The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #276
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Default Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Would I be a naughty girl if I said that I wished it was Tom in Shame instead of Michael Fassbender?
Now, now Michael Fassbender is no consolation prize there! He's equally as attractive as Tommy. I have a hard time trying to decide which villain I sympathize more with, Loki or Magneto. They both are quite tragic villains in a way. I guess in terms of trauma though I'd be leaning towards Magneto since he had his family wiped out by the Nazis and was systematically tortured emotionally as a child to bring out his mutant gifts whereas Loki's seems a bit more self induced.

Hmmm....looks like Tommy is into female posteriors just based upon where his eyes are wandering in this pic. Can't say as though I'm not a little jelly.

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - The reason why I listen to European Metal.

Isn't this far better but still pop-like?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-23-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #277
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Another video from the Rome premiere. In the opening ''montage' they show it has the brief little 'dance' that he does up on stage that I've been seeing as gifs on tumblr... in droves... recently *lol*. And the man sings a little *sigh*

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

....oh yeah, and he talks about Loki too

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #278
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

He does a little dance, he sings, he acts, he writes, he's nice...

Where do you find a guy like this???

I am a hopeless Hiddles fangirl!

IronGirl299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #279
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGirl299 View Post

Believe me, I wish I knew

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #280
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGirl299 View Post

I too would like to know that answer. I just keep thinking to myself that I have to have faith I'll find him one of these days when I least expect it...and he better like Godzilla movies.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-23-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #281
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post

Hmmm....looks like Tommy is into female posteriors just based upon where his eyes are wandering in this pic. Can't say as though I'm not a little jelly.
Ol' Hiddleston would be good friends with me then, because I'm into female posteriors as well.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #282
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

I bet you have that Sir Mix-A-Lot song on heavy rotation on your smart phone 24/7.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #283
balder
Banned User

The Bad Guy: Loki

I have this thing about bad guys, the antagonist of a piece. I just love a good bad guy. I love the truly evil and twisted bad guys that you love to hate, and I love the damaged and emotionally challenged bad guys where your heart goes out to them because you can see what made them the way they are. I think these are the bad guys that really stick with me.

Loki is one of these bad guys. Throughout many different mediums and stories, the character of Loki often comes across to me as one of those misunderstood antagonists that you want to take to the side and give them a huge hug and say Ďplease, donít go down that pathí. Only, if they didnít go down that path, there would be no story, would there?

In Thor, the movie that is because I havenít read the comics, Loki is not a villain as such, as he is just a person trying to fit in. He was brought up in a world and with a family that wasnít truly his. He was trapped, trying to find his place. And in the middle of all that, there was his relationship with Thor.

Thor, to Loki, was his brother. But he was more than that. He was his rival. Only, rival isnít really the right word. Rival gives the impression of equality. Thatís where the problem lies. Loki never felt like Thor was his equal. It wasnít that he felt superior to Thor, if anything, he felt like he wasnít good enough to be placed beside Thor. So Loki was jealous. He was the jealous in the same way any little brother would be jealous of their older brother who seemed to get everything.

It only makes sense that Loki wanted to prove himself. He wanted to be given the same chance that Thor had been given. He wanted to be his equal. Thus, the antagonist was born.

This also extends into actual Norse mythology.

In mythology, Loki was a trickster. He loved pranks and he loved stirring up trouble. There were antagonistic traits to him in early stories, but no more than any of the other gods. He was no worse than any of them, and yet he was never really an equal.

Depending on which source you read, some class Loki as one of the giants in Norse myths, one who spent a lot of time with the gods. In other sources, he is credited as a god himself. But whichever way you choose to look at it, whether he was a god or giant, he was never really an equal amongst the other gods. He was never given that.

Often, he is the scapegoat. When something goes wrong, it was Lokiís job to fix it or it would be his head on the chopping block. Sometimes, he caused the problems in the first place, like a young child acting out for attention.

Even his children were branded as dangerous and not just cast out, but punished for sins they hadnít yet committed. But it had been foretold of what would happen, and so out of fear, the gods reacted to the extreme. When everything did come to a head, was that because what the gods had been told was true, or was it because of the whole idea of self-fulfilling prophecy? By reacting to what they feared would happen, had they caused it to happen?

I mean, Iím not an expert on Norse mythology. I havenít read all the stories or researched them deeply, but of the ones I have read, these are the impressions I have formed.

But, Iím getting away from my main focus. Loki.

Stories need bad guys like fire needs oxygen. Sometimes, if the story had gone another path, if something had gone differently, the bad guy, the antagonist, could so easily change roles and instead become the protagonist. Sometimes, he truly believes he is the good guy. And sometimes, he gets thrust into the role of being the antagonist because someone has to do it. Somebody has to keep the balance.

Without darkness, how would we know light? Without sadness, how could we know happiness? Without someone to stand against, how could the hero prove himself?

So hereís to Loki, and all the other great bad guys out there.

balder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #284
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

^ fantastic post which also takes mythology into good perspective. Loki was responsible for the Norse apocalypse, otherwise known as Ragnarok. And his three kids are even more screwed up than he is!
Yeah, did I mention he was a dad? hahaha

Old 04-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #285
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by balder View Post
The Bad Guy: Loki

I have this thing about bad guys, the antagonist of a piece. I just love a good bad guy. I love the truly evil and twisted bad guys that you love to hate, and I love the damaged and emotionally challenged bad guys where your heart goes out to them because you can see what made them the way they are. I think these are the bad guys that really stick with me.

Loki is one of these bad guys. Throughout many different mediums and stories, the character of Loki often comes across to me as one of those misunderstood antagonists that you want to take to the side and give them a huge hug and say Ďplease, donít go down that pathí. Only, if they didnít go down that path, there would be no story, would there?

In Thor, the movie that is because I havenít read the comics, Loki is not a villain as such, as he is just a person trying to fit in. He was brought up in a world and with a family that wasnít truly his. He was trapped, trying to find his place. And in the middle of all that, there was his relationship with Thor.

Thor, to Loki, was his brother. But he was more than that. He was his rival. Only, rival isnít really the right word. Rival gives the impression of equality. Thatís where the problem lies. Loki never felt like Thor was his equal. It wasnít that he felt superior to Thor, if anything, he felt like he wasnít good enough to be placed beside Thor. So Loki was jealous. He was the jealous in the same way any little brother would be jealous of their older brother who seemed to get everything.

It only makes sense that Loki wanted to prove himself. He wanted to be given the same chance that Thor had been given. He wanted to be his equal. Thus, the antagonist was born.

This also extends into actual Norse mythology.

In mythology, Loki was a trickster. He loved pranks and he loved stirring up trouble. There were antagonistic traits to him in early stories, but no more than any of the other gods. He was no worse than any of them, and yet he was never really an equal.

Depending on which source you read, some class Loki as one of the giants in Norse myths, one who spent a lot of time with the gods. In other sources, he is credited as a god himself. But whichever way you choose to look at it, whether he was a god or giant, he was never really an equal amongst the other gods. He was never given that.

Often, he is the scapegoat. When something goes wrong, it was Lokiís job to fix it or it would be his head on the chopping block. Sometimes, he caused the problems in the first place, like a young child acting out for attention.

Even his children were branded as dangerous and not just cast out, but punished for sins they hadnít yet committed. But it had been foretold of what would happen, and so out of fear, the gods reacted to the extreme. When everything did come to a head, was that because what the gods had been told was true, or was it because of the whole idea of self-fulfilling prophecy? By reacting to what they feared would happen, had they caused it to happen?

I mean, Iím not an expert on Norse mythology. I havenít read all the stories or researched them deeply, but of the ones I have read, these are the impressions I have formed.

But, Iím getting away from my main focus. Loki.

Stories need bad guys like fire needs oxygen. Sometimes, if the story had gone another path, if something had gone differently, the bad guy, the antagonist, could so easily change roles and instead become the protagonist. Sometimes, he truly believes he is the good guy. And sometimes, he gets thrust into the role of being the antagonist because someone has to do it. Somebody has to keep the balance.

Without darkness, how would we know light? Without sadness, how could we know happiness? Without someone to stand against, how could the hero prove himself?

So hereís to Loki, and all the other great bad guys out there.

(i wish there was a pint-clinking emoticon on here.)

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #286
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Well, I am fond of bad guys as well. I think I posted that my first fave character was a bad guy called Darth Vader. You guys might have heard of him right? Well after that I just sympathized with the bad guys more than the good guys. General Zod, Non and Ursa, Khan Noonian Singh, K.A.R.R. from Nightrider, King Ghidorah, Venom, Dr. Octopus from the second Raimi Spidey movie...the list could go on and on. I just have way too much sympathy for the bad guys in movies though I guess you could technically place me in the Goody Goody category. Now that would be an interesting match...a bad guy falling in love with a Do Gooder and being okay with her squeaky clean heroic tendencies.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-24-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #287
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Loki is such a bad-ass! I love him!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #288
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

^ Haha yup, I agree, bad guys make the world go round especially when they're trying to rule it. I actually like Ursa too! I only 'met' her once, and I'm not sure if she qualifies as psycho, but I thought she sure was.
I love Loki because he's just so--y'know? Not counting the amazing fact that he's being played by Mr. Hiddleston-the-Great, but because of the WAY he was played, the way he was written into the movie with such amazing savior faire and depth. You can see the character development--in Thor, Loki was the confused, vengeful and angsty little bro, in Avengers he's an all-out villain who knows his ****, has bigger fish to fry and has gotten over his angst in quest of bigger things. And Loki was, in all honesty, the first movie villain I ever wanted to give a hug to. If you'd tried that in Thor, Loki would maybe return the hug, but if you'd attempted to pull that in Avengers, he'd probably stab you through the back.
And that is why he's awesome.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #289
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Seriously, my above post had me thinking I'd really love a replica of K.A.R.R. from Knightrider now, and one that talks to me too.

But yeah, I have a feeling even since Loki
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
brutally murders Agent Coulson in Avengers *sad face*
I'll still like Loki just because he's a bad guy...and because he's Tom Hiddleston.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #290
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Man, I leave for one minute and come back to it being dripping wet in here.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #291
catgirl18
Side-Kick

catgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #292
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

catgirl...stop it! Stop it with the Tom Hiddleston pictures!!! How you tempt me so much to save each and every one of them to my hard drive!!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #293
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Quote:
catgirl...stop it! Stop it with the Tom Hiddleston pictures!!! How you tempt me so much to save each and every one of them to my hard drive!!

intotthewild: tumblr

catgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #294
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Oh God I am going to fry my hard drive with all these images!!!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #295
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

accidently went into the spoiler-filled screening thread thinking it was the general speculation thread lol seems like they're spoiler tagging everything anyway but I did find this through skimming through the pages.

Looks like Tom wants to go disco!!!

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #296
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
accidently went into the spoiler-filled screening thread thinking it was the general speculation thread lol seems like they're spoiler tagging everything anyway but I did find this through skimming through the pages.

Looks like Tom wants to go disco!!!
yeah, I posted a vid just a couple posts up that has this dance (http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=277) (he sings in that vid too)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #297
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I bet you have that Sir Mix-A-Lot song on heavy rotation on your smart phone 24/7.
Nah I don't, but now that you mention it I just might set that song as my ringtone.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #298
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

There's a scene with Loki
before he gets apprehended by Iron Man and Captain America, he demands the public to get down and kneel before him. It's quite chilling, knowing how powerful he is. And Captain America's speech at Loki, comparing him to Hitler is pretty cool as well.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #299
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There's a scene with Loki
before he gets apprehended by Iron Man and Captain America, he demands the public to get down and kneel before him. It's quite chilling, knowing how powerful he is. And Captain America's speech at Loki, comparing him to Hitler is pretty cool as well.
Does Loki seem more powerful in this film than he was in Thor, like as far as magical attacks/abilities go?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #300
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Does Loki seem more powerful in this film than he was in Thor, like as far as magical attacks/abilities go?
I wouldn't want to be around him, put it that way. He uses the spear weapon quite a lot as well.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote