Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #101
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I think July would be a better release date. And Man of Steel won't be moved to March 15, because there'd be no need to have it so close to another WB property in Jack the Giant Killer. The June date is going to be final.
They could easily swap it. I wouldn't say the date is final just yet -- anything can happen. I have not heard a whit from WB's 3D film Gravity (no stills or trailer, and that comes out this year), but that doesn't mean anything.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #102
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

I do like how WB already has a MPAA rating for The Dark Knight Rises, a whopping three months prior to its theatrical release. It says a lot about Nolan's pull at the studio, and that he delivered early and on budget. Plus, it gives the studio a laser focus on their marketing campaign (I can see the final TDKR trailer boasting the MPAA rating) and pushing the movie hard.

On the other hand, having MOS finished by the end of the year and completed 6-8 months prior to its June 2013 bodes well. Star Trek and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince benefited nicely due to similar circumstances.

It still would be nice to have it this Christmas and not next summer...

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #103
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

well of course The Dark Knight Rises is going to get a PG-13 rating...there is no way in hell it'd get an R rating. The Dark Knight and Superman Returns both got PG-13 ratings and I expect Man of Steel will receive the same rating

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #104
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

TDK was toned down to get the PG-13 rating. For example, the scene where the fake Batman is hung, he originally had a knife stuck through his chest with the card attached...it was changed to a pin :/

But the TDK already had tons of dark elements, so they had to change some things.

I think MOS could manage to fit a bit more violence in than TDK. Blood was was left out TDK, it should appear if Superman takes a good beating from Zod. We know Zod stabs Jor-El in the movie, but I imagine that will be off screen. Showing the aftermath more in detail could happen.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #105
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
For example, the scene where the fake Batman is hung, he originally had a knife stuck through his chest with the card attached...it was changed to a pin :/
That's true. Though I say to myself Joker didn't want to waste a good knife on a corpse. Use it on somebody else, and he was something of a collector, as shown after he was arrested by Gordon.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #106
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

yeah I couldn't see Joker leaving behind a perfectly good knife in a dead guy...not his style

Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #107
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

But it was changed to maintain a PG-13 rating. Probably seemed more appropriate Joker wouldn't waste the knife, but that's what was originally intended.

They were planning on having Joker's head cut open when Batman smashed him against the glass, but that was changed too

The scenes with the pencil and Gamble were altered, they were going to more forward in terms of violence and what was going to be shown.

I believe in Batfleck

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 04-10-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #108
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Not to mention the whole burning Lau alive deal.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #109
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

That too. We were meant to hear him screaming, but they changed it.

I wish Nolan would release a Director's Cut!

I believe in Batfleck

Old 04-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #110
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
well of course The Dark Knight Rises is going to get a PG-13 rating...there is no way in hell it'd get an R rating.
I knew it was definitely going to get that coveted PG-13 rating, but to have a big summer blockbuster in the can three months early -- is rare (usually smaller-budgeted films are finished pretty early). I didn't expect Nolan to finish the film until next month, but there you have it.

Most of the time, you have movies like X-Men: First Class and Iron Man 2 completed only days prior to the release. It's still impressive and a testament to a good, efficient director.

If MOS is finished, say, October or November -- I would not be surprised to hear the MPAA rating by December or January 2013. This is good... gives the studio time to properly focus on the target demographic and generate buzz.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #111
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
TDK was toned down to get the PG-13 rating. For example, the scene where the fake Batman is hung, he originally had a knife stuck through his chest with the card attached...it was changed to a pin :/

But the TDK already had tons of dark elements, so they had to change some things.

I think MOS could manage to fit a bit more violence in than TDK. Blood was was left out TDK, it should appear if Superman takes a good beating from Zod. We know Zod stabs Jor-El in the movie, but I imagine that will be off screen. Showing the aftermath more in detail could happen.
We know that? since when?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #112
Prime
Banned User

We only know Jor-El has a stab wound (well actually his armor does, we don't know if it got to Jor-El), we don't know if Zod inflicted it, though we do know they fight.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #113
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
We only know Jor-El has a stab wound (well actually his armor does, we don't know if it got to Jor-El), we don't know if Zod inflicted it, though we do know they fight.
Where has this info come from?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #114
Prime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Where has this info come from?
The call sheet of the MOS opening scene. A real call sheet. Because WB had it removed from all major sites in a matter of hours. However, I found a site that still has both the scans of the sheet and the description. I am posting the link to it because I don't know if it's ok to post the images here. However, the text is OK I think, other forums were discussing it too. But it's spoilers (nothing major though) so BEWARE!

Link to scans:

http://www.gamefob.com/2012/03/14/ma...ails-spoilers/

Scenes:
Set/Scene Descriptions
The first scene involves Clark in a bar where loggers like to frequent. This is a dive bar, the customers are a surly bunch as they like to throw beer cans and such. Clark will be confronted by someone named Ludlow, and he’ll have to keep his anger in check.

In a bar, singer, background music, beer cans thrown, airmen will have beer on them. traces of snow. beers thrown, logging trucks, pickup trucks, snow mobiles
Scene 62-1: Int Cassidy’s Roadhouse
Clark walks in the building, ludlow comes over, an argument with Ludlow.
Scene 62-2: Int Cassidy’s Roadhouse
Clark intervenes, Ludlow throws a beer in his face, Clark has to hold himself in check.
Scene 63: Int Cassidy’s Roadhouse
Later – Ludlow throws up on somebody, complains about the food.

Number five in the call sheet refers to Superman’s father Jor-El. The following information takes place on Krypton and it appears as though Jor-El has been wounded in battle by a sword, which is also referred to as an energy lance. Number 11 in the call sheet is referring to Lara, Superman’s mother, while number 46 is Kal-El's ship. Baby Number 1 is Kal-El. Before Jor-El and Lara say goodbye to their child, Jor-El will infuse something into his heart.

Scene 11: Int Central Hub-Underwater-VFX
Number five (Jor-El) swims up to the central hub, retrieves Codex, alarms go off, dives back under
scene 25: Ext House Of El-Armory-VFX
Number 11 (Lara) touches number 5′s (Russell Crowe) armor, where someone’s sword went through, an energy lance
Scene 17-1: Int House Of El-Armory-VFX
Number 5 dons armor, energy lance, Kelex, sounds of Attack
Scene 16-1: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 5 and ? .. Kelex and ? comes through the doors into birthing room
Scene 16-2 thru – 16-7: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 5 and 11 say goodbye to baby number 1
Scene 16-8: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
#46 placed on table … Codex infused into number 46′s heart
Scene 181-2: Int House Of El-Observatory (Flashback)-VFX
Number 5 triggers blue …begins which penetrates number 46′s heart
Scene 16-9 thru – 16-13: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
Number 46 pod closes and goes into air
Scene 19-1 & 19-2: Int House Of El-Observatory-VFX
High Shot …number 5 and 11 watch from below

Old 04-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #115
Prime
Banned User

http://thepropstop.wordpress.com/201...report-part-4/

On March 31st an auction was held for Man of Steel set decorations, props, and wardrobe. One of the more intriguing pieces is a board containing notes and articles written by Lois Lane.

First up Lois Lane's noticeboard which has a couple of Daily Planet stories on it attributed to her that are about a poisoning of the Metropolis area by an unknown contamination. There were notes and a plane ticket etc on the board too. Very cool.

Probably nothing related to the story in the movie (if so, how smart to sell such an item, lol) but nice anyway.

You can also see pictures of items from Lois apartment and Clark's room and more pictures of these items here:

http://thepropstop.wordpress.com/201...part-3-review/

http://thepropstop.wordpress.com/201...rch-31st-2012/

http://thepropstop.wordpress.com/201...rch-21st-2012/

You know, just cauze there's ZERO news and I have to make due with this...how exciting.

Last edited by Prime; 04-10-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #116
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I can't remember why exactly, but there's a good reason why it's censored.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #117
Prime
Banned User

And here is a brand new interview with Dylan Sprayberry (I get all the hot scoops ), the lad who plays a 13 year old Clark Kent:

http://www.clevvertv.com/interviews/...-of-steel.html

Here are the MOS parts of the interview:

Can you tell us a little about Man of Steel and your upcoming projects? I just finished shooting Man of Steel. That was in Canada and Chicago. I filmed that all last year. After that I did “Common Law.” That’s going to be on USA coming up pretty soon. I played the son of Sonya Walger. That was really cool.

So this is the first time they’re using a teenager to portray the young version of Clark Kent in a Superman movie. How does that feel? It was really great. I didn’t even really notice how big it was until I finished shooting. It was so overwhelming that it was crazy, I was like “I can’t believe I just did all that.” In the moment, I was really focused on the work and the acting.

What will people really love about Man of Steel? When Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like The Dark Knight but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he’s a kid.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #118
Prime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I can't remember why exactly, but there's a good reason why it's censored.
Yeah well with some of my recent experience here, with, uhm...won't mention who, I seriously doubt that. But nevermind, I replaced the link to that site with a link to another, so it's all good...I think.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #119
Prime
Banned User

Anyway, cue to people jumping the gun on the TDK and love comments from Dylan Sprayberry and start ranting in 3, 2, 1...

Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #120
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Looks like that backfired. Nobody jumped the gun or ranted.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #121
Prime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Looks like that backfired. Nobody jumped the gun or ranted.
Have a little faith!

p.s.: Still waiting for MOS to be moved to December...and, uh, some other things the site in your signature posted.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #122
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Hmmm...his comments about his scenes being bigger than he thought leads me to believe they may be effects heavy.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #123
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

this sounds like it's going to be one badass movie

Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #124
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

What will people really love about Man of Steel? When Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like The Dark Knight but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he’s a kid.
Sound promising to say the least, though the part about "love struggles" has me "slightly" concerned since whenever I hear "love struggle" associated with Superman on film now, I'm immediately reminded back to the whole Superman-Lois-Richard White Love Triangle from SR and that didn't do Superman's character any favors.

Also, i'm hoping that they don't repeat a similar scene with Clark and Lois that they did back in the New 52, where he (Clark) goes to visit Lois to say sorry about something, only to see that she's busy with another guy from work, thus making Clark leave all sad and angsty.

Simply put, don't give Superman in MOS the Peter Parker-MJ crap from the Raimi films.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #125
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
That's what all characters need: internal conflict.

And that's what makes many fans suffer: he can't have dilemmas, he's Superman, he never doubts, he never makes the wrong choice, he never fails, morals for him are black and white.

That's how you get a bidimensional character that doesn't hold for long in a movie.

I like how Snyder seems to be saying that what's important here is to portray the character not the icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Sound promising to say the least, though the part about "love struggles" has me "slightly" concerned since whenever I hear "love struggle" associated with Superman on film now, I'm immediately reminded back to the whole Superman-Lois-Richard White Love Triangle from SR and that didn't do Superman's character any favors.
I think the Richard-Lois-Superman triangle gave Superman problems he couldn't solve just being 'heroic' or 'moral.' It was great to have the audience really thinking, wow, who should Lois choose? The average thing would have been making Richard some unbearable smug we could hate so the choice was dead easy.

But from Snyder's words I read that he's going to doubt if he should be a hero and renounce a normal life. That alone sounds like gold to me. Now if that makes some fans furious, even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Also, i'm hoping that they don't repeat a similar scene with Clark and Lois that they did back in the New 52, where he (Clark) goes to visit Lois to say sorry about something, only to see that she's busy with another guy from work, thus making Clark leave all sad and angsty.

Simply put, don't give Superman in MOS the Peter Parker-MJ crap from the Raimi films.
Well, Raimi's Spider-man and its results shouldn't be neither the referent nor the monopoly for romantic problems. Raimi's treatment for romance was pure crap. It doesn't have to be the ultimate evidence that that way can't/shouldn't be done.

I never appreciate when Superman decided to erase Lois's memory in SII that Clark left like nothing had happened and then we just had a ever-smiling Superman. I'm sorry but that moment our hero renounced the love of his life, don't give me the 'meh it's just a movie, let's just have our happy ending and let's go home.'

Closed Thread