The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #76
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post
to be fair, it's only a select few who are adamant about it being a terrible film, and by select few i mean one person.
lmao.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #77
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Yes it did make enough to warrant a sequel, but the facts of the matter are this:

1: The sequel has not been greenlit as yet.

2: KF has twice in interviews that I have read hedged on whether there will be a CA:TFA sequel.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it will happen.
Marvel Studios don't have huge franchises like Spider-Man and X-Men to fall back on, and their biggest superheroes are IM, Thor, and Cap. There's no way they would pass on a sequel for Cap, when the first movie did very well and there's a big drop-off after their "Big Three". If they want to maintain their policy of releasing two movies per year, then Cap 2 will be greenlighted. It's just a matter of time.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #78
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

I wonder, how long after Avengers premiers, and is a success, will we start seeing reports of other MCU properties getting greenlit?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #79
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Quit starting problems & stick to the matter at hand.

I replied to your earlier post:
Says the person calling others names.

Anyway, I didn't feel the need to reply since Poni summed up my feelings.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #80
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Don't worry. Zola brand trampolines are light and easy to transport and quick to reassemble.
"Bucky!? But...you fell."

"You underestimated the power of Zolas trampolines, Steve."

Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #81
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here we go with Mr. Sensitivity.

NEWS FLASH: There are alot of people here who didn't like Captain America and there's nothing wrong with that.
Could you list them, please? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Just remember when you say "me, myself, and I", that still only counts as one.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #82
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
I wonder, how long after Avengers premiers, and is a success, will we start seeing reports of other MCU properties getting greenlit?
I'm sure it's their plan that a successful Avengers film will give them leeway to take some risks on the B and C-listers.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #83
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post
I'm sure it's their plan that a successful Avengers film will give them leeway to take some risks on the B and C-listers.
I think Doctor Strange has the most potential....him and Black Panther.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #84
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Marvel Studios don't have huge franchises like Spider-Man and X-Men to fall back on, and their biggest superheroes are IM, Thor, and Cap. There's no way they would pass on a sequel for Cap, when the first movie did very well and there's a big drop-off after their "Big Three". If they want to maintain their policy of releasing two movies per year, then Cap 2 will be greenlighted. It's just a matter of time.
Very true, I honestly can't see Marvel NOT green lighting a sequel to CA:TFA which was a successful and well received film.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #85
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Could you list them, please? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Just remember when you say "me, myself, and I", that still only counts as one.
This is exactly what you shouldn't be saying. Its called "baiting" and it serves no purpose.

Quote:
I want this now.

I also want an Iron Fist/Luke Cage movie greenlit along with a Submariner movie.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #86
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
I think Doctor Strange has the most potential....him and Black Panther.
Agree on both counts, but I'm hoping they go cosmic, too.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #87
Endeavor

Oh I fully expect them to greenlight Dr S and BP or maybe Namor or whatever, my question is how long after the Avengers premiers will we start seeing those reports?
A month? Weeks?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #88
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Guardians of the Galaxy would be cool too. But doctor Strange is no. 1 on my list...has been since the MCU started.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #89
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick

To all those that keep saying Hulk misses the second alien...look again.
There are three aliens, 1st one smashed, second one gets backhanded, and third punched. match up both clips to see; look at this slow mo...second alien is smashed for sure!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #90
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

A:EMH really wet my appetite for a Black Panther movie, it's definately in my top 3 films I want to see Marvel Studios release in the near future.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #91
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Oh I fully expect them to greenlight Dr S and BP or maybe Namor or whatever, my question is how long after the Avengers premiers will we start seeing those reports?
A month? Weeks?
I think its gonna be a while since CAP 2 still isn't a sure thing. Like Poni says, its 2 at a time for the studio.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #92
Endeavor

Quote:
I want this now.

That's a nice version of the Eye, but the Doc himself looks too old I think.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #93
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

They've already given us the 2013 schedule and it's most likely not by accident that they've announced the dates for the 2014 movies but not the movies themselves. It's likely that Avengers affects that.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #94
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'll hate Feige even more if he doesn't greenlight a Cap sequel.

I WANT a good Captain America movie.

Let's not start the childish baiting that plagues these boards

You like Johnston's movie? GREAT. I respect your opinion.

I didn't like it. Respect mine, please.

You got one, you just have odd tastes.

I respect other peoples right to have their opinions, not necessarily to respect those opinions. For an opinion to be respected that person must earn that respect.

You have not done anything to earn that respect.

In fact for months you have gone on and on about how terrible KF is with unsupported and warped info.

Poni Boy who is actually in showbiz media reporting and has inside contacts and info, completely destroyed every nonsensical argument you have made in your smear campaign against KF.

So respect very, very far away from being earned.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #95
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
I think its gonna be a while since CAP 2 still isn't a sure thing. Like Poni says, its 2 at a time for the studio.
Agreed. Marvel has always taken their time to put out these films and make them as good as they can.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #96
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
That's a nice version of the Eye, but the Doc himself looks too old I think.
Well, he was originally modeled after Vincent Price.

The actor who plays him really shouldn't be that young. Late 30s at the youngest.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #97
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post

I really hope so! I'm really looking forward to it.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #98
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
If it gets the opening numbers they're hoping for I'd say the week after May 4th we'll get a lengthy press release.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #99
Chewy
REDACTED

I want a Captain Marvel movie, and a Black Panther movie

Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #100
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Well, he was originally modeled after Vincent Price.

The actor who plays him really shouldn't be that young. Late 30s at the youngest.
*ahem*

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Closed Thread