The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 02-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #676
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Default Re: Update the outfit for next solo film

So would I but I do doubt we will see it.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #677
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I don't see why not. Marvel has been pretty damn comic accurate with it's character designs thus far. I see no reason why they couldn't pull off the chainmail. It would be a fresh update for AoU.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #678
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I can see plenty of reason why they couldn't pull off the chain mail. Mainly having to do with the fact that chain mail doesn't look like that in real life, and doesn't move like it either. Marvel has been damn good with its character designs, in large part because they have a good sense for what can work in live action and what can't.

metaphysician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #679
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Other than Cap going to Asgard and Thor/Odin giving him similar chainmail armor that Thor wears, I don't need Marvel to force movie Cap to wear it.

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #680
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I wonder if we'll have another shield throw close up to match The First Avenger & The Avengers in The Winter Soldier

http://fyeahcapamerica.tumblr.com/archive

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 02-12-2014 at 10:44 PM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #681
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I can see plenty of reason why they couldn't pull off the chain mail. Mainly having to do with the fact that chain mail doesn't look like that in real life, and doesn't move like it either. Marvel has been damn good with its character designs, in large part because they have a good sense for what can work in live action and what can't.
I disagree. They don't have to use actual chainmail to pull off the look. Superman's suit in MoS not only pulled off a chainmail look, but actually was one of the best superhero suits in any film thus far...So I definitely disagree with your notion of what works and what does not in live action.

IMO, this

is a far superior (and more accurate, iconic look for Cap) than this cloth stuff.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #682
Loki882
Side-Kick

He doesn't need the chain mail. There's no reason for him to wear it. His TWS costume works just fine.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #683
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I agree, he doesn't NEED it and I love the costumes in TWS. But Marvel has a track record of updating costumes for every outing for every character, and I think introducing the chainmail would be a nice direction.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #684
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Also, there are a lot of people ( myself included ) who think the texture of the costumes in Superman is eh, at best.

metaphysician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #685
hafizbat
Side-Kick

A "lot of people"? I highly doubt that...it seems like the vast, vast majority of people love the MoS suit...

Old 02-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #686
samsnee
Side-Kick

The irony of your response is hysterical.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:12 AM   #687
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

It probably seems odd, but my favorite MCU Captain America costume so far is the one he wore during the USO scenes in TFA.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:18 AM   #688
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I liked how it looked with the jacket and helmet. His rescue outfit was great imo.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:31 AM   #689
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Why do so many fans on here seem to dislike Cap's Avengers suit? I thought it was pretty cool, ok so the helmet could have been better. For AOU I'd take the Cap suit from Avengers with TWS Helmet.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #690
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Why do so many fans on here seem to dislike Cap's Avengers suit? I thought it was pretty cool, ok so the helmet could have been better. For AOU I'd take the Cap suit from Avengers with TWS Helmet.
Main problems with it were:
-Material looked rather cheap and not durable, especially the pants
-Pants had zipper detailing on the thighs that served no purpose, other than to add silver on that part of the uniform
-Cloth neck cowl and plastic helmet with no exposed ears just didn't go well together
-Back of uniform was too plain, as a continuation of the red/white stripes and a star on the back would have broken up the pajama-looking backside
-Boots made his calfs look huge compared to his thighs

To me if they had gone with this version and continued with some of my suggestions for the back of the uniform, it would have looked pretty good:

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 03-22-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:29 AM   #691
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
-Pants had zipper detailing on the thighs that served no purpose, other than to add silver on that part of the uniform
-Cloth neck cowl and plastic helmet with no exposed ears just didn't go well together
-Back of uniform was too plain, as a continuation of the red/white stripes and a star on the back would have broken up the pajama-looking backside

To me if they had gone with this version and continued with some of my suggestions for the back of the uniform, it would have looked pretty good:
Ok that looks awesome, something like would be great in AOU.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:41 AM   #692
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post

I feel like this is basically what we got in Avengers. Except for the ear openings of course. But we got that. The execution was flawed. The cowl looked off, and the neck area was far too loose. And Evans, to me, was much thinner in Avengers than in CATFA. Which didn't help the overall look of the suit. Evans build in Winter Soldier seems to have improved, that plus a lightly padded suit helps. Use the Winter Soldier suit and fit as a template for a Age of Ultron suit.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:52 AM   #693
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
The design they where going for was great its just the execution was off. It was just one of those thing where it could of been better but it still worked on screen. It liked the Avengers suit more than the First Avengers suit but I would admit that the First Avengers suit was made better.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 03-22-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #694
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I know it's unlikely, but part of me hopes Cap just uses his TWS suit in AOU and Cap 3. Cap's TWS suit just looks AWESOME!

Old 03-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #695
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know it's unlikely, but part of me hopes Cap just uses his TWS suit in AOU and Cap 3. Cap's TWS suit just looks AWESOME!

I agree, Just throw in some red and its terrific for a Age of Ultron suit. The helmet, to the fit, and the padding in the right areas. I looks terrific on Evans.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #696
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

It has really grown on me for sure

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #697
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I rewatched TFA the other day, and it reminded me how awesome this suit was.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #698
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'd like a combination of both suits in TWS.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:35 AM   #699
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Original WWII outfit and Modified WWII outfit.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #700
Euthanatos12
Side-Kick

Cap doesn't wear "chainmail", his classic costume is actually "scale mail" more or less.

So far they've revealed that Cap will have something similar to his Marvel Now outfit in Age of Ultron, I'm assuming they'll just do a variation on that for Cap 3. Who knows though.

Euthanatos12 is offline   Reply With Quote