The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

Wah-Wah, classic Marvel with a less than what it could have been final battle....oh well hasn't stopped me from loving any of their previous films...just kinda sucks the grande finale is often the worst part of the movie

DMB #41
Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #27
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

I was listening to KROQ's morning crew Kevin & Bean today, and they have their Hollywood guy Ralph Garman giving away an advance screening pass and Q&A with director Joss Whedon for April 14th. I'm very jealous that someone had won the ticket, but unfortunately I was driving so I couldn't call in to win the ticket.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Word has it the UK audience who recently saw a final cut of The Avengers loved it. No dull moments and very character driven. The highlights regarding action were Thor and Hulk. Very emotional performances from RDJ and Evans. Hiddleston's Loki trumps his turn in Thor. Only negative thing I've heard is that they final battle could have been a bit longer. The after credits scene is the longest one of any MS film yet.
That sounds fantastic! But I guess it is way too late for Whedon to add another 5-10 minutes to the final battle scene, is it?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Word has it the UK audience who recently saw a final cut of The Avengers loved it. No dull moments and very character driven. The highlights regarding action were Thor and Hulk. Very emotional performances from RDJ and Evans. Hiddleston's Loki trumps his turn in Thor. Only negative thing I've heard is that they final battle could have been a bit longer. The after credits scene is the longest one of any MS film yet.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #30
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
That sounds fantastic! But I guess it is way too late for Whedon to add another 5-10 minutes to the final battle scene, is it?
Well the final battle isn't the final scene. From how he made it sound there's still plenty of story after the battle is over. No complaints about how the film itself ended.

As for the final cut, yes it's done. Cut, printed and pending distribution.

Also, he's a long time Marvel fan and he said the movie is FILLED with Easter Eggs so keep your eyes open.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #31
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Didn't you hear from Poni_Boy earlier? Cap and Iron Man fight each other at the end and it sets up the next movie.

- CM Punk
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #32
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Didn't you hear from Poni_Boy earlier? Cap and Iron Man fight each other at the end and it sets up the next movie.
Oh god, this again

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #33
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh god, this again

Not true?

DMB #41
Old 04-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #34
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It is true. But then no one believed Poni_Boy so he passed it off as an April Fool's joke and went with that so we'd be surprised once we saw it.

The big final battle of the movie is between Cap and Iron Man. Poni_Boy's sources are trusted sources since they broke the Joss Whedon announcement to Poni_Boy around the same time in 2010.

- CM Punk
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #35
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
Wah-Wah, classic Marvel with a less than what it could have been final battle....oh well hasn't stopped me from loving any of their previous films...just kinda sucks the grande finale is often the worst part of the movie
Noone said it was the worst part, just that they would have liked it to be longer. But I too am disappointed to hear that. You really want that final action spectacle to cause your audience to leave the thaetre fully satisfied.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #36
T"Challa
Side-Kick

RIM said he was perfectly fine with the way the final battle played out

Old 04-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #37
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It is true. But then no one believed Poni_Boy so he passed it off as an April Fool's joke and went with that so we'd be surprised once we saw it.

The big final battle of the movie is between Cap and Iron Man. Poni_Boy's sources are trusted sources since they broke the Joss Whedon announcement to Poni_Boy around the same time in 2010.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
RIM said he was perfectly fine with the way the final battle played out
I'm sure I will be too. I don't particularly like long, drawn out action scenes. The final battles in Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Thor were the perfect length IMO

Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #39
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well the final battle isn't the final scene. From how he made it sound there's still plenty of story after the battle is over. No complaints about how the film itself ended.

As for the final cut, yes it's done. Cut, printed and pending distribution.

Also, he's a long time Marvel fan and he said the movie is FILLED with Easter Eggs so keep your eyes open.

Any criticsms of the VFX? That's a bit of a worry for me.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #40
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Any criticsms of the VFX? That's a bit of a worry for me.
He didn't say. I didn't ask.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #41
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
I'm sure I will be too. I don't particularly like long, drawn out action scenes. The final battles in Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Thor were the perfect length IMO
Now that you mentioned it, I have had some problem with all the final battles in these movies, particularly IM2 (with that weak fight scene against Varko/Whiplash). However, neither IM nor Thor's final battles really distract me from the quality of both movies, but I want TA to be the best and the most memorable. I guess I'll just have to wait and see it for myself.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #42
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
@RIMRises Is the final battle satisfying in your opinion? Heard some people saying it was a bit too short

I'm not complaining. Loved it & found it more exciting, than every other climatic encounter in MCU.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #43
Nova2113
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree here... Like the long battle at the end of TF3 started to ridiculous to me. I like my fights to make some sense and not being prolonged just to do it

Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #44
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

I'm not on twitter so could someone ask RIM about the amount of Hulk screentime please .

Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #45
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova2113 View Post
I agree here... Like the long battle at the end of TF3 started to ridiculous to me. I like my fights to make some sense and not being prolonged just to do it
It felt like it was mostly buildings being knocked over, without much fighting

Old 04-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #46
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Yep yep. Fight scenes regardless of the scale should be brutal and efficient like in the real world.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #47
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

I enjoyed the mindless action of the TF3 while I was in the theater, but I can't remember a single detail of it now. It was too long and OTT for any of it to stick with me.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #48
Nova2113
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It felt like it was mostly buildings being knocked over, without much fighting
Yea that and Prime flying into power lines like a fly going into a spider web... I actually screamed "really?!?!" in the movie theater

Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #49
The Morningstar
Banned User

It wasn't Poni Boy who said that, it was Ultimatehero or whatever his name was.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #50
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Yea that and Prime flying into power lines like a fly going into a spider web... I actually screamed "really?!?!" in the movie theater
The best battle scene in TF trilogy is still the one in ROTF where Prime was taking on Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout in the forest. But now I know why Optimus Prime's initial is O.P., because he is clearly overpowered in the movies.

Closed Thread