The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #26
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: SCENES Ideas/Descriptions for the sequel [Fanmade]

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Isn't it about time the writers/director/producers and studio execs created an X-Men 'franchise bible' so they know where they are going? Novelists who create complex sagas work out timelines and character maps, so why should this franchise not be afforded the same structure and planning?
Yeah, they should. Never seems like they have a plan. Or at least for the past 3 films, the plan seems to be just make X movies. Now that they know everyone likes FC I think they will stick with what works there. Im sure with the success of crossover films at Marvel they are taking note to just how many great characters they own. With New Mutants being rumored, no reason we cant see X-Force, X Factor or other teams. Fox has a ****load of characters, they need to start planning ahead asap into bigger storylines and have it actually work. They shot themselves in the foot a few times, even Hellfire Club with Shaw probably should have gone on for at least 2 flicks. It worked well for FC, but there was much more potential there.

Other sequel ideas
-Sinister would be cool, always figured he would be in a movie with Cyclops but Havok could work well.
-Having Havok channel energy through his hands might make for better battle scenes.
-No Stryker reference, cameo or apperance. That guys got way to much credit in these flicks.
-Bring on Fantomex!!! They need a rogue which side are they on type antihero. He could work well with Vaughns spy flick bond influence. Probably would have to ditch EVA.

Last edited by def28; 05-01-2012 at 02:39 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #27
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
First off simply view First Class as prequel to X-Men and X2.Those are only X Films first Class has any connection to.Yes contunity Isn't perfect but the films can be viewed
together.

Just because Mystique doesn't say anything about nightcrawler being her son In X2 doesn't mean he Isn't.

The contunity problem Is because of Fox.If only they quickly signed Bryan Singer after X2 he wouldn't have left and we wouldn't have the crap that was the Last Stand.Noone spent a lot of time with Wolverine worrying about being faithful to the other films.For the moment Singer got Involved With first Class It was clear the Intention was to be prequel to Singer's films and Ignore the rest.

Since I am so sick and tired of reboots I welcome how they did It.I didn't see Ghost rider Spirit of venerange since It was basicly a reboot despite keeping Nichols Cage.I hate with a passon the Idea of rebooting James Bond.I didn't see Quontum of Solace In Theatres and may not see Skyfall Inless It Is return of classic Bond however recent comments from Director and the teaser description doesn't give me much hope there.I have no Intrest In Man of Steel since I see no reason for Superman reboot.And I have no Intrest In another batman reboot after The Dark Knight Rises.Since I had problems with The Rami Trilogy(I don't view them In same regard as I do X-Men and X2) I will be seeing the Amazing SPider-Man but If I don't see that as better than Rami Trilogy I won't be seeing any sequels to It.

enough of my reboot rant.Some Ideas suggested are good but Cyclops and Jean can notshow up In any 1960's set film.I would like to see scene early In film where Polaris mannefets her power and others are mentely frozen by Xavier.He tells her she Is a mutant and there are others like her.And to prove It he talks to her telephatecly.

This would be homage to how Xavier often found some characters.
I don't see Bond, Hulk or Ghost Rider as reboots. Bond has recasts regularly, Ghost Rider had the same lead actor but chose to distance itself from the poorly-received first film, and the Hulk films could still be watched together despite the recasts.

But the bottom line is that the X-Men franchise needs to be more cohesive.

People believe the films are part of the same series and then get confused/annoyed by contradictions.

I know of mainstream viewers who notice the contradictions. Here's what someone (who isn't a geeky obsessive) said to me on Twitter: " I prefer First Class and it is a shame about the continuity - that prof x is still walking without hair when he sees wolverine. And the crystal woman is a young mutant instead of an adult."

One thing Marvel must be praised for is building a coherent world (even with recasting War Machine and Hulk). They planned it out, gradually put it together, made sure the fans would be on board.

This is something Fox needs to do with the X-Men.

Fox has a huge advantage with the X-Men in that strong themes are built into the material. There were no themes or complexities in Avengers.

A friend of mine said he finds Avengers and the Marvel films more realistic, because they are largely based on science and technology (like Iron Man's armour), and he sees the X-Men as 'weird and magical'. I argued the case about mutations, genetics, evolution, but he still sees films in which people control weather/magnetism/etc with their minds to be far-fetched fantasy.

So I'd like a lot more structure and cohesiveness in this series, a lot more planning out of films (timelines, characters) - and some more real-world science showing the sort of mutations that have occurred in the real world too. If we see Polaris's powers manifest, that could be a way of seeing her ask: Why are we like this? How does this happen? Why is it happening? We know mutations occur in nature - and that they can be triggered by radiation, viruses, chemicals, etc - and also (as said in First Class) that the arrival of the nuclear age has led to more bizarre mutations than would occur naturally.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #28
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
So I'd like a lot more structure and cohesiveness in this series, a lot more planning out of films (timelines, characters) - and some more real-world science showing the sort of mutations that have occurred in the real world too. If we see Polaris's powers manifest, that could be a way of seeing her ask: Why are we like this? How does this happen? Why is it happening? We know mutations occur in nature - and that they can be triggered by radiation, viruses, chemicals, etc - and also (as said in First Class) that the arrival of the nuclear age has led to more bizarre mutations than would occur naturally.
And, continuing what I said above (quoted here) a look at mutations and their science would be a perfect opening for Sinister.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #29
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
With New Mutants being rumored, no reason we cant see X-Force, X Factor or other teams. Fox has a ****load of characters, they need to start planning ahead asap into bigger storylines and have it actually work.
They can only start doing films with those other teams if they are more strict with character line-ups. If they keep borrowing characters from all over the place for the X-Men, then the team rosters turn into a muddle.

Quote:
They shot themselves in the foot a few times, even Hellfire Club with Shaw probably should have gone on for at least 2 flicks. It worked well for FC, but there was much more potential there.
Hellfire Club should have continued as the sinister global background organisation behind a series of events. In fact, it could still be done that way.

Quote:
-Sinister would be cool, always figured he would be in a movie with Cyclops but Havok could work well.
He could work, definitely. As someone obsessed with mutation and human enhancement. He should be linked to Cyclops though...which leads to the question of whether Cyclops could be brought in during the 60s or whether they'd need to move the story forward to the 70s.

Quote:
-Having Havok channel energy through his hands might make for better battle scenes.
Yes, and make them blue-white.

Quote:
-No Stryker reference, cameo or apperance. That guys got way to much credit in these flicks.
Agreed. Forget Stryker now.

Quote:
-Bring on Fantomex!!! They need a rogue which side are they on type antihero. He could work well with Vaughns spy flick bond influence. Probably would have to ditch EVA.
Hmm. He's a bit weird, and not sure he belongs in this 60s setting.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #30
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
They can only start doing films with those other teams if they are more strict with character line-ups. If they keep borrowing characters from all over the place for the X-Men, then the team rosters turn into a muddle.
Agreed. If they even mentioned these teams exist in the other films this would have opened a huge world for them.
Quote:
He could work, definitely. As someone obsessed with mutation and human enhancement. He should be linked to Cyclops though...which leads to the question of whether Cyclops could be brought in during the 60s or whether they'd need to move the story forward to the 70s.
Id rather they link him to Cyc, but linking to Havok could work as well I think. Definitely rather they go with Scott. Summers
Quote:
Hmm. He's a bit weird, and not sure he belongs in this 60s setting.
I somewhat agree, his history is a bit weird and confusing. Thats Grant Morrison haha. Ditching the World and EVA would simplify the character but could still keep him as a part of the Weapon Plus program. I disagree as far as the time setting, a Faux French master thief would work very well in the 60s/70s. Hes actualy based around Diabolik ( film/comci from the 60s) . I think FC really needs a Gambit/Wolverine type character and Fantomex could work very well in that sense.I think besides his heay sci fi,confusing background, hes a perfect fit.

Last edited by def28; 05-01-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Agreed. If they even mentioned these teams exist in the other films this would have opened a huge world for them.
I'd rather see the formation of those teams than have them vaguely already existing somewhere.

Quote:
Id rather they link him to Cyc, but linking to Havok could work as well I think. Definitely rather they go with Scott. Summers
Scott and Alex should be brought together I think; maybe Xavier reads Alex's mind and discovers he has a brother.

Quote:
I somewhat agree, his history is a bit weird and confusing. Thats Grant Morrison haha. Ditching the World and EVA would simplify the character but could still keep him as a part of the Weapon Plus program. As far as the time setting a Faux French master thief would work very well in the 60s/70s. Hes actualy based around Fantomas and Diabolik (comic and film from the 60s). I think FC really needs a Gambit/Wolverine type character and Fantomex could work very well in that sense.
I know the Diabolik film, a friend has it on DVD. I'm still not convinced we need Fantomex or that we must have a Wolverine substitute in the story though. Maybe the 'spy' element you like could be incorporated into Sinister, by using some elements of the Ultimate version? Or perhaps Fantomex working as an agent for Sinister, even though that twists the mythos a bit and I am increasingly unsure of too much mutant-mashing in the movies.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd rather see the formation of those teams than have them vaguely already existing somewhere.
I would rather they just jumped into their charcters depending on which team it is. I would have no problem with certain teams already set up. Not all though.
Quote:
I know the Diabolik film, a friend has it on DVD. I'm still not convinced we need Fantomex or that we must have a Wolverine substitute in the story though. Maybe the 'spy' element you like could be incorporated into Sinister, by using some elements of the Ultimate version? Or perhaps Fantomex working as an agent for Sinister, even though that twists the mythos a bit and I am increasingly unsure of too much mutant-mashing in the movies.
Well, we dont really need any character at this point adding mutants are just for contrast battles and picking remaining fan favs. It all depends on script of course, which non of us know. If there was ever a chance for an Uncanny X Force film Id say save him for that. But probably not in my lifetime. As far as mutants that fit the time period, Id say Dazzler and Fantomex are the best.

Last edited by def28; 05-01-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #33
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I would rather they just jumped into their charcters depending on which team it is. I would have no problem with certain teams already set up. Not all though.
I'd prefer it if X Factor was the government's response to X-Men and if New Mutants was formed at the school when the existing team grew up or left. That would then mean they are in a future world, after The Last Stand. I think it feels more logical that way.

Quote:
Well, we dont really need any character at this point adding mutants are just for contrast battles and picking remaining fan favs. It all depends on script of course, which non of us know. If there was ever a chance for an Uncanny X Force film Id say save him for that. But probably not in my lifetime. As far as mutants that fit the time period. I say Dazzler and Fantomex are the best.
I would rather see them adhere more closely to comic book timelines, as much as is now possible.

On that basis, Polaris, Sinister, and either Juggernaut or Cyclops. Maybe Dazzler as her lightshows would fit the psychedelic 60s. Maybe Sunfire if his energy blasts could be made to be different from Havok and if he didn't come across as a Pyro/Human Torch lookalike.

Having Xavier's brother Juggernaut and Havok's brother Cyclops both entering the scene would be a bit too much sibling soap opera, so either one or the other.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #34
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd prefer it if X Factor was the government's response to X-Men and if New Mutants was formed at the school when the existing team grew up or left. That would then mean they are in a future world, after The Last Stand. I think it feels more logical that way.
Yeah, I dont think any mention of teams should be brought up in FC. Too early.

Quote:
I would rather see them adhere more closely to comic book timelines, as much as is now possible.

On that basis, Polaris, Sinister, and either Juggernaut or Cyclops. Maybe Dazzler as her lightshows would fit the psychedelic 60s. Maybe Sunfire if his energy blasts could be made to be different from Havok and if he didn't come across as a Pyro/Human Torch lookalike.

Having Xavier's brother Juggernaut and Havok's brother Cyclops both entering the scene would be a bit too much sibling soap opera, so either one or the other.
As would I but, from the route they have been taking with characters I could care less at this point. Personally I would need a reboot to fix the comic ties. Sunfire would be cool, but adding him just cause he was there earlier in the comics doesnt make sense to me. They have yet to follow that. If they had a solid place for him in the script then use him for sure.

If they use Morrisons characters already in FC then I see no reason why that cant use one of his better characters. I agree with your earlier post, the spy thing could work well in that way. Especially with Vaughns bond influence.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #35
Angamb
Banned User

I would love to see the introduction of Polaris.

With Xavier and the team taking notice that some damage is being done somewhere and Xavier learns its a mutant so he goes in her search, with the current team, and when he finds she has the same power than Erik, a whole new suplot is set, where Xavier learns that she is in fact Erik's daugther, but decides not to tell it to her or the team, until later, thanks to some twists during the movie, Erik ends discovering her identity, goes for her and she joins his new found father and his brotherthood, but at the end of the movie ends leaving him for his ideology and comes back to the school.

I know, it seems a complex and long plot, but a good writer and director could do it with not so many screentime, so it just would deppend of how much interest Matthew have on the character, and how many new x-men he wants to introduce.

Personally, this would be amazing, for me, like a nodto the comics and tv series, but the more I want it, the more I think Fox and Matthew wont do it. Specially introducing an Erik's daugther in the franchise, with no previous info on past movies. (know how Fox is...)
But who knows? maybe I'll be surprised with Matthew later in the year when they announce the cast of Polaris...

Last edited by Angamb; 05-01-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #36
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I would love to see the introduction of Polaris.

With Xavier and the team taking notice that some damage is being done somewhere and Xavier learns its a mutant so he goes in her search, with the current team, and when he finds she has the same power than Erik, a whole new suplot is set, where Xavier learns that she is in fact Erik's daugther, but decides not to tell it to her or the team, until later, thanks to some twists during the movie, Erik ends discovering her identity, goes for her and she joins his new found father and his brotherthood, but at the end of the movie ends leaving him for his ideology and comes back to the school.

I know, it seems a complex and long plot, but a good writer and director could do it with not so many screentime, so it just would deppend of how much interest Matthew have on the character, and how many new x-men he wants to introduce.

Personally, this would be amazing, for me, like a nodto the comics and tv series, but the more I want it, the more I think Fox and Matthew wont do it. Specially introducing an Erik's daugther in the franchise, with no previous info on past movies. (know how Fox is...)
But who knows? maybe I'll be surprised with Matthew later in the year when they announce the cast of Polaris...
Alternatively, they could follow the initial comic story where she found out she wasn't his daughter after all.

Perhaps when Magneto and Emma find Polaris, she is convinced Erik is her father because of the similar powers and maybe because she has been able to sense his presence (because of the magnetism she can detect). Perhaps Emma Frost brainwashes Polaris to make her believe it even more.

Later, when she discovers she isn't really his daughter and that it's all been a cruel lie, she flees to the X-Men.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #37
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Thumbs up for Polaris!

I honestly don't wanna her to a son of Magneto in the movies because that would need a lot of explanation. But she should be Havok's lover!

I'm also curious on how her powers are gonna look like in the screen.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote