The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 06-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #301
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If anything, that would put people off She-Hulk. I preferred her in Fantastic Four, where she was not such a spoofish character and didn't break the fourth wall. Sensational She-Hulk was just so whimsical and felt like a waste of time reading that. It was more like a series of skits when you think about it.

Byrne established in FF but then turned her into a joke in her own title.

But that's where Shulkie really established her identity. Before Sensational, I didn't know anybody who gave two ****s about She-Hulk. But when Byrne gave her that Deadpoolish sense of humor (and let's give credit where credit is due: she was doing this LOOOOONG before Deadpool), she became instantly popular. That fourth-wall breaking humor is what defined her character.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #302
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
But that's where Shulkie really established her identity. Before Sensational, I didn't know anybody who gave two ****s about She-Hulk. But when Byrne gave her that Deadpoolish sense of humor (and let's give credit where credit is due: she was doing this LOOOOONG before Deadpool), she became instantly popular. That fourth-wall breaking humor is what defined her character.
Actually a lot of people cared about She-Hulk during the FF run. I remember all those letters pages where people wrote in saying that, for the first time, she's become a character they really care about and how Byrne has turned her into a real person (and a beautiful one at that).

She definitely came into her own in FF, where people stopped seeing her as just a female Hulk equivalent but a character in her own right. The issue of FF where she's photographed topless by a paparrazi certainly added to that.

There was also the Sensational She-Hulk graphic novel which came before the Sensational She-Hulk series and was pretty popular at the time (especially since she kept shedding her clothes in the story). I thought that struck the right balance of humour and action, without becoming a spoof life the series.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #303
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I had a dream that Ant-Man turned up in IM3 last night. It was odd, Daniel Craig was playing him...

Old 06-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #304
Silvermoth
Avenger

Did Daniel Craig whisper sweet nothings? I've had dreams like that...

Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #305
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

How come William Shatner doesn't try to suggest himself for an Avengers sequel? He did write that Shatner-verse Star Trek novel, "Avenger" after all.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #306
TheSpectacular
GERONIMO!!!!

I'd like to see Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man and Wasp...the list goes on but you can only have so many.

TheSpectacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #307
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectacular View Post
I'd like to see Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man and Wasp...the list goes on but you can only have so many.
That's why EMH was so brilliant...

Old 06-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #308
TheSpectacular
GERONIMO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
That's why EMH was so brilliant...
Exactly. Shame that it's to be cancelled.

TheSpectacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #309
Angamb
Banned User

Ant-man, Wasp and Black Panther are like a must for the trilogy.

If they dont include them in the first three movies, Id be dissapointed.

specially since Marvel has used them in the two seasons of this latest animated show.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #310
Aztec
Side-Kick

List of candidates to the roster for Avengers 2:

1) Guardians of the Galaxy- I think the new "Avengers Assemble" comic is strongly hinting towards this with the team (taken directly from the movie) needs the GotG to defeat none other than Thanos. Also Feige has been hinting forever about them. This would certainly add to the "space opera" dreams that Feige had. Sounds cool IMHO, and I think this has the highest likelihood.

2) Black Panther- He's certainly been a topic of rumor and discussion. He also featured prominently in EMH and the Ultimates animated films. He makes for a unique character for sure too (ala Thor). Marvel seems to like to keep their character origins as varied as possible in the MCU so I wouldn't count him out.

3) Falcon- I can't help but speculate that he's going to be in the sequel since he will be the one team addition to the new "Avengers Assemble" animated series (again featuring the cast of the film). It just seems too random to choose him to be the newest member unless they had something larger in mind for him. Feige did hint about Cap having a "sidekick" in Cap 2; so I suppose it's quite possible.

4) The Pyms (Ant-Man/Giant Man & Wasp)- They are founding members in the comics and were featured prominently in EMH. I for one hope not because I have just never found them to be compelling characters. After all how many scientific geniuses do we need on this team anyway? We already got two in Stark and Banner. And as for you Ultron fans; there's no reason why it can't be Stark behind his creation in the MCU (deal with it).

5) Dr. Strange- I only add him to the list because Feige seems to bring him up at every turn. However I just don't see him fitting into the whole cosmic direction this thing is taking.

6) Spider-Man- Yup, I said it. There has been far too much chatter and revelations recently to not consider the possibility of a Sony/Disney super-mega-extreme team up. Now that we found out that the Oscorp building from TAS was at one point going to be in the Avengers; we see just how close we came to the webslinger's events being canon in the MCU. Perhaps one day this will happen for real? How else could the top the shock and awe of the first film?

7) Someone else? Ideas?

Carrie/Machete Order: 4 films..Best Narrative Structure Possible
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #311
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
List of candidates to the roster for Avengers 2:

1) Guardians of the Galaxy- I think the new "Avengers Assemble" comic is strongly hinting towards this with the team (taken directly from the movie) needs the GotG to defeat none other than Thanos. Also Feige has been hinting forever about them. This would certainly add to the "space opera" dreams that Feige had. Sounds cool IMHO, and I think this has the highest likelihood.

2) Black Panther- He's certainly been a topic of rumor and discussion. He also featured prominently in EMH and the Ultimates animated films. He makes for a unique character for sure too (ala Thor). Marvel seems to like to keep their character origins as varied as possible in the MCU so I wouldn't count him out.

3) Falcon- I can't help but speculate that he's going to be in the sequel since he will be the one team addition to the new "Avengers Assemble" animated series (again featuring the cast of the film). It just seems too random to choose him to be the newest member unless they had something larger in mind for him. Feige did hint about Cap having a "sidekick" in Cap 2; so I suppose it's quite possible.

4) The Pyms (Ant-Man/Giant Man & Wasp)- They are founding members in the comics and were featured prominently in EMH. I for one hope not because I have just never found them to be compelling characters. After all how many scientific geniuses do we need on this team anyway? We already got two in Stark and Banner. And as for you Ultron fans; there's no reason why it can't be Stark behind his creation in the MCU (deal with it).

5) Dr. Strange- I only add him to the list because Feige seems to bring him up at every turn. However I just don't see him fitting into the whole cosmic direction this thing is taking.

6) Spider-Man- Yup, I said it. There has been far too much chatter and revelations recently to not consider the possibility of a Sony/Disney super-mega-extreme team up. Now that we found out that the Oscorp building from TAS was at one point going to be in the Avengers; we see just how close we came to the webslinger's events being canon in the MCU. Perhaps one day this will happen for real? How else could the top the shock and awe of the first film?

7) Someone else? Ideas?
I hope they include panther, wasp and Ant Man they worked well in EMH and 2/3 were orgins avengers they should be in there.. I don't see Strange being in the equation, I feel Falcon is lame and I'd rather have Panther than Falcon I don't like factor he's in the new avengers cartoon..I'd love to see spidey in the avengers but not part of the team see them working together or have Easter Egg of like Parker taking pictures for the buggle with the Avengers in action or Oscorp tower in the NYC skyline I read the IGN article bout that seems cool

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #312
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd like them to do a New Avengers movie but with Spidey and Wolverine in the team that's not going to happen

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #313
CJ
Leap of Faith

Never gonna happen, but..

Tobey Maguire returning as Spider-Man and Hugh Jackman joining the cast as Wolverine.

To see those two sharing a scene with Downey would be too awesome for words.

Edit: Someone should do a minip of the three together (full-costume, but Downey and Tobey without their masks on)

Old 06-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #314
xeno000
Raining hell from above

My picks for additions to the Avengers would be Wanda/Scarlet Witch, Jan Van Dyne/Wasp, Hank Pym/Ant-Man and The Vision. Pietro/Quicksilver can tag along with Wanda if they insist, but none of that Ultimates BS. I would also like to see Black Panther eventually, though I give no credence to the Latino Review report until Marvel announces a BP film has been greenlit and is in production.

Wanda is the one female character I want to see in a film above all others. She is perhaps the most powerful woman in the Marvel Universe, outside of someone wielding the Phoenix force. (Thank goodness that mess is contained over at Fox.) Give Wanda more conscious control over her powers and you have a heroine who is fully the equal to any of the male characters, without having her rely on brute strength.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #315
Silvermoth
Avenger

Agreed, Wanda is an incredible character and I hope Marvel bring her back to the comics in a big way to prepare for her on screen debut.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #316
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

With Vision...and Wiccan and Speed...and the rest of the Young Avengers

Old 06-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #317
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Unsure so maybe someone can clarify - is Scarlet Witch (and Quicksilver) with FOX because of the whole mutant thing?

Old 06-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #318
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Unsure so maybe someone can clarify - is Scarlet Witch (and Quicksilver) with FOX because of the whole mutant thing?
Yes, and no.
Feige was asked specifically about this, and he said that Wanda & Pietro exist in a sort of limbo between Fox and Marvel Studios, in that BOTH studios can use them; it's just that Fox has exclusivity to mutants and Magneto, so Marvel's SW & QS *could* appear as Avengers, but they'd have to write out those angles.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #319
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Gotcha; so no references to the source of their powers [I'm presuming that would be the case as I'd hate for them to be given some elaborate origin that differs so drastically from the source material just for the sake of it] or their father.

Just thought - Pietro has been used by FOX in Wolverine: Origins if memory serves.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #320
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I'm sure Marvel could just talk about the Maximoffs and Wundagore mountain. There's plenty enough there without having to reference Magneto, while keeping close to the source material.

Of course, can Fox stop Marvel from using the word "mutated" or "mutation" if they don't use the technical term "mutant"? I wouldn't have thought so, since those are common english words, otherwise soon Fox will be banning the use of the word "powers" or even other words we use every day. Imagine trying to go the whole film without using the word "the" or "you".

Old 06-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #321
Chewy
REDACTED

It's all likely a VERY grey area legally. One they may not want to touch with a 10 foot pole. Both sides could potentially play dirty and get an easy payday through their lawyers.

I doubt they thought a time would ever come where X-Men and the Avengers were both successful movie franchises at the same time, and that Scarlet Witch's rights specifically would ever come into question.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #322
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Could they get away with the character just simply saying 'I was born wth these abilities' - might that automatically make them sufficiently different to FOX's definition of mutant?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #323
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Just tie them in with the High Evolutionary.

I'd like to see: Giant Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision and Black Panther in this trilogy of Avengers films. I almost think asking for 6 new Avengers in 2 more movies is pushing it.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative

Last edited by KangConquers; 06-16-2012 at 01:55 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #324
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

They could change their backstory, I know that would upset allot of people...and create allot of deranged movie fans, but it could work?

Old 06-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #325
Silvermoth
Avenger

All they have to do is mention they are children of supervillians but leave their identity ambigious. It'll be fun for the audience and great for the fanboys because they'll get to see those cool characters represented.