The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #101
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
As for bays words on their origin, I think he probably hit the nail on the head. And here's my soon to be confirmed prediction. The director is from South Africa, District 9 is huge there and within that story we are presented with a similar and 100% believable premise of mutation. A terrestrial creature is exposed to an unstable extra terrestrial substance and over the course of a short time his genetic and perhaps atomic make up is shifted over to an entirely new form. This form can be considered a mutation however because he was not born this way ala xmen but rather exposed ala spiderman(not a mutant) so that may not be the correct definition. What is apparent is that by the end of the transformation he has the genetic make up of an "ALIEN(race)." If someone gave me a shot of Kryptonian blood and a week later I was pretty much superman, I wouldn't call myself a mutant. Not a full Kryptonian either, but if my genetic make up was 100% alien at that point.... If this isn't close to what they are considering I'll eat my shorts.
That's just the normal origin then. Haha

Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #102
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Quote:
What's interesting as always is the FanBoy element. It's almost fun to them. This videos, analogies to rapping little kids and requests for petitions whist there are real problems in the world worth petitions.

good on you.
What's even better is people who sit around on comic book message boards and complain about fanboys.

Y'know, while there are real problems in the world worth complaining about.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #103
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
1)

Plenty of people took a wait and see attitude. It's guys like you and roach who were ranting about the fanboys lamenting their raped childhoods when barely anyone on this board said anything of the sort.
I didn't label the group of people who hated the idea as lamenting their raped childhoods...I called out people who made the claim and equally dumb statements...like comparing Bay to Hitler

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #104
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
That's just the normal origin then. Haha
Ergo why the outrage is =
as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
What's even better is people who sit around on comic book message boards and complain about fanboys.

Y'know, while there are real problems in the world worth complaining about.
yea, but there is no such thing as rage about nerd rage lol.
It really is the rage bit that off putting. Moreover, complaining about such things is one thing but petitions is where I start to wonder.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #105
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Ergo why the outrage is =
as usual.
As someone who was a bit disappointed (I wouldn't say I was outraged) at the initial Bay quote, I wouldn't say the fan anger and apprehension was unwarranted, considering Bay's track record as quality is concerned. Obviously some went overboard, but they aren't people worth speaking about.

On the same token, Bay brought this on himself with his trolling remarks. And I'm sure he wanted it to turn out this way.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #106
bigmac2011
Side-Kick

Bay destroying yet another hunk of my childhood????? http://theworldofrossology.tk/oh-***...-cant-be-good/ ...... I wonder what it would be like to have had another director at the helm of this or even his Transformers movies...... http://theworldofrossology.tk/call-it-curiousity/

Old 03-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #107
Project862006
Banned User

bay is'nt directing it lol

take your rage down a notch lol

Old 03-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #108
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
As someone who was a bit disappointed (I wouldn't say I was outraged) at the initial Bay quote, I wouldn't say the fan anger and apprehension was unwarranted, considering Bay's track record as quality is concerned. Obviously some went overboard, but they aren't people worth speaking about.

On the same token, Bay brought this on himself with his trolling remarks. And I'm sure he wanted it to turn out this way.
No offense to Marvin but...

I think that's the problem with the Internet in general: Topics become the usual 'Us vs. Them' after it goes viral and unfortunately, overboard. Usually there are great constructive arguments initially (and from both sides) that always grows out of control.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #109
Octoberist
point blank

That being said, I hope Liesbman and Eastman (man, man) somewhat follow the new IDW series that Kevin penned.

I don't mind if the Foot takes a back seat for the time being because frankly I don't mind seeing Krang, his rock soldiers, and perhaps...alluding to Bebop and Rocksteady!

Old 03-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #110
sweetre15
Positive Page

If Liebesman's insinuation of Bay's statement's being wrong proves correct then from now on, I'm at the very least in favor of Bay keeping his mouth shut LOL.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #111
Octoberist
point blank

Bay seems like a guy who is out of his element when it comes to geek things. Like his interns have to hand him notes or something. Do you really think Bay grew up with Transformers or TMNT? No way.

Otherwise, he comes off as a text book 'old guy' who would sprout out 'You kids plain' them computer games?'

Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #112
Project862006
Banned User

bay reminds me of a 90's dated frat boy

Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #113
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
I like the idea that perhaps the ooze itself is of alien origin. That I could live with.
Lol that is the turtles original origin

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #114
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
bay reminds me of a 90's dated frat boy
Kinda.

Or like how 21 Jump St pointed out that nerds are the cool kids now (and the new modern bullies). Not in Bay's world!

Old 03-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #115
Marvin
Side-Kick

No offense taken.
I'm just glad the actual director is finally being mentioned here and there. But like I said now that positive news is about people need to find someone to attribute it too.

Bay like every filmmaker out has an element they feel comfortable with. I don't see Nolan making a believable urban dance film any time soon. Bruckheimer would be another such character. Which is why I would have much preferred Del Torro or even a Justin Lin on this.

Atleast with TF bay was knee deep in production/devopment meetings where here he's just the producer. Which in in Todays world means very little involvement other than to bring a name.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #116
Octoberist
point blank

Yeah, I'm glad that Jonathan is stepping up. That and forgot that he has press to do since 'Wrath of the Titans' is coming up. Perfect timing on Bay's part!

I saw of the clips from 'Wrath' and I take back what I said about the shaky camera. It's very present and very tight, and I hope Jonathan grows out of it. Design-wise, I liked the creature design from 'Wrath'. As long as the Turtles don't have beaks, I'm cool with him.

Last edited by Octoberist; 03-23-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #117
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
That being said, I hope Liesbman and Eastman (man, man) somewhat follow the new IDW series that Kevin penned.
It could go either way. Both the IDW run and the original comics have the ooze as an extraterrestrial origin. The newer one has Krang directly involved, while the original has the Utroms which are obviously the inspiration for Krang.

Considering the new comics are fresher in his head, I'd imagine we'll get something closer to it, but with a touch of the original.

Quote:
I don't mind if the Foot takes a back seat for the time being because frankly I don't mind seeing Krang, his rock soldiers, and perhaps...alluding to Bebop and Rocksteady!
Bebop/Rocksteady aren't really main villain material, though. They're super human lackeys, not the leaders. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing them, but not as a main villain.

My hope?

Movie 1: Krang/Rock Soldiers with Baxter Stockman as a supporting villain

Movie 2: The Foot make their presence felt, Shredder defeats the turtles in combat, almost killing Leo and forcing the Turtles/Splinter/April/Casey to retreat to the farm

Movie 3: The Turtles train and refind themselves on the farm, and return to New York, wiping out The Foot and killing Shredder.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #118
Octoberist
point blank

What I meant by alluding to the mutant Rocksteady and Bebop is: Them as hired thugs.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #119
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
What I meant by alluding to the mutant Rocksteady and Bebop is: Them as hired thugs.
Oh yea. Very much like IDW then.

I just hope they don't try to stuff too much in here. If they're going to do Krang, don't try to stuff Shredder into the movie as well.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #120
B.A. Baracus
Side-Kick

Has it been mentioned if we are still getting actual rubber suits and a CGI head? or if the turtles will be wholly CGI.

Go on check it out, its only a minute and a half.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #121
Octoberist
point blank

Liesbman hasn't confirmed anything but with the interview he did with Collider, he didn't spell it out but said that he admired the work done in 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'. Kinda like a 'wink wink' hinting.

If they are able to get WETA or ILM, then awesome. If not, don't bother.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #122
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Liebesman hinted that they'll be using full on mo cap in the vein of the new Planet of the Apes film.

Lets just hope they can also get WETA on board as well.

Quote:
Liesbman hasn't confirmed anything but with the interview he did with Collider, he didn't spell it out but said that he admired the work done in 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'. Kinda like a 'wink wink' hinting.

This.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #123
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
He also said he's amazed at the resources Paramount is throwing at this, and they aren't pulling any punches. I think we'll see one of them doing the job. I really hope it's WETA, though.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #124
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
He also said he's amazed at the resources Paramount is throwing at this, and they aren't pulling any punches. I think we'll see one of them doing the job. I really hope it's WETA, though.
Well seeing as Bay has an amazing relationship with ILM I wouldn't be all that surprised if they go with them also. Then again I have a feeling they'll get a lot of big VFX houses on this project. Digital Domain seems like another given also based on their history with Bay.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #125
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Well seeing as Bay has an amazing relationship with ILM I wouldn't be all that surprised if they go with them also. Then again I have a feeling they'll get a lot of big VFX houses on this project.
I love ILM, but no one does performance capture like WETA. Really hoping they do this.

Closed Thread