The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #51
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
there was a trampoline at the bottom
it all makes sense now

Old 04-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #52
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
You know what guys?

**** it. The Avengers is coming out, Cap's "Goofy" suit or not, he's a part of the freakin movie. With this epicness happening, as far as I am concerned, every damn character is going to look great in their suit. In the end, I won't be complaining about any of the costumes at all. Its alllll good. Keep Cap's suit the way it is, no problem, this movie is too, big, for the costumes to not be good. Just the fact that the movie is happening makes every costume great in my eyes, in the end.

Get my point?

Got it! And I agree.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #53
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Here we go with Mr. Sensitivity.

NEWS FLASH: There are alot of people here who didn't like Captain America and there's nothing wrong with that.
Mr. Sensitivity. Nice one. *slow clap*

Old 04-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #54
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
Ambiguous how though?

He fell. A long way. Augmented or not, even Steve would have been killed in that fall.

Not to pick apart your point...I just need clarification haha.
There was a body of water in the direction where he was falling. If he fell in deep enough water and was frozen for decades, he could have survived just like Cap did.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #55
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Ambiguous how though?

He fell. A long way. Augmented or not, even Steve would have been killed in that fall.

Not to pick apart your point...I just need clarification haha.
What's left ambiguous is if Zola experimented on him. If they would have shown that then it would have had to be addressed in the film.

And, sure, that fall would kill anyone in the real world. But in the movie verse Bucky could have hit the water (again, unrealistic in the real world) and wouldn't need to survive with anything more than a faint heart rate if they go an alternate WS route and completely reconstruct his body with cybernetics.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #56
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
As many faults as I found with the first film (all in the second half), a Cap sequel before The Avengers would neither make sense nor would it have fit into MS' production schedule until Avengers was coming out next year.
But see that's the problem, it became storytelling vs. logistics and that never shoulda been the case.

An origin picture can't be rushed. It needs to be about the hero and the hero alone. There can be no other agenda.

IM1 got that right as did the original cut of TIH.

With Cap, they stuffed 2 movies into 1. It became "let's introduce Steve wonderfully and hope nobody notices that once he's in the suit we're just gonna fast forward to getting him frozen so we can get to work on The Avengers."

It shoulda been done right, the character needed a sequel to develop, to show us why he's a living legend.

I didn't get that message from watching Johnston's film and neither did most of the GA. Comics fans know he's a legend because we've seen him do iconic things on the page. Non-comic readers just saw the "first" Avenger.

I can guarantee you, that had Cap been done right, the Domestic BO woulda been well over $200 Million.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #57
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Re: helmets, note that both Black Widow and Hawkeye have roles and skills that have them sneaking around and avoiding direct attack a lot. And when actually confronted. . . well, here's the thing: a helmet might protect against a glancing bullet or a piece of shrapnel. Its not going to do anything if a superhuman punches you, or an alien shoots a weapon that can blow through tanks at you, or a demigod decides to explode your entire vicinity.

I don't see helmets mattering so much for them, because in practice, they are going to need to dodge dodge dodge *anyway*.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #58
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'm just happy there's an Avengers trailer *puts hand up*

Old 04-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #59
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
When cap rescues him at the HYDRA base. Bucky is strapped to a table in Zolas office and is muttering nonsensical stuff to himself.
But that was before he fell

Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #60
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Thanks guys. I don't recall the body of water, so I'll have to rewatch. All I remember was snowy mountains and thinking 'damn'.

I think reconstructing his entire body would be the way to go...a fall like tht would seriously mess you up.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #61
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
This looks incredibly real to me which is pretty much (along with Evans' casting) the reason I went to see Captain America.

Prior to seeing Evans as Rogers and in the costume above, I had zero hopes for the idea of Captain America as a live-action film.

Cap made enough Domestically to warrant a sequel. Had it not, I'd be singin' a different tune.

Yes it did make enough to warrant a sequel, but the facts of the matter are this:

1: The sequel has not been greenlit as yet.

2: KF has twice in interviews that I have read hedged on whether there will be a CA:TFA sequel.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it will happen.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #62
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
There was a trampoline at the bottom
Yes, a Zola brand trampoline.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #63
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post
Mr. Sensitivity. Nice one. *slow clap*
Quit starting problems & stick to the matter at hand.

I replied to your earlier post:

Quote:
We coulda gotten CAP 2 before Avengers - hence an origin picture that wasn't rushed & a proper sequel to consolidate Captain America as a hero.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #64
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
I know...I'm sayin that's can be construed as the cause of his brainwashing/reprogramming as WS. The fall is what takes him out of action until being ressurrected in a Cap Sequel.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #65
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I love how this armada of people who didn't like CA:TFA and are vocal about it all have the same screen name...

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #66
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Yes it did make enough to warrant a sequel, but the facts of the matter are this:

2: KF has twice in interviews that I have read hedged on whether there will be a CA:TFA sequel.

Considering that Evans signed a 6 picture deal with Marvel, I'd say he's going to get a sequel of his own. They aren't going to keep him on only to star in Avenger movies.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #67
Endeavor

Quote:
The point is there's a likelihood he was being experimented on. If anything of what Zola was doing to him resembles the Erskine's super formula then you have a plausible explanation for him surviving the fall.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #68
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Don't worry. Zola brand trampolines are light and easy to transport and quick to reassemble.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #69
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I love how this armada of people who didn't like CA:TFA and are vocal about it all have the same screen name...
LOL!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #70
Endeavor

Zola is the sh!snit

Old 04-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #71
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post

I'll hate Feige even more if he doesn't greenlight a Cap sequel.

I WANT a good Captain America movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Let's not start the childish baiting that plagues these boards

You like Johnston's movie? GREAT. I respect your opinion.

I didn't like it. Respect mine, please.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #72
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

oh dear god. There is too much stuff going on here for me to get involved in. Its going too fast!!!

Imagine if we all met in real life? How would that go down 0.o

Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #73
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Considering that Evans signed a 6 picture deal with Marvel, I'd say he's going to get a sequel of his own. They aren't going to keep him on only to star in Avenger movies.
Variety is reporting that MS is activly searching for a director. So, yes. A sequel is happening

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #74
Endeavor

Come on guys lets not start the personal attacks again.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #75
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
oh dear god. There is too much stuff going on here for me to get involved in. Its going too fast!!!

Imagine if we all met in real life? How would that go down 0.o
It wouldn't be pretty, I believe.

Closed Thread