The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Old 05-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #101
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Default Re: You fight well... in the old style. Now you face the Shredder. - The Shredder Thr

the masks of the Foot remind me of the Immortals from 300 lol

Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #102
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: You fight well... in the old style. Now you face the Shredder. - The Shredder Thr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I just want a regular, highly trained, Oroku Saki. No enhancements. Neither cybernetic, nor Ooze related. Just a simple, badass, ass kicker like in the first Movie.
Not that it matters(cause I'm just one person with my own tastes and it's not like I'm paying for this movie, nor is my childhood enjoyment the reason for it's success), but I want, the best possible direction. What that is, who knows.

If someone wanted the new Wolverine movie to be about "a simple badass ass kicker" that want's the hero dead, people would objectively say? um wouldn't it be cooler if Logan fought someone with some sort of enhancement?
It's a simple question of, is what came before the best choice, more over there's that little issue of it's been done.
Producers need to make good forward thinking level headed decisions here, that doesn't mean they should simply chase the money and go with current trends but it also doesn't mean they should consult the fan boy check list.

The best choice.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #103
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

If you change someone iconic like Oroku Saki, why even bother to stay faithful with the Turtles? Why not just go ahead and change it all? Oh, wait. They were going to, until the outrage over the script forced them to do a rewrite. Although, how much actually changed, remains to be seen.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #104
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you change someone iconic like Oroku Saki, why even bother to stay faithful with the Turtles? Why not just go ahead and change it all? Oh, wait. They were going to, until the outrage over the script forced them to do a rewrite. Although, how much actually changed, remains to be seen.
So you think there was a re write?

(and Oroku Saki has been changed in the past, iconic or no)

Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #105
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I hope for their sake. But who knows, trash like Transformers 2 and 3 made tons of money.

Quote:
And he was always Oroku Saki. Even with the twist that revealed him to be an Utrom at the end of the season of the 2003. He started out as Oroku Saki. Japanese and the Leader of the Foot Clan. And up until the twist, the best interpretation of Shredder to date. Although that could have changed, haven't read all of the IDW comics.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #106
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I hope for their sake. But who knows, trash like Transformers 2 and 3 made tons of money.
I only ask cause in one breath, you will say something like the production thought the script so poor and fan outrage so strong that they had to change things.
Yet in another breath, you may say things like "they didn't change ****, it's still crap and the col. is still there...etc"

Just curious what you actually think happened.

Quote:
And he was always Oroku Saki. Even with the twist that revealed him to be an Utrom at the end of the season of the 2003. He started out as Oroku Saki. Japanese and the Leader of the Foot Clan. And up until the twist, the best interpretation of Shredder to date. Although that could have changed, haven't read all of the IDW comics.
hmm, Originally you said,
Quote:
I just want a regular, highly trained, Oroku Saki. No enhancements. Neither cybernetic, nor Ooze related. Just a simple, badass, ass kicker like in the first Movie.
Which is it?

Ask a dozen 13 year olds about the TF movies and I'm curious how many of them will use the word "Trash".
I'm curious what the young adults of the 80's thought about the original transformers series. I know what the kids thought.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #107
Nathan

Quote:
hmm, Originally you said,

Which is it?
I prefer him to be human. But I can live with other changes as long as he is still Oroku Saki, the Shredder and the leader of the Foot, which are Ninjas. There might have been origin changes to the characters in the past, but the core aspects of the character always remained. Just like there are at least 3 different origins to Splinter, but in the end he's still a rat that knows Ninjitsu and teaches 4 Turtles.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #108
Nathan

Sigh... so simple, yet so many levels of badass.

I hope that this is a one time deal and that it's not going to influence any other incarnations of Shredder.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #109
venom892
Got Lucky

I can't get over the fact they even gave him blades on his cape. They took the name Shredder way too literally.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #110
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I can't get over the fact they even gave him blades on his cape. They took the name Shredder way too literally.
Shhhh watch out I said the same thing in another thread and things got ugly.

Zaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #111
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I like the cape...makes it more dangerous. It's not like Shredder is going to grab the cape with his bare hands....he's not stupid

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #112
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I think it's funny.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:29 AM   #113
HUMANIMAL

Quote:

i came in like a razorblade....

MY FANART AND MANIPS
HUMANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:28 AM   #114
dark_b
Side-Kick

why is the cape out of metal? why?

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #115
HUMANIMAL

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 AM   #116
Nathan

I'm already looking forward to the inevitable reboot in the next 10 or 20 years. When we go from this...

back to this.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #117
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I like the cape...makes it more dangerous. It's not like Shredder is going to grab the cape with his bare hands....he's not stupid
he probably rotates around like a helicopter with this

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 01-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #118
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm already looking forward to the inevitable reboot in the next 10 or 20 years. When we go...

back to this.
You mean back to this, seeing as it's actually happened and is live action.

Or rather this, seeing as it was more recent.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

works both ways

Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #119
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
he probably rotates around like a helicopter with this
He's a master in martial arts so if Shredder had a devastating spin move to keep the turtles back I think that would be cool

Old 01-31-2014, 03:05 PM   #120
Victarion
Cut

Weren't the original comics done as a satire on the edgy comics trend of the 80's?

Perhaps the same is true for Shredder's costume here. Intentionally OTT on the part of the designers.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:10 PM   #121
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the rewrite in question is in reference to to Blue Door script. Eric Sachs doesn't appear in that, so he's obviously been changed since then.

Zaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #122
Nathan

Found this nice piece I thought I should share.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #123
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Found this nice piece I thought I should share.

that actually is rather nice

Old 02-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #124
Nathan

I just finished reading IDW's History of the Foot Clan. Did anyone else read it? I'll keep it in spoilers for those that haven't. We all know that the IDW comics are one of the best things that happened to the TMNT Franchise, and that 4 issue comic didn't change that.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I loved finding out how Shredder came to be in present time New York. I really enjoyed the discovery that he was once the warrior Takeshi Tatsuo, before he was slain and reborn as Oroku Saki, son to the man that killed him, Oroku Maji.

I love how the books manage to carefully balance the use of science and mysticism. Using science as a means to prolong Tatsuo's/Saki's life, but we still deal with actual reincarnation, and until otherwise proven, actual magic shape shifters.

And this Shredder seems to be basically what TMNT 2k3's Shredder would have been, had they actually made him an immortal, instead of the Utrom Ch'rell. IDW's Shredder is the real deal. No imposter alien. Not a man reincarnated as a white guy, going by the name Eric Sachs. He is the one and true Shredder. Made immortal, his soul bound to his body, he broke free of the cycle of reincarnation, and until otherwise proven, he is eternal.

There is just so much fantastic stuff. The more I read, the less I feel like this Movie will hold a candle to what IDW is doing.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #125
Marvin
Side-Kick

That's the way it goes with all comicbook/game to movie adaptations. Even the literal ones like Watchmen.

It even works that way with novel to film adaptations.