The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #51
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
There was a severe lack of Hulk in the early marketing since the FX weren't done so I guess they're playing catch-up.
I forgot about that. Very true.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #52
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by poni_boy View Post
from edgar wright: was just back behind the camera for the first time in nearly two years. Can't say on what, but it was cool...

http://twitter.com/#!/edgarwright

from peter at slashfilm: i really don't know what @edgarwright's up to but remember, joss whedon shot the after credits sequence for thor….

http://twitter.com/#!/slashfilm

Don't tease me bro! Please!

I can't take this, maaaaaaan!

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #53
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Yeah, they bug me too. I don't tend to go when they're just out, so I usually don't have to put up with anything other than the odd flash of a phone screen in the darkness. Though there have been times.
Yep. I'll just say I've been banned from the Dolphin Mall theater in Miami because of a bad opening weekend experience.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #54
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Isn't Hawkeye with Fury and Selvig at the beginning of the movie?
Yeah but then Selvig and Hawkeye go away and aren't there for all of the "team assembling" scenes

Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #55
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Seeing footage from this movie is unlike seeing footage for any other movie. The sight of these characters talking to each other is just so wild. Everytime I see them interacting I get so, well, excited or something, lol. Giddy I guess. Like when cap tells hulk to smash. That's just crazy!!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #56
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
From Edgar Wright: Was just back behind the camera for the first time in nearly two years. Can't say on what, but it was cool...

From Peter at Slashfilm: I really don't know what @edgarwright's up to but remember, Joss Whedon shot the after credits sequence for Thor…. :P

I wonder, are they alluding to just Ant-man or that Wright may have had a go on the after credits scene like Whedon did for Thor? Either way if it's means they're definitely moving forward on the Cornish/Wright Ant-man script then it's all cool.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #57
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep. I'll just say I've been banned from the Dolphin Mall theater in Miami because of a bad opening weekend experience.
I got my midnight screening tickets to the Dolphin mall in miami

Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #58
alexlachiusa
Side-Kick

Quote:
From Edgar Wright: Was just back behind the camera for the first time in nearly two years. Can't say on what, but it was cool...

From Peter at Slashfilm: I really don't know what @edgarwright's up to but remember, Joss Whedon shot the after credits sequence for Thor…. :P

Ooooooooooooohhhh.

Wait...wouldn't they have filmed the after credits scene months ago?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #59
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I wonder, are they alluding to just Ant-man or that Wright may have had a go on the after credits scene like Whedon did for TFA? Either way if it's means they're definitely moving forward on the Cornish/Wright Ant-man script then it's all cool.
Eh. Like I said, the after credits Avengers scene is already being screened so it doesn't make much sense that Wright is filming anything Avengers related today.

I also stick strongly by my opinion that unless Wright severely changed his Ant-Man film idea it's not going anywhere.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 04-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #60
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
I like both sides of it the midnight crowds and the normal movie going experience as many times as I'ma see this movie, I'll experience it all
Same here. I enjoy the loud midnight crowd in Leicester Square on opening night. The IMAX chilled out experience with the most impressive picture and sound. The GA friday night packed local cinema and the Sunday early daytime shopping centre multiplex showing complete with crying kids.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #61
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlachiusa View Post
Ooooooooooooohhhh.

Wait...wouldn't they have filmed the after credits scene months ago?
Not necessarily.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #62
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

honestly, at this point, I think I'd rather have Wright finish his Cornetto Trilogy before he tackles Ant Man. I've been waiting for that movie way longer.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #63
BobbyCorwin88

I really wish I could say I liked the "Hulk Smash" line as much as everyone else seems to.

When I saw the smirk the first thing my mind went to was the EMH Hulk, who I don't really care for at all. And of course it's an obvious edit between Cap's lines, but I can't say I love the execution on this one.

Hulk looks great. Can't deny that. I have a slight problem with people saying things like "finally, a Hulk with some personality!" I really can't agree with that in any way. You guys seriously think the Hulk in TIH showed zero personality? The fact that he smirks is enough to show his personality? I really don't get it. I don't see how his representation in TIH could be anything less than an awesome interpretation of his character with loads of personality. The fact that he doesn't act exactly like a regular human being doesn't mean he is devoid of characterization.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #64
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I actually hope they do Ant Man without wright already if they get nowhere soon, I love Wrights work, but not a fan of his idea for the movie mostly because I'm a Pym fan he is the one true Ant Man to me all the others I'm meh about. So if he isn't willing to budge for whatever reason move along.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #65
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Eh. Like I said, the after credits Avengers scene is already being screened so it doesn't make much sense that Wright is filming anything Avengers related today.
Probably, though we could dissect his tweet and wonder how recently he meant. Though in all likely hood it probably did mean something more recently than 'months ago'.

Quote:
I also stick strongly by my opinion that unless Wright severely changed his Ant-Man film idea it's not going anywhere.
Oh yeah, I remember it was you who said that. Though I and a few others had pointed out that it has seen several redrafts. Who knows, perhaps that was part of the reason they kept getting asked for redrafts?

Though I guess there really isn't much to go on right now, but I just can't help but get a bit excited by a Edgar Wright Marvel movie.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #66
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Yeah but then Selvig and Hawkeye go away and aren't there for all of the "team assembling" scenes
Ah gotcha.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #67
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I want Edgar to take his time and be happy with it. If Edgar Wright leaves Ant-Man, I'm not really that interested in an Ant-Man movie anymore.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #68
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Unfortunately that doesn't make much sense as the after credits scene is already being screened
this sounds about right.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #69
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCorwin88 View Post
I really wish I could say I liked the "Hulk Smash" line as much as everyone else seems to.

When I saw the smirk the first thing my mind went to was the EMH Hulk, who I don't really care for at all. And of course it's an obvious edit between Cap's lines, but I can't say I love the execution on this one.

Hulk looks great. Can't deny that. I have a slight problem with people saying things like "finally, a Hulk with some personality!" I really can't agree with that in any way. You guys seriously think the Hulk in TIH showed zero personality? The fact that he smirks is enough to show his personality? I really don't get it. I don't see how his representation in TIH could be anything less than an awesome interpretation of his character with loads of personality. The fact that he doesn't act exactly like a regular human being doesn't mean he is devoid of characterization.
Yep, I agree. Just because this version is an improvement doesn't mean it's the be-all-end-all interpretation of Hulk. If it wasn't for both 2003's Hulk and TIH this version wouldn't be as good as it is (at least visually). No need to lay waste to the previous ones just because this one is better, that's what improvement is all about. Plus I'm not a fan of EMH Hulk either. It's just too silly most of the time for my taste.

And, just to add a bit of perspective, we have yet to see this Hulk say even one word so don't get too excited about him being talkative.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #70
Deejo
Side-Kick

Can someone link me to the Hulk dialogue? I can't find it. Cheers!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #71
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Hi guys....haven't been around much last few days because I haven't been well....and guess what....it seems there have been all kinds of complaints about people trolling and being uncivil.....so pass the word....people are going to probationville at the next out of line thing I see.

Play nice....or don't play.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #72
BobbyCorwin88

Quote:
Yep, I agree. Just because this version is an improvement doesn't mean it's the be-all-end-all Hulk. Plus I'm not a fan of EMH Hulk either. It's just too silly most of the time for my taste.

And, just to add a bit of perspective, we have yet to see this Hulk say even one word so don't get too excited about his being talkative.
I feel like I'm one of the very few who wants his overall dialogue to be about the same as it was in TIH. Just a few key lines here and there, nothing huge. For me, Hulk's on-screen presence has been much more powerful as a purely physical being. I see him more as a force of nature. In the movies anyway.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #73
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

well it was kind of already stated that he'll have a few lines at least. and i can't really see why they'd add hulks dialogue in any of the trailers or tv spots. i suspect they're saving whatever he says for the movie.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #74
BobbyCorwin88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
well it was kind of already stated that he'll have a few lines at least. and i can't really see why they'd add hulks dialogue in any of the trailers or tv spots. i suspect they're saving whatever he says for the movie.
I'm completely ok with hearing him say "Hulk strongest there is!" somewhere in the final battle. In fact I pretty much expect that. It could serve as a very nice turning point in the fight when everything seems to be going south, then all of a sudden Hulk explodes with that line and starts pounding away.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #75
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCorwin88 View Post
I feel like I'm one of the very few who wants his overall dialogue to be about the same as it was in TIH. Just a few key lines here and there, nothing huge. For me, Hulk's on-screen presence has been much more powerful as a purely physical being. I see him more as a force of nature. In the movies anyway.
I prefer a Hulk who can speak, but chooses not to. I'd much rather see him doing his usual one or two word exclamatory phrases and then, at some point in the film, let it be known that he can communicate just fine; he just has nothing to say.

Closed Thread