The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #76
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm aware of the Norse's culture and I laughed at a few of the attempts of humor (such as Thor's first run-in with an automobile) but some of the attempts really made my eyes roll.

Momma Thor on Asgard wouldn't put up with Thor smashing cups. She'd just get the belt.
You have too keep in mind that Thor is no Viking, he is a Asgardian.

And although the in the Marvel Universe, the Viking culture got influenced by the Asgardian (and not vice versa), they are not the same.

The Asgardians have horned helmets, for example. Historical Vikings never had.

So, the Asgardians in the movie could have every cultural habit the writers wants them to have. Asgardians don't exist in the real world...

And who could say that it is uncivilised to smash cups? There are cultures on earth where spitting is not regarded offensive. In other cultures, smacking and farting is no problem...

Old 04-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #77
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCorwin88 View Post
GEEZ. I just cannot keep up with this thread anymore. You guys are posting like crazy. Does anyone have jobs or do you just stay up all night? And I don't mean that to be condescending.

I hate missing out on cool discussions.
I unfortunately am unemployed, but I need to post to break up the monotony of applying to places for hours straight on end.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #78
BobbyCorwin88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I've been posting at work. Don't tell my boss
Haha. I'm posting at my second job, but it's more of a favor job and pretty low key. It's about all the time I can get anymore.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #79
BobbyCorwin88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I unfortunately am unemployed, but I need to post to break up the monotony of applying to places for hours straight on end.
Been there man. Good luck to you. Believe it or not I just found my latest job on craigslist, so it is possible. Keep trucking!

Old 04-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #80
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

They don't have long to release these clips before us in the UK get to see the film. One a day please Marvel

Old 04-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #81
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So I'm thinking that this is how we'll see each Avenger introduced into the film:

1. Captain America: We see him first when he's discovered frozen by SHIELD.

2. Iron Man: In New York, when he lands on top of Stark Tower as seen in the Trailer; where Coulson visits him as well to tell him about what's going on.

3. Thor: Landing on top of Quinjet to rescue Loki.

4. Hulk: In India helping people before being approached by Widow.

5. Black Widow: Interrogation Russian scene as shown in the clip.

6. Hawkeye: At the SHIELD base where Selvig is conducting experiments on the cube, just prior to Loki's arrival.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #82
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
They don't have long to release these clips before us in the UK get to see the film. One a day please Marvel
That works

Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #83
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So I'm thinking that this is how we'll see each Avenger introduced into the film:

1. Captain America: We see him first when he's discovered frozen by SHIELD.

2. Iron Man: In New York, when he lands on top of Stark Tower as seen in the Trailer; where Coulson visits him as well to tell him about what's going on.

3. Thor: Landing on top of Quinjet to rescue Loki.

4. Hulk: In India helping people before being approached by Widow.

5. Black Widow: Interrogation Russian scene as shown in the clip.

6. Hawkeye: At the SHIELD base where Selvig is conducting experiments on the cube, just prior to Loki's arrival.
That sounds about right to me.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #84
djKiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Ya there are def a lot of post going on. I like all the differing opinions and insights

Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #85
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
I've been posting at work. Don't tell my boss

I am your boss, but its okay..... if you don't tell my boss.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #86
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If my memory for the days going into the premiere of Thor is accurate, I donít remember that many clips being released for it. Heck, I was surprised especially that Marvel didnít release any clips involving any of the major actions sequences featuring Thor as well, thus scenes like the battle with the Frost Giants and Thorís fight with the Destroyer/Loki were all a pleasant surprise when watching it for the first time in theaters.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #87
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If my memory for the days going into the premiere of Thor is accurate, I donít remember that many clips being released for it. Heck, I was surprised especially that Marvel didnít release any clips involving any of the major actions sequences featuring Thor as well, thus scenes like the battle with the Frost Giants and Thorís fight with the Destroyer/Loki were all a pleasant surprise when watching it for the first time in theaters.

There were 6 clips for Thor, 5 for Cap. Usually you get 4 - 6 clips for big films, I'd say the same goes for Avengers. On the occasion you get something crazy and unnecessary like a 10 minute scene.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #88
Splat
Side-Kick

I'm kinda late but my list of MCU films would be,
1. Iron Man
2. Thor
3. Iron Man 2
4. Cap
5. TIH

But like other people have said I love all 5 movies, and I think that's one of Marvel Studios biggest accomplishments, making movies that are watchable and rewatchable. I know some people feel different but a lot of people will back me up.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #89
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
There were 6 clips for Thor, 5 for Cap. Usually you get 4 - 6 clips for big films, I'd say the same goes for Avengers. On the occasion you get something desperate like a 10 minute scene.
Fixed that for you

Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #90
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Staying away from the clip.
I am sure it 's cool.
Trouble is , if you watch enough of them , you end up seeing a LOT of the movie .
No Thanks ,
I will wait for the movie .

Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #91
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

But like other people have said I love all 5 movies, and I think that's one of Marvel Studios biggest accomplishments, making movies that are watchable and rewatchable. I know some people feel different but a lot of people will back me up.
Agreed; and personally, I think that if their goal was to make audiences excited to see all of these characters finally encounter each other on screen for the first time, then they succeeded since after watching each film, my anticipation for the day that they all meet grew higher and higher.

Like Whedon has stated over and over again, based on how we've seen each character portrayed so far, the emphasis on how these people shouldn't be placed in the same room is apparent for me.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #92
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course. Most people wouldn't write off a film entirely due to a few pacing errors and questionable elements. Just discussing them, I don't feel anyone got overly heated or argumentative this go-round
It was a good civil discussion with valid points made by all parties.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #93
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:

And for that they deserve a good amount of praise.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #94
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm kinda late but my list of MCU films would be,
1. Iron Man
2. Thor
3. Iron Man 2
4. Cap
5. TIH

Consider yourself backed up.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #95
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

First one friend says the CGI on Hulk is terrible(is he an idiot?) and now my other friend is criticizing Chris Evans...what in the Lord's name is happening?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #96
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

We'll just have to see it on all screen and figure it out for ourselves.

- CM Punk
Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #97
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
First one friend says the CGI on Hulk is terrible(is he an idiot?) and now my other friend is criticizing Chris Evans...what in the Lord's name is happening?

Solar Flares.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #98
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

Cats and dogs, living together... mass hysteria!

Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #99
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Seriously,I hardly ever notice CGI.
Ignore the critics .

Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #100
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:

Are they normal people or nolanites?

Closed Thread