The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Comic Books & Genre RPG's

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #101
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,184
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Three day weekend for the Queen's birthday here... I'm about halfway through my next post and looking to make the most of the three days off by following it up with another at some point.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #102
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

I should have a Lyger post up in the next little bit as long as my internet doesn't go down again like it did yesterday afternoon.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #103
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Just a couple of quick pics of Blackwind's right hand man Forsaken as rendered in DCU Online







Last edited by NiteMare Shape; 06-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.
NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #104
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

I love that mask. It's the one I used when I reinvented The Phantom on DCUO.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #105
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

You used to play, EBJ? I used to be hardcore on the PS3.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #106
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
You used to play, EBJ? I used to be hardcore on the PS3.
I installed it on my laptop when it went FtP. I haven't played in a while. My proudest accomplishment probably should be my level 30 DPS, but it's actually my Spider-Man ripoff: Arachno-Boy, complete with grappling hook "webs."

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #107
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Well, it took that little push to get the ball rolling on Mantis, but now that the first (real) post is out of the way, I anticipate things will be moving smoothly again.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #108
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Hey guys, posts coming soon.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #109
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,184
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

I've been really sick lately and not really able to just sit down and get to work on anything for an extended period of time.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #110
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Hey guys,

Been going through a major heat wave which has kept my computer room just alittle hotter than a sauna. We're supposedly getting some relief soon and posts will be up.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #111
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Hey guys, posts coming soon.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #112
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,184
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Am caring for a guide dog puppy, that's part of the reason for my recent inactivity (illness prior to that). The dog has started to settle and I think I might be able to get some posts done over the next few days - starting with here.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #113
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick
 
Mr. Majestic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: where ever the action is
Posts: 449
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

hey all i'm out of jail and ready to join back into the party. Lord knows i missed being up here

__________________
The Youngster & Mr Majestic are now on DC Online.
Mr. Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #114
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post
hey all i'm out of jail and ready to join back into the party. Lord knows i missed being up here



NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #115
Nicodemus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Hello everyone. Real life kind of swamped for a while but I'm back now...ready to get back in the swing of things.

Character you have created: Noah Walker
Alias: Acrobat

Speech Color: Blue

Character Alignment: Hero

Identity: Secret

Character Personality: Noah is is a huge geek, especially when it comes to superheroes. He tends to be sort of hard to reach personality wise, because he’s shy and doesn’t make friends easily, but underneath all that is a kid who just wants to have friends and maybe make the world a better place while he’s at it.

He can also be very, very protective of people he considers his friends, and would do anything for them – even though he’s often terrified by his super-heroics, he keeps going, determined not to let anybody down.

In the six months since he started adventuring Noah has become much more outgoing, keeping up a stream of banter and insults at his opponents when he fights. He is constantly updating his twitter with both statuses and videos of his crime-fighting.

Uniform/costume:

Origin Info/Details: Noah’s mom was a strung out druggie who found herself pregnant at the ripe old age of 15. Desperate to get her hands on anything that could get her high, she signed up for an experimental and possibly slightly illegal medical treatment that involved taking several different shots of experimental chemicals. She continued the treatment until she could no longer hide her pregnancy, then stole as much of the stuff as she could and took off. When Noah was born he seemed to be completely normal, but was taken away from his mother and sent to a foster home.
Noah came to love his foster family, as he had never known any other, and refused to take his mother’s last name, even after a vicious custody battle between her (now clean) and his foster family. She gained visiting rights every other weekend and full custody over Noah’s autistic younger brother.
When he was 16, Noah discovered his unique abilities during a basketball game, where he made a slam dunk from the three point line. (over two defender’s heads) He attempted the secret hero act for a while but was eventually found out by his family, who surprised him by fully supporting his super-heroics, even if they were worried sick.

In the six months since being shot by STRIKE droids and meeting the Guardians, Noah has been far more active in the superhero community. He maintains contact with the Guardians but has not officially joined them, as he is too preoccupied with finding and shutting down the men who began the experiments that gave him his powers.

Hero Type: Acrobat (duh)

Power Level: City Level

Powers: Noah posses the ability to manipulate gravity, though at this point in time is only capable of manipulating his own (and anything touching him, depending on how large it is). He can make himself lighter or heavier, allowing for increased speed, incredible agility, and powerful blows. He can also change the direction gravity pulls on him, allowing him to walk up walls and across ceilings. At later dates he may also gain the power to affect Gravity around him, though he does not posses this ability at the moment.

With tech support from both the Guardians and his older brother Michael, (now working at Galloway Labs, a high tech research facility) Noah has gotten his hands on some technology that has helped him fight crime more effectively. His gloves and boots can absorb and redirect kinetic energy, meaning he is free to hit things as hard as he wants without worrying about shattering his own bones. His hood has a police radio and a built in flashlight for low-light situations.

Attributes

Strength Level: Normal Human, though by lessening the weight of an object he is touching, Noah can lift up to 40 tons.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 40 MPH.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3 hours

Agility: 20X Human level

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Trained

Resources: Average

Weaknesses: Despite his powers, Noah is still a 16 year old boy, and subject to all the squishiness that comes with it. His best bet is avoiding super strong opponents, and even a single bullet can seriously wound or even kill him.

Supporting Characters:
Connor Trent: Noah’s best friend since he was little. An exceptional athlete, he is now aware of his best friend's superhero identity.

Dani Smith: The girl Noah’s been in love with since fourth grade. Very smart and considers Noah a good friend.

Kate and Joseph Walker: Noah’s foster parents. They love him like their own son and are very supportive of everything he does, but are also strong moral compasses.

Michael Walker: Noah’s older foster brother, a huge science nerd who built a tesla coil when he was 14 because he was bored and there was instructions on the internet. Is now working at a high tech research facility, Galloway labs.

Lucy Walker: Noah's younger foster sister. The first to discover Keith was acrobat, Lucy often calms him down when he fears he’s over his head and is very level headed for a nine year old.

Caroline Daniels: Noah’s real mother. Their relationship has improved slightly but Noah is still angry at her for her earlier actions.

Charlie Daniels: Noah’s younger half-brother, and the only reason Keith goes to his mom’s every other weekend. Is four years old and a mid-functioning autistic.

The Guardians: Noah's personal heroes and role models, the Guardians have helped keep him focused an on track, as well as helped train him to be a little less incompetent.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Because I had a lot of fun with him in the last thread and want to bring him back.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Stuff. Awesome stuff.

Sample Post:

You have got to be kidding me... Noah thought to himself.

Twenty minutes into being a super-hero and he was already about to die. And not in a blaze of glory either - in a pathetic attempt to stop a bank robbery by some guy who had been kicked out of megalomanic academy for being too full of himself. And the professionals - Archangel, the Blue Blur...they made it look so easy.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" DeathRay shouted from below, and Keith could hear more shots of whatever kind of energy he created whizz through the air and eat through the ceiling. When Noah failed to respond he spoke again. "I'm tired of playing games, little boy. Come out now, or I start killing hostages."

Sonuvacrap.

Noah dropped to the floor from where he was hiding, his powers subconsciously slowing him down before he broke both his legs on the cold stone. "C'mon DeathRay," he said, putting both hands into the air. "I give. Just don't kill anyone."

"You see?" DeathRay shouted to the assembled crowd of hostages. "I knew he would surrender! No man can stand against the might of DeathRay!" He stalked towards Keith proudly, his hands glowing with more acidic green energy. "Now I'm going to teach you a lesson you'll never forget."

Noah's eyes widened and he began to back away - and then something that looked suspiciously like an expensive high heel hit DeathRay in the back of head.

"Get away from him you stupid freak!"

DeathRay spun to face the crowd, his face contorting in anger, and Noah took his opportunity. He felt his body get lighter, and as he pushed off the ground he shot towards DeathRay, slamming into his back like a human cannonball. DeathRay hit the ground with an oomf, and Noah brought his hand up, increasing the gravity around it tenfold. His fist dropped straight into DeathRay's face, and Noah heard a satisfying crack right before DeathRay fell unconscious.

"I am..." Noah said, struggling to his feet and panting heavily, "the man. That is all. Have a good day."

Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #116
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
Hello everyone. Real life kind of swamped for a while but I'm back now...ready to get back in the swing of things.

Character you have created: Noah Walker
Alias: Acrobat

Speech Color: Blue

Character Alignment: Hero

Identity: Secret

Character Personality: Noah is is a huge geek, especially when it comes to superheroes. He tends to be sort of hard to reach personality wise, because he’s shy and doesn’t make friends easily, but underneath all that is a kid who just wants to have friends and maybe make the world a better place while he’s at it.

He can also be very, very protective of people he considers his friends, and would do anything for them – even though he’s often terrified by his super-heroics, he keeps going, determined not to let anybody down.

In the six months since he started adventuring Noah has become much more outgoing, keeping up a stream of banter and insults at his opponents when he fights. He is constantly updating his twitter with both statuses and videos of his crime-fighting.

Uniform/costume:

Origin Info/Details: Noah’s mom was a strung out druggie who found herself pregnant at the ripe old age of 15. Desperate to get her hands on anything that could get her high, she signed up for an experimental and possibly slightly illegal medical treatment that involved taking several different shots of experimental chemicals. She continued the treatment until she could no longer hide her pregnancy, then stole as much of the stuff as she could and took off. When Noah was born he seemed to be completely normal, but was taken away from his mother and sent to a foster home.
Noah came to love his foster family, as he had never known any other, and refused to take his mother’s last name, even after a vicious custody battle between her (now clean) and his foster family. She gained visiting rights every other weekend and full custody over Noah’s autistic younger brother.
When he was 16, Noah discovered his unique abilities during a basketball game, where he made a slam dunk from the three point line. (over two defender’s heads) He attempted the secret hero act for a while but was eventually found out by his family, who surprised him by fully supporting his super-heroics, even if they were worried sick.

In the six months since being shot by STRIKE droids and meeting the Guardians, Noah has been far more active in the superhero community. He maintains contact with the Guardians but has not officially joined them, as he is too preoccupied with finding and shutting down the men who began the experiments that gave him his powers.

Hero Type: Acrobat (duh)

Power Level: City Level

Powers: Noah posses the ability to manipulate gravity, though at this point in time is only capable of manipulating his own (and anything touching him, depending on how large it is). He can make himself lighter or heavier, allowing for increased speed, incredible agility, and powerful blows. He can also change the direction gravity pulls on him, allowing him to walk up walls and across ceilings. At later dates he may also gain the power to affect Gravity around him, though he does not posses this ability at the moment.

With tech support from both the Guardians and his older brother Michael, (now working at Galloway Labs, a high tech research facility) Noah has gotten his hands on some technology that has helped him fight crime more effectively. His gloves and boots can absorb and redirect kinetic energy, meaning he is free to hit things as hard as he wants without worrying about shattering his own bones. His hood has a police radio and a built in flashlight for low-light situations.

Attributes

Strength Level: Normal Human, though by lessening the weight of an object he is touching, Noah can lift up to 40 tons.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 40 MPH.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3 hours

Agility: 20X Human level

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Trained

Resources: Average

Weaknesses: Despite his powers, Noah is still a 16 year old boy, and subject to all the squishiness that comes with it. His best bet is avoiding super strong opponents, and even a single bullet can seriously wound or even kill him.

Supporting Characters:
Connor Trent: Noah’s best friend since he was little. An exceptional athlete, he is now aware of his best friend's superhero identity.

Dani Smith: The girl Noah’s been in love with since fourth grade. Very smart and considers Noah a good friend.

Kate and Joseph Walker: Noah’s foster parents. They love him like their own son and are very supportive of everything he does, but are also strong moral compasses.

Michael Walker: Noah’s older foster brother, a huge science nerd who built a tesla coil when he was 14 because he was bored and there was instructions on the internet. Is now working at a high tech research facility, Galloway labs.

Lucy Walker: Noah's younger foster sister. The first to discover Keith was acrobat, Lucy often calms him down when he fears he’s over his head and is very level headed for a nine year old.

Caroline Daniels: Noah’s real mother. Their relationship has improved slightly but Noah is still angry at her for her earlier actions.

Charlie Daniels: Noah’s younger half-brother, and the only reason Keith goes to his mom’s every other weekend. Is four years old and a mid-functioning autistic.

The Guardians: Noah's personal heroes and role models, the Guardians have helped keep him focused an on track, as well as helped train him to be a little less incompetent.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Because I had a lot of fun with him in the last thread and want to bring him back.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Stuff. Awesome stuff.

Sample Post:

You have got to be kidding me... Noah thought to himself.

Twenty minutes into being a super-hero and he was already about to die. And not in a blaze of glory either - in a pathetic attempt to stop a bank robbery by some guy who had been kicked out of megalomanic academy for being too full of himself. And the professionals - Archangel, the Blue Blur...they made it look so easy.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" DeathRay shouted from below, and Keith could hear more shots of whatever kind of energy he created whizz through the air and eat through the ceiling. When Noah failed to respond he spoke again. "I'm tired of playing games, little boy. Come out now, or I start killing hostages."

Sonuvacrap.

Noah dropped to the floor from where he was hiding, his powers subconsciously slowing him down before he broke both his legs on the cold stone. "C'mon DeathRay," he said, putting both hands into the air. "I give. Just don't kill anyone."

"You see?" DeathRay shouted to the assembled crowd of hostages. "I knew he would surrender! No man can stand against the might of DeathRay!" He stalked towards Keith proudly, his hands glowing with more acidic green energy. "Now I'm going to teach you a lesson you'll never forget."

Noah's eyes widened and he began to back away - and then something that looked suspiciously like an expensive high heel hit DeathRay in the back of head.

"Get away from him you stupid freak!"

DeathRay spun to face the crowd, his face contorting in anger, and Noah took his opportunity. He felt his body get lighter, and as he pushed off the ground he shot towards DeathRay, slamming into his back like a human cannonball. DeathRay hit the ground with an oomf, and Noah brought his hand up, increasing the gravity around it tenfold. His fist dropped straight into DeathRay's face, and Noah heard a satisfying crack right before DeathRay fell unconscious.

"I am..." Noah said, struggling to his feet and panting heavily, "the man. That is all. Have a good day."
Approved, glad to have you back

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #117
Nicodemus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Thanks. it's good to be back.

Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #118
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

I'll have some posts up soon, I have a busy couple of days coming up, but I'll try to get something in.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #119
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Hey guys,

I just received some bad news and I might not be active for the next couple of days. I will try to get on for approvals and the like, but I don't think I'll be posting.

I just found out that a very good friend was killed early this afternoon and I have some things that I need to take care of. I'm going to try to get out there for the funeral, but I don't know that I'll be able to get there in time for it.

So just bear with me for a few days.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #120
sabetoonth
Who?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,364
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Create a Hero RPG SEASON IV Application

Character you have created: Elijah Tobias Stokes (I added the middle name just this season)
Alias: Inferno

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Tahoma, dark green, bold as Inferno

Character Alignment: Walking the Line(He's kind of brutal in beating down criminals)

Identity: Secret to the masses of the Earth, known to the demonic world

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):
Elijah in straightforward, when he goes to do something he does it, beat down a gang of thugs, rip through any obstacles to save people or preserve safety in what he sees as his city. And he doesn't pull his punches too often. He stays calm more often then not, but when he does loses his cool, becomes aggravated, it causes him to act and think more rashly. His catholic upbringing had instilled the base values of right and wrong. He tries to keep to himself to limit targets for his enemies, he knows there are entities among the demonic ranks who would use people against him for their own ends. Not that he avoids people entirely, he still needs to talk to people to operate in both his life and as a vigilante.

Uniform/costume:



Origin Info/Details:
Elijah Tobias Stokes is the son of a mortal woman and the devil. Yes, the devil, the great adversary. Satan. He never felt normal, never felt like the other kids or other people. What he didn't know was that he had dangerous power. Not only what he himself could do. But his blood should it spilled on the frozen lake in the ninth circle, will melt the ice and Lucifer will escape. He moved to New York and got a job as a journalist, which didn't last long after the Arlaaekean Invasion. He got fired. Then hired by the Museum of Natural History in NYC. While working the night shift the museum was broken into and there was an attempted robbery. Elijah tried stopping the thieves. But when he found himself facing a line of men armed with firearms, he blacked out after they fired and woke up in his apartment. Back at the museum, the bodies of the thieves were found in the most ghastly condition, one could say ground hamburger summed up the look of much of the remains. Since then Elijah:
-Has been hospitalized.
-Told his father was Satan
-Met the being who would become his mentor in the use of his powers: The Grim Reaper.
-Got a job so to speak running occasional errands for the Reaper's human alias who ran a moderately sized company.
-Became somewhat of an urban legend with a nasty reputation for beating and in cases maiming criminals he encountered.
-Got jumped by two demons named Lilith and Belial
-Got his ass beat by said demons
-Got his ass saved by The Grime Reaper while putting up a fight
-Was told he was part of a prophecy regarding the fate of the world, not the one about his blood. He still didn't know that one.
-Joined forces with Archangel and Cerberus to form the Prophets of the Unknown
-Went to hell
-Had his thoughts invaded by the cries for release of the damned souls in the frozen lake
-Shut out the voices in his head and engaged a fallen angel in one on one combat
-Beheaded said fallen angel
-Helped release Archangel Michael from Hell
-Helped fight Bath Kol in Heaven
-Got back to Earth and took a cab home
-Got chased by STRIKE drones
-Saved a woman from human trafficking ring
-Destroyed three STRIKE drones and saved a kid
-Left said woman at the cop shop
Since the end of the season Elijah has:
-Developed a working relationship with his friend Mitch's cousin who is an NYPD officer
-Looked into increasingly strange occult crimes.
-And he lost Grim
Hero Type (Select one):
Supernatural (Divine agents, Vampires, werewolves, Cosmic deities)

Power Level (Select one below):
2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific):

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: 60 Tons

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 70MPH

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 2 hrs

Agility: 10X

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Trained

Resources: Average

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character): If you are strong enough, if you can manage to take down the hood while he is in his demonic form Inferno goes berserk. It takes strength however of level exceeding 80 tons. It is Supernaturally gripped to his head.

Supporting Characters (Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):
Mitchell Laurence- Elijah's best friend, anymore he is his only friend. He still has his job at the newspaper the Burning Sun.
Sarah Stokes-Elijah's mother.
Jennifer Ferguson-Mitch's Police officer cousin, she doesn't know that Elijah and Inferno are the same person, but has met them both. Inferno multiple times over the past six months, he has a tendency to drop by her apartment to talk about what he's seen and vice versa in attempts to solve recent occult crimes.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I failed doodling the Darkness in 5th grade and the doodle became this character. And then I wrote a short story in 10th grade with him too.

What can you bring to the RPG?: A fire flinging, bat winged, violent cambion? And demons. There may also be pizza in it for ya.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Doi


Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):
(Still getting back into the writing groove, so its back to third person for me.)
Elijah flipped through a few pages of the book. Months ago, Many months ago it almost felt like it had to be a year, Grim disappeared and strange things started happening around the city. Not to mention he was always getting closer to shutting down that human trafficking ring he found out about right around the same time the disaster at the Guardians HQ occurred. He had started using both of his personas at first then simply fading his true self out of his investigation. Mostly. Just the way people tend to fade out of people's lives. But not quite entirely.

He had first come to Jen with the information he had, claiming to have gotten it from an old informant from his days as a journalist and he thought she should know. And then working a little more actively in the take down as Inferno. So far they only had very limited information on the heads of this thing. There's more than one, they are very feared by those who know who they are and wont talk out of said fear. What they know mostly had come from Inferno beating the less resilient into submission. Still, even with a reputation that over did his brutality, his swiftness. He was not getting much. And neither were the NYPD who were starting to pick up on having a vigilante doing the same thing they were.

The book wasn't being any help as he flipped through it and skim read. One of the goons had said something about "black magic voodoo hoodoo crap" and the lead was the maybe the best he had but that stuff cropped up all over this city through the entire history of it. There was no way of turning up a good solid lead from that intel.

"I see you next time you come looking for a strange old tings?" The shop owner, friendly old Russian called out to him. It wasn't a book shop that he had been in. Occult shop in downtown. Think of a toy store, but stocked with all things occult and supernatural. Not the media kind. Though plenty of people came through looking for that. Very little was dangerous. In the hands of someone who knew what they were doing.

"Uh...yeah." Snapping out of his trance of thought for a moment. "You know you will Al." His thoughts were not in the store as he threw up on his face a smile for the old Russian, he was trying to pull something together to go off of. He feels like he needs it. Inferno, if people know its him, could become more than an urban legend, he's not a figment of the imaginations of criminals who've been beat senseless. He's real. He is very real. As should be evidenced by the destruction caused when he was chased by the STRIKE drones. But well...New Yorkers. If it doesn't kill at least ten people and/or take out a whole city block they don't notice.

__________________
CC shops at hot topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630

Last edited by sabetoonth; 07-09-2012 at 03:30 PM.
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #121
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,184
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
Hey guys,

I just received some bad news and I might not be active for the next couple of days. I will try to get on for approvals and the like, but I don't think I'll be posting.

I just found out that a very good friend was killed early this afternoon and I have some things that I need to take care of. I'm going to try to get out there for the funeral, but I don't know that I'll be able to get there in time for it.

So just bear with me for a few days.
Beared with.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #122
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,184
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Create a Hero RPG SEASON IV Application


Character you have created: Elijah Tobias Stokes (I added the middle name just this season)
Alias: Inferno

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Tahoma, dark green, bold as Inferno

Character Alignment: Walking the Line(He's kind of brutal in beating down criminals)

Identity: Secret to the masses of the Earth, known to the demonic world

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):
Elijah in straightforward, when he goes to do something he does it, beat down a gang of thugs, rip through any obstacles to save people or preserve safety in what he sees as his city. And he doesn't pull his punches too often. He stays calm more often then not, but when he does loses his cool, becomes aggravated, it causes him to act and think more rashly. His catholic upbringing had instilled the base values of right and wrong. He tries to keep to himself to limit targets for his enemies, he knows there are entities among the demonic ranks who would use people against him for their own ends. Not that he avoids people entirely, he still needs to talk to people to operate in both his life and as a vigilante.

Uniform/costume:



Origin Info/Details:
Elijah Tobias Stokes is the son of a mortal woman and the devil. Yes, the devil, the great adversary. Satan. He never felt normal, never felt like the other kids or other people. What he didn't know was that he had dangerous power. Not only what he himself could do. But his blood should it spilled on the frozen lake in the ninth circle, will melt the ice and Lucifer will escape. He moved to New York and got a job as a journalist, which didn't last long after the Arlaaekean Invasion. He got fired. Then hired by the Museum of Natural History in NYC. While working the night shift the museum was broken into and there was an attempted robbery. Elijah tried stopping the thieves. But when he found himself facing a line of men armed with firearms, he blacked out after they fired and woke up in his apartment. Back at the museum, the bodies of the thieves were found in the most ghastly condition, one could say ground hamburger summed up the look of much of the remains. Since then Elijah:
-Has been hospitalized.
-Told his father was Satan
-Met the being who would become his mentor in the use of his powers: The Grim Reaper.
-Got a job so to speak running occasional errands for the Reaper's human alias who ran a moderately sized company.
-Became somewhat of an urban legend with a nasty reputation for beating and in cases maiming criminals he encountered.
-Got jumped by two demons named Lilith and Belial
-Got his ass beat by said demons
-Got his ass saved by The Grime Reaper while putting up a fight
-Was told he was part of a prophecy regarding the fate of the world, not the one about his blood. He still didn't know that one.
-Joined forces with Archangel and Cerberus to form the Prophets of the Unknown
-Went to hell
-Had his thoughts invaded by the cries for release of the damned souls in the frozen lake
-Shut out the voices in his head and engaged a fallen angel in one on one combat
-Beheaded said fallen angel
-Helped release Archangel Michael from Hell
-Helped fight Bath Kol in Heaven
-Got back to Earth and took a cab home
-Got chased by STRIKE drones
-Saved a woman from human trafficking ring
-Destroyed three STRIKE drones and saved a kid
-Left said woman at the cop shop
Since the end of the season Elijah has:
-Developed a working relationship with his friend Mitch's cousin who is an NYPD officer
-Looked into increasingly strange occult crimes.
-And he lost Grim
Hero Type (Select one):
Supernatural (Divine agents, Vampires, werewolves, Cosmic deities)

Power Level (Select one below):
2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific):

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: 60 Tons

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 70MPH

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 2 hrs

Agility: 10X

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Trained

Resources: Average

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character): If you are strong enough, if you can manage to take down the hood while he is in his demonic form Inferno goes berserk. It takes strength however of level exceeding 80 tons. It is Supernaturally gripped to his head.

Supporting Characters (Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):
Mitchell Laurence- Elijah's best friend, anymore he is his only friend. He still has his job at the newspaper the Burning Sun.
Sarah Stokes-Elijah's mother.
Jennifer Ferguson-Mitch's Police officer cousin, she doesn't know that Elijah and Inferno are the same person, but has met them both. Inferno multiple times over the past six months, he has a tendency to drop by her apartment to talk about what he's seen and vice versa in attempts to solve recent occult crimes.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I failed doodling the Darkness in 5th grade and the doodle became this character. And then I wrote a short story in 10th grade with him too.

What can you bring to the RPG?: A fire flinging, bat winged, violent cambion? And demons. There may also be pizza in it for ya.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Doi


Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):
(Still getting back into the writing groove, so its back to third person for me.)
Elijah flipped through a few pages of the book. Months ago, Many months ago it almost felt like it had to be a year, Grim disappeared and strange things started happening around the city. Not to mention he was always getting closer to shutting down that human trafficking ring he found out about right around the same time the disaster at the Guardians HQ occurred. He had started using both of his personas at first then simply fading his true self out of his investigation. Mostly. Just the way people tend to fade out of people's lives. But not quite entirely.

He had first come to Jen with the information he had, claiming to have gotten it from an old informant from his days as a journalist and he thought she should know. And then working a little more actively in the take down as Inferno. So far they only had very limited information on the heads of this thing. There's more than one, they are very feared by those who know who they are and wont talk out of said fear. What they know mostly had come from Inferno beating the less resilient into submission. Still, even with a reputation that over did his brutality, his swiftness. He was not getting much. And neither were the NYPD who were starting to pick up on having a vigilante doing the same thing they were.

The book wasn't being any help as he flipped through it and skim read. One of the goons had said something about "black magic voodoo hoodoo crap" and the lead was the maybe the best he had but that stuff cropped up all over this city through the entire history of it. There was no way of turning up a good solid lead from that intel.

"I see you next time you come looking for a strange old tings?" The shop owner, friendly old Russian called out to him. It wasn't a book shop that he had been in. Occult shop in downtown. Think of a toy store, but stocked with all things occult and supernatural. Not the media kind. Though plenty of people came through looking for that. Very little was dangerous. In the hands of someone who knew what they were doing.

"Uh...yeah." Snapping out of his trance of thought for a moment. "You know you will Al." His thoughts were not in the store as he threw up on his face a smile for the old Russian, he was trying to pull something together to go off of. He feels like he needs it. Inferno, if people know its him, could become more than an urban legend, he's not a figment of the imaginations of criminals who've been beat senseless. He's real. He is very real. As should be evidenced by the destruction caused when he was chased by the STRIKE drones. But well...New Yorkers. If it doesn't kill at least ten people and/or take out a whole city block they don't notice.
Approved.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #123
sabetoonth
Who?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,364
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Wait we've given the Aussie that power now?



__________________
CC shops at hot topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #124
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,184
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Wait we've given the Aussie that power now?


I can also absolve sins, stamp parking, provide access to the President, marry people off and under certain strict conditions send people to the Phantom Zone.

However, like all employees, they still don't tell me the combination to the safe.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #125
sabetoonth
Who?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,364
Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

I feel I can sleep easier knowing this

__________________
CC shops at hot topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.