Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #26
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Default Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_man_2 View Post
Liked! After losing Spectacular Spider-Man, I can't afford to see another great show go like this. We need at least another season! We need Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hercules, Photon, the X-Men, Alpha Flight, Hellstrom, Doctor Strange, Sersi and the Eternals, Moonstone, Count Nefaria, a heroic Wonder Man, She-Hulk, Mr. Hyde, Titania, more Doom, the Thunderbolts, a Secret Wars arc, Civil War, what have you! So much goodness yet untapped... (Raise your hands if you'd love an animated Avengers vs Sinister Six throwdown)
Hand raised.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #27
Panthro
Goodbye Mr. Ramis...

Surely there are other, better stories that deserve adapting more than Civil War, right?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #28
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Aquaman is one of the most "shafted" superheroes of all time, it sucks to because he's actually more important than people give him credit for.
And marvel has namor

Old 04-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #29
lixdexia
Blood Angels

http://tnperkins.deviantart.com/art/...avengers&qo=82

ROM the space knight would have been an awesome episode...

dictated, not read.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #30
Anubis
Sup?

Hellz yeah.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #31
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Old 04-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #32
Venomfan
Side-Kick

should doom be able to take hits from the hulk he was in the last episode?

also, i want to see Namor

Old 04-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #33
Franklin Richards
Banned User

The Hulk was in the middle of Doom's inner sanctum. So yes. Plus it probably wasn't even Doom. Just a bunch of photons and forcefields. Or a tin can.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #34
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Surely there are other, better stories that deserve adapting more than Civil War, right?
The concept was sound, but the execution was, as always expected from mainstream comics, complete crap. I'd like to believe that the writers in this show can make a Civil War story without cheap cop-outs like character derailment, one-sided writing, rogue nanobots that infect Nick Fury, or the SHRA being a Skrull plot.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #35
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
should doom be able to take hits from the hulk he was in the last episode?

yes.

dictated, not read.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #36
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Doom should have been sent flying from the Hulk. It is a running gag in this series when a new character shows up, they have to own the team.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #37
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Doom's armor is on par with Iron Man's and he seems to use force fields even more. Not that surprising that he could take a few hits from the Hulk.

Anyway, if we're talking about potentially awesome things the cartoon should do but will probably never get the chance to, I'd love to see the Proctor arc from Bob Harras' run in the show. Evil Black Knight with his squad of evil alternate Avengers trying to murder all alternate versions of Sersi, the woman who broke his heart. High drama FTW.

Last edited by TheCorpulent1; 04-07-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #38
Panthro
Goodbye Mr. Ramis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlani View Post
Doom should have been sent flying from the Hulk. It is a running gag in this series when a new character shows up, they have to own the team.
What team show hasn't done that?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #39
Arthur Curry
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
......What?

Don't do that. Don't be that guy that has to bring another character down just because the character he likes doesn't get the same amount of love as another. Flash isn't just a guy who can run fast anymore than Aquaman is a useless dude who talks to fish.

His power is speed. In all it's infinite uses. You'd do well to remember that s**t.
I'm not castigating Flash's power or potential just in relates to Quicksilver and their relative uniqueness/usefulness on the main teams for both companies. I used to be a fan of Barry Allen's Flash when I was a little kid but the one-trick-ponyness of him just lost me in adulthood when he became Wally West essentially a Spider-man knockoff in characterization. That and there's like Barry Allen, Wally West, Bart Allen, Jay Garrick etc etc, so even as a speed hero it wasn't unique anymore.

I'm merely saying Quicksilver makes a better Avenger than Flash does a JLAer because the JLA has Superman, WW, Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern who ALL have some level super speed and like many other powers with it. I continue to NOT understand why the Flash is this stalwart staple in every JLA incarnation. Once in a while..sure, but EVERY time??

The MAIN Avengers team has no one with super speed if Quicksilver isn't there and he's highly underused as a full time member. UNLIKE Flash who is OVERused in every single animated thing DC does no matter how redundant he is to the lineup.

And to Aquaman taking nothing away from Flash, it is preposterous he hasn't been featured in any of JLA DC DVDs ESPECIALLY because he was so pivotal in "TOWER OF BABEL" which that "DOOM" mediocrity was largely based on. They need to shuffle that tired lineup they've been using OR expand it dare say. Why does ALWAYS have to be SEVEN?? And the first one I'd bench is Martian Manhunter due to having a very low fan base as well as having boring characterization and too similar to Superman. And the second is Flash due to power redundancy.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #40
Arthur Curry
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
I'd say with Namor I'm shocked how little his name has come up for guest spots on this show from producers and fans, or even potentially as a VERY useful member. Personally I'll take him over the dopey forced Hulk anyday. I mean he's almost as strong PLUS he can dominant the oceans which are 70-75% of the world, and is just as bad at taking orders as Hulk is, and AS big a Ahole. In the comics has a waaaayyy bigger Avengers history than Hulk as well with the other members. Cap being the biggest one.

There's alot there with Sub-mariner you can do and if this thing is whacked before Namor shows up that's a crying shame. Always had a fancy for Stingray too btw.

Last edited by Arthur Curry; 04-08-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #41
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Curry View Post
I'm not castigating Flash's power or potential just in relates to Quicksilver and their relative uniqueness/usefulness on the main teams for both companies. I used to be a fan of Barry Allen's Flash when I was a little kid but the one-trick-ponyness of him just lost me in adulthood when he became Wally West essentially a Spider-man knockoff in characterization. That and there's like Barry Allen, Wally West, Bart Allen, Jay Garrick etc etc, so even as a speed hero it wasn't unique anymore.

I'm merely saying Quicksilver makes a better Avenger than Flash does a JLAer because the JLA has Superman, WW, Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern who ALL have some level super speed and like many other powers with it. I continue to NOT understand why the Flash is this stalwart staple in every JLA incarnation. Once in a while..sure, but EVERY time??

The MAIN Avengers team has no one with super speed if Quicksilver isn't there and he's highly underused as a full time member. UNLIKE Flash who is OVERused in every single animated thing DC does no matter how redundant he is to the lineup.

And to Aquaman taking nothing away from Flash, it is preposterous he hasn't been featured in any of JLA DC DVDs ESPECIALLY because he was so pivotal in "TOWER OF BABEL" which that "DOOM" mediocrity was largely based on. They need to shuffle that tired lineup they've been using OR expand it dare say. Why does ALWAYS have to be SEVEN?? And the first one I'd bench is Martian Manhunter due to having a very low fan base as well as having boring characterization and too similar to Superman. And the second is Flash due to power redundancy.

Yeah, that just sounds like sour grapes cuz Flash is considered awesome by the ignorant masses and Aquaman is a worthless douche. Get over it dude.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #42
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Flash and Aquaman are both awesome. I don't see the conflict.

Anyway, as far as Quicksilver goes, Thor, the various Captain Marvels, and a whole slew of other Avengers are faster than he is. Not really seeing how he brings more to that team than the Flash brings to the JLA.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #43
Anubis
Sup?

Wally once evacuated an entire city in less than a second, ruining his awesome new kicks in the process. F**k Quicksilver and his slow ass.

Last edited by Anubis; 04-08-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #44
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Flash:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

'nuff said.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #45
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, that was a cool scene. Now just take that and apply it to every second of every day and you've basically got what the Flash (Wally, at least) is in the comics.

Quote:
Wally once evacuated and entire city in less than a second, ruining his awesome new kicks in the process. F**k Quicksilver and his slow ass.
I don't know why they haven't boosted Quicksilver up to higher speeds. Although Gage does sort of seem to be treating him basically like the Flash in Avengers Academy.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #46
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Flash:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

'nuff said.

God I luv that scene.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #47
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
God I luv that scene.
Yeah, amazing scene.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #48
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Flash and Aquaman are both awesome. I don't see the conflict.

Anyway, as far as Quicksilver goes, Thor, the various Captain Marvels, and a whole slew of other Avengers are faster than he is. Not really seeing how he brings more to that team than the Flash brings to the JLA.
Quote:
Wally once evacuated an entire city in less than a second, ruining his awesome new kicks in the process. F**k Quicksilver and his slow ass.
Yeah Quick Silver never really seemed all that fast compared to other superheroes who's primary powers are super speed.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 AM   #49
lixdexia
Blood Angels

ultimate quicksilver is pretty fast.

dictated, not read.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #50
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Cool. He can make it to hell nice and quick and stay there forever.

Closed Thread