The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #51
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

I hated everything in the Transformers 3 action sequences. Nothing made sense and all the good stuff happened offscreen. Autobots getting captured. Optimus getting free and getting his flight tech.

Optimus gets nearly destroyed by Sentinel, saved by Megatron, and then Optimus destroys Megatron. Bleh.

- CM Punk
Old 04-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #52
The Morningstar
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

Yea the end of Megatron was such an anti climax. The only really memorable part of the final battle was that bit where Optimus goes crazy and takes down like 10 Decepticons and Shockwave.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #53
Nova2113
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Yep yep. Fight scenes regardless of the scale should be brutal and efficient like in the real world.
Definitely brotha.... To me its about the strategy and execution. Its 6 versus and army (knowing SHIELD has there back) they should be trying to take out the source as quickly as possible.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #54
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
The best battle scene in TF trilogy is still the one in ROTF where Prime was taking on Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout in the forest. But now I know why Optimus Prime's initial is O.P., because he is clearly overpowered in the movies.
Hahaha

Old 04-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #55
Nova2113
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I enjoyed the mindless action of the TF3 while I was in the theater, but I can't remember a single detail of it now. It was too long and OTT for any of it to stick with me.
Oh I love some mindless a** kicking also.. I mean I was crazy person watching the expendables. A lot of mindless action in there

It just killed me watching the group getting captured and the other stuck in powerlines cause he can't fly for ****. While the humans (army) saved them

its like if the Hulk locked himself in a closet by accident and the everyone else got caught while the army and nypd rescued them. I'd be like aawww come on

Old 04-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #56
Nova2113
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
The best battle scene in TF trilogy is still the one in ROTF where Prime was taking on Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout in the forest. But now I know why Optimus Prime's initial is O.P., because he is clearly overpowered in the movies.
Hahaha

That's was a good scene

Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #57
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Avengers: showing Michael Bay how a battle for earth is really fought.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #58
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova2113 View Post
I agree here... Like the long battle at the end of TF3 started to ridiculous to me. I like my fights to make some sense and not being prolonged just to do it
I actually really liked TF3 so maybe right there tells you all you need to know about me....but...

I think where TF3 went right is the kept doing new crap in the sequence. it starts out normal TF fighting then it goes to the parachute bomber sequence (which for my money is the single best action/stunt/visual seqeunce ever) and then it goes to that brilliant snake drilling the skyscrapper madness.

I think where most of the Marvel movies fall short is they just kinda do a pretty "stock" big finale fight and don't put any real imagination into it.

it's probably a good thing, but in Marvel movies I would say "if they put half as much effort into the action as they did the characters they would be unbelievable movies.' which is funny because most action movies the company line is "if they put half as much effort into the story as they did the action the movie would be unbelievable."

Avengers has potential to offer some of the most unique fight sequences in one single movie due to the nature of all our different hereos....I will be dissapointed if they don't take advantage of that and give us something unique....length is not the end of the world...but a final battle can certainly be too short

DMB #41
Old 04-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #59
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Word has it the UK audience who recently saw a final cut of The Avengers loved it. No dull moments and very character driven. The highlights regarding action were Thor and Hulk. Very emotional performances from RDJ and Evans. Hiddleston's Loki trumps his turn in Thor. Only negative thing I've heard is that they final battle could have been a bit longer. The after credits scene is the longest one of any MS film yet.
Thor and Hulk being the highlights regarding the action is perfect, I'm not putting much stock into the "final battle could've been longer" thing because they probably expect something like TF3.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #60
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I don't think the length of it will affect its epicness. If it's epic, it's epic.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #61
Nova2113
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
I actually really liked TF3 so maybe right there tells you all you need to know about me....but...

I think where TF3 went right is the kept doing new crap in the sequence. it starts out normal TF fighting then it goes to the parachute bomber sequence (which for my money is the single best action/stunt/visual seqeunce ever) and then it goes to that brilliant snake drilling the skyscrapper madness.

I think where most of the Marvel movies fall short is they just kinda do a pretty "stock" big finale fight and don't put any real imagination into it.

it's probably a good thing, but in Marvel movies I would say "if they put half as much effort into the action as they did the characters they would be unbelievable movies.' which is funny because most action movies the company line is "if they put half as much effort into the story as they did the action the movie would be unbelievable."

Avengers has potential to offer some of the most unique fight sequences in one single movie due to the nature of all our different hereos....I will be dissapointed if they don't take advantage of that and give us something unique....length is not the end of the world...but a final battle can certainly be too short
I can agree with what you said.... I just felt the autobots didn't put up that great of a fight except for Prime.... Which was a consistent theme in the series... But I do think the soldier's actions were cool as ****... Just thought the robots on the good side was lacking. But you make valid points.

I'm looking forward to the movie and the action scenes... I think they will surprise us. Can't wait!!

Last edited by Nova2113; 04-05-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #62
Khemik@L
MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Cool! I'm the one that asked him that question. Chewy you on twitter?

FOR IF THE WAY YOUR POWER IS USED IS DICTATED TO YOU BY YOUR SELFISH EMOTIONS ARE YOU NOT A SPECTATOR? BUT IF YOU DICTATE YOUR INTENDED ACTIONS TO YOUR SELFISH EMOTIONS ARE YOU NOT THE ENFORCER?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #63
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I think there will be much more screenings in the next two weeks, so we might get some more confirmation about our questions about the movie soon.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #64
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

There's going to be a post-credits scene?A hint of Avengers 2 or something for CA2 or what???

Old 04-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #65
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

No the post-credits scene is Cap vs. Iron Man which is why it is so long.

Per Poni_Boy

- CM Punk
Old 04-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #66
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Why not just have that scene in the full movie?

Old 04-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #67
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Longest after credit scene yet?! :Awesome:

All I know is if I have work that day in the afternoon...I will be the happiest there that I've ever been.

To co-worker: Hey man...guess what I just got back from?
Co-Worker: What?
Me:... The Avengers! Saw a screening in the city!
Co-Worker: ... you bastard!
(Walks away with trolling attitude)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #68
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

LuisTX, I was just joking around. I was calling back to an April Fool's joke from Poni_Boy that had some people going for a bit.

- CM Punk
Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #69
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Word has it the UK audience who recently saw a final cut of The Avengers loved it. No dull moments and very character driven. The highlights regarding action were Thor and Hulk. Very emotional performances from RDJ and Evans. Hiddleston's Loki trumps his turn in Thor. Only negative thing I've heard is that they final battle could have been a bit longer. The after credits scene is the longest one of any MS film yet.
This sounds great. Thor and Hulk should be able to pull off the most spectacular things and it can't be better when the character driven story is put ahead of action sequences.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #70
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

How do we know that the final battle is the battle in the city? The final battle is probably just them against loki or... something more

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 04-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #71
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
LuisTX, I was just joking around. I was calling back to an April Fool's joke from Poni_Boy that had some people going for a bit.
Oh lol oops!

Old 04-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #72
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

IF RDJ gives an emotional performance..I wonder IF it's in a conversation with Steve where he talks about Tony's father!?

Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #73
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I'm pretty sure that was UltimateHero or something like that. Not poni

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 04-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #74
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
How do we know that the final battle is the battle in the city? The final battle is probably just them against loki or... something more
Exactly, that was my thinking aswell.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #75
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It might've been UltimateHero. I think I get them mixed up because Poni_Boy does some "insider" stuff on here too.

- CM Punk
Closed Thread