The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

You know what guys?

**** it. The Avengers is coming out, Cap's "Goofy" suit or not, he's a part of the freakin movie. With this epicness happening, as far as I am concerned, every damn character is going to look great in their suit. In the end, I won't be complaining about any of the costumes at all. Its alllll good. Keep Cap's suit the way it is, no problem, this movie is too, big, for the costumes to not be good. Just the fact that the movie is happening makes every costume great in my eyes, in the end.

Get my point?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Chewy
REDACTED

Love that new thread smell

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

oh hello thread manager, fancy seeing you around

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Love that new thread smell
*sniffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post
I love that 85 people are watching us ***** about Cap's suit.
Actually I think our conversation is going rather smoothly, compared to past events. I don't think anybody has gotten into b***ing territory.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Actually I think our conversation is going rather smoothly, compared to past events. I don't think anybody has gotten into b***ing territory.
Yup

Old 04-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

*Knocks on wood*

Old 04-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
lol, I can only imagine the overall fan outrage if they were to show Captain America in a SS suit instead of Cap suit. There was such an outcry before TFA when that suit came out, because it wasn't close to the actual Cap suit, image out much the general fandom would complain. Again, they are two different characters. Steve Rodgers by himself, is a different character then when he is Captain America. This is why he has a different suit. Caps comic history has several instances where he dons a different suit and sets aside Captain America for various reasons. But each time, there is a reason for it. "Realism" is never one of those reasons. Let's not forget this is a comic book character.
This looks incredibly real to me which is pretty much (along with Evans' casting) the reason I went to see Captain America.

Prior to seeing Evans as Rogers and in the costume above, I had zero hopes for the idea of Captain America as a live-action film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Well it's not greenlit yet. MS only greenlights two films at a time due to budgetary restrictions. When/if Avengers brings in the money they'll probably upgrade that to four
Cap made enough Domestically to warrant a sequel. Had it not, I'd be singin' a different tune.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Cap made enough Domestically to warrant a sequel. Had it not, I'd be singin' a different tune.
Yes that's true it does warrant it, but I'm stating the realism to MS' production schedule. People tend to get ahead of themselves

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
This looks incredibly real to me which is pretty much (along with Evans' casting) the reason I went to see Captain America.

Prior to seeing Evans as Rogers and in the costume above, I had zero hopes for the idea of Captain America as a live-action film.

Yep, I was refering to his "comic" history as I mentioned in that post.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

The costume in TFA was one of the reasons the movie worked. It was realistic enough to not be as silly as the comic counterpart (which was perfectly spoofed in the film), and worked for Captain America to have the poster boy/mascot/symbol iconography as well as being functional for his fights in the war.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Excuse my hyperbole.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
The costume in TFA was one of the reasons the movie worked. It was realistic enough to not be as silly as the comic counterpart (which was perfectly spoofed in the film), and worked for Captain America to have the poster boy/mascot/symbol iconography as well as being functional for his fights in the war.
Let's not forget all the pre-film consternation about it looking like a puffy quilt

Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #16
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

RE: The helmet issue. There really is no need for cap to wear one, especially since neither HAwkeye or BW wear them and they are both more susceptible to injury. Most specialized combat units don't even wear ballistic helmets anyway as they are heavy, cause neck/back injury, and restrict both movement and line of sight. That's why back in the early 90's the military began authorizing advanced tactical units to enter extreme environments with nothing more than hockey helmets for protection against falls or errant debris

The helmet is iconic, yes, but if it doesn't look good then the costume designer and producers need to change it or remove it for future films.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Yes that's true it does warrant it, but I'm stating the realism to MS' production schedule. People tend to get ahead of themselves
Hey, I didn't even like the first movie

I just want a Cap sequel that's so good I won't even care about the first film. I'm starting to lose hope though with those ******** director choices the studio is lookin' to hire.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Let's not forget all the pre-film consternation about it looking like a puffy quilt
and all the complaints about how off it was from the traditional suit.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
Endeavor

Quote:
Excuse my hyperbole.
Consider yourself excused.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think they should all wear chain mail armour

Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #21
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
You don't say?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #22
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Wait, shouldn't Mercurious be here to tell us why Cap must have protruding wings?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
Endeavor

Quote:

I just want a Cap sequel that's so good I won't even care about the first film. I'm starting to lose hope though with those ******** director choices the studio is lookin' to hire.
Who's in the running?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Who's in the running?
One decent choice, three quizzical ones: George Nolfi (writer-director of The Adjustment Bureau), F. Gary Gray (The Italian Job) and duo Anthony and Joseph Russo (NBC's Community)

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/0...rica-sequel-sh

Old 04-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
Endeavor

Quote:
Wait, shouldn't Mercurious be here to tell us why Cap must have protruding wings?
I tought I taw a puddy cat

Closed Thread