The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #251
Brawl
Side-Kick
 
Brawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 370
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Those are my top 4 as well, they could introduce Ant-Man and Wasp in A2 then bring in Black Panther and Vision for A3.
Ant-Man and Wasp are decent but on screen I think both powers would be redundant. Hank-Pym just doing science would also be redundant because of the way Banner and Tony are being used. I think Vision would be great as we already saw him in Cap 1. I think he would need little background and the powers on screen would be awesome. I also think for the awesome look of Giant-Man would be a much better suit for the big screen. Imagine GM stomping around buildings in NY grabbing dudes and slamming against cars. Also to avuid alot of history and background time use Bill Foster as GM you can avoid tweaking cannon issues alot easier with him.


Brawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #252
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,665
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
Ant-Man and Wasp are decent but on screen I think both powers would be redundant. Hank-Pym just doing science would also be redundant because of the way Banner and Tony are being used. I think Vision would be great as we already saw him in Cap 1. I think he would need little background and the powers on screen would be awesome. I also think for the awesome look of Giant-Man would be a much better suit for the big screen. Imagine GM stomping around buildings in NY grabbing dudes and slamming against cars. Also to avuid alot of history and background time use Bill Foster as GM you can avoid tweaking cannon issues alot easier with him.

You've still got lots of "canon issues" and backstory to address with Bill Foster; any way you slice it, the road to Giant-Man (whoever that may be) goes directly through Hank Pym.

It's simple: Hank Pym needs to be Giant-Man. Scott Lang needs to be Ant-Man. Janet Van Dyne needs to be there as Wasp. Then you've got the whole Mommy-Daddy-Rotten Kid trinity of Hank, Janet & Ultron, with his homicidal Oedipus complex. Which paves the way for Vision (and maybe Jocasta, further out).

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #253
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 23,841
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I think people miss the point of Hank Pym as a scientist. His like a mad scientist he thinks out side of the box and comes up with unique technology that Tony Stark or Bruce Banner wouldn't.

Like when Pym suggersts the Thunderbolts use Man-Thing as a teleporter and has his Mighty Avengers The Infinite Avengers Mansion as a teleporter instead of just building a teleporting device or machine like Tony would.

Pym is more like Reed Richards in that respect.

__________________
King Of Strong Style

Last edited by chamber-music; 06-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #254
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,594
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

The biggest hindrance to She-Hulk (not that I find it a hindrance personally) is her name, or rather the Hulk part of it. That's why ignorant people tend to simply assume she's a cheap knock off. If she weren't burdened with the name She-Hulk but had a different name (not that I would want it that way), she would be virtually a different character. Yes, she's green and strong, but there are other characters who are green and/or strong.

In every other aspect, she's different from the Hulk and if she had a solo movie, the tone of it would be vastly different from all the Hulk movies. In fact, I imagine it would have more in common with Iron Man's humour.

Joss Whedon ought to write She-Hulk. She's not that different from someone like Buffy.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #255
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,426
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Pym,
The Vision,
Mar-vell,
Wonder-Man,
Black Panther,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I don't see Ms Marvel on your list

So unfortunately I have to give you a D+ for now
Didnt list her as Ms Marvel's inclusion goes without saying.

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #256
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Spider-Man played by Tobey Maguire. I think The Amazing Spider-Man will be lukewarm. We all still remember Tobey Maguire Spider-Man, and itís fairly fresh.

__________________
JENSEN ACKLES FOR EDDIE BROCK/VENOM
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #257
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,594
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

But Spider-Man should be the youth of the team, and Tobey's already 36 and older than Scarlett. If Marvel ever miraculously reacquired Spider-Man, it would either be Garfield or someone else of their own choosing.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #258
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

It would just mean that Tobey would have to have a better makeup team and more stunt doubles.

__________________
JENSEN ACKLES FOR EDDIE BROCK/VENOM
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:28 AM   #259
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,431
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
But Spider-Man should be the youth of the team, and Tobey's already 36 and older than Scarlett. If Marvel ever miraculously reacquired Spider-Man, it would either be Garfield or someone else of their own choosing.
Agreed, use Garfield (in an imaginary scenario for a situation that will probably never happen). Maguire was cool but he's had his time and I think Andrew would have some really awesome moments with RDJ's Iron Man.

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #260
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
But Spider-Man should be the youth of the team, and Tobey's already 36 and older than Scarlett. If Marvel ever miraculously reacquired Spider-Man, it would either be Garfield or someone else of their own choosing.
Of you want to add a cool youthful character why not just go with Nova... Marvel are definitely going to do a Guardians of a Galaxy film, and Nova is involved in there stories as well as Avengers.

Just get Dave Franco to play the dude, then you have one charismatic funny youth superhero... The Spidey void now filled!! (not exactly but still)

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #261
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I have an idea if Marvel can't get permission from Sony to use Spider-Man that would be cool and somewhat similar to Wolverine's appearance in X-Men First Class: they can cast Tobey Maguire in a brief cameo in The Avengers 2.

Black Widow and Captain America find him and introduce themselves to him, but he politely declines joining them without absolutely any mention of Parker/Spider-Man.

Everybody remembers Maguire's Parker and would assume he's playing Spider-Man, what with Avengers and Spider-Man being both comic book characters and Marvel properties. Garfield won't ever appear as Spider-Man in an Avengers film, and Marvel wouldn't get in trouble as long as they didn't mention Parker/Spider-Man by name.

__________________
JENSEN ACKLES FOR EDDIE BROCK/VENOM
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #262
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!
 
BigSams50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Agrinio, Greece (Formerly Fayetteville, NC)
Posts: 2,620
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Dr. Doom. But that will never happen

__________________
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
BigSams50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #263
SlackBrian
Party Gorn
 
SlackBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I'm firmly in the camp that Wasp and Ant-Man need to be in the MCU. Mostly because they're two of my favourite characters, but also because they're necessary to any Ultron storyline. And Ultron is a villain that lends himself perfectly to this film series.

I've seen people suggest that Joel Edgerton should play Pym. I really like that suggestion. I really liked his performance in Warrior. The only possible drawback is that he can look a lot like Renner from certain angles, and that might be something a studio would look at as a negative.

For Wasp, I've seen all the standard suggestions, but my pick would be Alison Brie, with her hair cut a bit shorter. I think she'd be perfect for the bubbly, enthusiastic personality of the Wasp, and could pull of the look. Plus, her comedic chops would lend itself to the MCU, which is clearly not afraid of mixing in comedy at the right moment.

__________________
PSN ID: SlackBrian
Xbox Gamertag: SlackBrian
Nintendo Network ID: SlackBrian
Twitter: SlackBrian
SlackBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #264
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
I'm firmly in the camp that Wasp and Ant-Man need to be in the MCU. Mostly because they're two of my favourite characters, but also because they're necessary to any Ultron storyline. And Ultron is a villain that lends himself perfectly to this film series.

I've seen people suggest that Joel Edgerton should play Pym. I really like that suggestion. I really liked his performance in Warrior. The only possible drawback is that he can look a lot like Renner from certain angles, and that might be something a studio would look at as a negative.

For Wasp, I've seen all the standard suggestions, but my pick would be Alison Brie, with her hair cut a bit shorter. I think she'd be perfect for the bubbly, enthusiastic personality of the Wasp, and could pull of the look. Plus, her comedic chops would lend itself to the MCU, which is clearly not afraid of mixing in comedy at the right moment.
I Think they will be in Avengers 2, The Ant-man film has been in development for a long time and it has been suggested that it is close to being realized...
So you can rest easy they will be added sooner rather than later...

Simon Baker aka The Mentalist has always been my choice for Ant-Man,

And for Wasp, KRYSTEN RITTER.... She is really the embodiment of Wasp
http://filmraps.blogspot.com/2012/06...ofile-and.html


M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #265
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,426
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Cant beleive that I forgot to put Quasar in there.

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #266
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

It looks like we're going to see this guy added to the roster in Avengers 2.


__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:29 AM   #267
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,504
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I think She-Hulk, as a character, would be a good addition to the team. Is power diversity that big a deal?
She's still a derivative character. It doesn't really matter if it's She-Hulk, Red Hulk, Robin or Superboy, you can argue that they're entirely separate characters, they are still derived from the main heroes and that will always be a large part of their character.

You couple that with the fact that you have more iconic and popular (some, at least) heroes who also have a unique power set that run less of a risk of looking like just a knock off in a big ensemble film then it becomes a no brainer to go with someone like Black Panther, Wasp or Ms. Marvel etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It looks like we're going to see this guy added to the roster in Avengers 2.
The update on SHH main page suggests this might be another false Latino Review scoop.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #268
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
The update on SHH main page suggests this might be another false Latino Review scoop.
Lol at the SHH main page, I doubt the same guy giving us info on IM3 would give us false info on BP.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #269
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,504
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Lol at the SHH main page, I doubt the same guy giving us info on IM3 would give us false info on BP.
Who knows. It's one 'inside info' for another at this point. I'm not putting any faith into it until I hear actual confirmation.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #270
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Who knows. It's one 'inside info' for another at this point. I'm not putting any faith into it until I hear actual confirmation.
Yeah I see where you're coming from, that's pretty understandable.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #271
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: a realm of non-physical existence
Posts: 4,774
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

After seeing the first season of The Avengers EMH, I have this to say:

Ant-Man HAS to be in the sequel. He is hands down my favorite character and really the most sympathetic. It's cute how excited he gets about all the science stuff, even in middle of a fight, and he doesn't like violence that much so he is the guy that tries to find a way around it. That is also sometimes his weakness, but nobody likes a perfect character. And I guess Janet is given if Hank is there.

Also, I think that Black Panther will join the team because he has the potential to have his own solo movie to introduce him. That would probably be all, they don't want to have too many unknown superheroes in it, and those included the team would have all the basic iconic members of the team

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #272
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
After seeing the first season of The Avengers EMH, I have this to say:

Ant-Man HAS to be in the sequel. He is hands down my favorite character and really the most sympathetic. It's cute how excited he gets about all the science stuff, even in middle of a fight, and he doesn't like violence that much so he is the guy that tries to find a way around it. That is also sometimes his weakness, but nobody likes a perfect character. And I guess Janet is given if Hank is there.

Also, I think that Black Panther will join the team because he has the potential to have his own solo movie to introduce him. That would probably be all, they don't want to have too many unknown superheroes in it, and those included the team would have all the basic iconic members of the team
Agree with you. I'd also like Ms. Marvel and Vision to come up too. Question is, who will play them? DUN DUN DUN!

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #273
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,426
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

......Is it too late to post a 'more in hope as there's no chance' suggestion of Captain Britain?

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #274
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,431
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I wouldn't be suprised if Captain Britian showed up. With Captain America being such a celebrity, it makes sense alot of nations would plan their own versions. There's even a bit of a precedent for it because Iron Man is all about a superhero arms race (allegedly)

I can even feel brave enough to suggest a name. Rupert Penry Jones.

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #275
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,426
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

RPJ is my pick for CB too - perfect fit.

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.