The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 06-17-2012, 04:34 AM   #326
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

But they'd have to explain their powers somehow?

Old 06-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #327
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

A rare genetic 'anomaly' as opposed to a 'mutation'; small difference I know but might be just enough [in legal terms]?

Old 06-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #328
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I really don't think, if we do see Wanda and Pietro, they won't be the ones in the comic.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #329
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I really don't think, if we do see Wanda and Pietro, they won't be the ones in the comic.

I think that Marvel can write Wanda & Pietro in very cleverly using the High Evolutionary and Chthon to explain their backstory. HE would come into play eventually since they're teeing up GotG; Adam Warlock is HE's greatest creation. It would be easy to imply that HE's weird genetic experiments on or around the pregnant Magda gave the twins their powers. Or perhaps HE performed unethical experiments on them after they were born on Wundagore Mountain. Either way, they end up with powers sans mutations or a magnetically-charged father.

Marvel needs to use the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver before Faux decides to put out a schlocky version of them in its crappy X-franchise. That studio is so cheap that Wanda wouldn't be allowed to use her (very expensive) powers more than once, and they'd both be dressed in black leather rather than anything like a colorful costume.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #330
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
All they have to do is mention they are children of supervillians but leave their identity ambigious. It'll be fun for the audience and great for the fanboys because they'll get to see those cool characters represented.
Just a note: there weren't any supers between Red Skull and Iron Monger, hero or villain, so there's no one to ambiguously father the kids.

Quote:
Well they won't be mutants, or children of Magneto, so... yeah. Other than that though...

Hey guys, How would you describe Pietro and Wanda's personalities?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #331
actionavenue
Action Ave Studios

Luke Cage might be cool. Vision would be a really old school character to explore. Of course, having the Scarlet Witch would be awesome as well. The only problem is, that the more characters we add, the less plot for each character to go around. No easy answer to the issue, other than to make a spinoff movie and have Captain America and Iron Man team up with Vision and Luke Cage. Doubtful that it would ever happen, but who knows?

http://zazzle.com/actionave
actionavenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #332
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Wouldve loved to see Idris Elba as Cage.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #333
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck Venom in as a villain to help him with his solo movie.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #334
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

This is what I want

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #335
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Just a note: there weren't any supers between Red Skull and Iron Monger, hero or villain, so there's no one to ambiguously father the kids.
That we know of.
Quote:

Hey guys, How would you describe Pietro and Wanda's personalities?
Pietro is a narcissitic idiot who would probably give Tony Stark a run for his ego. Wanda is someone desperate to maintain and grow her family but has serious mental health problems. Pietro leans on her far too much which makes it even harder.

Quote:
But they'd have to explain their powers somehow?
Wanda's a witch who gave her brother superpowers to escape their terrorist father (who is unnamed)

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #336
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

This would greatly determin where the Avengers stories go, and how many sequels they can make I think.
If they start including cosmic characters right off the bat, like Ms. Marvel, Thanos, Krees or Skrulls, Captain Marvel, Nova, Moon Dragon, Mantis, any alien or cosmic level characters, that sort of takes the movie into that direction. If they start including cosmic characters, that sort of means they are taking the movies into that direction with cosmic related stories.
That also means they probably wont make an infinate number of films either, if each film takes the cosmic level stuff further and takes the movie out more into space and makes its threats greater and greater, then eventually they will have to end. I also think that it means a character like Luke Cage might not get included if a character like Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel is used in the movie. And that villains like Absorbing Man or Baron Zemo wont be used either.
If Cosmic level beings (heroes and villains) are included I think it sort of means some characters will not be used and that some stories wont be used and eventually the Avengers films will have an ending.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #337
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
This would greatly determin where the Avengers stories go, and how many sequels they can make I think.
If they start including cosmic characters right off the bat, like Ms. Marvel, Thanos, Krees or Skrulls, Captain Marvel, Nova, Moon Dragon, Mantis, any alien or cosmic level characters, that sort of takes the movie into that direction. If they start including cosmic characters, that sort of means they are taking the movies into that direction with cosmic related stories.
That also means they probably wont make an infinate number of films either, if each film takes the cosmic level stuff further and takes the movie out more into space and makes its threats greater and greater, then eventually they will have to end. I also think that it means a character like Luke Cage might not get included if a character like Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel is used in the movie. And that villains like Absorbing Man or Baron Zemo wont be used either.
If Cosmic level beings (heroes and villains) are included I think it sort of means some characters will not be used and that some stories wont be used and eventually the Avengers films will have an ending.

I don't see that happening. Look, the entire Marvel Universe has been dealing with ubervillains with cosmic power sets for decades, and they go right back to dealing with bank robbers & jewel thieves the very next day. Some of you guys need to get over the misinformed notion that EVERYTHING has to be built on a rising scale of action, a la Bayformers. It doesn't. It's perfectly acceptable to tackle Thanos in one film, then beat up on a bunch of HYDRA goons in the next film. As long as the stories are INTERESTING, it doesn't matter what the threat level is.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #338
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:

Wanda's a witch who gave her brother superpowers to escape their terrorist father (who is unnamed)
They can't just say "She's a witch"

Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #339
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't see that happening. Look, the entire Marvel Universe has been dealing with ubervillains with cosmic power sets for decades, and they go right back to dealing with bank robbers & jewel thieves the very next day. Some of you guys need to get over the misinformed notion that EVERYTHING has to be built on a rising scale of action, a la Bayformers. It doesn't. It's perfectly acceptable to tackle Thanos in one film, then beat up on a bunch of HYDRA goons in the next film. As long as the stories are INTERESTING, it doesn't matter what the threat level is.
And some people, who adore the character, like myself, and think he deserves more than just one film. With them going an infinity gauntlet route, its gunna happen, they built thr trop, in the credit scene, they showed his hand without anything on it, they are probably guna go some type of infinity gauntlet route. Cramming all that into one movie, giving him a rise and a fall in one movie, some of us, like myself, would not like that.

Unless, you mean to continuously build up this story UNTIL avengers 2, where we get the whole gauntlet movie. I Just feel like there is going to be soo much to build up. And they are going to take their time doing so.

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #340
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Well I want Luke Cage

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #341
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
They can't just say "She's a witch"
Why not? She weighs the same as a duck.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:27 AM   #342
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I wouldn't mind seeing Mantis and Moondragon.

Mantis has to be in her yellow and green grass skirt costume with the impossible bra thingy. I don't care how impractical the whole costume is. It's either all or nothing!

And Moondragon needs to be in her classic green swimsuit costume:

Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #343
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
And some people, who adore the character, like myself, and think he deserves more than just one film. With them going an infinity gauntlet route, its gunna happen, they built thr trop, in the credit scene, they showed his hand without anything on it, they are probably guna go some type of infinity gauntlet route. Cramming all that into one movie, giving him a rise and a fall in one movie, some of us, like myself, would not like that.

Unless, you mean to continuously build up this story UNTIL avengers 2, where we get the whole gauntlet movie. I Just feel like there is going to be soo much to build up. And they are going to take their time doing so.
Yeah, I meant having Thanos appear in *several* Phase II films before TA2. And then it would be perfectly acceptable for Phase III to be about a different supervillain or group that *doesn't* have to be more powerful than the previous villain to work.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #344
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
In comics or cartoons is one thing, but a movie or several movies is different. Audiences expect different things from movies. If you build up the Avengers as cosmic level people who fight cosmic level things audiences wont like seeing them fighting street level bad guys. Or at least they wont expect it. If you then start building the threat level, getting bigger and bigger, if then suddenly the threat level is Baron Zemo on Earth where once it was a galactic threat, the audience might feel let down. I think the studio did the same thing in Spider-Man 3, they wanted Vulture and they said no because he wasn't as exciting as Venom or the previous bad guys. Plus if the enemies they face keep getting bigger and bigger they might feel the need to end the entire series like Nolan is doing with Batman. Taking cues from previous films is stuff some studios do, like how all these comic movies started having people wearing leather or being dark and gritty. Have an over arching story where they Avengers face an alien invasion that takes them into space and then further and then finally the Kree/Skrull War and then they end the Avengers movie franchise. All I am saying is I hope they find a way to do it so that they cans still fight Earth threat and not just Galactic threats.
I hope the studio does not take the Avengers in that area of Galactic heroes and leave the Earth level stuff behind and then end it around Avengers 3 for good with the team disbanding or something.
I personally want the movie to go on and on as long as the writing is good, so that they can add as many Avengers from the comics as they can and face as many threats as they can. I would love them to fight Ultron at some point.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #345
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
That we know of.
Well, yeah. That means it's not ambiguous, it's just a hanging plot thread.

Quote:
Pietro is a narcissitic idiot who would probably give Tony Stark a run for his ego. Wanda is someone desperate to maintain and grow her family but has serious mental health problems. Pietro leans on her far too much which makes it even harder.
Hmmm... great for small roles in an ensemble, I can see why they never had their own series for long. Who would want to read about those two?

Quote:
Wanda as the source of powers? Now*that* could be very, very, very interesting. Quite a twist.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #346
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

They really can't just go into a respected movie and say "she's a witch"

Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #347
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
But with Dr Strange in the works, they could say she's a sorceress and gets her powers from a similar source. Besides, there's Wundagore (where the High Evolutionary carried out his crazy experiments). That could be the source of her powers.

If you introduce the High Evolutionary and Wundagore, then that also opens the possibility of Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew).

Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #348
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
A movie that already features ancient gods chucking lightning bolts, aliens on jetcycles, big green monsters that can knock down skyscrapers, and an ubervillain who can wipe out entire galaxies with a casual wave of his gauntleted fist....?

Yeah. They can say "she's a witch."

Magic works in the MCU. We'll see even more evidence of that with Mandarin and Dr. Strange, soon.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #349
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'm really looking forward to the MCU really delving into Dr. Strange's world.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #350
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
A movie that already features ancient gods chucking lightning bolts, aliens on jetcycles, big green monsters that can knock down skyscrapers, and an ubervillain who can wipe out entire galaxies with a casual wave of his gauntleted fist....?

Yeah. They can say "she's a witch."

Magic works in the MCU. We'll see even more evidence of that with Mandarin and Dr. Strange, soon.
Yeah point made...

No I joke, I joke. It is actually a good point