap and find a different approach. I think what Bay (and Viacom) is trying to do is to make the new movie franchise more "sci-fi" than the old one, but they're going at it in the dumbest way possible.

Personally, I would have this:

The turles would have some "muta-gene" that is layed dormant (and inserted into their DNA by Baxter Stockman) and the "ooze" that created them would trigger said gene.

That idea is basically inspired by this article:

http://badassdigest.com/2012/05/03/t...spideys-origin

That way, the origin would be more or less the same and we would'nt have to worry about a major departure (ala alien Ninjas).
I recently read the IDW comics and they had the Turtles(and Master Splinter) studied for genetic engineering. Instead of them being aliens, I would have them being genetically altered and have the "ooze" trigger some dormant mutation within their DNA (ala Peter in "The Amazing Spider-Man" reboot).

Would you have this as a major origin departure or have them be an alien race (which is total bull****)?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #890
Matt312
Side-Kick

Say no to the alien race say yes to the ooze. Say no to "Ninja Turtles" say yes to Teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #891
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

I don't mind the title "Ninja Turtles," as it would set the film apart from the 1990 one, but the turtles themselves should be teenaged, and mutants.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #892
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt312 View Post
Say no to the alien race say yes to the ooze. Say no to "Ninja Turtles" say yes to Teenage mutant ninja turtles.
Agreed. I don't mind if the ooze is of alien origin, but the ninja turtles should be teenagers and mutants.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #893
Sasobek
Side-Kick

Has this possible synopsis of Ninja Turtles been discussed?

“After their planet’s destruction, four turtle-like alien warriors and their master come to Earth, where they join forces with reporter April O’Neil to prevent the extradimensional conqueror Krang from enslaving the human race.”

Old 07-08-2012, 02:33 AM   #894
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasobek View Post

“After their planet’s destruction, four turtle-like alien warriors and their master come to Earth, where they join forces with reporter April O’Neil to prevent the extradimensional conqueror Krang from enslaving the human race.”
I just died a little bit inside reading that.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #895
Sasobek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
I just died a little bit inside reading that.

I would be perfectly fine with the ooze being from an alien race, not the turtles.

But take it with a grain of salt, I sure am because I would flip **** if this was the general synopsis for the movie.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #896
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

I'd love for the ooze to be of alien origin. That's how the comic.

What I want to know is how are the Turtles' planet destroyed. Kraang? Shredder? Super computer?

Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #897
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasobek View Post

Good lord no..

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #898
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Its a good thing paramount shut down production due to the script

Old 07-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #899
Sasobek
Side-Kick

Well, delayed..

So hopefully some serious changes are happening to the script, unanimous fan outrage can not go unnoticed by the studio.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #900
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Yea when a film is "delayed" production is Shut down

Closed Thread