The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Best month release for the sequel (2014)?
March 2 5.71%
April 1 2.86%
May 12 34.29%
June 4 11.43%
July 12 34.29%
August 2 5.71%
Later 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #51
Brawl
Side-Kick

Default Re: First Class Sequel - July 18, 2014

First class screwed up X-Men continuity soooo freaking bad that it should be considered an alternate earth maybe earth-615 or something. Cyclops is Alex's older brother but in XFC he's younger. Cyclops and Emma supposed to be around the same age so they can hook up, now he would be around 50 with a 70 year old Emma (ewww). Since in X3 Prof is shown walking in Jean's memories when he meets her with Magneto, he lost his legs for a 2nd time or something. Mystique also is such a kick-a$$ character i feel her story was so weak and lame in XFC that she was robbed of being a star character. She now is every bit as interesting as the rest of the back ground characters. Also they need to lose the stupid scale look on Mystique and make her look like Nightcrawler, that's her son anyways they should look alike. Hated the actress that played Emma (extremely flat rear end) also the white-queen would never stoop to getting ice cubes off a dang glacier for sebastion shaw.

The best thing XFC had going for it was the superior acting skills by the main characters, marvelous battle scenes, traditional X-men uniforms, well paced storyline and the great use of CGI when it counted. XFC cannot be considered to be in same time-continuum as that of X1,2,3. Too many things just don't jibe.

Last edited by Brawl; 06-01-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #52
Brawl
Side-Kick

Default Re: "First Class sequel" Release Date Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
I just dropped this nugget in the Avengers forum after the Cap 2 announcement. With this sequel moving forward enthusiastically, I figured it belongs here too. I predict they'll release it just like The Wolverine, in July of 2014.

I can't wait to see Fassbender in the helmet again.

forgot one :P

Old 06-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #53
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I disagree Completly.First Class was very connected to exsisting films.

They made it clear as well on DVD/Bluray special features First Class s part of exsisting series.Even with cerebro mutant tracer feature trying to connect Wolverine and The Last stand to First Class.

I just don't understand the obsession some on this board have with reboots.SOme are even worse than the studios.I also gurantee you If the filmmakers listened to those
who want first Class called a reboot Wolverine would become a X-Man very quickly.

It makes no sense going forward with the Wolverine If First Class Is a reboot.Plus they are keeping the possibilt of X4 open.
It's not an obsession with reboots. It's an obsession with giving the pre-production people freedom to do whatever they want with the characters and not be tied down by what older movies established. Cerebro tracker did tie FC to the older movies but the great thing about that is that it was a bonus feature, not something directly in the film (waaaay easier to retcon). So while FC was probably ultimately a prequel, its sequel doesn't have to be.

No one has yet given me a reason why the FC trilogy as prequels is a better idea than them as a sort of reboot. It's not like people won't go see the sequel if it's not tied back to X1-3. Frankly with the amount of b****ing and moaning people do about "CONTINUITY ERRORS WAHHH", I would think that more people would be on board with the idea of XMFC as a reboot...

Last edited by blueserenity; 06-01-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #54
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The entire concept of first Class was to go back and show the back story of Xavier and Magneto.Bryan Singer himself said Beast and Mystique were only other characters from
earlier films Included because they were only ones who could fit In first Class.(although we can debate rather the Last Stand Is truly part of contunity) The whole first Class
marketing campagin as well as Intreviews for film treated First Class as prequel.

Again It would be hard to justify the lineup of first Class If you suddenly say It was a reboot.Those who keep complaning on First Class not being the true first Class(some forgetting It did have Beast) will now be saying well If First Class was reboot then why have lineup they did.Matthew Vaughn has hinted about bringing In one new x-Man.Those advocating first Class turned Into reboot would have them Introduce tons of new character turning the sequel Into a Last Stand situation.

I keep hearing people say there has been too much Wolverine In X-Men films.well guess he would he joining the lineup If first Class was turned Into reboot? If you want no Wolverine In first Class sequels best to remain prequels.They need to worry about making the best film Instead of doing things to sastify those crying for reboot.

Those crying here for a new villain couldn't complain since In reboot Magneto hasn't been villain yet.

For all those crying for first Class as reboot still haven't answered why go forward with the Wolverine then.

A reboot means everything that has happened previsously never happened.Yet frist Class has many connections to Singer's version of X-men.To call first Class now a reboot
would make It hard to beieve anything anyone ever said about the X-Men films In the future.People's obsession with everything becoming a reboot could open a entire new can of worms.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #55
def28
Side-Kick

I think theres gonna be more then 1 new X men addition regardless of what Vaughn said. They need a bigger/stronger team as well as some female characters on the X team. And it has yet to be a school, which I think it will happen in FC2. Having Beast, Havok and Banshee kickn it at the mansion by themselves would be lame. There should be more students.

Everybody has there own take, FC is not a perfect prequel. Singer might have wanted it that way. But Vaughn wants it to stand alone more. I think it was made to be looked at either way based on its success. In the end I just want a good follow up to FC. Not a good lead in to X1.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #56
Angamb
Banned User

CLEARLY there will be more than one new x-men.

If the x-men have to fight another group, being the brotherhood or any other villan, they will definetly need more help.

And Fox definetly will want some new faces to sell the movie with the marketing, promo posters, merchanding and all of that.

So we can expect two new x-men perfectly. One girl and probably another boy.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #57
Brawl
Side-Kick

Quote:
The entire concept of first Class was to go back and show the back story of Xavier and Magneto.Bryan Singer himself said Beast and Mystique were only other characters from
earlier films Included because they were only ones who could fit In first Class.
Why are beast and Mystique the "only" ones to fit in FC Jean Bobby and Angel would be a much better fit than Mystique, Havox (Cyclops younger brother), Darwin and Banshee. Vaughn obviously left time continuity on shelf when he made the film so why not include the actual XFC?

Quote:
Again It would be hard to justify the lineup of first Class If you suddenly say It was a reboot.Those who keep complaning on First Class not being the true first Class(some forgetting It did have Beast) will now be saying well If First Class was reboot then why have lineup they did.Matthew Vaughn has hinted about bringing In one new x-Man.Those advocating first Class turned Into reboot would have them Introduce tons of new character turning the sequel Into a Last Stand situation.
I see no proof in that statement. Those advocating that XFC be turned into an actual reboot were concerned about having the FC in the 1960's. You then have the issue of 70 year old Cyclops, Jean grey, Iceman, and Beast running around in current X# movies if continuity was consistent. That glaring issue was main reason for an actual reboot. Wolverine is not even an issue as he is over a few hundred years old anyways.

Quote:
I keep hearing people say there has been too much Wolverine In X-Men films.well guess he would he joining the lineup If first Class was turned Into reboot? If you want no Wolverine In first Class sequels best to remain prequels.They need to worry about making the best film Instead of doing things to sastify those crying for reboot.
huh? That line of logic eludes me.

Quote:
Those crying here for a new villain couldn't complain since In reboot Magneto hasn't been villain yet.
Magneto was great in XFC, truly superb.

Quote:
For all those crying for first Class as reboot still haven't answered why go forward with the Wolverine then.
Answeredabove

Quote:
A reboot means everything that has happened previsously never happened.Yet frist Class has many connections to Singer's version of X-men.To call first Class now a reboot
would make It hard to beieve anything anyone ever said about the X-Men films In the future.People's obsession with everything becoming a reboot could open a entire new can of worms.
Not true but somethings BECAUSE of XFC could not have happened in X# movies. CYclops "Havoks older brother" would have been in his seventies according to XFC continuity. Beast, Emma frost as well. Storm was cameo-ed in XFC as well so she would be in her 50s or 60s. Prof was crippled in XFC but walking in later on in X# movies. Reboot is the only logical answer. The timeline is too jacked up even consider they are in the same continuity.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #58
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
Not true but somethings BECAUSE of XFC could not have happened in X# movies. CYclops "Havoks older brother" would have been in his seventies according to XFC continuity. Beast, Emma frost as well. Storm was cameo-ed in XFC as well so she would be in her 50s or 60s. Prof was crippled in XFC but walking in later on in X# movies. Reboot is the only logical answer. The timeline is too jacked up even consider they are in the same continuity.
And that's the endless argument: Reboot or prequel?

Since the film itself straddled the line (it begins with same opening sequence as X1 and then expands on it, among other things), then there is no solid answer.

Spider-Man is getting a reboot and people are saying 'huh?' so that's the problem with rebooting franchises where the audience remembers the preceding films well and has no real issue with them.

It's a freakin' minefield. The studio created this mess with its one-film-at-a-time approach that has never mapped out the franchise properly.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #59
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yes July 18, 2014! In my country, it would probably be released in July 16, 2014! This is great! Only 2 years to go and we still have The Wolverine next year! This excites me so much!

Can't wait to hear more good news!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #60
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
CLEARLY there will be more than one new x-men.

If the x-men have to fight another group, being the brotherhood or any other villan, they will definetly need more help.

And Fox definetly will want some new faces to sell the movie with the marketing, promo posters, merchanding and all of that.

So we can expect two new x-men perfectly. One girl and probably another boy.
I agree! Hopefully its Sunfire and Polaris!

Old 06-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #61
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have said it before and I will say It again.X-men first Class has many connections to Bryan Singer's X-Men films(Both X-Men and X2)

The Idea of Xavier and Magneto working together when Xavier started the X-Men,and Mystique as Magneto's right hand and their relationship
all comes from first 2 films not the comics.Plus Mystique's entire look comes from earlier films.

Fox,Singer,Lauren Shueller Donner,and Simon Kinberg all Intended first Class part of Exsisting series(does It makes sence to go forward with The Wolverine
If It wasn't) we can debate which films First Class Is connected to.

Matthew Vaughn admitted they are straddling line between reboot and Prequel and ultermetly first Class and sequels to It are suspose to take place before first X-Men film.

we don't know when X-men and X2(and Last Stand If you want to Include It) took place.Vaughn hinted at this when he said with sequels to first class you
have rest of 1960's plus 1970's and 1980's before whenever X-Men Took place.

The apparent Storm In cerebero sequenze may be nothing but an easter egg.The Last Stand totally Ignored the X2 easter egg of Beast.

Beast,Havok,and Banshee deserve some more time.The sequel should Introduce Polaris and maybe 1 other(How about Sunfire so you can have a asian X-Man) Plus a good portoran of film will also be with Brotherhood on Magneto and Mystique.Now they might not bring back all the brotherhood(While Vaughn will probally bring back Azarel. Angel and Riptide are question marks) and If they bring back Moira they will have to give her something to do.

Right now It Is pretty sure Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,Beast,Emma,Banshee,and Havok will be back.That's 7 returning characters.Azarel Is good shot at coming back that makes 8.If Moira Is In sequel that's 9.If Angel and Riptide are brought back that's 11.That leaves them with room for 2 new X-Men.If Riptide and Angel aren't featured that leaves door for 1 new member of brotherhood.Trying for more than that opens up the sequel to Last Stand overcwoading.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #62
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I agree! Hopefully its Sunfire and Polaris!
yeahh, those two would be really great, specially since both were part of first two generations of x-men.

Sunfire would be a smart addition, in term of powers, but if not him, Id be happy with Thunderbird, tho I know most of superherohype users dont care about him.

No more than 5 x-men, to give them some development.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #63
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We are In total agreement.

One reason Vaughn might go with Thunderbird Is he likes bringing In james Bond elements.The reason Darwin dies was to be the sacrifal lamb to give villains credabilty.
That happened almost always In Bond films.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #64
The Guard
Side-Kick

FIRST CLASS is pretty clearly a prequel to the Singer films, and it can be argued that it may have some connections to X3 as well. The prequel ignores bits of continuity, like the fact that Xavier can walk in X3 when he's older yet loses his ability to do so in FIRST CLASS, but there's enough connections that its nature as a prequel is clear.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 06-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #65
Angamb
Banned User

pretty obvious.

I understand some user would like to see it as a reboot, but its not, so lets accept it, and move on to other issues.

and if some want to keep with that discussion, maybe we should create its own topic, where it can be discussed during pages and pages until they get tired,

seriously, we can create a topic for that discussion.

Lets talk about all the possibilites of the sequel. What would u like to see from the current x-men?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #66
merbass
Side-Kick

I would like to see Sunfire and North star. Havok should be killed by Mystique to show her cruel side.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #67
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
pretty obvious.

I understand some user would like to see it as a reboot, but its not, so lets accept it, and move on to other issues.

and if some want to keep with that discussion, maybe we should create its own topic, where it can be discussed during pages and pages until they get tired,

seriously, we can create a topic for that discussion.

Lets talk about all the possibilites of the sequel. What would u like to see from the current x-men?
It's a serious line of thought. Whether it's a prequel or reboot changes the entire shape AND possibilities of the FC sequel, so I'm glad it's up for discussion. As far as I see it should continue being discussed until it's officially 100% declared one or the other. There were many conflicting definitions from the producers, directors, actors, and FOX people. A bonus feature that pitifully tries to link up events in FC to the other 4 films doesn't quite cut it for a clear-cut definition. It's not "obvious" that it was a prequel when they betrayed so many continuities.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #68
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
It's a serious line of thought. Whether it's a prequel or reboot changes the entire shape AND possibilities of the FC sequel, so I'm glad it's up for discussion. As far as I see it should continue being discussed until it's officially 100% declared one or the other. There were many conflicting definitions from the producers, directors, actors, and FOX people. A bonus feature that pitifully tries to link up events in FC to the other 4 films doesn't quite cut it for a clear-cut definition. It's not "obvious" that it was a prequel when they betrayed so many continuities.
Agreed and when Vaughn says stuff like this it definitely blurs the line. Seems he looked at it more like a nod to the original trilogy. hes gonna do his own thing regardless.
http://www.slashfilm.com/film-interv...atthew-vaughn/

Quote:
"My main goal was to make as good a film that could stand on its own two feet regardless of all the other films. However I thought anything that worked in all the other movies, and I could have some fun with nodding towards, I would. But my main rule was, ‘You know what, we’re trying to reboot and start a whole new X-Men franchise’ and therefore, making a film work on its own two feet was far more important than trying to be referential to the prior movies."
Others from the film have stated it a prequel but reboot has been thrown around as well. No one is crazy for thinking either.

Last edited by def28; 06-02-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #69
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Vaughn defently hasn't helped matters.He has said different things depending on who he Is talking to.He has also talked about getting Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellan back for
flashforward sequence for sequel.He also In one interview called First Class both prequel and Reboot.I view First Class as prequel to Bryan Singer's films(X-Men/X2) with a few liberties taken.That Is best way to watch films first Class/X-Men/X2.Others might want to view First Class/X-Men/X2/The Last Stand.

A strong case can be made Singer was already planning to Superman Returnize The Last stand and Wolverine and when Vaugh took over as director he rar with It doing film that can be seen by as fresh film and also connected to Singer's films.

Fox clearly wants first Class and sequels seen as part of exsisting X-Men film franchise(which Is why with the bluray mutant cerbero tractor extra even tried to connect the Last Stand and Wolverine to First Class) but they are giving filmmakers some latitude In making film they want.

We may not get anynews till fall.The first question will be are Rose Byrne,Jason Flemyng,Zoe Kravitz,and Alex Gonzalez returning.Hard to believe Vaughn won't bring back
Flemyng.He shows up In all his films.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #70
def28
Side-Kick

Cant say any side on the matter is wrong for calling it a prequel/reboot. Not really a concrete answer, both sides are kinda right. I think the one thing that is clear is Vaughns intentions are to make a good film without relying on nods to the original. I dont expect connections to the original trilogy in FC2.
Quote:
We may not get anynews till fall.The first question will be are Rose Byrne,Jason Flemyng,Zoe Kravitz,and Alex Gonzalez returning.Hard to believe Vaughn won't bring back
Flemyng.He shows up In all his films.
Yeah probably no news for awhile. Maybe comic con?

Old 06-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #71
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
I would like to see Sunfire and North star. Havok should be killed by Mystique to show her cruel side.
I think that would be too early and too cruel for Mystique to do something like that. If I remember she didn't kill any mutant in the original trilogy. Even Magneto doesn't kill his own kind unless it would benefit all the mutants.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #72
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah killing Havok is a little bit too soon. They should start going into his family in FC2 in the least mentioning and setting up Scott. Would be a waste if they didnt do that.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #73
JP
Smelly

I'm just glad Fox FINALLY settled on a solid release date early. They always wait until the last minute and get a ****** release date (IE, the first weekend in June).

So far, nothing about First Class is rushed. That is just great.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #74
magneto23
Side-Kick

All this extra time gives them the opportunity to promote the hell out of this sequel. They can attach a teaser to The Wolverine, comic con 2013, Trailer 1 with the Hobbit pt2, Trailer 2 with a May blockbuster. Maybe even a nice viral campaign. That's a lot of chances to build up hype and anticipation.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #75
JP
Smelly

Definitely. Main problem with the last movie - zero hype.

Closed Thread