The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #76
mclay18
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

Whoever sees a 3D version at the screening and reports back here, please give your honest opinions about the conversion. I know the CGI-heavy scenes will look good in 3D and that the producers definitely took their time... but be honest.

I'm torn whether wanting to see the 3D version, after being burned on the lackluster CA conversion.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #77
alexlachiusa
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

I asked RIM about the 3D and he said it was "Okay".

Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #78
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

NYC is going to be in IMAX 3D apparently...hopefully it doesn't hurt the experience!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #79
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
NYC is going to be in IMAX 3D apparently...hopefully it doesn't hurt the experience!
You going to the screening next Saturday?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #80
Spideyfan93

Yessir...aiming to be there between 7 and 8. That better be early enough haha

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #81
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Yessir...aiming to be there between 7 and 8. That better be early enough haha
Nice! See ya there

BTW since the event is my reservation/ticket only you really don't have to worry about being there TOO early. Unless you absolutely have to sit with the person you're going with you can even get there 30 minutes before showtime

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #82
Spideyfan93

I have the paper Disney mailed me confirming the reservation. Wait so I don't have to be there until an hour before?!

Think it'd be safe to be there by at least 9 though. In case they over booked and everything. Don't want to be sorry you know.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #83
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
I have the paper Disney mailed me confirming the reservation. Wait so I don't have to be there until an hour before?!

Think it'd be safe to be there by at least 9 though. In case they over booked and everything. Don't want to be sorry you know.
It's by ticket only. It doesn't matter if someone waits in line the day before, if he doesn't have a ticket he won't get in UNTIL every ticketed person does.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #84
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:

I plan to show up an hour and a half before time..i want a good seat

Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #85
Spideyfan93

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I plan to show up an hour and a half before time..i want a good seat

Boom, you nailed it! But that's good to know! Don't want to be caught in one of the front rows for an IMAX 3D movie...seats in the upper deck would be nice.

Thanks for letting me know Poni appreciate it! We were planning on leaving for the 5:30 train to get to the theater at 7 haha!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #86
eeffos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Nice! See ya there

BTW since the event is my reservation/ticket only you really don't have to worry about being there TOO early. Unless you absolutely have to sit with the person you're going with you can even get there 30 minutes before showtime
Pony_Boy, will you be able to give us specific spoilers after you watch it or will you be under an embargo?
Sure hope you will be free to answer specific questions but will understand if you can't.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #87
ToilesHeroiques
Side-Kick

Press projection in France : 04/12...

Less than a week. This will the best press projection of my life

Old 04-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #88
MOVIELORD101
GOJIRA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone going to the NYC fan screening next Saturday? I'll be arriving there just before 9 AM, and I was wondering if we could do a meet-up!

PSN: halo101
Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #89
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVIELORD101 View Post
Is there anyone going to the NYC fan screening next Saturday? I'll be arriving there just before 9 AM, and I was wondering if we could do a meet-up!
Spidey and I will be there (separately). I'll be the guy wearing a superhero shirt. I'm sure I'll be easy to spot

Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #90
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

I'm just wondering..with all the prescreens before the domestic release do you have to sign a wavier stating you wont relieve any of the plot of the film? and what happens if you do??? I've always wonder how most films are premeried atleast a week or two befoe the release but nonthing ( or i cnt find ) any spoilers on the film ...

Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #91
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeffos View Post
Pony_Boy, will you be able to give us specific spoilers after you watch it or will you be under an embargo?
Sure hope you will be free to answer specific questions but will understand if you can't.
Tomorrow's screening is under NDA. Next week's isn't. You'll start seeing tons of reviews posted on the 14th.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #92
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'm tempted to go for the 3D showing (if there is one at my local cinema). Even if it's not the best, I can always see it again in 2D and when I get the DVD it's going to be 2D anyway.

Which reminds me. Avatar was on the tv the other day, I didn't watch it all (taped it though), but I did catch the opening five minutes. Man it felt weird seeing it in 2D. lol

Quote:
Spidey and I will be there (separately). I'll be the guy wearing a superhero shirt. I'm sure I'll be easy to spot
I literally lol'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I hated everything in the Transformers 3 action sequences. Nothing made sense and all the good stuff happened offscreen. Autobots getting captured. Optimus getting free and getting his flight tech.

Optimus gets nearly destroyed by Sentinel, saved by Megatron, and then Optimus destroys Megatron. Bleh.
Still, you're looking forward to Ninja Alien Turtles, right?

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #93
Spideyfan93

I'll have a video review up for all to see by Monday the 16th. You can guarantee I'll be geeking out.

And of course I'll write an extended written review here.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #94
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'll have a video review up for all to see by Monday the 16th. You can guarantee I'll be geeking out.

And of course I'll write an extended written review here.
Good lookin out!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #95
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Tomorrow's screening is under NDA. Next week's isn't. You'll start seeing tons of reviews posted on the 14th.

Can you give us a one word review afterwards? Like "Awesome," "Adequate," "Awful," etc.? Whether you loved or hated it is more important than the details, for me at least.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #96
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

I'll find a way to let you guys know how I felt about it

Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #97
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
That will be much appreciated, even if you have to use Morse code or smoke signals.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #98
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #99
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
More like

Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #100
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Don't worry I'll PM you about a few things I want to know.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Closed Thread