The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #51
liveman789
Side-Punch

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Based on the Widow clip, I have a feeling we're going to get a clip of each character's initial involvement in the Avengers initiative.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #52
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

I am pretty sure IM3 is coming out before Thor2 in 2013. Don't quote me on it, but that is the plan from my understanding.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #53
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
Based on the Widow clip, I have a feeling we're going to get a clip of each character's initial involvement in the Avengers initiative.
Yeah. That clip was her introduction scene

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #54
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I'm more curious where Loki will be kept and how he's punished right now. but I can wait for that lol.
Yeah I was wondering that too. There is no doubt he'll be in every Thor installment. Perhaps at one point he may actually serve as help to Thor in battle or in knowledge.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #55
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm more curious where Loki will be kept and how he's punished right now. but I can wait for that lol.
I would love for Odin to go a little ruthless as far as Loki's punishment.. something akin to EMH where he gets acid dropped in his eyes. Pure. Awesome, if I do say so myself.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #56
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would love for Odin to go a little ruthless as far as Loki's punishment.. something akin to EMH where he gets acid dropped in his eyes. Pure Awesome, if I do say so myself.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #57
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I hope so. what would be cool is with each clip have a matching TV spot.
Even use the Head-Count spot with "extended" views of the scene each hero was in.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #58
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirmit View Post
My only issue with 'Thor' was how quickly everything happened, he fell in love and found his humanity all in the space of a day or so of being banished, I feel it would've been better if he'd spent a while banished on earth.
another issue, well its more like a plus point for future thor movies, but thor's full potential was not shown....
thats wat bothering me about the trailer/tv spots of avengers is that thor is not getting to show his talents...
i am sure Whedon wont let me down on the thor department but it just annoys me...

Old 04-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #59
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

@antovolk created what I think to be a pretty accurate guess as to what the first third of the film will be like...

http://avindustries.co.uk/post/20059...e-know-updated

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #60
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I am pretty sure IM3 is coming out before Thor2 in 2013. Don't quote me on it, but that is the plan from my understanding.
Yeah I seem to remember that too from somewhere. All I kno is we'll have Marvel movies up to 2017 with a big Avengers Finale' and I'm more than happy about it. ( I just need a 2nd job to supports the extras) lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #61
antovolk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
@antovolk created what I think to be a pretty accurate guess as to what the first third of the film will be like...

http://avindustries.co.uk/post/20059...e-know-updated
Lol I was about to link to that. It's mostly right IMO, we have evidence from official.sources (storybook for example) to back everything up. Everything pretty much lines up.
I'm especially looking forward to the BIG opening sequence
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
linking together the MCU in an EPIC way
on the big screen.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #62
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I just have a fear after the avengers trilogy is over that they'll tear down the entire MCU. I'm sure its unfounded for the time being, but it's in the back of my head.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #63
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Love the dialogue in that description.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #64
antovolk
Side-Kick

BTW if the guy who posted the "Avengers Assemble" MCU novelisation including the opening of the film that I included in my post is right about Stan Lee's cameo...it would be funny

Old 04-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #65
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah I seem to remember that too from somewhere. All I kno is we'll have Marvel movies up to 2017 with a big Avengers Finale' and I'm more than happy about it. ( I just need a 2nd job to supports the extras) lol
How do we know 2017 is the big finale?

All I've heard is possible Avengers 2 in 2015 which is unconfirmed at best.

IM3 is May 2013, Thor 2 is November 2013 (which I think it's an awful release date, one week before Catching Fire....while July and August are barren almost for big tentpole movies.)

DMB #41
Old 04-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #66
antovolk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
Love the dialogue in that description.
All of it is official.in some way shape or form - the trailers, storybooks, comic con scene descriptions...

Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #67
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I just have a fear after the avengers trilogy is over that they'll tear down the entire MCU. I'm sure its unfounded for the time being, but it's in the back of my head.
Kevin Fiege is saying all the right things. "We want the film experience to be like the comic books"

2017-20 (I realistically think we're looking at 2018/19 instead of 17) might be the ending of this run of Avengeres, yes. But I would be very very surprised if they shut the whole thing down.

What is everyone at Marvel Films going to do? I'd imagine there will be properties like Dr. Strange etc that are getting off the ground...but they are so second teir...not that a second tier super hero can't be a huge 500 million dollar movie...but it's gonna take a big time casting hit and an innovative direction to make Strange a tentpole like feature...

DMB #41
Old 04-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #68
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
How do we know 2017 is the big finale?

All I've heard is possible Avengers 2 in 2015 which is unconfirmed at best.

IM3 is May 2013, Thor 2 is November 2013 (which I think it's an awful release date, one week before Catching Fire....while July and August are barren almost for big tentpole movies.)
Personally, I think the Big Three (IM, Thor, and Cap) need to have a sequel before the sequel for Avengers. Each of them have things that should be resolved in their respective movies, specifically Thor (with Jane) and Cap (to get over his man-out-of-time arc). I don't want TA2 to be rushed, nor do I think it needs to have a build-up from all the MCU movies because the audience will be familiar with the setup already, so I hope post-TA movies will be able to be more standalone-ish and take care of the narratives better.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #69
Mattallica
Banned User

Will he have visible ears at all in the movie?
what about the locker room scene where his 1 piece cowl is shown, the one with ear holes will he don that at all?
if not why must they continue to taunt us by releasing more images like this?

Old 04-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #70
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
I just want to make it clear that I don't think Thor is a bad movie, or even a mediocre movie. It's a very well made movie and very fun to watch over and over again. It's just not at the bottom of the MS film list in terms of my favorites.
Of course. Most people wouldn't write off a film entirely due to a few pacing errors and questionable elements. Just discussing them, I don't feel anyone got overly heated or argumentative this go-round

Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #71
bonzob2000
Side-Kick

I highly doubt it. My feeling is the original designs had exposed ears, and as these are often all the promo artists have to go on, the exposed ears look carried over to much of the non-photographic marketing images. Probably when they actually had Evans in the suit, they found the exposed ears stuck out too much/didn't photograph well/messed up the lines of the helmet what have you, and changed the final design for the actual costume. Not saying the new design is better, but that kind of thing happens all the time. I also doubt we'll see Hawkeye's purple sunglasses in the movie.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #72
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Mattallica, there was an interview with one of the designers in a video which was posted here. Whedon wanted a costume closer to the comics. I think he said they tried exposing the ears but they said it wasn't working or something to that affect. So it's clear from the promo images and also the mask in the cast they had an idea to make the cowl like that but it didn't pan out.

I do prefer the overall look of the promo image costume though.

It's sort of like how originally Spider-Man the made web spinner/shooters that even though Spidey would have the organic webs, he still had shooters on his wrists. Ultimately they were all cut from the movie. I think if you even look closely in the scene where he webs his Dr. Pepper, you can kind of see the mark where the wrist shooters were erased.

- CM Punk
Old 04-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #73
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattallica View Post
Will he have visible ears at all in the movie?
what about the locker room scene where his 1 piece cowl is shown, the one with ear holes will he don that at all?
if not why must they continue to taunt us by releasing more images like this?
The concept art of Cap often doesn't look quite like Evans, often has earholes and sometimes a form of raised wings. It's as if they are unsure about the look while Thor & Black Widow always look exactly like Hemsworth and Johansson. Bit strange really.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #74
BobbyCorwin88

GEEZ. I just cannot keep up with this thread anymore. You guys are posting like crazy. Does anyone have jobs or do you just stay up all night? And I don't mean that to be condescending.

I hate missing out on cool discussions.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #75
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCorwin88 View Post
GEEZ. I just cannot keep up with this thread anymore. You guys are posting like crazy. Does anyone have jobs or do you just stay up all night? And I don't mean that to be condescending.

I hate missing out on cool discussions.
I've been posting at work. Don't tell my boss

Closed Thread