The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #26
lostzilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Hi.

Was this video released in HD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu_K1...ayer_embedded#!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #27
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
I would love to know what's the thinking behind pushing THE HULK so much in the trailers and tv spots.

Is it that HULK appeals a lot to kids so they're trying to use that to bring them in, or is it that his movie performed the least of all the solo films and this is part of the plans to revitalise the franchise?
Hulk smashing stuff sells. Banner moping around and looking for a cure doesn't.

That's the reason people who hated or ignored the Hulk films are going to love him here

Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #28
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I know this is a bit random. But remember the Hulk vs Abomination fight in TIH? Remember when hulk was on top of Abomination, and Abomination kicked hulk off of him? Hulk went flying like, over 600 feet, very, very fast. He went, FLYING. I think that act by Abomination, very well may be the best feat of strength in the MCU. It goes really overlooked. But that is half a ton he effortlessly kicked away across the city.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #29
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Also, am I the only one who prefers to see the movie on release date? Meaning, if i had an opportunity to see an early screening, I would say no.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
I would love to know what's the thinking behind pushing THE HULK so much in the trailers and tv spots.

Is it that HULK appeals a lot to kids so they're trying to use that to bring them in, or is it that his movie performed the least of all the solo films and this is part of the plans to revitalise the franchise?
Hulk is really the only A-lister on the team. Sure, with all the recent films the exposure of Cap and Thor has gone up but aside from Iron Man (because of his two films over the past handful of years) Hulk is the most recognizable.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #31
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Hulk is really the only A-lister on the team. Sure, with all the recent films the exposure of Cap and Thor has gone up but aside from Iron Man (because of his two films over the past handful of years) Hulk is the most recognizable.
Yeah, I believe that's the case.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Also, am I the only one who prefers to see the movie on release date? Meaning, if i had an opportunity to see an early screening, I would say no.
I hate release day screenings. Midnight ones more so. Mostly because people annoy me.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #33
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

What an awesome new spot! I'm glad Hulk has some personality.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #34
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
I hate release day screenings. Midnight ones more so. Mostly because people annoy me.
Screaming and wooting, right?

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #35
samsnee
Side-Kick

There was a severe lack of Hulk in the early marketing since the FX weren't done so I guess they're playing catch-up.

The only ones who haven't been given due credit so far are Hawkeye, with no real lines, and Thor, who hasn't seen much action besides being kicked around by Tony.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #36
Chewy
REDACTED

Hawkeye and Thor aren't in the early part of the movie that most of the trailer/TV spot clips are coming from

Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #37
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Screaming and wooting, right?
Just... anything. I go to public theaters for a full on entertainment experience. Popcorn, soda, nachos, candy, a big ass screen and epic sound. But every single opening weekend I've convinced myself it's worth putting up with people to see a flick I've been ticked off beyond belief. The small minority that would rather talk, text and cause a distraction is enough for me to stay away.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #38
liveman789
Side-Punch

Yeah I'm avoiding the midnight screening because I know it's gonna be bombarded with geeks high fiveing each other after every line in the movie and being loud and over the top. Going to a comic book movie on a midnight release is like going to a scary movie in a theater full of black people. Not to be racist.

I'd rather go the Sunday after with the general audience, plus I like seeing the reactions of the general audience better.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #39
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Think you guys are over exaggerating midnight audiences. Haha!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #40
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

That was an amazing tv spot!! Cap looks great! Hulk looks incredible!

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #41
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I like the big crowd. I know there will be a lot of bandwagon fans and such. A bunch of, kids, going out.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #42
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

From Edgar Wright: Was just back behind the camera for the first time in nearly two years. Can't say on what, but it was cool...

http://twitter.com/#!/edgarwright

From Peter at Slashfilm: I really don't know what @edgarwright's up to but remember, Joss Whedon shot the after credits sequence for Thor…. :P

http://twitter.com/#!/slashfilm

Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #43
Splat
Side-Kick

I get one off day during the week with my job. I'll ask off for that Friday and see the first showing with a half full theater and love it.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #44
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Hawkeye and Thor aren't in the early part of the movie that most of the trailer/TV spot clips are coming from
Isn't Hawkeye with Fury and Selvig at the beginning of the movie?

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
Yeah I'm avoiding the midnight screening because I know it's gonna be bombarded with geeks high fiveing each other after every line in the movie and being loud and over the top. Going to a comic book movie on a midnight release is like going to a scary movie in a theater full of black people. Not to be racist.

I'd rather go the Sunday after with the general audience, plus I like seeing the reactions of the general audience better.

That's so true its not funny.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #46
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
Going to a comic book movie on a midnight release is like going to a scary movie in a theater full of black people. Not to be racist.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #47
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Just... anything. I go to public theaters for a full on entertainment experience. Popcorn, soda, nachos, candy, a big ass screen and epic sound. But every single opening weekend I've convinced myself it's worth putting up with people to see a flick I've been ticked off beyond belief. The small minority that would rather talk, text and cause a distraction is enough for me to stay away.
Yeah, they bug me too. I don't tend to go when they're just out, so I usually don't have to put up with anything other than the odd flash of a phone screen in the darkness. Though there have been times.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #48
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I like both sides of it the midnight crowds and the normal movie going experience as many times as I'ma see this movie, I'll experience it all

Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #49
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Unfortunately that doesn't make much sense as the after credits scene is already being screened

Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #50
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
Think you guys are over exaggerating midnight audiences. Haha!
No **** haha. I will be at the midnight release for sure.

Closed Thread