The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #901
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug-Eyed Earl View Post
He's demanding nearly 7,000 more followers before he shares the scoop? The guy who gave the Transformers, GI Joe, and Greyskull scripts an A+? Falck this idiot.

I'm sure LR removed his Transformers script review because it was so embarassing, but I found it quoted here:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...97&postcount=2
Can't stand El Mayimbe. Wants me to follow his freaking Twitter to get a scoop? No way, not after the way he gushed over voltron, greyskull, and STREET FIGHTER: LEGEND OF CHUN-LI. Dude can't be trusted.

- CM Punk
Old 07-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #902
sweetre15
Positive Page

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Can't stand El Mayimbe. Wants me to follow his freaking Twitter to get a scoop? No way, not after the way he gushed over voltron, greyskull, and STREET FIGHTER: LEGEND OF CHUN-LI. Dude can't be trusted.
Regardless of his silly opinions, I just kinda want to hear what's in the script. Basically is there anything relating to a "home planet" for Splinter and the Turtles... so I can know whether or not what Bay said was the way he meant it or not.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #903
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Well the movie is shuttered for now so I could care less. Not going to follow that dude's Twitter to get the scoop on a script that could very well be irrelevant at this point.

- CM Punk
Old 07-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #904
bullets
bang bang

It could be a page one rewrite for all we know.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #905
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://collider.com/kevin-eastman-te...reboot/181464/

Quote:
Co-Creator Kevin Eastman Says Jonathan Liebesman’s NINJA TURTLES Reboot Is Easily the Best One Yet

by Adam Chitwood Posted:July 17th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

The upcoming Michael Bay-produced reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has brushed up quite a bit of passionate discussion regarding the finer points of turtle mutation, but the comic book series co-creator Kevin Eastman is put those reservations at bay (pun intended). Though Bay’s comments about the Turtles coming from an alien race in this new iteration got many a Ninja Turtles fans’ undergarments in a twist, director Jonathan Liebesman shot back that whatever changes they were making to the source material were coming from Eastman himself:
“Whatever mythology we’re building on or expanding is coming from that guy, Kevin Eastman’s head, who created the Turtles in the first place. And so everything will tie in with the mythology; fans will be extremely excited with what we’re coming up with.”
Now Eastman himself has spoken a bit about the property, confidently proclaiming that Ninja Turtles is the best adaptation of the comics yet, despite its glaring lack of Vanilla Ice. Hit the jump for more from Eastman.

The latest word on the development of the Ninja Turtles reboot came last month, when Paramount decided to delay the project in order to address script issues. The release was pushed back from December 2013 to May 2014, but who knows if it’ll even make that date when all is said and done. Nevertheless, Eastman seems extremely optimistic about the film, comparing it to a couple of recent success in its fighting style and visual effects angle during an interview with MTV:
“From what I’ve seen, it’s easily the best Turtle movie yet. We’re talking Raid: Redemption-style fight scenes; we’re talking about epic Rise of the Planet of the Apes sort of effects.”

Eastman went on to address the changes made to his source material, saying he has no problem with people wanting to put their own stamp on the characters:
“I know that Michael and his group really like [the changes] and that Paramount was supportive of that, so I think that it’s great. I grew up reading Captain America and The Avengers and all that stuff, and over the course of the comic book history, since Avengers has been around, how many times has it been reinvented, reformatted, restructured, replatformed?”
As I said, development has been stalled for the time being, so depending on how long it takes the writers to get the script into tip-top shape, it may be a while until we see the reboot on the big screen. For now, die-hard fans of the comic books can take or leave Eastman’s comments concerning the changes being made to the source material. Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #906
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Meh. Sounds like he's full of himself.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #907
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

The best one yet? I call bull on that.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #908
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
Total agreement.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #909
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

I enjoyed all 4 TMNT films, even the 3rd one.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #910
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Those probs aren't his fault.

He probably was able to read early versions of those scripts.

I.E. The versions the pre-date the studios' tampering.

Other examples of this is The Amazing Spider-Man (though not for the worse nor the best) and, of course, X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #911
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he just means the best Turtles movie yet.

I love the first four Turtles movies and Turtles Forever (made for TV movie), but they wouldn't be hard to overcome with a nice sized budget.

Last edited by natey2k4; 07-19-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #912
Chrisbarnes182
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
I enjoyed all 4 TMNT films, even the 3rd one.
4?

This is bad of me but I only thought there was 3.

The 1st one with Shredder,
The 2nd one with Vanilla Ice
And the Third one with the back in time stuff?

Anyone care to enlighten me cause I did quite like the 1st 2.

To be fair I wasn't the biggest turtle fan, well IO was when I was really young but as soon as I got to like 8 or 9 I found Terminator and that was that

Old 07-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #913
sweetre15
Positive Page

LOL! elmayimbe called me a pain in the ass on twitter when I asked how soon can we expect that review since he know has over 10k followers:

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/228614464730189824

Atleast I got an answer out of him...

Old 07-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #914
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbarnes182 View Post
4?

This is bad of me but I only thought there was 3.

The 1st one with Shredder,
The 2nd one with Vanilla Ice
And the Third one with the back in time stuff?

Anyone care to enlighten me cause I did quite like the 1st 2.

To be fair I wasn't the biggest turtle fan, well IO was when I was really young but as soon as I got to like 8 or 9 I found Terminator and that was that
they made a CGI tutle movie called "TMNT" that funnily enough also starred the guy in the smilie you posted lol

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #915
Chrisbarnes182
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
they made a CGI tutle movie called "TMNT" that funnily enough also starred the guy in the smilie you posted lol
Ha what are the chances in that lol. May have to check it out.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #916
Chrisbarnes182
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbarnes182 View Post
Ha what are the chances in that lol. May have to check it out.
In fact i did know this and i have seen it. some how wiped completely from my memory. random

Old 07-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #917
Bug-Eyed Earl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Those probs aren't his fault.

He probably was able to read early versions of those scripts.

I.E. The versions the pre-date the studios' tampering.

Other examples of this is The Amazing Spider-Man (though not for the worse nor the best) and, of course, X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
There's the fact that he writes and talks like an imbecile, which is a sign he might like stupid crap. And the fact he offered to sell me the Transformers script when I asked him a question about it way back when he first reviewed it, and it leaked soon after. Guess someone took him up on his offer. The same thing happened with all of the other scripts mentioned- he wrote about them and not long after it seems like everyone had them. And there have been a couple of times he mentioned the date on the script he reviewed and the date matched with the leaked script that turned out to be so terrible.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #918
sweetre15
Positive Page

Kevin Eastman talks more about why TMNT got Delayed here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=40291

Old 08-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #919
sweetre15
Positive Page

Here are the tidbits from the article regarding the film:

Despite the online controversy, Eastman remains firmly in support of the upcoming Turtles live-action movie produced by Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes. "I talked to [producer] Scott Mednick yesterday, and he's seen the most recent 50 [script] pages and said it's as good as the last version -- they've really knocked it out of the park,"

Eastman said. "I've seen a chunk of it, and it's going to be a great movie, despite what everybody thinks."

As for the studio pushing back the film's release date to 2014, Eastman states there were good reasons for it.

"Essentially they pushed it back for two reasons: One is the director, Jonathan Liebesman, wanted to make sure he could do the effects to the level he wants them at, and the fight scenes to the way they should be.

Also, their release date is almost exactly on the 30th [TMNT] anniversary. May 5, 1984 is when the first Turtles comic came out. May 16, 2014, is almost exactly 30 years after. So basically it's an anniversary movie now."

Eastman is busy working closely with Liebesman, Mednick and writers Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec.

"Doing sketches, drawings and character designs, bouncing stuff around with the writers, talking with the director and the producers -- I'm actively involved," he said. As with all of the Turtles projects going on right now, he assures fans they have nothing to worry about.

"When you see what Ciro's done with the TV series, and obviously what the fans have seen us do with the IDW series, what they're doing with the movie is creating its own story, but it has to be true to the source material or we'll get f-cking murdered. To be blunt."

Last edited by sweetre15; 08-09-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #920
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Hi, Im a big Turtles fan and Im just noticing there is a TMNT forum here.
Reading all of this makes me excited/nervous. I REALLY want this film to be good but there is so much talk about the delays and scripts that makes me nervous.
I think they're holding for the new tv show. Once the tv show is out and if it gets a good reception then we're gonna hear about this film moving forward.
We should be hearing the good news by January and we should have a teaser by december 2013.

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 08-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #921
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Yeah, he can say that when it hits theaters.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #922
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

That script definitely has potential to be really great..... But even that script couldn't touch with the first.... I gotta say though those fight scenes rely sound like they could be incredible.... I must say I like how they used the turtles shells

Old 08-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #923
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Are you talking about the script thats mentioned in the other thread?

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 08-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #924
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
That script definitely has potential to be really great..... But even that script couldn't touch with the first.... I gotta say though those fight scenes rely sound like they could be incredible.... I must say I like how they used the turtles shells
look i'm not trying to start a fight but can you explain what there is that has potential, because truthfully all is see in the reviews of that script is a bland boring retelling of the transformers plot only with turtles instead of robots

seriously 99% of the characters get completely rewritten and destroyed compared to the any of the souces

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #925
MrGreen
Side-Kick

If that script is real then I hope this doesnt get made

"Use the source, Luke!"
Closed Thread