The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Best month release for the sequel (2014)?
March 2 5.71%
April 1 2.86%
May 12 34.29%
June 4 11.43%
July 12 34.29%
August 2 5.71%
Later 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #76
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: First Class Sequel - July 18, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
All this extra time gives them the opportunity to promote the hell out of this sequel. They can attach a teaser to The Wolverine, comic con 2013, Trailer 1 with the Hobbit pt2, Trailer 2 with a May blockbuster. Maybe even a nice viral campaign. That's a lot of chances to build up hype and anticipation.
Definitely, attaching a teaser to the Wolverine is definitely something they should do.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #77
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
All this extra time gives them the opportunity to promote the hell out of this sequel. They can attach a teaser to The Wolverine, comic con 2013, Trailer 1 with the Hobbit pt2, Trailer 2 with a May blockbuster. Maybe even a nice viral campaign. That's a lot of chances to build up hype and anticipation.
pretty Great points. Im sure Fox will do a bigger job this time

Old 06-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #78
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

The sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man comes out May 2014, so I think the best time to release X-Men FC 2 is July. I still don't think there has been much "hype" for an X-Men film since the first two films. First Class was great IMO, but it felt kind of "small." But it could be a great set up if they do the sequel right.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #79
BMM
Side-Kick

Since the first two films? X-Men 3 maintained the most hype for any X-Men movie I have ever seen. Unfortunately, it was also wasted on one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #80
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think that would be too early and too cruel for Mystique to do something like that. If I remember she didn't kill any mutant in the original trilogy. Even Magneto doesn't kill his own kind unless it would benefit all the mutants.
He's a much loved character in XFC. Have him die like how Jean died in X2 will bring people to tears.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #81
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
He's a much loved character in XFC. Have him die like how Jean died in X2 will bring people to tears.
It's too early to start killing people off. Why are you so obsessed with killing people off? Surely people have learned something from the deaths in X3?

I want to learn more about Banshee and Havok, not see them bumped off. Not to mention it's totally against the grain of the source material.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #82
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

There are certain things I want to see in a sequel to First Class. Professor X was just paralyzed by the end of FC, yet it didn't really show the impact it had on him. One scene he gets shot and says "I can't feel my legs!" Then another scene he is in a wheelchair like nothing really happened. I want to see the effects that this had on him, and how it has hurt him inside. He also was "betrayed" by Magneto. What does that do to him?

At some point I want to see an introduction to Scott Summers. We know he is supposed to be a leader, yet the first three films never really went deep into his character at all. Why was he chosen, and why was he special in Professor X's eyes? They made him feel like some guy with a simple power that barely did anything. Made Xavier's choice feel random. I want for Professor X to see something special in Scott, and say "You are the one that I need to help lead our team."

Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #83
def28
Side-Kick

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56219
Quote:
One of my little birds Weapon X recently dropped me some information that 20th Century Fox had recently registered the title DAYS OF FUTURE PAST with the MPAA Title Registration Bureau. The Bureau exists for studios and productions companies to stake their claims on certain titles that they intend to release and distribute, so that others can stray from using a similar title.

To the average person, DAYS OF FUTURE PAST might not mean anything, but, if you're an X-Men fan, you know this feeds directly into that neighborhood of the Marvel Universe.

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST was a two-issue story arc of the X-Men comics, published by Marvel in 1981, that dealt with alternative timelines. In an alternative future, mutants were incarcerated in internment camps. However, the Kitty Pryde of that time transfers her mind to the Kitty Pryde of now in order to prevent that from ever happening. The assassination of Senator Robert Kelly by the Brotherhood is what sets off this chain of events, and now with the X-Men made aware of the future, they must try to stop it from happening and... well, it's almost like BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II, but with mutants.

This brings Sentinels into the mix, and this also brings forth that alternative future, which still exists on an alternative timeline as opposed to disappearing altogether. Could that be a potential link to the restart of the traditional X-MEN franchise, or the long-rumored X-MEN 4, which could be entirely rebooted without touching the original trilogy of films?

I wouldn't expect the storyline to be followed exactly. However, it sounds very possible that a tweaked version of it may be the way Fox is going with the X-Men.

This sounds like no coincidence.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #84
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

That would be amazing.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #85
JP
Smelly

While it would, AICN was off the money with EVERYTHING they reported in regard to XMFC, so I'll just wait and see.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #86
def28
Side-Kick

Didnt the producers mention the possibility taking on this story awhile agoy?

It is one of the most popular X stories. Still I would be surprised with them going this route. Wouldnt complain though. Could be awesome if done right.

Bring on the Sci fi elements and Sentinels!!!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #87
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

This could work quite well. Will be exciting to see Kitty for sure.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #88
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
While it would, AICN was off the money with EVERYTHING they reported in regard to XMFC, so I'll just wait and see.
Very true.

def28 - Yes, Lauren Shuler-Donner has been talking for quite some time about how much she would love to do a Days of the Future Past storyline in the movies.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #89
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
That would be amazing.
It really would be, I have to say if they were to go this route it really wouldn't shock me. Avengers really raised the stake IMO for the comic book movie and this would certainly be an interesting way to go with FC2.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 06-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #90
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
def28 - Yes, Lauren Shuler-Donner has been talking for quite some time about how much she would love to do a Days of the Future Past storyline in the movies.
Gotcha. I like the risk in doing this story if it is what they are planning. Should bring more attention to the franchise. Alot of possibilities. Hope its true.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #91
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Since the first two films? X-Men 3 maintained the most hype for any X-Men movie I have ever seen. Unfortunately, it was also wasted on one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen.
Yeah

All that hype came off the back of X2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It's too early to start killing people off. Why are you so obsessed with killing people off? Surely people have learned something from the deaths in X3?

I want to learn more about Banshee and Havok, not see them bumped off. Not to mention it's totally against the grain of the source material.
Seconded. Deaths should be very rare (reserved for the likes of Jean/Phoenix) and only when it is going to add so much that it outweighs all the good that the character could do in future films.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #92
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
This could work quite well. Will be exciting to see Kitty for sure.
I don't see how that will be exciting considering we've seen her in the past three X-men films. Bring on someone who hasn't been in the movies yet.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #93
Electrix
Side-Kick

Will be interesting to see how they adapt this - if it's true. Time travel can get messy, but it would be cool to see some of the original cast if they're involved somehow.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #94
JP
Smelly

We really only saw her once played brilliantly by Ellen Page. I'd love to see Page again.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #95
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah Id like to see Kitty on screen again.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #96
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

whose to say it will be kitty? they may change the story to make it a different character?

but then who knows maybe X3 will be ignored and have a different actress playing kitty

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #97
Brian2887
Nerd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Seconded. Deaths should be very rare (reserved for the likes of Jean/Phoenix) and only when it is going to add so much that it outweighs all the good that the character could do in future films.
The deaths in X-Men 3 didn't make it a bad film. It was the reason for the deaths and the way they were handled. Cyclops was killed after three minutes of screen time just because he wanted to work on Superman with Bryan Singer. All the other deaths fell flat because Brett Ratner can't film emotion. He wanted to kill characters for the simple sake of killing characters.

To say the characters should all be completely safe from death really handcuffs the filmmakers and makes the movie feel safe. If there's a good reason to kill a character, a powerful scene in which to do it, I'm all in. Matthew Vaughn is a better filmmaker and writer than Ratner will ever be, and if his story involves knocking off Banshee or whoever, go for broke, man.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #98
Snikt
Side-Kick

Well perhaps this will be a way for everyone to get what they want. Because alternate futures and timelines don't negate what's come before them. But offers exactly what the title implies...alternate.

I've loved all the X-Men films so far. And this would be an awesome way for the original cast and the new cast to meet. Really this could work for a First Class sequel and and X4

Old 06-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #99
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I don't see how that will be exciting considering we've seen her in the past three X-men films. Bring on someone who hasn't been in the movies yet.
Well we'd seen Xavier, Mags, Beast before & I loved all the reinterpretations of them. It's a brand new project & time period and characters like Storm & Cyclops if used would be totally different from the X1/X2 versions.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #100
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Here Is my thoughts on this.

X4 Is officially dead.

Last year Matthew Vaughn talked about bringing back Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellan for flashforward for sequel.There Is chance of seeing original characters In future scenes In Days of future past future

we know Lauren Shueller Donner wants to do days of future Past.

This Means first Class can remain prequel to X-Men and X2.The sequel can be seen after other films since time travel can create something to give them leaveway to make some changes.Just like Star Trek.The other films(at least X-Men and X2) still happened but time travel has caused something to change.

Speculation here:we start in future with sentinles unleashed On world.Time travel Allows character to be sent to past.Perhapes the event which caused
the public to be aware of mutants evenlully leads to creation of sentintles.So character from future tries to stop It.Perhapes something else which affects the future happens.

We may have figured out why Fox Is giving them so much time for this film.

They can have It both ways like Star Trek.They keep the series going and time travel created problems allows them to keep It fresh.

Closed Thread