The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Default Re: Sons of Anarchy - Part 1

These guys always find the best music! That song is Trouble weighs a Ton by Dan Auerbach from the Black Keys.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #27
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
'Sons of Anarchy' season 5: Intel from Kurt Sutter, plus promo puts Jax on collision course
by Mandi Bierly

FX has released an ominous promo for Sons of Anarchy‘s fifth season, which premieres in September. Watch it below. Jax (Charlie Hunnam) crosses a bridge toward Tara (Maggie Siff) — is he leading the club or riding away from them? — and when Gemma (Katey Sagal) tries to stop him, he swerves and drives right off of it. To me, it’s an interpretation of what creator Kurt Sutter told EW will be at the heart of season 5: “What I want to look at this season is the idea that this [being at the head of the table] was always supposed to be his destiny. Can he be the leader of an outlaw empire without ultimately becoming Clay [Ron Perlman] or suffering the weaknesses or the setbacks that John Teller suffered? And ultimately, what kind of leader is Jax? Is this a job that he can do, and is it a job he can do well? Those questions get answered this season.”

As we report in our Comic-Con preview issue, on newsstands now, after season 4, which ended with Clay (Ron Perlman) in a hospital bed and Jax replacing him as club president, season 5 will feel less like a runaway train. “There’s a method to the madness this season that is being orchestrated by Jax,” Sutter says. The premiere will introduce two new characters. Nero Padilla (Jimmy Smits), an OG gangbanger with an exit strategy, becomes a sort of mentor for Jax. “His whole thing is making enough money to punch that ticket and get out,” Sutter says. (At SOA‘s Comic-Con panel Sunday, Sutter will show the first five minutes of the 90-minute season opener, which includes a first look at Nero. Fans of The Shield will recognize the name of his Latino gang, the Byz-Lats.) On the flip side is Damon Pope (Harold Perrineau), a gangster who is the father of the young woman killed in Tig’s (Kim Coates) misplaced retaliation for Clay’s shooting. He too becomes an example for Jax. “He’s a guy who has turned his drug dynasty into a legitimate business and has given back to his community and become this savior to the hood,” Sutter says. “He has success and happiness and has utilized the outlaw life to his advantage. So you have these conflicting visions, the sort of good-Jax/bad-Jax dynamic that happens over the course of the season.”

A few more teases:

Clay’s road to crazytown ends: “I think we’ll see a broken Clay at the beginning of the season and, interestingly enough, as difficult as this might be for some people to wrap their head around, I think you’re gonna see a very contrite Clay,” Sutter says. “The damage that was done, not just to him physically but ultimately to the club and to his family, didn’t happen in vain for him. They have a big impact on him. I think you’ll see a much more humbled, and obviously more physically and emotionally vulnerable Clay.”

• The Gemma-Tara relationship will have its own twists and turns: “The thing I love about some of the character arcs this season is that there’s no straight lines,” Sutter says. “There’s no straight line with Jax and Clay [since Jax has to keep Clay around so the Irish will work with the cartel, part of Jax's deal with the CIA], or with Gemma and Tara. Tara and Gemma have this mother-daughter dynamic that happens where one episode they’re at each other’s throats and then next episode, they realize how much they need each other. [Laughs] I personally have that going on at home. I have a daughter heading off to college. It’s incredibly emotionalized around my house between these two women right now. So I see the ebbs and flows of that emotionality, and the need for someone to break free and be their own voice and independent person, like my daughter, and then suddenly, there’s that sense of ‘Ohmygod, I’m so afraid, I need my mommy.’ And then, ‘F— you, mommy. I want you to leave me alone.’ So I see this on a daily basis. It’s an interesting dynamic, and I thought that’s an interesting thing to happen with Gemma and Tara. Like Tara’s this woman who now is trying to be her own person in this world, and yet, she does need Gemma to a certain extent. She doesn’t have all the skills yet. So you never know from episode to episode where they’re gonna land. It’s not a straight trajectory, in terms of, ‘Oh, you’re my enemy, I’m against you,’ or ‘You’re my ally, and I’m with you.’ We really see it change circumstance to circumstance, which I think, for me, feels more naturalistic and real.”

• Danny Trejo’s Romeo is back: The cartel muscle, who’s actually CIA, will be in the premiere and then, Sutter hopes, in a few episodes in the back half of the season.

• Rockmond Dunbar’s Eli Roosevelt returns: “For me, I love the idea of seeing the dynamic between outlaw and law enforcement in small towns. What ultimately happened between Clay and Unser [Dayton Callie] over a period of 15 or 20 years is not an unusual thing to happen in small, isolated communities like this. I like the idea of perhaps seeing some of the history that played out between Clay and Unser start to play out between Jax and Eli. Not that suddenly Eli is gonna be in the Sons’ camp, because he definitely isn’t,” Sutter says. “But you’ll understand some of the challenges of both the outlaw and the cop when you’re faced with what’s best for the town.”

• Unser remains awesome: “He doesn’t really have his own arc like he’s had in the past, but he’s the omniscient character who becomes aware of what everyone’s doing, and he ultimately becomes this kind of interesting thread between several of the bigger stories,” Sutter says. “So I don’t know if we’ll see as much of Unser this season, but he’ll have a vital role in bringing everything to the surface, at the very least.”

• That “most disturbing SOA sex scene” Sutter tweeted about writing… It’s in episode 5. He wouldn’t elaborate.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/10/so...eason-5-promo/

Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Sounds awesome! I can't wait!

Old 07-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
THUNDERSTRIKE
FLIP OFF!

sure hope that disturbing SOA sex scene in ep 5, WHATEVER it is, doesn't involve Tig...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnzii DeeYa, unstable B***hQueen, and
Fylia, her kiss-ass, and Leecherus, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The **** lies thru the guise of her deceitful words and lies in the fetid s**t-heap she calls a life, useless to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the misled, gullible travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.
TYAFU

Old 07-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #30
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Old 07-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #31
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

now that is nice......

Old 07-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #32
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Awesome poster. Can't wait.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
Heisenberg
I Am The Danger

Really like the poster, but the S should be on the ground, like the A. Totally looks wrong like it is.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #34
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Sons of Anarchy Season 4 Blu-ray and DVD Arrive August 28th

Fox Home Entertainment will release Sons of Anarchy: Season Four on Blu-ray and DVD, and
Ride full-throttle with the Sons of Anarchy into the most intense, adrenaline-charged season ever! Out of prison and back in business, SAMCRO faces a powerful new nemesis as they forge an unlikely alliance and head in a dangerous new direction. As a deadly internal power struggle rocks the club to its very core, Jax struggles with the legacy of his father and makes plans for the future of his family amid chaos, corruption, betrayal, and murder. Action-packed with electrifying extended episodes, Sons of Anarchy Season Four will take you for the ride of your life!

Special Features:

Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #35
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Sons of Anarchy Season 5: Sins of the Fathers, some thoughts, interview excerpts
By April MacIntyre Aug 1, 2012, 5:30 GMT

Season five of "Sons of Anarchy" will bring the chickens home to roost. Fans know what Tig (Kim Coates) did last season, and with all the hoopla over the casting of that plum role of Oakland kingpin Damon Pope (Harold Perrineau), the **** is gonna get real right out of the gate for the SAMCRO gang.

Sons of Anarchy fifth season debuts on Tuesday, September 11th at 10:00. It will air on Tuesdays at 10:00 for 13 weeks.

The sins of the Fathers are visited upon the sons, or in this MC tale, it may be the daughters who pay, according to showrunner Kurt Sutter.
Sutter foreshadowed much tsores (troubles) for the MC and for our borderline hot head who's already consumed with guilt over executing Opie's wife Donna, and who still has sublimated feelings of lust for Gemma (Katey Sagal).

Tig's an even hotter mess.

Last season our Tig mistakenly killed Pope's daughter, and now his daughters Dawn and Fawn might be in big trouble according to the interviews coming out of Comic Con and the panel this past Saturday at the TCA's.

Let's talk about season 5 in a purely speculative sweep.

In numerology, the number 5 loves pleasure and needs to watch over-indulgence and impulsiveness. This impulsive nature allows 5 to enter a situation and be able to discard it just as easily. The 5 energy does not hold onto anything that creates monotony in their life. The 5 abhors routine and a dull, monotonous occupation is 'death' to them.

This numeric vibe is right on the money for this season, after seeing the first two episodes.

The series continues to be the highest rated series in the network’s history, thanks in great part to Kurt Sutter's clever casting, writing and blending of stories to keep fans on the edge of their seats. His wife Katey Sagal portrays one of the best female characters ever written for the TV, and our Gemma in season 5 has never looked better as she lays waste to men and keeps her family close.

Guest stars Danny Trejo, Harold Perrineau and Jimmy Smits also make for a delicious trio of badass alpha males this season.

One critic asked Sutter about the end of days for SAMCRO.

"My sense of where the show will end up includes definitely includes Jax and perhaps Gemma and Clay..." said Sutter. "I don’t know ...I guess my short answer to that is yes. I don’t think the show continues without Jax because I believe it’s his journey. But I think as we come into Season 5 and really, I’ve said this before, it’s really the first season I’ve had to have a very clear sense of what my end game is, because I realize that this season now, I have to write to that end game."

"I think the stakes get higher with each season. The circumstances get more dire. The wreckage gets deeper, and I think as a result of that, you know, things will change. And I know that sounds ridiculously cryptic, but I don’t quite know how that all will fall apart, but I know that eventually it will. But the show is the prince’s journey, so there is no show without Jax."
The casting of “Damon Pope” was one of the hottest acting prizes to snatch up, and he spoke about the casting of Harold Perrineau.

Sutter said, "I always I look at a character and try to have an understanding of what that archetype is, and then I think in terms of what’s the most interesting way to cast that archetype, and usually it’s going against what the expectation might be. So for me, the character of Damon Pope was a guy who had come out of the streets and really changed the perception of who he was. And I think I wanted a guy that had the ability to have refinement, to show some kind of vulnerability, and I knew that I wanted an actor who could play all those levels, that you would believe him in a suit and tie standing in front of a city council meeting, at the same time as somebody that had the depth and the ability to turn dark and to do some of the heinous things that he clearly does in the first couple of episodes."

The questions about Kim Coates' Tig arose, as the expected reaction from Pope is going to be swift and fierce.

According to Sutter, "...we set up that dynamic last year with Tig and his daughters, and it’s one of those things that’s part of the beauty of what we get to do, is that what can begin as a clever joke in Season 2 when he talks about his daughters Fawn and Dawn — which, to me, was just a weird, quirky Tig thing — to ultimately thinking, well, maybe we should see Fawn and Dawn and to developing that as we did last season, and then coming into this season where I realized Tig just killed someone’s daughter. How do we retaliate against that?"

"So it’s one of those things that, when you take a step back, it looks like you planned it out. And as usual, I kind of stumbled into it. But I always knew Kim had that range. All these guys up on this stage have the range to do all those things, and when you have a character like Tig, who we’ve seen go through so many big swings in terms of the things that he’s done, and even last season where we saw the ramifications of perhaps the things that he had done for Clay chew away at him, that it just seemed like a good segue into at least beginning that season with stripping him down and breaking him a little bit. And then the rest of the season it opens up an interesting dynamic with Tig and now Jax to perhaps have Jax kind of rebuild him to a certain extent."

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/sm...rview-excerpts
Before the Anarachy
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Before the Anarchy: "Unser" and "Damon"
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Before the Anarchy: Chucky and Gemma
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #36
Maximus One
Oddball

Nice! I am LOVING the notion of Jax and Tig. This season can't come soon enough!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #37
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Sons of Anarchy - Season 5 Promo #1
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #38
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Jax asking for Clay's help in that promo?! Can't wait 'til this starts back up!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #39
Maximus One
Oddball

Hell YES!!!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #40
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Promo #2
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Promo - Tara

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by rashad; 08-18-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #41
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

I cannot wait for season 5 to start! Jax looks badass!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #42
Maximus One
Oddball

Anybody think of Piney when they saw Clay with the oxygen??

Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #43
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Anybody think of Piney when they saw Clay with the oxygen??
Yeah, but Clay deserves it.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #44
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Promo #2 (Lo-res)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Promo - Tara (Lo-Res)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sweet!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #45
Maximus One
Oddball

Well yea he deserves it. My was intended for Piney not Clay lol

Old 08-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #46
THUNDERSTRIKE
FLIP OFF!

gonna be so weird seeing Clay on the outside as the club outcast...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnzii DeeYa, unstable B***hQueen, and
Fylia, her kiss-ass, and Leecherus, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The **** lies thru the guise of her deceitful words and lies in the fetid s**t-heap she calls a life, useless to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the misled, gullible travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.
TYAFU

Old 08-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #47
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

At least we know Clay will survive until the seventh season. I doubt any club member will get hurt until then too. Maybe Tig but I don't see anyone else.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #48
Maximus One
Oddball

I hope Tig doesn't die. That's one thing this show has done though is prove that they can kill pretty much any character and the show will be able to sustain itself. The only show I've ever seen do this so effectively is maybe Game of Thrones

Old 08-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #49
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Updated Promo #2 in HD quality!

Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Promo Gemma (Lo-Res)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by rashad; 08-17-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #50
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Marathoned season 1-4 on netflix, can't wait for season 5.

Spill

Closed Thread