The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Old 05-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #76
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Default Re: You fight well... in the old style. Now you face the Shredder. - The Shredder Thr

I actually wouldn't have a problem with Fitchner as Shredder, as long he's not a Colonel! lol

Old 05-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #77
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: You fight well... in the old style. Now you face the Shredder. - The Shredder Thr

I keep seeing people (or a single person) posting on TMNT threads and articles, particularly the William Fitchner related ones, that he's playing "Colonel Calvin Shroader, father of Kerry".

Is this a joke or the real deal?

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #78
Octoberist
point blank

Actually I was the one who invented that first name (Calvin) and "Kerry", and it went viral! What an honor!

Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #79
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Actually I was the one who invented that first name (Calvin) and "Kerry", and it went viral! What an honor!
Oh thank god.

I thought that was legit for a second.

Great creativity, but it scared the living **** out of me.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #80
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

After seeing how the Foot look, I fear for Shredder.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #81
StarLord

Yeah because this was so much better eh?

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #82
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post
Yeah because this was so much better eh?

Exactly. What we got isn't the greatest but using something like that which is much closer to the classic design would look silly.

What we got isn't he greatest but, IMO, its significantly better than that.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #83
Nathan

At least the Foot back then were still recognizable as Ninjas. And maybe outside of the masks, there was nothing silly looking about the outfits. And when in action, I can't actually say they looked bad at all. Definitely better than random soldiers.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And as I said in the other Thread, I don't even hate the idea of modernized and militarized Ninjas. But there's nothing Ninjaish about the current foot. What we are getting is completely uninspired. Snake Eyes is a great example of a militarized Ninja. They could have taken him as an example. Or something similar to MGS2's Tengu. Anything is better than Mercs with plastic faces.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #84
StarLord

Bear in mind this is a movie about talking turtles.

Nobody is looking to re-imagine the style of ninjas...

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #85
Nathan

I can't wait for Colonel Schrader.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #86
1984TMNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Exactly. What we got isn't the greatest but using something like that which is much closer to the classic design would look silly.

What we got isn't he greatest but, IMO, its significantly better than that.
I actually really dig the look of the foot from the 1990 movie. I don't think it looks "silly".

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #87
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
I actually really dig the look of the foot from the 1990 movie. I don't think it looks "silly".
Well.... Its not silly so much as its.... outdated.

A more ninja like look would definitely be better, but I don't know how well something like we got in the 1990 movie would look on screen today.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #88
Nathan

Again, I would have been completely fine with a modernized take. Even modern military meets old school Ninja. I wouldn't even be against them using guns, as long as they still carry swords. But what we have right now are Mercenaries with plastic masks.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #89
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Again, I would have been completely fine with a modernized take. Even modern military meets old school Ninja. I wouldn't even be against them using guns, as long as they still carry swords. But what we have right now are Mercenaries with plastic masks.
At least they have swords.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #90
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I can't wait for Colonel Schrader.
I hope you weren't also hoping for a Hispanic Bane or a Asian Stereotypical Mandarin, or Arabian Ra's or Eastern European Dr Doom or a White Electro...
...a black nick fury.

Oh it's the ninja aspect you are referring too, not so much the underground terrorist leader of bad men hell bent on turtle soup. Well then I suppose things are looking grim.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #91
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
Not silly at all. Exactly what Ninjas are supposed to look like.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #92
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Hey, maybe Fitchner is playing Casey Jones.

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #93
Nathan

Just found this awesome image. A proper Shredder would be the only thing that could somewhat salvage the project for me.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #94
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATZARRO WWD View Post
Hey, maybe Fitchner is playing Casey Jones.
IMO he's not as iconic as Shredder.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #95
Marvin
Side-Kick

Just watched IM3 again, I can't see how the prospect of the colonel is any larger a step away from iconica. I just hope the keep the Japanese element somehow.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #96
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

If they're using the reincarnation element from the IDW series, then the Colonel might be still be Saki. Again, that is if he survived the rewrites.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #97
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

the more news i fear and the shots from the sets really make me think the news of them throwing out the script everyone hated was damage control and flat out lies

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #98
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Just watched IM3 again, I can't see how the prospect of the colonel is any larger a step away from iconica. I just hope the keep the Japanese element somehow.
I feel like change can be good. but then again you can also have 'The Doctor' from the first GI Joe movie.

When it comes down to it, whether if Shredder is Japanese or not, his armor is so inherently cool, it would be foolish to change it too much. Shredder's look is so marketable, and if he is just stripped down to a military official (unless he has duo personas; shredder in the shadows and military by day) or whatever.

Bottom line: Shredder sells himself, and this is the case where you shouldn't re-invent the wheel (too much).

Yes, creative changes can be interesting. Look at Bane. Even look at the Mandarian. Look at the new Battlestar Galatica. But they all come from creative and honest places, me thinks.

But it can be bad when the filmmakers aren't the initiative types (in whom Jonatha Liesbman is most likely not despite being trying his best). I know that you want this movie to rock. I want this movie to rock too. But we're both smart people, and nobody should make excuses, dare I say, bad creative changes.

But I'm keeping an open mind..

Old 05-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #99
Galactus123
Side-Kick

Super Shredder design was cool

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #100
Nathan

I just want a regular, highly trained, Oroku Saki. No enhancements. Neither cybernetic, nor Ooze related. Just a simple, badass, ass kicker like in the first Movie.