The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #101
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
This is exactly what you shouldn't be saying. Its called "baiting" and it serves no purpose.

I want this now.

I also want an Iron Fist/Luke Cage movie greenlit along with a Submariner movie.
I am the complete opposite. I don't really want a Dr. Strange movie. More indifferent about it. But Namor, and Black Panther? I have zero interest in them whatsoever.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #102
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Well, he was originally modeled after Vincent Price.

The actor who plays him really shouldn't be that young. Late 30s at the youngest.
I agree. He can't be a 20 yr old spring chicken.
But the actor should be young enough to be able to do one or 2 sequels without looking like a grandpa by the time the second one rolls around.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #103
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I am the complete opposite. I don't really want a Dr. Strange movie. More indifferent about it. But Namor, and Black Panther? I have zero interest in them whatsoever.
How come? And what would you prefer instead?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #104
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Black Panther flick please.
After Cap and Avengers, that's the movie I've wanted to see.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #105
Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
If it gets the opening numbers they're hoping for I'd say the week after May 4th we'll get a lengthy press release.
That's what I'm hoping for

Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #106
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
You got one, you just have odd tastes.

I respect other peoples right to have their opinions, not necessarily to respect those opinions. For an opinion to be respected that person must earn that respect.

You have not done anything to earn that respect.

In fact for months you have gone on and on about how terrible KF is with unsupported and warped info.

Poni Boy who is actually in showbiz media reporting and has inside contacts and info, completely destroyed every nonsensical argument you have made in your smear campaign against KF.

So respect very, very far away from being earned.
Listen and listen well - because you clearly don't understand what "baiting" means.

The above post you made is one giant example of what baiting is.

You're lookin' to start an argument because you're bored or you get kicks out of being brave with people online. You need to stop that.

Also, Poni's thoughts on Feige don't have anything to do with my own. Its called "personal opinion". I can like or dislike something while others don't.

That's the whole point of online discussion. You're bound to disagree with people.

I have friends who worked on IM2 and hated working around Feige. That alone made me dislike the guy. Does that mean I'm gonna slam Poni now for liking the man? Nope. Not at all.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #107
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I want a Captain Marvel movie, and a Black Panther movie
You know what would be cool? If when they introduce Captain Marvel he looked human but with shocking white hair, then when/if they have Carol Danvers absorb his power her hair turns the same color. Small visual queues like that always make me happy when executed well on film

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #108
Endeavor

Quote:
I think its gonna be a while since CAP 2 still isn't a sure thing. Like Poni says, its 2 at a time for the studio.
I'm not talking about what year will the movie be released, I'm talking about when will they announce the project as being greenlit.
Poni just answered.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #109
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
A:EMH really wet my appetite for a Black Panther movie, it's definately in my top 3 films I want to see Marvel Studios release in the near future.

BLACK PANTHER is a character IMO that has tremendous potential for a great movie on all fronts.

From an action spectacle pov an acrobatic fighter like him in jungle/forest terrain going up against a squad of foreign mercenaries and/or tribal warrior could be beyond epic in the rights hands.

From a thematic pov there are so many solid ones: third world exploitation of natural resources by foreign powers, isolationism vs foreign integration, the educated son returning to influence a traditionalist culture, etc.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #110
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
A solo Namor film I jsut don't see working (even though he's my fav Marvel character). But having him as the villain in Avengers 2 or 3 I would absolutely love.

Have you seen Marvel's animated Dr. Strange movie? That would be amazing in live action.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #111
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
*ahem*

Oded's a good choice, just worried about the accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
I agree. He can't be a 20 yr old spring chicken.
But the actor should be young enough to be able to do one or 2 sequels without looking like a grandpa by the time the second one rolls around.
I'm thinkin' someone along the lines of RDJ's age in IM1. He needs to be weathered. Same goes for Reed Richards in the FF reboot. Guy's supposed to be at least 50.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #112
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Listen and listen well - because you clearly don't understand what "baiting" means.

The above post you made is one giant example of what baiting is.

You're lookin' to start an argument because you're bored or you get kicks out of being brave with people online. You need to stop that.

Also, Poni's thoughts on Feige don't have anything to do with my own. Its called "personal opinion". I can like or dislike something while others don't.

That's the whole point of online discussion. You're bound to disagree with people.

I have friends who worked on IM2 and hated working around Feige. That alone made me dislike the guy. Does that mean I'm gonna slam Poni now for liking the man? Nope. Not at all.

This is not baiting. I'm simply telling you that you have not earned any respect to in turn warrant respecting your opinion.

So called baiting aside could you please list all the great number of people here who, according to you, did not like CA:TFA?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #113
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Here's what I want: Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Runaways, Black Panther.

Well, that and the already-established heroes.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #114
Endeavor

Quote:
A solo Namor film I jsut don't see working (even though he's my fav Marvel character). But having him as the villain in Avengers 2 or 3 I would absolutely love.

Have you seen Marvel's animated Dr. Strange movie? That would be amazing in live action.
One of the few things I liked that came out of Arad's mouth was his description of a Namor movie. If they do something like that then I think a solo origin film would work and he can then be used in other MCU movies like avengers 2 or 3.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #115
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Oded's a good choice, just worried about the accent.
Meh. The accent doesn't matter to me. Oded's voice is actually very powerful and attractive. Strange's ethnicity isn't essential to his character so signing a proven actor who is not Caucasian would be a very smart move for Marvel. It adds diversity without pandering.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #116
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
Black Panther flick please.
After Cap and Avengers, that's the movie I've wanted to see.
I'm with you captainrogers, the way Black Panther fights is so cool and him becoming King at the beginning due to his fathers death will make for a great character arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
BLACK PANTHER is a character IMO that has tremendous potential for a great movie on all fronts.

From an action spectacle pov an acrobatic fighter like him in jungle/forest terrain going up against a squad of foreign mercenaries and/or tribal warrior could be beyond epic in the rights hands.

From a thematic pov there are so many solid ones: third world exploitation of natural resources by foreign powers, isolationism vs foreign integration, the educated son returning to influence a traditionalist culture, etc.
Agreed on all counts, there's just so many things a Black Panther film can bring to the table and I'm more on board now than I ever was.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #117
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
One of the few things I liked that came out of Arad's mouth was his description of a Namor movie. If they do something like that then I think a solo origin film would work and he can then be used in other MCU movies like avengers 2 or 3.
I'm aching for a Submariner film. Aching.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #118
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:

Love the idea of Namor as an antagonist.
Makes me wish F4 were with Marvel so Doom could point the "Submariner gun" at the heroes.
BTW, Poni, you coming to my neck o' the woods?
My 'overseas trip' got cancelled.

-Hercules, Captain America #444
Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #119
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:

Really??? I think it could really work and I'm really hoping they do so. Can you explain why you think so.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #120
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I really want to see a Black Panther movie be made. He has such a rich comic book background and I think that doing a movie set in Africa could really offer some visuals that have never been seen before in a comic book movie. For me the characters I want to see have movies:
1. Black Panther
2. Dr. Strange
3. Ant-Man/Wasp

Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #121
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post
Here's what I want: Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Runaways, Black Panther.

My preference in order would be: Doctor Strange, Captain Britain and the Knights of Pendragon, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #122
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post

Out of that group I can only really see myself going to see Strange and Black Panter, maybe Guardians. I've never really read any of those comics though.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a Luke Cage or Iron Fist movie or a Blade reboot with Idris Elba (who plays him as English as he is apparently in the comics).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #123
Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

Agreed on all counts, there's just so many things a Black Panther film can bring to the table and I'm more on board now than I ever was.
Did you see the pics I posted in the BP thread about what I thought would be perfect for T'Challas' palace?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #124
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Meh. The accent doesn't matter to me. Oded's voice is actually very powerful and attractive. Strange's ethnicity isn't essential to his character so signing a proven actor who is not Caucasian would be a very smart move for Marvel. It adds diversity without pandering.
Yeah, but you also don't want a Wolfman situation with Del Toro being completely out of place due to his heritage.

"The Hispanic Lawrence Talbot". Jesus, what a disaster that was.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #125
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Wasp/ant man or scarlet witch and quicksilver I'd LOVE to see in future avengers installments...not so sure about solo films though.

Closed Thread